PDA

View Full Version : Help a newbie chanter?

TheFishyOne
11-03-2012, 07:19 AM
Hey guys, with plat running tight and spell costs running high, I just wanted your input on which spell lines to grab as a chanter, and which ones to avoid. Also, when running with a group, which spells should I have memmed when I'm not buffing?

Right now, I am level 21. Many thanks in advance!

Bubbles
11-03-2012, 07:31 AM
Hey guys, with plat running tight and spell costs running high, I just wanted your input on which spell lines to grab as a chanter, and which ones to avoid. Also, when running with a group, which spells should I have memmed when I'm not buffing?

Right now, I am level 21. Many thanks in advance!

Just post the name of your character in game. There's plenty of us out there with EC mules who'd kick a growing enchanter down spell cash. :)

TheFishyOne
11-03-2012, 08:40 AM
I thank you for the offer, and my ENC is a Gnome named Zeebos Bugenheimer, but I guess my big question is, "What spells should I mem for most group situations?"

I know there's a huge tutorial out there on how to play an ENC, but I can't remember the URL for it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, and if so, where can I find this resource?

Leeyuuduu
11-03-2012, 02:25 PM
I'm a new enchanter too and I've found these very useful
http://wiki.project1999.org/Xornns_Enchanter_Guide
http://wiki.project1999.org/Xornn%27s_Enchanter_Spell_Guide
http://wiki.project1999.org/Loraen%27s_Enchanter_Guide

TheFishyOne
11-03-2012, 06:38 PM
Thanks Leey! Xornn's was the one I was looking for, but I'll check the others out too.

Vermicelli
11-05-2012, 07:26 PM
Gotta have Tash memorized for sure.

If you plan to charm while in group (and ya should! It's mega beats DPS), keep your Charm memmed. To keep myself from getting splatted on a charm break, I cast a Color Stun, then the Level 4 mez. The L4 mez takes the least amount of mana, lasts long enough to complete the charm recovery routine, and doesn't last so long that your minion stays out of the fight too long. After the mez sticks, I re-Tash and (during the post-L50 game) ask a Magician or Shaman to cast Malo on the mob.

Keep your best mesmerize memmed. The L49 mez, Dazzle, lasts a bout three times longer than your L54 mez, so ya know.

I keep a faster-casting Root spell in memory.

I try to keep a swing-slot available so I can switch out buffs quickly. At lower levels when Haste doesn't last long but is very mana-intensive, it's easier to keep up with hasting several party members if you can stagger each party member's Haste duration rather than dumping 3 Hastes onto 3 melees at the same time. I usually give it about a 2 or 3 minute lead for each person.

At Level 51, you get Theft of Thought, our mana drain. When life is spitting in your face, Theft of Thought will be your clean handkerchief! Until then, you might keep a second Color Stun memorized.

So! Here's my in-group mem list: Tash, Theft of Thought, Charm, L4 Mez, Swing Slot (alternatively a second Color Stun), Current Level Mez, Root, and Color Stun.

Also, if you find yourself with research pages but no research skill, PM me on the boards here and I will give you a lil help with your homework =)

TheFishyOne
11-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Sorry for the thread necro, but I just wanted to thank Vermicelli for helping my noob rear end out yet again! I've read some of your posts on here, and it's like you're some sort of enchanting goddess (Which makes sense, since you ARE, in fact, a Gnome. =) )

I ultimately ended up using a setup very similar to your's, only I'm 25 now, so no Theft of Thought, aand instead of level 4 Mezz and ToT, I use AoE Mezz, and a slow, since I'm not grouped with a shammy about as often as I am, and when I am, he ain't slowing. =D. What are your thoughts on AoE Mezz? I personally have found it rather useful for when a random brings the almighty wrath of Grand Central Station down on my poor group, and I've only mezzed myself with it once. I'll definetely have to find a place for lvl 4 Mezz, though, to better facilitate charming.

Finally, is there any way to tell whether a dark blue mob is low enough to try charming? I have 196 CHA self buffed, but still have nightmares about constant death by chain charm breakage. =P

I try to keep my reaserch skill current when I can. I recently picked up 8 research spells from 29-39 for 200plat, so I should be good for a while. Thanks for the offer though!