PDA

View Full Version : Should Kerafyrm be awoken in Velious?

zanderklocke
10-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Hypothetically, everyone knows that Velious is the final expansion and content that is guaranteed on this server. This means that Kerafyrm is truly the final end game mob that is guaranteed.

This raises the question of whether or not he should be raised?

The best weapons in the game from the wardens will no longer drop if Kerafyrm is raised. However, it might be exciting to see Kerafyrm raised and the encounter accomplished by one of the capable guilds on the server.

Should the sleeper be left asleep, or should he eventually be woken up?

Discuss.

Ele
10-28-2012, 01:40 PM
The only reason Kerafym was defeated on Live was a bug preventing mobs from regening hp.

Sleeper needs to stay asleep.

zanderklocke
10-28-2012, 01:55 PM
It's obviously going to. And the whole argument about primal weapons is null, they get replaced by nearly identical weapons. The biggest difference is between the items that drop pre-awakening and post-awakening. Some are similar but a lot are different, and will never drop in the game again.

Vice versa, the ones post-awakening will never drop until awakening. It's going to be awakened here by the poop-sockers, no doubt about that.

And unless they severely nerf Kerafyrm, there's no way in HELL it will ever be defeated on this server. You must be trolling to suggest an idea like that, or really new here, or you never read the forums.

Oh, I by no means believe Kerafyrm can be defeated. I meant complete the encounter as in he is woken up, and then he runs around some Velious zones killing everyone. I know that he will not be killed on this server.

Autumnbow
10-28-2012, 02:01 PM
It would be nice if they could leave him up for a year or so, but I doubt it will happen. Whoever the top guild is will come in and wake him once they're done farming the gear, so no one else can get the pre-awakening stuff.

baub
10-28-2012, 02:52 PM
It's obviously going to. And the whole argument about primal weapons is null, they get replaced by nearly identical weapons. The biggest difference is between the items that drop pre-awakening and post-awakening. Some are similar but a lot are different, and will never drop in the game again.

Vice versa, the ones post-awakening will never drop until awakening. It's going to be awakened here by the poop-sockers, no doubt about that.

Sorry but wasn't sleepers 2.0 not itemized until sometime in Luclin?

Treats
10-28-2012, 04:40 PM
When Kerafyrm is awoken the Warder's are gone (Nothing else happens).

Sleeper's Tomb was revamped on Live during Planes of Power (There will never be any Post-item loot here).

There are only 3 things you can get Primal off of in ST after Kerafyrm is awoken:

Master of the Guard
The Progenitor
The Final Arbiter

Thats it.

If you have significant evidence to show that there's weren't drops from the post-warders until Luclin, by all means I'm sure Nilbog would love to put that in the game. However, I'm willing to bet that most servers hadn't awakened the Sleeper until sometime into Luclin or just before it, which makes the entire argument about when it was reitemized pretty moot.

Really?

godbox
10-28-2012, 04:50 PM
rogaen has pretty much said that if the server is still going strong during velious they will start adding custom velious era type content that will stay within the idea of keeping a classic balance to game

Kika Maslyaka
10-28-2012, 05:07 PM
If all 4 warders die, and Nillbog rules that "its classic - no more loot" - the server is going to EXPLODE :D

Actually I have offered idea a while back what to do in this case:

-Kerafyrm will travel across the world zone by zone and kill anything it finds. Any NPC killed by Kerafyrm will never spawn again. Any player killed by Kerafyrm will suffer perma-death, and his char will be deleted from database ;)
When there is no one left - the server will shutdown, and we can all start from the beginning :D

This would be 100% CLASSIC, since thats exactly what was suppose to happen to Norath should Kerafyrm be awaken (and technically in official lore, Kerafyrm was not awakened until events of Secrets of Faydark, where you fight awakened Kerafyrm)

HeallunRumblebelly
10-28-2012, 07:15 PM
I guess i'm the only one who thinks that the sleeper just shouldn't awake at all when all 4 warders die, right?

edit: or immediately after just have the zone move into ancient prismatics, etc. Though even then things like sods and gnome masks quit dropping, so...

itsSergent
10-28-2012, 08:21 PM
If all 4 warders die, and Nillbog rules that "its classic - no more loot" - the server is going to EXPLODE :D

-Kerafyrm will travel across the world zone by zone and kill anything it finds. Any NPC killed by Kerafyrm will never spawn again. Any player killed by Kerafyrm will suffer perma-death, and his char will be deleted from database ;)
When there is no one left - the server will shutdown, and we can all start from the beginning :D

This would be 100% CLASSIC, since thats exactly what was suppose to happen to Norath should Kerafyrm be awaken (and technically in official lore, Kerafyrm was not awakened until events of Secrets of Faydark, where you fight awakened Kerafyrm)

I actually love this idea!

lolondar
10-28-2012, 09:41 PM
that sounds REALLY Cool!!!!! I like it to!

dragonfists
10-29-2012, 12:59 AM
I like it..

cyryllis
10-29-2012, 02:41 AM
totally not classic, but id rather have the event proceed as normal and maybe have an amount of time before the zone would reset back to its pre awakened form. maybe a few months idk.

otherwise people will just quit since they will never be able to raid those mobs

Desmo
10-29-2012, 02:46 AM
Waking the Sleeper provides for a lot of interesting text/tells but nothing really that cant be missed or found elsewhere on another server. It is not a question of if but of when he will awake, I just hope I am there for it again.

Desmo

Xadion
10-29-2012, 08:18 AM
Yeah, I was in GD when it happend on veeshan- it was quite cool just being online at the time.

As for what I feel should be done? Not awaken him... it really serves no pourpose

Lanuven
10-29-2012, 02:16 PM
Its easy enough to make it so that he doesn't awaken for any amount of time, even if all the guardians are killed. I believe EQmac is that way ? Doing this would be a huge benefit to the server as a whole.

Pringles
10-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Its going to happen the first day, just because our end game raid scene is full of absolute douchebagery

Pringles
10-29-2012, 02:39 PM
Its easy enough to make it so that he doesn't awaken for any amount of time, even if all the guardians are killed. I believe EQmac is that way ? Doing this would be a huge benefit to the server as a whole.

EQmac has an agreenment server wide, its only the players that arent awakening him, its not coded in. This is possible because of the tight community there, not gonna happen here.

Gwence
10-29-2012, 03:10 PM
people on alkabor just don't kill all 4 warders

he'd wake up if they did

ventani is probably 4th hardest mob in velious - don't think you guys have much to worry about tbh, he aint dying

Kender
10-29-2012, 03:19 PM
Its going to happen the first day, just because our end game raid scene is full of absolute douchebagery

no it wont. no way you can get enough ST keys in the first day

Diggles
10-29-2012, 03:20 PM
really wanted to load up hax on alkabor kill sleeper but they'd prolly just reset it

Pringles
10-29-2012, 10:45 PM
no it wont. no way you can get enough ST keys in the first day

I know this, I don't mean it literally - you get the idea. Sleeper will get woken pretty damn quickly, no way will any "Agreement" not to kill all 4 warders stand here amongst those that are ST capable.

Lordwhiskers
10-30-2012, 10:32 AM

I love this idea too.

Nirgon
10-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Nothing less than classic here