PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Evil Eyes and invis

dali_lb
05-31-2010, 04:57 AM
Nilbog: evil eyes now see through invis.

Don't know what you been smokin Nil, but regular Evil Eyes in EK and Gorge, Lord Syrkl/Soptyvr/Svir Never saw thru invis. This is 300% certain.

eqdruid76
05-31-2010, 06:10 AM
Unless they cast See Invisible upon themselves, which they were known to do.

dali_lb
05-31-2010, 07:15 AM
They never did.
You could walk right by them without a problem.
I have not checked on King Xorb, as he rarely is up roaming when running thru, but the normal eyes in throne area certainly never saw invis

nilbog
05-31-2010, 08:55 PM
I read a few different articles that said they did. If its not correct I'll change it back.

Any other opinions?

YendorLootmonkey
05-31-2010, 09:00 PM
Here's my opinion: It's an evil EYE. Of course it sees invis... it sees EVERYTHING. It's just an eye -- it can't do anything else! How useless would being just an eyeball be if you weren't even good at seeing things?!?! That's like your ONE JOB as an eye is to see shit.

Zordana
05-31-2010, 09:21 PM
tbh i know at some point evil eyes did see invis, i just dont know if it was classic or kunark+ but they sure did!

eqdruid76
05-31-2010, 09:54 PM
Evil Eyes are enchanters. They sometimes, but not always, cast See Invisiible upon themselves as part of their buff routine.

dali_lb
06-01-2010, 03:33 AM
well i wouldn't care now since their no longer any danger to me on p99. I just know that they used to be one of my favorite spots to farm on live with various chars once i hit around 20, and i often scouted them if they were camped or if soptyvr was up, and never had them agro or con anything other than indiff, unless invis dropped

Gorroth
06-01-2010, 06:45 AM
Evil Eyes are enchanters. They sometimes, but not always, cast See Invisiible upon themselves as part of their buff routine.

This.

Which explains the confusion.

Mleh
06-01-2010, 07:03 AM
This.

Which explains the confusion.

By that theory every mage, wizard, enchanter, and necro npc should see inviz passed level 8.

Kainzo
06-01-2010, 09:24 AM
By that theory every mage, wizard, enchanter, and necro npc should see inviz passed level 8.

Most casters see through invis - but not all. Pretty sure it was a case by case basis if a mob caster had see invis.

Savok
06-01-2010, 09:33 AM
Yep. Remove the see invis and add see invis spell to its buff cycle.

nilbog
06-01-2010, 02:38 PM
Yep. Remove the see invis and add see invis spell to its buff cycle.

This won't have the intended effect you're looking for. They would always use see invisible, and always give every other allied npc see invis.

Most casters see through invis - but not all. Pretty sure it was a case by case basis if a mob caster had see invis.

Strange things indeed. My memory suggests it was shaman npcs that I had to fear seeing invisible. Could be completely wrong or picked that up from a different game :p

However, most any npc would gain see-invis by being charmed. I discussed this here http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5761

Kainzo
06-01-2010, 05:44 PM
can someone test this on live? I dont believe it has changed recently (minus the few revamps) im sure someone could find the evil eye camp and tell us if he does see invis or not.