PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Venril Sathir aoe tap

Nirgon
10-21-2012, 05:08 PM
I didn't see this firing in any kills I've seen on either server.

The spell should be called :

Imprecation
and is a 228 point aoe direct tap. Unlimited targets.

Imprecation - original: AE Duration Tap, changed: April 26, 2000

In the spell database this is restricted to admin level access because it has been modified so many times.

I can't see past Velious in this DB but what I do see later in Allakazam is they made it a pbaoe duration tap.

It is definitely this spell (quoted above) that is supposed to be on Venril and can see the raw stats but no joy on getting anything like usually posted.

Nirgon
10-21-2012, 05:21 PM
This is also largely how Venril countered having such low hp made up for players trying to bring large numbers to zerg him easily.

Big Nilbog where you at

Zereh
10-21-2012, 05:37 PM
LOL For real? You're initiating a bug report based on code that isn't associated with this server? About an encounter which you have obviously never even participated in?

[Sat Oct 20 16:45:41 2012] Venril Sathir hits Arzak for 233 points of damage.
[Sat Oct 20 16:45:41 2012] Venril Sathir was burned.
[Sat Oct 20 16:45:41 2012] Venril Sathir beams a smile at Arzak
[Sat Oct 20 16:45:41 2012] Venril Sathir says 'Ahhh, I feel much better now...'
[Sat Oct 20 16:45:41 2012] Arzak staggers.

Lazortag
10-21-2012, 05:44 PM
Zarah in his post he CLEARLY says it's a 228 point lifetap, whereas in your quote it's a 233 point lifetap. This is an obvious attempt at trying to further your pro-zerg, anti-classic agenda. Thank you Nirgon for bringing this to our attention, the 5 point difference in the damage done by the lifetap is surely trivializing the encounter.

Zereh
10-21-2012, 05:49 PM
Zarah in his post he CLEARLY says it's a 228 point lifetap, whereas in your quote it's a 233 point lifetap. This is an obvious attempt at trying to further your pro-zerg, anti-classic agenda. Thank you Nirgon for bringing this to our attention, the 5 point difference in the damage done by the lifetap is surely trivializing the encounter.

But it's 5 points in VS's favor! He's the clearly cheater here.

Nirgon
10-21-2012, 06:02 PM
I don't think you know what chars I do and don't have access to.

Stay outta here, this is men's work.

And please let's not talk about the source code these guys started with.

Splorf22
10-21-2012, 06:13 PM
I hate defending Nirgon, but VS didn't tap in that log, he meleed AFAICS. Also I think he is claiming it should be an *aoe* tap on all players. I'm not saying that's correct, just that is post is not ipso facto moronic.

Nirgon
10-21-2012, 06:34 PM
I seek to make this server as classic as humanly possible sirs. You should enjoy defending me.

Zereh
10-21-2012, 07:21 PM
I seek to make this server as classic as humanly possible sirs. You should enjoy defending me.

You seek attention.

You may want to consider not posting bug reports based off of dank code & a DB copy from 8+ years ago. Even the P99 stuff from a couple years ago would be better - it's floating around out there somewhere.

Nirgon
10-21-2012, 07:38 PM
Sorry I have access to a legit Sony gold DB of Velious which is better than anything else I think you will find (here's a hint, its real classic EQ code/values which is what we're trying to emulate!).

Stop trolling my bug threads.

I don't see anyone being effected by aoe, ever, in any of these posted fights and kills that I see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4m2jVgIp9w

No AoE taps here, or in the red one I saw:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FZeGzIll1Y

Extremely trivial if thats the case. Makes him about as hard as Miragul really (lol).

Go away Zereh.

Nizzarr
10-21-2012, 08:02 PM
I dont remember venril aoeing ever on live.

Nirgon
10-21-2012, 08:19 PM
Okay well this database says otherwise and it is legit.

He was like an uber Maestro with the added FREQUENT 1500 tap proc on melee.

Haven't tanked him here or talked to any tanks here regarding frequency on that.

Ele
10-21-2012, 09:58 PM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29036

Nirgon
10-21-2012, 10:11 PM
Ah his mez... that is a tougher one. I can't say if that was added or he always had it, I would have to check to be sure. I do remember fights with him having it though. He should DEFINITELY have the aoe tap I have listed.

I'll hafta look after I get my work done tonight.

You can't honestly think he's just a Miragul with more hps/stronger melee and higher resists and that's it? This fucker was like the original "strat" fight.

Heebee
10-21-2012, 10:27 PM
He should DEFINITELY NOT have the aoe tap I have listed

Fixed.

thrump
10-21-2012, 11:41 PM
If he had one, it was directional.

I do not remember the mez..

Treats
10-21-2012, 11:48 PM
Imprecation is not even listed in the Kunark or Velious spdat.

If it was added, it was put in sometime between February and May of 2001.

There are two seperate effects in the Velious spdat regarding the Mez, I would assume the second one is correct because of the recast delay:

Sathir's Gaze
Stuns target for 30.0 (L1) seconds
DoT for 1200 Hit Points (HP) in 4 ticks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classes: None

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Range to Target: 200 feet
Area Effect Range: 90 feet

Skill: Conjuration
Allowable Targets: Point Blank AoE

Resistance Check: None

Mana Required: 70
Spell Duration: Instant
Casting Time: 0.50 seconds
Spell Recovery: 2.25 seconds

Spell cast on you: You are mesmerized.
Spell cast on someone: Soandso has been mesmerized.
Spell fades: You are no longer mesmerized.

Sathir's Mesmerization
Stuns target for 30.0 (L1) seconds
DoT for 1600 Hit Points (HP) in 4 ticks

Classes: None

Range to Target: 200 feet
Area Effect Range: 30 feet

Skill: Instantaneous
Allowable Targets: Point Blank AoE

Resistance Check: None

Mana Required: 70
Spell Duration: Instant
Casting Time: 3.0 seconds
Spell Recovery: 2.25 seconds
Recast Delay: 24.0 seconds

Spell cast on you: You are mesmerized.
Spell cast on someone: Soandso has been mesmerized.
Spell fades: You are no longer mesmerized.

Ferok
10-22-2012, 09:30 AM
As I recall, the lifetap AOE was very short range. This was a classic 'use max melee range' fight because melee could avoid the AOE at the very back of melee range.

I don't recall the mez either. The key to the fight was always mitigating his proc lifetap, however.

Nirgon
10-22-2012, 10:58 AM
I certainly killed this mob as I had an epic on live but upon further review of this mob and his abilities and shit look heavily modified and I may have to do some more digging.

He absolutely had an aoe.

Nirgon
10-22-2012, 12:28 PM
http://web.archive.org/web/20010702200344/http://everlore.com/bestiary/beastdetails.asp?mode=show&BID=152936

Here we see them discussing an aoe tap

I think its supposed to be a mes in here but 12 years later and seeing what I saw (aoe tap ability listed on him in the DB).. ugh.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010421134539/http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=4588

Once you've cleared to the large square room next to his, have the monks feign pull all the trash from around him, while the group buffs up. Standard buffs here, speed clarity, Cleric HP/Ac stuff. The one difference is that all mellee classes need to have Rune V on them. Med up and get ready to go.

The reason you use Rune 5 is that it stops the lifetap. As I understand it, the lifetap doesn't even wear away the Rune on the tank, so for a rogue, monk or ranger who's not supposed to be the target of his agressions, they will never get hit by the AE with one Rune.

IIRC also he can't/doesn't proc his life tap on the tank unless he breaks the rune and scores a damaging (read not absorbed by rune) hit.

