PDA

View Full Version : Cant find in getting started. How do I fix Lavastorm / Nek Forest?

Cribanox
10-22-2012, 05:13 PM
I don't know how to fix this, im in LS right now hoverign above ground. Was this step taken out of the getting started page?

Kurze
10-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Shouldn't the EQEmuLauncher patch this automatically when you patch for the P99 Server(s)?
Other than that, I'm not sure since it seems all the emulated servers use that launcher universally.

Zereh
10-22-2012, 07:03 PM
I don't know how to fix this, im in LS right now hoverign above ground. Was this step taken out of the getting started page?

Yes, the links to the individual replacement files have been removed you now are pretty much forced into using the Launcher (http://www.moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip). You can go back to the normal way of starting P99 after you've patched in what you need to to fix Nek and LS.

itsSergent
10-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Before attempting to zone into the following zones:
Nektulos
Lavastorm
Arena

You must delete the following files

nektulos.eqg
nektulos_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
nektulos.mp3
nektulos.zon
lavastorm.eqg
lavastorm.emt
lavastorm_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
lavastorm.mp3
arena.eqg
arena_EnvironmentEmitters.txt
arena.zon

MAKE SURE that you delete the right ones. NOT .s3d files for example. You also don't have to delete them you can just move them to another folder or rename them if you are sure you'll remember the old name to switch back.

Taken from a reply to a thread in "Bugs"

Kika Maslyaka
10-22-2012, 07:25 PM
ehem... you really don't need to delete mp3 ;)

webrunner5
10-23-2012, 09:36 AM
Do the Duxa thingy and all will be well.

falkun
10-23-2012, 09:46 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=638604&postcount=5

Raavak
10-23-2012, 10:07 AM
What did they do to the Arena on Live that causes P1999 to revert back?

Psionide
10-23-2012, 11:41 AM
duxa installer and the eqemulauncher never worked for me. I always had to install the old manual way, I wish they would put the old way back up I don't know why it was taken down.

Hurley
10-23-2012, 11:44 AM
I wish they would put the old way back up I don't know why it was taken down.

Handull
01-04-2013, 02:21 AM
I wish they would put the old way back up I don't know why it was taken down.

i just had to install eq on my old desktop because my laptop needs a need GPU, and I can't run the patcher, something about XML files or whatever. Don't really care to try and get the patcher up and running on this super old rig, but hopefully i can get enough out of this thread and others to get my toon out of lavastorm :(

worst part is it literally takes 5 minutes to get from server select to in game

gotrocks
01-04-2013, 04:27 AM
0_o. xml files? can you put this in tech discussion and list your exact error?

we're usually pretty good about tracking down answers for players who get stuck