PDA

View Full Version : Fungi tunic vs Fungi Staff (SHM)

Urbanzkopf
10-29-2012, 06:16 PM
Hi,

Just a quickfire question, is a fungi staff as beneficial as a fungi tunic for a shaman? From what I can gather the effect of fungi staff is the same regen as the tunic, i'm talking purely from the canni side of things. Is this a better route to go down cause it's cheaper? Use the staff then canni dance etc etc... I know however the downside is that the staff cannot be used until 35... making it pretty useless in a way as a fungi is useful before then, but I just don't have the funds for that.

Thanks anyways for all Y'all answers.

Furniture
10-29-2012, 06:19 PM
im pretty sure the clickable fungal regrowth off the staff doesnt stack with the regen line of spells (regen, chloroplast, etc), so the tunic would be better, but if you cant afford the tunic and can afford the staff, go for the staff because its better than having neither

Furniture
10-29-2012, 06:22 PM
i also think it gives you a snare effect, overwriting sow as well (from what i read on alla)

Urbanzkopf
10-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Ah I know it doesnt stack, was thinking more about the save of the mana but then again the regen lasts like 10 minutes atleast so... meh, yea good point guess I didn't need to post heh !

Ele
10-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Fungi staff is beneficial from 35 through 51, since it provides more regen than your spell version. Only down side is it snares you at the same time, but then again you aren't really kiting stuff anyway. If you get your sow boots from the shaman epic quest, then it is hardly an issue unless you are indoors but then sow isn't usually a huge issue anyway if you are there for an extended period of time.

Staff is still decent from 52-59, saves on mana if you aren't worried about losing sow.

At 60, Torpor just outshines your regen lines, but an extra +15/tick regen mana free doesn't hurt.

Fungi Tunic is always useful. An always on +15 regen can't be beat.

If you are capable and have a choice, go with the tunic.

Urbanzkopf
10-29-2012, 07:34 PM
thanks for the opinions, gonna try grind another 30k out and get the tunic then.