FIGHT
This is how the fight goes:
The main tank will start attacking VS by himself for a few moments to build up aggro, enchanters will start chain-casting rune on the main tank so that VS cannot lifetap.

I believe the version with the mez/stun is the one after you turn in the quest piece.

Lazortag
10-22-2012, 01:01 PM
IIRC also he can't/doesn't proc his life tap on the tank unless he breaks the rune and scores a damaging (read not absorbed by rune) hit.

This is working as intended on p99. He has to damage to have a chance of proccing the lifetap, so any missed/riposted/runed/etc. hits won't proc.

Nirgon
10-22-2012, 01:32 PM
Cool glad to hear that.

He definitely had some really horrid AoE.

I was sold on saying it was the tap but this whole mez thing has really messed me up. He's absolutely a mob that got messed with tons on their testing end and it locks shit out to admin level in the DB which I can't get (yet?).

YendorLootmonkey
10-22-2012, 01:39 PM
They may have beefed him up with some extra abilities in Velious when they added VS Remains to reduce the epic bottleneck for druids/rangers.

Nirgon
10-22-2012, 02:54 PM
I think its the fact the spawned version works differently.

I'll double trace my steps and phone this one up to the booth for sure.

What a great mob tho if this is all correct.

Let me be clear, I don't think this is going to made it so any guild can't kill this mob anymore nor is it my intention to grief anyone.

My hope is after Velious has been stamped done and they're possibly ready to relaunch a near perfect progression server, this will be a part of it.

Ele
10-22-2012, 06:07 PM
http://thedruidsgrove.org/archive/eq/t-5378.html
From 2003, discussing differences between VS and VSR, one poster said he had a frontal cone AE which is why people need to be behind him. This person responded saying it was from ripos:
The reason you saw him lifetap multiple people, is because with several people beating on him from the front, he riposted - and then proc'd on the riposte.

His lifetap is *not* an AE. Of any size.

-Kryq

This raises another issue: does VS here have a chance to proc on a successful ripos?

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87&highlight=%22venril+sathir%22
2000 post describing the encounter after trying to group in the pit:
He hits full for 330, has a lifedrain thats procable when he attacks.. it does somewhere in 1500-2k people were sayin. Nothing about an AE

koros
10-22-2012, 07:56 PM
On live, during Kunark, we killed VS a number of times, and I don't recall him doing anything besides having the 1500 lifetap proc, which was extremely frequent.

I parsed the shit out of the spdat prior to and during Kunark, and while those sathir's mez/gaze/etc effects were in there, i think they were ultimately remains of testing and attempting to tune him. VS was a *very* easy fight once people learned that rune would block his tap from proccing.

koros
10-22-2012, 07:57 PM
Also yes, he would riposte proc the lifetap, that's probably where the confusion is coming from.

radditsu
10-22-2012, 08:07 PM
At one point he had a 1500 ae tap with a limited range. I honestly was suprised on the tactics the first time i had seen him here. My experiences on live were he was more difficult than trak due to the health recovery. But this is when people who played is game were retarded.

Autotune
10-22-2012, 09:52 PM
From 2003, discussing differences between VS and VSR, one poster said he had a frontal cone AE which is why people need to be behind him. This person responded saying it was from ripos:

This raises another issue: does VS here have a chance to proc on a successful ripos?

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87&highlight=%22venril+sathir%22
Nothing about an AE

Someone brought the win book.

Nirgon
10-23-2012, 12:45 PM
All I can say is people definitely got out of his los and hid until it was time to engage.

I'll get to the bottom of this!

And I specifically remember thinking "oh he had that to off set his lower hp so people couldn't so easily just zerg him down".

LOL at the guy in that post, looks like a clueless noob to me.

I'll also wager you this, he can't kill 3 people in 5 seconds here.

I maintain his proc rate should be higher on non-runed targets (parse him please, probably takes a GM) and he should have an aoe.

I'm not just trying to be a jerk here either, spamming rune on the tank should completely negate his ability to use the life tap.

koros
10-23-2012, 03:41 PM
I vivdly remember our first attempt at VS ~ early june 2000. We had about 40 people low to mid 50's. He definitely killed 3 people in 5 seconds, and the entire raid in under a minute. I survived til about near the end, meleeing the entire time.

A quick double for 330, and 2 procs of "you feel a tugging at your soul" is 3660 damage. That's enough to eat through pretty much anyone in a single round. A lot of melee classes could die from a riposte alone. He did proc at what seemed like a 75-100% proc rate as far as i recall.

BigSlip
10-23-2012, 04:10 PM
when tapping a runed target , the mob tapping shouldnt be gaining life throughout the rune.

but they will here, boom another bug

Lazortag
10-23-2012, 04:18 PM
when tapping a runed target , the mob tapping shouldnt be gaining life throughout the rune.

but they will here, boom another bug

I'm pretty sure that the mob gains life equal to the damage dealt, so if you have a 20 point rune and you get lifetapped for 21, the mob will gain 1 life. Since VS's lifetap is a proc though, it won't go through at all if the target is runed, so this is sort of irrelevant.

Treats
10-23-2012, 04:26 PM
There are a bunch of posts on alt.games.everquest (Google Groups) saying that he procced on every hit -- It's been so long I don't even remember.

This would explain the melee dying so fast, if you got hit without a Rune you were pretty much dead (One Riposte would take 1800 dmg and heal VS for 1500).

If the Tank died you were guaranteed a wipe...does that happen here?

Ferok
10-23-2012, 05:29 PM
There are a bunch of posts on alt.games.everquest (Google Groups) saying that he procced on every hit -- It's been so long I don't even remember.

This would explain the melee dying so fast, if you got hit without a Rune you were pretty much dead (One Riposte would take 1800 dmg and heal VS for 1500).

If the Tank died you were guaranteed a wipe...does that happen here?

It was damn near every hit. Once he was crippled it would be a slightly smaller percentage hits, like maybe 80%.

Nirgon
10-23-2012, 06:02 PM
Okay well regarding the on hit effect.

The chance isnt just as high as say proccing a yak.

It should be pretty much every hit including ripostes.

However, he shouldn't even attempt to do it unless he lands a hit THROUGH a rune. Meaning if you see "Venril Sathir hits you but your magical skin absorbs the blow" -- he should have NO CHANCE to land this.

However, if he does hit you.. it should be as people say.. every hit.

You couldn't land a cripple on him.

Also -- only about half of all casted lure spells should be able to hit him to give you an idea of his resistance levels.

Now that the on hit is spelled out and I would surmise put to bed...

Everyone did hide until it was time to rush in on him. What were we hiding from? I really, really, really think it was a life tap but maybe it was a mez. I seem to remember that on a VS kill but couldn't tell you if it was a spawned or normal version of him. He definitely had some kind of AoE we all hid from minus the tank.

I also wager if we had some attempts at this fixed VS without item recharge bugged midnight mallets you'd have quite a challenging encounter to take down which equals a rewarding feeling and great fun upon accomplishment.

This VS is far from the live VS after talking to some people and watching these kill vids. No offense meant, hopefully none taken, and we can get this guy ramped up to his old self.

Ele
10-23-2012, 06:05 PM
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.games.everquest/NEo_CZLxnkQ/PrHAGFO-cksJ

No, it is the same. 1500 pts. VS just taps a lot more FREQUENTLY than
than VSR

Nothing in that whole discussion about AE lifetaps, just single targets.

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.games.everquest/wDWAcho8cGk/n8NJj9i_TVEJ

we fought him down. venril sathir just isnt that hard aside from the 1500 pt
lifetap. Have wanted to try gore with the enchanter and 5 wizards though.

