PDA

View Full Version : My modified Velious UI

phobus
10-26-2012, 01:12 PM
This is a version of the Velious UI that I've made some changes to. Some features were inspired by or borrowed from the Vert and Duxa UIs, but the minimalism of Velious is more my style.

There are two versions: one has four horizontal hotbutton windows. The other has three horizontal hotbutton windows, and a window with two columns of buttons with integrated weapon and main inventory slots.

The player info window shows your HP, mana, and experience with percentage numbers, as well as big numeric displays for HP and mana.

The buff window shows little icons for each, and if you mouse-over or hold down alt, the buffs' names and time left will flash. It's derived from the Duxa buff window, but doesn't have that huge dead space that keeps you from clicking on the screen.

Feedback is appreciated. :)

Screenshot:
http://i.imgur.com/LCHM0.jpg

Download:
4 horizontal hotbutton bars: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2826469/phobus_4h.zip
3 horizontal, one 4x2 with inventory: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2826469/phobus.zip

SyanideGas
10-26-2012, 01:13 PM
Very cool man!

Kevynne
11-06-2012, 05:15 PM
this is one bad ass ui.

Savok
11-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Nice changes, that's why I love the open xml UI system!

Ralff
11-12-2012, 04:47 PM
I really enjoy this UI. I may have missed something, but how do you get the horizontal action bar as opposed to the vertical+bags? Not too much to complain about, it feels like you made all the right tweaks in the right places. :)

A Lizard 01
12-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Outstanding work. I did have all of my ancient UI saved on a disc, mostly old versions of tk/remelio stuff, most of which was broken sadly when I fired up p1999 here. Thanks for posting this up.

A Lizard 01
12-12-2012, 09:50 AM
Anyone feeling ambitious? I would love some minor tweaks to this UI. I wish I was capable of doing the XML. Alas that I must come to the forums in such a beggarly fashion.

Target Window:
- Add a few pixels to the base and make the con display a border. Height 53 pixels.

Player Window:
- Numerical HP/Mana display replaced with pet name/pet HP/% display.

Group Window:
- Remove the invite/LFG/disband buttons and shorten the base a few pixels. Height 155 Pixels.

Cast Spell Window:
- I'd love a plain clean spell cast window. 2 gems wide, 4 gems high. No rounded gem effect, rectangular default size that the gemicon.tga uses. Spell color coding borders. Width 138 pixels, Height 188 pixels.

I shooped up some woops to illustrate what I have in mind for a final result. Clean, tidy, minimal. http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn201/Morgul1975/Uishoop.png

phobus
12-12-2012, 11:42 AM
It wouldn't be too hard to make some of the changes you want. There is a definite learning curve to editing these files, but most things are not as difficult as they look.

Removing/resizing stuff is pretty easy, so I'd suggest you start with removing those buttons from the group window. The file you want is EQUI_GroupWindow.xml.

Also, a hint for quickly testing your changes: make a copy of the UI you're going to edit. Call it "myui" or whatever. Login to the game and go somewhere safe. Make your changes, and then use /loadskin to attempt to load your edited UI. If you get an error and it reverts back to the default UI, look at UIErrors.txt in your EQ directory and that should tell you where you messed up. Good luck. :)

Bamzal Sherbet
12-12-2012, 11:45 AM
i want to see 4 vertical hotbars gogogoo

A Lizard 01
12-12-2012, 12:29 PM
It wouldn't be too hard to make some of the changes you want. There is a definite learning curve to editing these files, but most things are not as difficult as they look.

Removing/resizing stuff is pretty easy, so I'd suggest you start with removing those buttons from the group window. The file you want is EQUI_GroupWindow.xml.

Also, a hint for quickly testing your changes: make a copy of the UI you're going to edit. Call it "myui" or whatever. Login to the game and go somewhere safe. Make your changes, and then use /loadskin to attempt to load your edited UI. If you get an error and it reverts back to the default UI, look at UIErrors.txt in your EQ directory and that should tell you where you messed up. Good luck. :)

I've never messed with any xml. I've taken a peek at said files in notepad. I imagine it would be a little more intuitive with an actual XML editor. I would have to goto school on that man. Like open your textbook to page 1, what does xml even stand for type school. I'll have a go at it though eventually. It's something i'd really like to know how to do but some peeps are just not coders/scripters and that would be me at the present lol.

fishingme
12-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Awesome, I've been looking for velious UI with mana bar/ experience %. Thanks for making this man!

fishingme
12-12-2012, 02:26 PM
I was curious though, for the hotbuttons/inventory window that are both attached. Is there any way to drop the inventory window?

Savok
12-12-2012, 08:01 PM
I learned by using Notepadd++ and just reading the XML file. One you start to take each piece apart it becomes a lot easier to understand it. Like someone said above, just take a file and make changes and test it. If you mess up just restore from a backup and retry.

Moffen
01-11-2013, 10:37 PM
Download notepad++ its free to use and is a great text editor for a lot of languages

Piff
01-11-2013, 10:49 PM
this is great, thanks alot.

skipdog
01-14-2013, 10:06 PM
I've also been searching for a velious ui with numerical health/mana. Thanks so much!!!

oldhead
03-19-2014, 06:45 PM
Spellbook button missing from casting bar. Any way to add it?

Other than that a great UI!