PDA

View Full Version : NPC Spawn Issue: Lake Rathe - The Aviak Ladder and Webclaw Murkwave

anthony210
05-31-2010, 05:47 AM
I used to solo at this spot as a druid and do not recall there being any goblins that spawn on land. I used to kite the aviak guards that spawn at the top of the ladder (3 of them to be exact).

When I arrived I noticed a aqua goblin shaman roaming around the island with the ladder so I killed him. Then Webclaw spawned and killed me. I recall him spawning in a cave underneath the island, not on the island. Like I said before I remember kiting these aviaks on the island with no worry of adds.

dali_lb
05-31-2010, 07:20 AM
Not sure where he spawns, but webclaw did roam by that island on live. Remember killing him with few hp's left first time i saw him, and couldn't believe my luck, that i managed to kill a deep red con.

anthony210
06-01-2010, 01:11 AM
Did he roam by it or on it? I distincly remember kiting on that island with no worry of any mobs.

dali_lb
06-01-2010, 03:26 AM
he roamed by it. eg came in like in a line from RM, stopped at around the foot of the big ladder for a bit and then walked towards Arena area

azxten
06-01-2010, 04:06 AM
He used to roam somewhere but now he seems to just walk from one side of that island to the other.. used to swim somewhere else and so did his PH. I noticed this as well that him/PH would come back every 5 minutes or whatever.

dali_lb
06-01-2010, 04:30 AM
Ya he used to roam like all over the zone, mostly in the water wich made tracking him pretty buggy.

I have noticed from those things i remember from live, that 90% of all outdoor mobpathing on emu servers is more or less off.
Some just a bit. Other are completely off, so the people who originally did the pathing convertions from live wasn't too accurate :) but it's propably also pretty impossible to do it 100% automatic without errors, and if every mob needed be tuned by hand, boy oh boy .... they wouldn't have had emus working today