Nirgon
10-23-2012, 06:09 PM
This'd have a nail put through it if this mob wasn't so heavily modified and locked. Can't tell you why it says he has this imprecation tap..

A certain fact is that a tank without rune should get obliterated by him. Not here tho. That's fix #1 to make him "more live like" up his proc chance to 95% on hit.

Ferok
10-23-2012, 06:20 PM
http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?3470-Venril-Sathir-Guide-By-Claud-Shadowflare-of-Xegony

Ferok
10-23-2012, 06:24 PM
From this thread in 2005 (http://www.graffe.com/forums/showthread.php?29629-Kunark-revamp-coming)

If you look at those effects named after Venril Sathir and think he's getting significantly buffed, here's a fun bit of trivia: He's always had those abilities.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=831
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=833
http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spell.html?id=834

However, because Venril Sathir is of warrior class he never had the mana to cast them!

Does your database show him as a warrior? Maybe he has a bunch of spells in his book and he just can't cast them.

Nirgon
glad you can do it with 4 people. last time we did it it was with

60 chanter
60 warrior
60 rogue
60 monk
60 magician
60 cleric

Not in Kunark heh..

You know I'm having some trouble explaining right now why we all hid behind the wall.

Gimme a day on this. Maybe can see if that's the case that he doesn't have mana and if he should be a warrior, necro, or what. Didn't check for mana etc.

Ele
http://www.foh[remove this tag]guild.org/forums/mmorpg-general-discussion/39180-brad-mcquaid-site-updated-44.html#post1476634

Venril Sathir Guide - By Claud Shadowflare of Xegony

Way back in the day I was the "VS Guy", who was responsible for many a Xegony wizard gaining his Gnarled Staff. While those days are behind me, I still know a hell of a lot about this fight, and can offer you the following advice.

About Venril Sathir
Venril Sathir has approximately 18khp. However, he procs a 1500 point lifetap fairly often, and is irresistable, as lifetaps go. He is level 55, although that's pretty meaningless. He doubles for around 300, and is a warrior.

Killing Venril Sathir

Set-up
Set up in the "prep room" (EQ Atlas Location #13). You'll need 3-4 groups (judging by where you say you are in the game). Aim melee heavy; rogues, monks, and rangers are great for this fight. You'll want a 60+ warrior (or as close to one as you can get), although he can be tanked by a 60+ ranger or a 60+ monk (in a pinch). You'll want at least 2 enchanters with Rune V, a few healers (druids, clerics, shamans, won't matter too too much). Sit any mages you have in the corner and have them cry to themselves after summoning mod rods and focus items. Other than that, they're useless for their fight; I'll explain why pets = bad later. A necro or two is nice for twitching your enchanters.

As far as buffing goes- ONLY, I repeat, ONLY HP buff your MA and your puller. No one else will need it. Here's the reason- if someone pulls agro off VS (which is VERY, VERY bad), they are probably dead. HP buffs for them = more lifetaps for VS. If they pull agro, tell them to stand and take the death with a smile, they earned it. Tell them that not getting HP buffs is incentive to get agro. Give out hastes to all your melees, and don't bother with clarities/KEI's; it's a 60 second fight, so they won't be necessary, and it's just more time you're wasting before the fight. Hit your MA and puller with Rune V, and your MA also with Spellshield.

Now here's to dispell the whole rune/spellshield myth that has been perpetuated since the NPC lifetaps got fixed. You CAN stop VS's lifetap with rune, but not with spellshield. The reason why rune works is because when an NPC has a NATURAL proc (not one on a weapon, like Nortlav the Scalekeeper in the Hole), if his attack lands on a rune, it's counted as a miss. If you doubt me, test it out on Tro Jegs in Scarlet Desert, Golems in Plane of Valor, those bastardly giants in Plane of Storms... etc, etc, etc. Spellshield will help reduce the damage the lifetap does, but VS will still be healed for the full 1500 hp.

Place an evaccer in as many groups as you have evaccers. I will explain later.

Pulling
I'm not sure how this goes since the recent harmony changes, but I believe it's still pullable by a ranger, druid, or monk with ease. Pull VS's 4 guards first. Kill them. There is nothing too tricky about this part.

The Fight
You'll be using a MA strategy. There will be no SA- if your MA dies, VS is going to lifetap himself to full by the time you can recover, and it's just not worth the effort. AGRO IS CRITICAL IN THIS FIGHT. In case you didn't get that the first time, If you screw up agro, you w[/i][/u] VS will enter from one side of the room (it's pretty obvious which one); have your MA positioned in the middle of the room, and everyone else pressed against the back wall, STANDING. The MA will intercept VS from the puller, trigger auto-riposte/block/parry once VS attacks him, and wait 10 seconds, so he can build up agro.

Your highest level enchanter will start chain casting rune towards the end of the 10 seconds. Unless your enchanters are the same level, a rune rotation will not work. The lower level enchanters' rune will bounce off. Don't worry, so long as your MA doesn't totally suck, they won't get agro. Have your necromancer twitch the first enchanter; when he runs out of mana (the enchanter, not the necro), have him call a switch to the next enchanter. The necro will then, if he knows what's good for him, switch twitch targets to the 2nd enchanter, who will start runing the MA.

Healers will all be targetting the MA and hitting him with small, short heals, like Divine Light. No complete heals, if you need to be doing that, you're dead. Tell them that under no circumstances are they to heal anyone but the MA or the puller.

After 10 seconds or so, or when the warrior is convinced he has solid agro, he will call in the rest of the melee. They will all set up shop behind VS. You cannot be riposted when you are behind an NPC. If you get riposted, you can be procced on. If you are procced on, you have just healed VS for 1500hp and hurt your raids chances of success. Part of your job as raid leader will be to stand away from the fight and yell and curse at anyone who steps even close to the front of VS. This is why pets are bad- they WILL get in front of VS, despite whatever their owners plead to you with; they WILL get riposted, and hence they will be nothing but clerics to VS. No pets. (Note: I prefer limiting the raid to 24 people, just because when you get too many melees, they invariably edge closer to VS's front, because melees are stupid and don't understand that not hitting VS at all is better than hitting him, getting riposted, and healing VS for 1500hp. That call is up to you, but I strongly recommend limiting your raid size.)

I usually told a little white lie here and told the raid that VS had an AE breath lifetap that hit players in front of him; thus, if they were in front of him, they could heal VS just by being there. It worked amazingly well.

Now, since all of your melee are BEHIND Venril Sathir and NOT GETTING AGRO (stresses importance), they will be slightly pushing Venril Sathir. It is the MA's job to work VS around in an oval around the room as VS gets pushed.

The only magic that will land on VS is lure based magic. Hence, he's unslowable, unstunnable, unsnareable, unrootable, you get the idea. Use a magic based lure, it seemed to work best for me. Don't get agro. Even at the end, if you get too excited and try to burn him down, you can still screw up the entire fight by pulling agro off of VS. If he ping pongs, the raid is dead. I've seen many a VS at a sliver of life pop back to full health because someone blew their load early. Don't be that person. Just for that reason, I like to set up right near VS- if for some reason I do pull agro, which I shouldn't be lest I want to look like a total dumbass, I won't pingpong VS and he'll only get 1500 out of me before I die.

Fucking Up
So you followed everything above to the letter, and you still died. It will happen. Small screwups turn the tide of a VS fight, but here's some advice on how you can mitigate how bad a failure is.

