PDA

View Full Version : Enchanter/Necro Duo

Itching
10-22-2012, 12:14 AM
I just started leveling with a friend of mine of the server I'm an enchanter and he is a necro. I was wondering if anyone knew any good duo spots for the two of us leveling together at any range, even off the wall camps and locations!

Splorf22
10-22-2012, 01:01 AM
If you are good, any zone, any camp, assuming you are high enough level, with very very few exceptions.

-Catherin-
10-22-2012, 07:45 AM
get good at charming. go to undead zones and wreck the place. Can do almost anything you want otherwise too

Kurze
10-22-2012, 01:11 PM
I'm the necro that Itching is going to be playing with. We both played Pally mains back in the live days, but now we are going the caster route (him a DE Ench and me a Gnome Necro.)
Anyways, if there are any suggestions for good spots to duo we'd both greatly appreciate it. Currently we're about level 8, so we don't have charm yet. Fear kiting (allowing him to get hit once to let his pet attack as well) has been very good xp, but we are still learning how to play off of each other to be the most effective.
Currently we are in EC, but both would like to eventually hit good spots where the mainstream doesn't always follow. (i.e. EC/Gfay.) We would like to level at a good pace while being in places that are less often ventured.

Phinger
10-22-2012, 01:13 PM
I agree with Loraen and Catherin. You two make a great duo...one of my favorites as an enchanter. Pretty much go where you want and do what you want to do. Its even better when the necro can heal. If you find a rogue pet and have space to fear kite...mm...

Phinger
10-22-2012, 01:19 PM
You can try the sisters in lfay on 10 probably for good money. Also, the cog area in steamfont is great for 8-10...just watch for the Mino hero. Najena is usually empty in the low teens. Guk in upper teens, unrest mid teens...gargoyles in oot late teens. So many options. Once the enc gets 20 and color shift, charm really opens up for him. I think i have a spare copy...let me know if you need it.

Hhk late 20s...have enc charm Osargen and try to fear kite if you're both not kos to guards.

Kurze
10-22-2012, 02:16 PM
Thanks for the suggestions Phinger! Surprisingly I've never done much in lfay or najena (even in live). Appreciate the tips too.
Question: I can't remember, does ench mana regen line stack with the necro hp/mana conversion line? IIRC it doesn't, but would just like to confirm.

Phinger
10-22-2012, 02:27 PM
It does not. Necro one is better, enc will not hold when cast on you.

Kurze
10-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Didn't think so. Thanks for the clarification.

Itching
10-22-2012, 08:13 PM
So is it true that a good chunk of enchanter spells are only sold at HHK? If so I am sad face :(

Splorf22
10-22-2012, 08:31 PM
Nod. The good news is that once you hit 12 you won't need the crappy animations any more.

Phinger
10-22-2012, 10:28 PM
No. Its only the pet spells after level 8. Just about everything else is at the standard spell merchants.

Itching
10-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Well I got a CHA set so hopefully I wont need to many of them!

goshozal
10-26-2012, 05:58 PM
Whisper me in game, I also started enc after knowing the game but not the class. You're in for a lot of fun.

Suggestions:

At level 12, when you both have your spells, get some food supplies and make your way to Kurn's tower in the field of bone. It's fantastic xp until 20, and the two of you should have no problems wrecking it. The only disadvantage is that it's a pretty far trek for level 12's. I myself did it running invis through cabilis, and never had a single death.

As soon as you're both 20, go to the giant fort in ww. They're not undead, but it's outdoors and they're easy single pulls. You can fear them safely on the hill inside the fort, just by the doorway closest to OT. You can seriously do 20-30 in this spot.

20-30 there's also the Estate of Unrest. And parts of Mistmoore.

At 30, the giant fort in FM.

Whisper me in game and I'll show you any of the areas I mentioned.

Maksim

Splorf22
10-27-2012, 01:04 AM
You have an awesome duo like nec/enc and your advice is to fear kite outside? Not saying it won't work, but that duo is capable of so much more.

goshozal
10-29-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm so sorry. I was trying to share my own experience, after stating that I was also new to enchanters, and some spots that I thought were good xp.

Clearly my ideas were sub-optimal! I can't believe I wasted everyone's time. I'm so ashamed.

Kurze
10-29-2012, 04:33 PM
So far Itching's Ench and I (the necro in this thread) have been testing our effectiveness in the EC desert area and we are quite a force even at the lowly level of 10 (at lvl 8 we moved from the desert to Orc 1 and proceeded to obliterate the camp upon joining another necro and a rogue.)

Good times so far!