PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Almost nothing in Plane of Hate sees invisible

Nirgon
10-16-2012, 01:19 PM
This needs a look, I gather that evidence is going to be impossible to find.

I'm on the case, but if someone wants to pitch in and gather with me, it would be appreciated!

Zeelot
10-16-2012, 01:41 PM
I recall needing a combo of IVU/invis to move through hate. It was like that here until they changed line of sight there a few patches back. For some reason all the undead changed to not see invis.

Nirgon
10-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Yeah just in an initial run through having only regular invis I was like heh dafuq. But clearly there were many more mobs that should have seen through invis as well.

IMO an aim, evidence or not, needs to be made for this one to be "classic like". No expectations I don't think, should be made that we can make this perfect.

I'd say EQMac is the way to determine what's what here.

Xanthias
10-17-2012, 04:20 AM
I'd say EQMac is the way to determine what's what here.

Not trolling, but question, wouldn't that be post revamp and therefore back to how Hate was with able to zone in safely and make it so it wasn't the right source material?

Treats
10-17-2012, 04:52 AM
Hate on the EQMac server is the Revamp from Velious.

There is a thread in Server chat that kind of discusses what could and could not see Invis/Sneak/Hide.

I tried for a little while but it was very difficult to find anything regarding this.

Nirgon
10-17-2012, 11:57 AM
Not trolling, but question, wouldn't that be post revamp and therefore back to how Hate was with able to zone in safely and make it so it wasn't the right source material?

No a very good point and these bug discussions are getting more interesting than the presidential debates lately.

My response to that is, yes, it is certainly a post revamp hate.

However!

The downstairs mobs are completely unchanged except the mummies and their loot tables. Beloved hate-minis and Inny himself aside along with the top floor of gigantic sized cleric of inny model hate knights and such... everything like spite golems, phants, abhorrents, chests, rats, ghasts etc should all match what's going on there.

I think a quick audit of "well about half of the spite golems didn't see invis" and "none of the clerics I conned saw invis" would wrap this up nicely.

Plane of Hate was always a "oh god when is the next group loading in we got mad shit here fuck me" on progression live. I saw it with a progression group on RZ and then again with a more experienced group on SZ, it needs a lil more meaness to it to really capture that PoH "port up" feeling.

Unrelated but big props on the NPCs aggroing through the zone in house walls. A very classic change that deserves kudos again.

Zeelot
10-17-2012, 12:13 PM
I am not sure if this is the way it is supposed to be, but from my memory the invis mechanics were pretty accurate prior to the aggro change patch. Unfortunately classic planes raids are the least vivid in my memory since it's been so long. This is the best I can recall it, but not sure if I'm even accurate. :( Sorry for no evidence, but perhaps it's still helpful.

Chests = See invis
Spite Golums = See invis
Loathing Liches = IVU works
Abhorrents = Invis works
Scorned Banshees = IVU works, Sees through sneak/hide
Forsaken Revanents = IVU works
Rats = Invis Works
Ashenbone Drakes = IVU works
Clerics of Innoruuk = Invis works
Kira's = IVU works

Nirgon
10-17-2012, 12:32 PM
I'm hoping we can agree to some hard and fast rule to where someone posts a memory to something and its decidable by people who have a strong reputation in this section to say "ok, well EQ Mac would be OK to test this".

Nilbog of course being final arbiter and executioner.

This, I would say, is one of those cases.

This isn't a change that's going to hurt anyone feelings, but may make racing to Inny more interesting than "invis up GOGOGOGO".

nilbog
10-18-2012, 07:52 AM
Fixed, pending update.

Probably been this way for a while.

arsenalpow
10-18-2012, 08:03 AM
Aggro radius on chests might be fubared as well. There's been a couple times when I could walk up the stairs in a house and aggro every mob BUT the chest, even body pulling wasn't working. I'd have to actually tag it with a shuriken or dmg it before it would wake up.

nilbog
10-18-2012, 08:11 AM
Aggro radius on chests might be fubared as well. There's been a couple times when I could walk up the stairs in a house and aggro every mob BUT the chest, even body pulling wasn't working. I'd have to actually tag it with a shuriken or dmg it before it would wake up.

The chests are designed to have a smaller aggro radius than other npcs.

Is it too small? Comments desired.

arsenalpow
10-18-2012, 09:31 AM
The chests are designed to have a smaller aggro radius than other npcs.

Is it too small? Comments desired.

There's been times when I've stood almost on top of one without it aggroing, it might be too small.

Nirgon
10-18-2012, 11:28 AM
The aggro ranges may need a look, I haven't seen a big (not 2-3 mobs more like 5-6) party come meet anyone in the zone in house yet.

uygi
10-19-2012, 12:43 PM
The aggro ranges may need a look, I haven't seen a big (not 2-3 mobs more like 5-6) party come meet anyone in the zone in house yet.Try a few more times, sometimes I don't get many but I often see a pretty big chain. I assume it all depends on where a couple key pathers happen to be, and once the aggro chain spreads out a little it keeps spreading.

Aggro radius on Chest might be fubared as well.
Chest's aggro radius should be reduced significantly IMO.

baramur
10-24-2012, 01:48 AM
The main issue is you can stack ivu and invis. In classic ivu over wrote reg. invis and vice versa, you could not have both invis on.

falkun
10-24-2012, 08:01 AM
The main issue is you can stack ivu and invis. In classic ivu over wrote reg. invis and vice versa, you could not have both invis on.

Way to drop a bomb in here. Do you have proof? This mechanic has lasted a long time on this server, without being mentioned. I can believe you, but I feel its lasted so long and its so obvious that I have to question how its lasted this long without being mentioned if you are correct.

cyryllis
10-25-2012, 06:25 PM
always been able to stack them as far as i remember on live

Nirgon
10-26-2012, 12:56 PM
Dunno about this invis + ivu stacking pal.

Everlove
10-26-2012, 04:59 PM
There definitely was a time where you couldn't have both. Not sure exactly when, or how long it was... I started when kunark was released and I can remember times that my shaman and cleric 2box couldn't go certain places because we couldn't stack ivu/invus. It was one or the other.

Nirgon
10-26-2012, 10:34 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/ou302p.png

nilbog
10-28-2012, 07:26 AM

This used to be part of my lineup of sending people into fearplane. :P

http://www.eqclerics.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6173

http://eqclerics.nukefromorbitgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7333

When/if it was changed? No idea, but I am certain you could do it pre-Kunark.

Here is a link from 2006 discussing it, but that doesn't mean much.

http://www.redguides.com/forums/showthread.php/13164-Regular-and-Undead-Invis-at-same-time

Will try and research more when I get time.