If your MA bites it during the fight, EVAC. Don't ask questions, don't try to set up a SA, just do it. Before you can get rune going on an SA and have him get solid agro, VS will have healed himself to full life. So since you're starting over again anyways, it's best to only have to rez a couple people rather than an entire raid. Evac to the front of the zone and run back. Rez your dead, buff them, let them med up (if need be), and engage again. If you're good, you can engage VS again before his guards respawn. You don't NEED to have your MA's auto-riposte/block/parry disc up- that's merely helpful in the agro gaining process, but by no means is it necessary. If it hasn't popped yet but everything else is ready to go, go to it. Just start small heals a little bit earlier.

Review
The important points to drive home to your raid:

-Agro is critical. If you fuck it up, your raid will fail. If you can control it, you will eventually succeed.
-Positioning. If you're in front of VS, you're his cleric. If you're behind him, he can't riposte you.
-Agro is critical.
-Healing and Runes. Short, small heals only; no complete healing. Use Rune V, and no rune rotation unless both your enchanters are the same level.
-Did I mention that agro is critical?

Nirgon
10-23-2012, 06:29 PM
Guess we can have a dev here start with confirming he will proc his brains out on like every swing (riposte included) or greatly up the rate from there if it isn't the case. Also making sure he doesn't proc if he doesnt hit through a damage absorb.

koros
10-24-2012, 02:25 AM
That guide is 100% accurate.

pasi
10-24-2012, 04:29 AM
The combat system doesn't allow for procs on ripostes.

This is easily testable by using furious on a warrior or just attacking a mob that has an innate proc and enrages.

Treats
10-24-2012, 11:41 AM
The combat system doesn't allow for procs on ripostes.

This is easily testable by using furious on a warrior or just attacking a mob that has an innate proc and enrages.

After more searching on this I think you should be able to proc on a Riposte but it would be super rare.

Taking into account the PPM percentage compared to how many times you could Riposte in that minute it would be a really really low chance.

Weapon procs are calculated per combat round while Innate procs are calculated per hit I believe.

Some other examples of Innate -- Flurry/Rampage etc

pasi
10-24-2012, 11:53 AM
After more searching on this I think you should be able to proc on a Riposte but it would be super rare.

Taking into account the PPM percentage compared to how many times you could Riposte in that minute it would be a really really low chance.

Weapon procs are calculated per combat round while Innate procs are calculated per hit I believe.

Some other examples of Innate -- Flurry/Rampage etc

I can link you to a great number of defensive parses, but I think this one should be sufficient.

9 hours of parsing, almost 30k ripos, running 3 procs equating to 0 procs on ripos.

Ok, testing the ripost thoery. Have set up myself with Panther, BP and have a lifetap proc aug. Ripost disc up and running.

I have 3 potential procs, so unless everyone else has either had a bug occur or mis-read something then I think a 9 hour parse should show some procs.

Results are in: (corrected the results due to erroneous parsing)

Duration: 09:10:56
Total riposted attacks: 29182
Total procs: 0
Total swings: 58365 (100% chance of double attack on ripost)
Total Frenzy swings: 14369 (49.23 ~ 50% chance of frenzied swing)

Defensive damage done-
Riposted attacks: 27997
Parried attacks: 2376
Misses: 2
Hits: 5

No procs happened during the parse.

I WAS RIGHT (My parse was wrong >.<)

http://www.goberserker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3890

Samrothstein
10-24-2012, 12:41 PM
So you're going to make him proc almost every time on normal swings if I read all this right?

Ferok
10-24-2012, 12:54 PM
Players cannot proc on riposte. That may or may not apply to Venril Sathir. The guides for VS I've read certainly indicate that he was able to proc on riposte.

Xadion
10-24-2012, 03:54 PM
I could have sworn he did a conical targeted AOE tap-- in addition to his big old nasty proc.

Also Llharc should be a big bad badass because of his proc as well... seems that innate proccing NPCs are less than they should...although one time I was killing tranix and he was proccing vamp embrace EVERY hit... dunno if he does that still?

Treats
10-24-2012, 04:06 PM
More digging on the Riposte thing, seems NPCs and PCs should work the same way. The difference is only between Weapon and Innate procs.

Venril Sathir should definately be able to proc Deadly Lifetap on a Riposte:

Weapon-based procs: CAN fire on a MISS but CANNOT fire on a RIPOSTE.
Innate/Buff-based procs: CANNOT fire on a MISS but CAN fire on a RIPOSTE.
(Proc cannot fire if the Mob Ripostes and Misses)

Proc cannot fire if the Mob Ripostes and Misses? This is kind of difficult, does a Ranger or someone else know any old logs of Flurrying or Rampaging through Weaponshield? (I think I remember this happening but I'm not positive)

This is in line with what I posted earlier:

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11382&page=3

---------------------------------------------

Found this thread on the Cleric forums too regarding the AE Mez -- Some quest for him? This person could of just been being douchey...

Quest involves making him cast a 30 second aoe stun and 30 second aoe mez...

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1107

------------------------------------------------------------------

Another guide here:

Strategy 1
Times Implemented: 5
Times Successful: 4
Times Failed: 1
Note: Failed attempt had someone pull aggro off MT which broke down Rune Order/Target, Healed VS from 50% to full life.

Buffs

No resist buffs are needed, Lifetap cannot be resisted. Normal raid buffs are a good idea, but HP buffs aren't needed on those who won't be tanking VS. (It will just feed VS More life if someone screws up and gets aggro).

Potential-tanks or people who have a high potential to get Aggro should have Rune-Line and Bedlam-Line spell prior to pulling.

Melee should always turn on attack only while facing his back. One riposte could mean 1600+ Damage to someone at 1500 life to VS. To put in perspective how important that is, that just negated half a minute of you attacking - and that's assuming you can do 50DPS against VS. (Its probably less)

VS has special aggro rules where Rune V does not pull very much aggro at all; Good thing too, as it would make him exponentially more difficult if this was not the case.

http://nyxxsopenraids.yuku.com/topic/1027#.UIhEManB-uI

Interesting also they note that VS has special aggro rules regarding the Runes.

Nirgon
10-24-2012, 05:32 PM
There is also such a thing as lower level aggro that I'm not sure is the case on this server but we'll leave that alone for .. well I think a long time hehe.

After going through everything, I'm going to agree that he should just have a much much higher chance to proc his lifetap on hits and the same with a riposte.

Other than that as long as he resists at least half of the lure spells casted on him, he's in good shape.

What an elaborate ruse the aoe tap was.. I for the life of me cannot explain why he is showing this as a listed ability. We definitely hid behind a wall until it was deemed okay to go in, go figure.

There is definitely a different spawned version of him that gives him the other line of spells.

The bottom line is if he gets through a rune on a double attack, the results should be extremely dramatic.

Treats
12-19-2012, 12:55 AM
Bumping this for Kanras!

Aeolwind
12-23-2012, 04:29 PM
Few things in here I want to touch on.

Flurry/Rampage didn't bypass weapon shield. We used rangers to position both AOW and Derakor.

VS proc rate should be very high. He was immune to magic & disease iirc, which locked out all slows. Later on when the 'slowable' flag was added, I believe he became non-magic immune & you could cripple/dot him, but not until then.

I remember VS having a pretty high riposte rate, to the point where most classes dropped if they were in range of riposte.

Samrothstein
12-25-2012, 09:38 PM
No AoE tap but much higher proc and riposte rate. Special threat rules on rune and lower lvls. Do it.

Lures only but not 100% on those to land. No magic at all.

Ele
12-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Can we get confirmation that VS procs on his successful ripos?

