PDA

View Full Version : Necro charm mechanics

Hyperstatic60
11-01-2012, 04:06 PM
I am wanting to get more into charming as a necro but it just seems so inconsistent. I can charm a mob 5+ levels below me and the charm commonly lasts less than a minute. This is hardly enough time to kill a mob with a charmed pet.

I've heard many things regarding the modifier for necro charm. Higher charisma, lower charisma, cha doesnt matter, higher int, MR check....the list goes on and on. I was hoping to get some opinions, ideas, or better, someone that has done experiments and knows something on the matter.

Thanks in advance.

Black Jesus
11-01-2012, 10:02 PM
Charisma does not matter. You need an orb of tishan.

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/3748/vekfunem5.jpg

Hyperstatic60
11-02-2012, 01:33 PM
So you are saying to melee with that orb until it procs, then charm? That seems like it might be a little dangerous to try while soloing at high levels, doesnt it?

Autotune
11-02-2012, 02:26 PM
I am wanting to get more into charming as a necro but it just seems so inconsistent. I can charm a mob 5+ levels below me and the charm commonly lasts less than a minute. This is hardly enough time to kill a mob with a charmed pet.

I've heard many things regarding the modifier for necro charm. Higher charisma, lower charisma, cha doesnt matter, higher int, MR check....the list goes on and on. I was hoping to get some opinions, ideas, or better, someone that has done experiments and knows something on the matter.

Thanks in advance.

nothing matters but the spell, mob lvl and MR and even then it can be quite random.

Tecmos Deception
11-03-2012, 05:34 AM
Something that's only 5 levels below you isn't going to hold very well (unless you're only level 40ish or under or so, in which case 5 levels below you should hold well). With my 56 enchanter, I don't like to charm stuff above 47 unless I have to, and that is with a MR debuff helping out too.