Treats
02-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Bumping this again, Venril Sathir needs some help here ;/

Nirgon
02-26-2013, 12:55 PM
Rename thread to VS riposte/proc rate if a mod would please.

I'll see if I can find parses from fighting him re: his riposte rate.

I found classic combat logs for Trak + Talendor... might be able to find VS..

Autotune
02-26-2013, 01:01 PM
Everything I remember reading up about on VS (I never raided on live so had to search around while playing on p99) made it pretty clear that you don't fight him from the front because riposte = life tapped and it was made out to be 100% (tho not probably 100%, obviously high enough that you didn't risk it 70-90% at least).

Nirgon
02-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Yeah, if you put a pair of dual wield/double attack rounds in, you'd likely be tapped twice and greased.

Then again, I recall sending people up front of him and using riposte discipline for pretty amazing damage against him if they were deemed skilled (attentive) enough to disengage back to the rear provided they also had rune on them.

Ele
09-05-2013, 06:02 PM
Bump for VS greatness. Needs to proc on ripos

pasi
09-06-2013, 07:14 PM
So, I been camping VS all week on live. Finally got him to spawn. I have HUGE Nortlav (VS Clone essentially) and Venril logs if you want em to determine frequency of the lifetap.

Anyhow, I basically tanked Venril on my shadowknight while using my 52 warrior to melee Venril Sathir while the SK tanked.

[Fri Sep 06 17:57:28 2013] Venril Sathir says 'You will not evade me Scal!'
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:28 2013] Auto attack is on.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:29 2013] You are thirsty.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:29 2013] You are out of drink.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:29 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:30 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:31 2013] Logging to 'eqlog.txt' is now *ON*.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:31 2013] Venril Sathir crushes YOU for 124 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:31 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir ripostes!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:31 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 12 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:31 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir dodges!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:32 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 34 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:32 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir dodges!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:33 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 26 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:34 2013] Venril Sathir tries to crush YOU, but misses!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:34 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir ripostes!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:34 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir parries!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:34 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:35 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:35 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:35 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 10 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:35 2013] Venril Sathir crushes YOU for 146 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:35 2013] You feel a tugging at your soul. You have taken 1500 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:35 2013] Venril Sathir staggers.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:35 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir ripostes!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:35 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 37 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:37 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 50 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:37 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 50 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:37 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir parries!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:37 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 10 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:38 2013] Auto attack is off.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:40 2013] Auto attack is on.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:40 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:40 2013] Venril Sathir tries to crush YOU, but misses!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:40 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir ripostes!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:41 2013] Venril Sathir tries to crush YOU, but misses!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:41 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir ripostes!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:41 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir parries!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:41 2013] Venril Sathir tries to crush YOU, but misses!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:41 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir ripostes!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:42 2013] Smell hit Venril Sathir for 19 points of non-melee damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:42 2013] Venril Sathir staggers.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:42 2013] You have healed Smell for 19 points.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:43 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 15 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:43 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 49 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:44 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 7 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:44 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 43 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:46 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir dodges!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:46 2013] Venril Sathir tries to crush YOU, but misses!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:46 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir ripostes!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:46 2013] Scal begins to cast a spell.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:46 2013] Scal hit spectral caller for 450 points of non-melee damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:46 2013] Spectral caller staggers.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:46 2013] Scal staggers.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:46 2013] Scal scores a critical hit! (796)
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:46 2013] spectral caller begins to cast a spell.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:47 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir parries!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:47 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 59 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:48 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:48 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 48 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:48 2013] Scal hit spectral caller for 179 points of non-melee damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:48 2013] spectral caller's casting is interrupted!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:48 2013] Spectral caller staggers painfully.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:48 2013] spectral caller has been slain by Scal!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:50 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 34 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:51 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 26 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:51 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 17 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:51 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 66 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:51 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 38 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:52 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 68 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:52 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:53 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir dodges!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:54 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir dodges!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:55 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 15 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:56 2013] Scal hit spectral protector for 358 points of non-melee damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:56 2013] Scal delivers a critical blast! (358)
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:56 2013] Spectral protector staggers painfully.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:56 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 5 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:56 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:58 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 25 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:58 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:58 2013] Scal is surrounded by a shimmer of runes.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:59 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 37 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:57:59 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:00 2013] Taking a screenshot...
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:00 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir dodges!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:00 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 37 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:01 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 58 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:01 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:02 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:03 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:03 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 77 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:04 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:04 2013] Venril Sathir crushes YOU for 101 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:04 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir ripostes!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:04 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:04 2013] Smell scores a critical hit! (37)
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:04 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 37 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:05 2013] Scal scores a critical hit! (794)
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:06 2013] Smell scores a critical hit! (65)
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:06 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 65 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:06 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 77 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:07 2013] Scal begins to cast a spell.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:07 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 13 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:07 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 10 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:07 2013] Scal hit spectral protector for 1500 points of non-melee damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:07 2013] Spectral protector's body is rent by a rotten splintering spear.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:08 2013] Smell scores a critical hit! (40)
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:08 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 40 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:08 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 41 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:08 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 17 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:09 2013] Scal scores a critical hit! (394)
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:09 2013] spectral protector has been slain by Scal!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:10 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 13 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:10 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:10 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:11 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:11 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir parries!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:11 2013] Smell hit Venril Sathir for 57 points of non-melee damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:11 2013] Venril Sathir staggers.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:11 2013] You have healed Smell for 57 points.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:11 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:11 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir dodges!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:12 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:14 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 44 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:14 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 10 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:15 2013] You are thirsty.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:15 2013] You are out of drink.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:15 2013] Venril Sathir tries to crush YOU, but misses!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:15 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir ripostes!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:15 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 20 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:15 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 43 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:15 2013] Scal invites you to join a group.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:15 2013] To join the group, click on the 'FOLLOW' option, or 'DECLINE' to cancel.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:16 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:16 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 41 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:17 2013] You notify Scal that you agree to join the group.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:17 2013] You have joined the group.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:18 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:19 2013] Smell hit Venril Sathir for 80 points of non-melee damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:19 2013] Venril Sathir staggers.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:19 2013] You have healed Smell for 80 points.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:19 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir parries!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:19 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 10 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:20 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 34 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:20 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:21 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:21 2013] Venril Sathir tries to crush YOU, but YOU riposte!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:21 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir ripostes!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:21 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir parries!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:22 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 20 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:22 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir dodges!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:22 2013] Scal begins to cast a spell.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:22 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 39 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:22 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:23 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir parries!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:23 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 47 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:23 2013] Venril Sathir tries to crush YOU, but misses!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:23 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir ripostes!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:23 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:23 2013] Venril Sathir's voice echoes with spiteful hatred.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:24 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 38 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:24 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 51 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:24 2013] Venril Sathir crushes YOU for 124 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:24 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir ripostes!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:26 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 37 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:26 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 37 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:27 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 58 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:27 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:27 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 40 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:28 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:28 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:29 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:30 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 18 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:30 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:30 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:30 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 5 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:31 2013] Smell hit Venril Sathir for 80 points of non-melee damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:31 2013] Venril Sathir staggers.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:31 2013] You have healed Smell for 80 points.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:31 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:32 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 70 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:33 2013] Venril Sathir tries to crush YOU, but misses!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:33 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir ripostes!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:33 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 55 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:34 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 30 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:35 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 10 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:35 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:37 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:37 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 51 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:37 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 10 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:37 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 13 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:38 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir parries!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:38 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:39 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:39 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:39 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 37 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:39 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 61 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:40 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 34 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:40 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 24 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:41 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 55 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:41 2013] Venril Sathir crushes YOU for 169 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:41 2013] You feel a tugging at your soul. You have taken 1500 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:41 2013] Venril Sathir staggers.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:41 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir ripostes!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:42 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 61 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:42 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 36 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:42 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 24 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:42 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 32 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:43 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:43 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 10 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:43 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 37 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:44 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:44 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:45 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 56 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:45 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:46 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 12 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:46 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir parries!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:47 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 45 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:49 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 34 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:49 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 44 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:49 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:50 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 30 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:50 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 12 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:50 2013] Smell scores a critical hit! (56)
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:50 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 56 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:52 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir dodges!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:52 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:52 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:52 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir dodges!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:53 2013] Requesting favorite recipes...
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:53 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 24 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:53 2013] Requesting favorite recipes...
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:54 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:55 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 31 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:55 2013] Venril Sathir crushes YOU for 272 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:55 2013] You feel a tugging at your soul. You have taken 1500 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:55 2013] Venril Sathir staggers.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:55 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but Venril Sathir ripostes!
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:57 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 49 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:58 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 17 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:58:58 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 26 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:59:00 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 53 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:59:00 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 76 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:59:01 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 12 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:59:01 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:59:01 2013] You are thirsty.
[Fri Sep 06 17:59:01 2013] You are out of drink.
[Fri Sep 06 17:59:01 2013] You try to slash Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:59:01 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 37 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:59:02 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 50 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:59:02 2013] You slash Venril Sathir for 28 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:59:02 2013] Your target resisted the Soul Leech spell.
[Fri Sep 06 17:59:03 2013] Your target is too far away, get closer!
[Fri Sep 06 17:59:04 2013] Your target is too far away, get closer!
[Fri Sep 06 17:59:05 2013] Auto attack is off.
[Fri Sep 06 17:59:19 2013] Taking a screenshot...

Verdict: He definitely can proc on Ripostes. Also, another thing I've noticed from my Nortlav and VS logs is that Deadly Lifetap can PROC off BASH.

Nirgon
09-06-2013, 07:50 PM
Nice

pasi
09-07-2013, 01:54 PM
Deadly Lifetap can proc on bash and kick as well. Not sure if this is the case here?

[Fri Sep 06 13:54:06 2013] Echo of Nortlav kicks YOU for 31 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 13:54:06 2013] You resist the Deadly Lifetap spell!
[Fri Sep 06 13:54:07 2013] You punch Echo of Nortlav for 70 points of damage.

Fri Sep 06 13:54:30 2013] You punch Echo of Nortlav for 169 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 13:54:30 2013] Echo of Nortlav kicks YOU for 27 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 13:54:30 2013] You resist the Deadly Lifetap spell!
[Fri Sep 06 13:54:32 2013] Echo of Nortlav tries to slash YOU, but misses!
[Fri Sep 06 13:54:32 2013] Echo of Nortlav tries to slash YOU, but misses!

[Fri Sep 06 17:56:52 2013] You try to punch Venril Sathir, but miss!
[Fri Sep 06 17:56:52 2013] Venril Sathir tries to crush YOU, but YOU riposte!
[Fri Sep 06 17:56:52 2013] Venril Sathir bashes YOU for 64 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:56:52 2013] You resist the Deadly Lifetap spell!

[Fri Sep 06 17:51:23 2013] Venril Sathir kicks YOU for 64 points of damage.
[Fri Sep 06 17:51:23 2013] You resist the Deadly Lifetap spell!

Tasslehofp99
09-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Bump for VS greatness. Needs to proc on ripos

He lifetaps on any melee attack, including ripostes.

We did 110k damage to VS when he last spawned due to opposing raiders standing in front of VS and attacking to cause ripostes/lifetaps.

Frieza_Prexus
09-08-2013, 02:39 AM
He lifetaps on any melee attack, including ripostes.

We did 110k damage to VS when he last spawned due to opposing raiders standing in front of VS and attacking to cause ripostes/lifetaps.

Not on P99, unless this was changed in the last patch. That's why this bug report was made.

Post the parse of the kill. If the situation is as you say it is, the parse will provide the evidence necessary to close this report proving that ripostes can proc the life tap. Also, it will out those who interfered with your raid by healing VS. Closing a bug report and outing raid interference. What's not to love?

Let's see this log.

planarity
09-08-2013, 03:28 PM
The most recent VS didn't lifetap any TMO during our engage. all our melee were behind him, so I can't say whether he procs on riposte.

Frieza_Prexus
09-08-2013, 08:11 PM
I was wondering recently, this bug report is indicative of a larger problem: It's not just VS' tap that should proc on ripostes / bashes, it's all innate NPC procs, right? To further substantiate this, we need to pull more encounter logs from the proper time period.

For example, Lhranc procs a harm touch, doesn't he? We should examine his era-appropriate logs to see if he procs it on bashes/ripostes. I remember him wiping a 40 man raid one time, he was a total beast (granted we were scrubs with an average level of 55).

Aeolwind
09-09-2013, 01:11 PM
So, still unsure if he proc's on ripo's on P99, correct? May have a few spare minutes Thursday to take a look on test.

Ele
09-09-2013, 01:49 PM
So, still unsure if he proc's on ripo's on P99, correct? May have a few spare minutes Thursday to take a look on test.

VS on P99 does not proc on ripo or bash. He only procs, sometimes, on hit/crush (when wielding stave).

Just on the computer I'm at now with 279 matches for VS ripos not a single one had a proc associated with it.

Nirgon
09-09-2013, 02:25 PM
Big Aoelwind gonna deliver

nilbog
09-09-2013, 02:56 PM
I was wondering recently, this bug report is indicative of a larger problem: It's not just VS' tap that should proc on ripostes / bashes, it's all innate NPC procs, right? To further substantiate this, we need to pull more encounter logs from the proper time period.

For example, Lhranc procs a harm touch, doesn't he? We should examine his era-appropriate logs to see if he procs it on bashes/ripostes. I remember him wiping a 40 man raid one time, he was a total beast (granted we were scrubs with an average level of 55).

Would like to see logs from the past as well as the present. The change should likely encompass all npc procs, not just that of VS.

Good research pasi.

Nirgon
09-09-2013, 04:04 PM
VS also has been noted as having special threat rules regarding rune casts... I know that this rule existed but I'd hafta research the specifics.

koros
09-09-2013, 04:24 PM
If they existed I don't think they were common knowledge. Where's that info from?

Nirgon
09-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Best I got on it right now, but I do recall this:

http://nyxxsopenraids.yuku.com/topic/1027

VS has special aggro rules where Rune V does not pull very much aggro at all; Good thing too, as it would make him exponentially more difficult if this was not the case.

Remember... the item recharge bug (hi2u mallets) was not widely known back in the day, nor were people tackling him on the regular with epics/VP weps.

Treats
09-10-2013, 03:49 AM
Would like to see logs from the past as well as the present. The change should likely encompass all npc procs, not just that of VS.

Good research pasi.

I'm unsure of how the code works now but certain NPC's will need higher percentages for proc rates (So VS/Lhranc would proc on almost every successful attack).

Would this be determined by raising the NPC's dexterity?

Or is procs per minute capped at 2.0 for NPC's greater than 255 dex?

koros
09-10-2013, 09:26 AM
Someone should hand VS a proccing weapon on eqmac and see if he procs it at the same rate as deadly lifetap. I have a feeling innate procs go off at a much higher rate.

koros
09-10-2013, 09:27 AM
Or maybe it's just the case that many mobs with innate procs happen to have extremely high dex.

Nirgon
09-10-2013, 01:55 PM
I do recall ghouls perma rooting people (leveling up in oasis while beating them down, perma root whole fight). Doesn't seem frequent enough here? This'd solve that too!

nilbog
09-10-2013, 02:09 PM
I'm unsure of how the code works now but certain NPC's will need higher percentages for proc rates (So VS/Lhranc would proc on almost every successful attack).

Would this be determined by raising the NPC's dexterity?

Or is procs per minute capped at 2.0 for NPC's greater than 255 dex?

I can scale an npc's proc chance % from 0-100.

It [deadly lifetap] is currently at 36% on each swing for VS.

Nirgon
09-10-2013, 02:13 PM
And riposte rate is tweakable I imagine?

This all started from noticing Overseer of Air appeared to be a MUCH harder opponent than Venril (even without rune) in my discussions with players/personal observation.

Treats
09-10-2013, 03:37 PM
I can scale an npc's proc chance % from 0-100.

It [deadly lifetap] is currently at 36% on each swing for VS.

Fantastic.

I don't think the riposte rate needs to be changed -- Innate Procs just need to be able to fire on them.

You CAN attack VS from the front but one successful hit on a riposte is 1500hp for Venril. He will be tapping the tank as well if there is no Rune active.

As long as Venril's Sathir's Innate proc chance is like 90-95% on successful hits, he should be a beast and fuck up raids if no Rune is active on the Tank, raid attacking from the front, or ping ponging.

Nirgon
09-10-2013, 04:12 PM
Fantastic.

I don't think the riposte rate needs to be changed -- Innate Procs just need to be able to fire on them.

Yeah I'm sold on that, just generally curious :).

Venril being just a slightly stronger version of Miragul days are OVER :)

No rune up/positioned melee = get greased!

pasi
09-10-2013, 05:09 PM
From my log of SK tanking Venril on live:

320 successful Crushes, 24 Bashes, 6 Kicks
166 Deadly Lifetap Procs.

166/350 * 100% = 47.429%

I can post the log if needed.

Nirgon
09-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Sounds to me like its 50% chance on melee hit that manages to land (not blocked by a rune)!

One last question.. could it proc on a miss? If you riposte his attack, it obviously doesn't trigger so I'm pretty sure it won't.

Because I believe the rune will prevent the tap from occuring, but in the event of a miss does it say "hey he has a rune still" and not trigger?

Logic sounds like "if I actually remove hp from a player with a scored hit of any kind".

pasi
09-10-2013, 05:38 PM
No procs on misses.

Ele
09-10-2013, 05:58 PM
From my log of SK tanking Venril on live:

320 successful Crushes, 24 Bashes, 6 Kicks
166 Deadly Lifetap Procs.

166/350 * 100% = 47.429%

I can post the log if needed.

I don't think Venril Sathir kicks on P99, don't see a single instance of it in any of my logs.

nilbog
09-10-2013, 06:01 PM
He doesn't kick because he's currently considered a shadowknight class.

Should be a warrior. So, should he harm touch ? Cause that's the only reason I see why he would be labeled sk.

Nirgon
09-10-2013, 06:22 PM
What's his highest hit atm here? I'm looking at logs that show 330 so far

bashes and kicks top out at 92-102 so far too

http://forums.zebuxoruk.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22&start=720

[Sun May 18 22:05:16 2003] You have been summoned!
[Sun May 18 22:05:19 2003] Venril Sathir hits YOU for 330 points of damage.
[Sun May 18 22:05:19 2003] Venril Sathir hits YOU for 330 points of damage.
[Sun May 18 22:05:19 2003] Venril Sathir bashes YOU for 102 points of damage.
[Sun May 18 22:05:19 2003] You feel a tugging at your soul. You have taken 1500 points of damage.
[Sun May 18 22:05:19 2003] You have been knocked unconscious!
[Sun May 18 22:05:19 2003] You have been slain by Venril Sathir!

This does look about right:
http://nyxxsopenraids.yuku.com/topic/1027

Notice this line too, Nilbog, regarding Kanras's work on adding nearby players to threat list from that:

Everyone should be standing during the pull.

:)

Ele
09-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Not much...

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7996&highlight=venril+sathir+warrior

This really has nothing to do with our armor but Venril Sathir is a lev 55 WARRIOR not a necro. How do I know???? I was standing behind one of the developers at E3 when he was showing off. He did /who npc on Venril and it came up as 55 warrior.

koros
09-10-2013, 10:52 PM
Nice find ele, VS definitely didn't HT.

nilbog
09-15-2013, 11:31 AM
Pending update,

Venril Sathir is a warrior class.

Further work needs to be done for kick/bash/riposte procs.

Ele
09-16-2013, 06:37 PM
Pending update,

Venril Sathir is a warrior class.

Further work needs to be done for kick/bash/riposte procs.

Done.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=752078&postcount=25

The reason you saw him lifetap multiple people, is because with several people beating on him from the front, he riposted - and then proc'd on the riposte.

His lifetap is *not* an AE. Of any size.

-Kryq

He hits full for 330, has a lifedrain thats procable when he attacks.. it does somewhere in 1500-2k people were sayin. Nothing about an AE

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=752906&postcount=42

After 10 seconds or so, or when the warrior is convinced he has solid agro, he will call in the rest of the melee. They will all set up shop behind VS. You cannot be riposted when you are behind an NPC. If you get riposted, you can be procced on. If you are procced on, you have just healed VS for 1500hp and hurt your raids chances of success. Part of your job as raid leader will be to stand away from the fight and yell and curse at anyone who steps even close to the front of VS. This is why pets are bad- they WILL get in front of VS, despite whatever their owners plead to you with; they WILL get riposted, and hence they will be nothing but clerics to VS. No pets. (Note: I prefer limiting the raid to 24 people, just because when you get too many melees, they invariably edge closer to VS's front, because melees are stupid and don't understand that not hitting VS at all is better than hitting him, getting riposted, and healing VS for 1500hp. That call is up to you, but I strongly recommend limiting your raid size.)

I usually told a little white lie here and told the raid that VS had an AE breath lifetap that hit players in front of him; thus, if they were in front of him, they could heal VS just by being there. It worked amazingly well.

Now, since all of your melee are BEHIND Venril Sathir and NOT GETTING AGRO (stresses importance), they will be slightly pushing Venril Sathir. It is the MA's job to work VS around in an oval around the room as VS gets pushed.

The only magic that will land on VS is lure based magic. Hence, he's unslowable, unstunnable, unsnareable, unrootable, you get the idea. Use a magic based lure, it seemed to work best for me. Don't get agro. Even at the end, if you get too excited and try to burn him down, you can still screw up the entire fight by pulling agro off of VS. If he ping pongs, the raid is dead. I've seen many a VS at a sliver of life pop back to full health because someone blew their load early. Don't be that person. Just for that reason, I like to set up right near VS- if for some reason I do pull agro, which I shouldn't be lest I want to look like a total dumbass, I won't pingpong VS and he'll only get 1500 out of me before I die.

Fucking Up
So you followed everything above to the letter, and you still died. It will happen. Small screwups turn the tide of a VS fight, but here's some advice on how you can mitigate how bad a failure is.

If your MA bites it during the fight, EVAC. Don't ask questions, don't try to set up a SA, just do it. Before you can get rune going on an SA and have him get solid agro, VS will have healed himself to full life. So since you're starting over again anyways, it's best to only have to rez a couple people rather than an entire raid. Evac to the front of the zone and run back. Rez your dead, buff them, let them med up (if need be), and engage again. If you're good, you can engage VS again before his guards respawn. You don't NEED to have your MA's auto-riposte/block/parry disc up- that's merely helpful in the agro gaining process, but by no means is it necessary. If it hasn't popped yet but everything else is ready to go, go to it. Just start small heals a little bit earlier.

Review
The important points to drive home to your raid:

-Agro is critical. If you fuck it up, your raid will fail. If you can control it, you will eventually succeed.
-Positioning. If you're in front of VS, you're his cleric. If you're behind him, he can't riposte you.
-Agro is critical.
-Healing and Runes. Short, small heals only; no complete healing. Use Rune V, and no rune rotation unless both your enchanters are the same level.
-Did I mention that agro is critical?

Treats had some interesting quotes regarding innate procs:
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=753550&postcount=51

Few things in here I want to touch on.

Flurry/Rampage didn't bypass weapon shield. We used rangers to position both AOW and Derakor.

VS proc rate should be very high. He was immune to magic & disease iirc, which locked out all slows. Later on when the 'slowable' flag was added, I believe he became non-magic immune & you could cripple/dot him, but not until then.

I remember VS having a pretty high riposte rate, to the point where most classes dropped if they were in range of riposte.

Nirgon
09-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Parses look like an increase of 24% proc rate from what it is now, appears to be an even 50% which sounds intentional.

Bump for Ele.

Good memory from Aeolwind!

Treats
09-23-2013, 10:15 PM
Pasi, were you fighting the Original Venril Sathir or the spawned VS for epics?

That log doesn't look right for some reason, he is attacking WAY too slow.

http://www.network54.com/Search/view/16639/1011132876/Le+log,+brut+de+chez+brut?term=willi&page=9701

This one is kinda long, just listing successfull attacks that were logged. Can't recall for sure but I think thorns go off with Rune on? Don't let this fool you too, his attack speed is 2 seconds but his misses are not logged. Excluding bashes and kicks because I don't know the damage interval on them. Attacks in bold are not counted because Ewandor partial runed them -- I think this is correct, NPC cannot proc on attack that is partially blocked by a Rune??:

[Tue Jan 15 22:31:23 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 182 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:31:23 2002] Venril Sathir kicks Ewandor for 91 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:31:25 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 102 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:31:25 2002] Ewandor staggers.
[Tue Jan 15 22:31:25 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 234 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:31:40 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 27 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:31:42 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 126 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:31:42 2002] Ewandor staggers.
[Tue Jan 15 22:31:59 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 73 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:08 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 326 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:08 2002] Ewandor staggers.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:14 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 2 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:22 2002] Venril Sathir kicks Ewandor for 27 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:22 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 126 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:22 2002] Ewandor staggers.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:22 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 102 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:32 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 62 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:32 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 234 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:59 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 278 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:59 2002] Ewandor staggers.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:01 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 186 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:08 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 110 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:08 2002] Ewandor staggers.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:14 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 201 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:16 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 330 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:25 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 50 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:26 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 186 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:36 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 270 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:36 2002] Ewandor staggers.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:38 2002] Venril Sathir bashes Ewandor for 91 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:54 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 26 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:55 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 138 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:34:09 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 91 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:34:11 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 304 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:34:18 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 210 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:34:18 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 246 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:34:18 2002] Venril Sathir bashes Ewandor for 101 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:34:20 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 186 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:34:20 2002] Ewandor staggers.
[Tue Jan 15 22:34:22 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 102 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:34:24 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 222 points of damage.

20 successful attacks logged
Processed Deadly Lifetap on 10 out of 20 attacks that were not partially runed

I would say Venril Sathir's Deadly Lifetap proc should be somewhere between 50% and 66% on successful attacks (Kick and Bash included). This would make Venril Sathir proc about once every round (every 2 seconds without Rune). Two Ripostes from the front and you are taking a lifetap most likely.

pasi
09-24-2013, 05:15 PM
I'm aware that the spawned VS has his procrate decreased - I wouldn't have posted anything if I was fighting that version.

I'll post the full log of the fight (includes me looting Gnarled Staff) sometime soon. Not on my EQ computer atm.

pasi
09-24-2013, 08:40 PM
http://www.scribd.com/doc/170751403/VenrilSathir

Use Gambo obv.

Nirgon
10-02-2013, 03:08 PM
Bump for recollection and misdirection being forged into solid evidence for a great and memorable encounter.

nilbog
12-08-2013, 04:47 PM
Pending update,

-(all) npcs can innately proc on attacks. This isn't limited to kick and bash. Theoretically, they can proc innates on contact hits.
-increased vs deadly lifetap chance from 36%->50%.

heartbrand
12-08-2013, 05:13 PM
Pasi, were you fighting the Original Venril Sathir or the spawned VS for epics?

That log doesn't look right for some reason, he is attacking WAY too slow.

http://www.network54.com/Search/view/16639/1011132876/Le+log,+brut+de+chez+brut?term=willi&page=9701

This one is kinda long, just listing successfull attacks that were logged. Can't recall for sure but I think thorns go off with Rune on? Don't let this fool you too, his attack speed is 2 seconds but his misses are not logged. Excluding bashes and kicks because I don't know the damage interval on them. Attacks in bold are not counted because Ewandor partial runed them -- I think this is correct, NPC cannot proc on attack that is partially blocked by a Rune??:

[Tue Jan 15 22:31:23 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 182 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:31:23 2002] Venril Sathir kicks Ewandor for 91 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:31:25 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 102 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:31:25 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 234 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:31:40 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 27 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:31:42 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 126 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:31:42 2002] Ewandor staggers.
[Tue Jan 15 22:31:59 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 73 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:08 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 326 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:08 2002] Ewandor staggers.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:14 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 2 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:22 2002] Venril Sathir kicks Ewandor for 27 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:22 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 126 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:22 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 102 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:32 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 62 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:32 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 234 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:59 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 278 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:32:59 2002] Ewandor staggers.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:01 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 186 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:08 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 110 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:08 2002] Ewandor staggers.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:14 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 201 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:16 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 330 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:25 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 50 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:26 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 186 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:36 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 270 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:36 2002] Ewandor staggers.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:38 2002] Venril Sathir bashes Ewandor for 91 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:54 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 26 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:33:55 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 138 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:34:09 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 91 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:34:11 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 304 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:34:18 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 210 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:34:18 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 246 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:34:18 2002] Venril Sathir bashes Ewandor for 101 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:34:20 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 186 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:34:20 2002] Ewandor staggers.
[Tue Jan 15 22:34:22 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 102 points of damage.
[Tue Jan 15 22:34:24 2002] Venril Sathir crushes Ewandor for 222 points of damage.

20 successful attacks logged
Processed Deadly Lifetap on 10 out of 20 attacks that were not partially runed

I would say Venril Sathir's Deadly Lifetap proc should be somewhere between 50% and 66% on successful attacks (Kick and Bash included). This would make Venril Sathir proc about once every round (every 2 seconds without Rune). Two Ripostes from the front and you are taking a lifetap most likely.

most interesting part of that log is he is crushing, implying he is wielding the staff from loot table, something VS doesn't do currently when he drops one of the staves

Ele
12-08-2013, 05:30 PM
Pending update,

-(all) npcs can innately proc on attacks. This isn't limited to kick and bash. Theoretically, they can proc innates on contact hits.
-increased vs deadly lifetap chance from 36%->50%.

my hero :D