PDA

View Full Version : Epic Weapons/ The Hole

tehruoh
10-16-2012, 04:41 AM
when will red see these delightful things.

any speculation or comments from the dev team?

Cwall
10-16-2012, 04:43 AM
dunno but they'll save the server 4 sure

tehruoh
10-16-2012, 05:08 AM
wasnt implying that sir

Dullah
10-16-2012, 06:35 AM
Should be next patch for the Hole.

Patches from January 2000 - June 2000

- Kunark goes live with a new level cap of 60 (Apr. 21)
- Newbie guards get buffed to their current levels (May)
- The Hole is introduced (June 22)
- Lady Vox and Lord Nagafen are no longer attackable by players over 52nd level

Epics not for a few months.

Patches from July 2000 - December 2000

Stand Out Occurrences:
- Karana splits into two servers, the other being Terris Thule (June & July)
- NPCs stop saying "hit by non-melee for XX points" (July 19)
- /hidecorpse and /fastdrop commands introduced (July 19 & Aug. 1)
- Wurmslayer becomes a one-hand slasher (Aug. 9)
- NO RENT tags are added to NO RENT items (Aug. 9)
- Epic quests are introduced (Sept. 19)

tehruoh
10-16-2012, 10:03 AM
but i want my lightsabers :(

im sure rogean can relate

heartbrand
10-16-2012, 10:14 AM
Epics would be the final blow to this server at this point. It would bring back prolly another ten to fifteen nihilum from the sidelines, having those opening day kunark fifty man nihilum raids that instantly discouraged and led to many quitting within two days. Fix the fundamental issues here first, the 1-50 solo grind, yellow text, resists, THEN release more content.

(epics helped blue because it's not as cutthroat as here. Newbs can start on blue and buy a trak bp, a fungi, good weapons, a epic mq, haste item, here they come and get some moonstone rings and a ghoul bane)

Vile
10-16-2012, 10:26 AM
yo HB lemme get a dark reaver

Nirgon
10-16-2012, 11:51 AM
but i want my lightsabers :(

im sure rogean can relate

On the real? He's doing legit big things for blue (aka the meal ticket and why this server actually exists!). I gave him props in dat thread.

JenJen
10-16-2012, 12:04 PM
have you guys killed gore yet? srs question aint even mad.

heartbrand
10-16-2012, 12:25 PM
ya they did

Vile
10-16-2012, 04:17 PM
yo HB lemme get a dark reaver

fiegi 2.5
10-16-2012, 04:21 PM
hb will never give pixels away

huggies
10-16-2012, 04:30 PM
fiegi and a beat

Vile
10-16-2012, 04:32 PM
hb will never give pixels away

someone hook up a dark reaver and maybe some haste bros...

tehruoh
10-16-2012, 06:33 PM
i dont think many nihi will come back for epics heartbrand, those that came back played kunark for like 3 days then went back into their holes. What i want to see is the server catch up to blue via progression, so maybe more people will roll here or be tempted to join the good fight.

Cwall
10-16-2012, 06:39 PM
word on the street is majority of the blue population has been waiting for epics before they roll up on red99

mostbitter
10-16-2012, 06:53 PM
I should go dig up all my posts arguing against releasing kunark because it will spread the players our and the world will be devoid of pvp and this guy an all his chums argue that kunark will save the population and i say no youll just be asking for epics a month later then velious etc etc FEELS GOOD

Vayder
10-16-2012, 07:13 PM
<Washed Up Wannabes> raiding the forums to compensate for the fact that HB and Red Dawn are doing bigger things than they ever did.

tehruoh
10-16-2012, 07:19 PM
<Washed Up Wannabes> raiding the forums to compensate for the fact that HB and Red Dawn are doing bigger things than they ever did.

^^^

heartbrand
10-16-2012, 07:22 PM
I just want to make sure it's clear, I have nothing against progression and what not, I just think they really need to focus on fixing the foundation of this server before continuing to just churn out more content.

tehruoh
10-16-2012, 09:30 PM
ill agree but we only get one cookie every 6 months.

Stasis01
10-16-2012, 09:50 PM
I almost think velious would help I dunno - not in the sense of bringing more players but so much content in Velious - Nihilum cant cock block everything even the velious TOV quest armor is significant etc. Kunark is easily cockblocked - and theres no chance of them doing shit atm.

Red dawn should be hopen for velious IMO but meh - Kunark is definitely the easiest controlled content on a pvp server next to maybe classic with only 2 raid mobs heh.

tehruoh
10-16-2012, 09:54 PM
yeah like i said i just want the servers to catch up really...so that people arent like "oh this ones further along? eff that gotta get mine"

Shrubwise
10-16-2012, 11:28 PM
You think people will choose Blue over Red because Blue's got more content open? That's Heerious.

You're either a PvP'er or not. Content has nothing to do with it.

Nirgon
10-17-2012, 02:08 AM
Churn out aka stuff that's already done on blue

Dullah
10-17-2012, 05:50 AM
Epics aren't going to "help save" anything. The server is doing as well as its gonna do under present circumstances. I'd say taking the server from 25 people to 125, and now stable at 80-90 prime time was a win.

I think epics should come according to our accelerated timeline, no rush. We still have the hole to look forward to, and VP keys to work on. Plenty to keep people occupied until epics.

What we do need is suggestions from the last year to be implemented, especially the opportunity for some sort of naked blue to red char transfers. Without getting red pop at least doubling, a lot of new players will always turn their nose up at the server.

Still gotta lol at the mads like mostbitter who swore kunark would do nothing for the server and still stands by it while the server has 4x the pop it did prior..

karsten
10-17-2012, 06:21 AM
yeah i'm finding myself strangely agreeing with dullah on that one -- kubark has been great for pop, even on euro time there's always something to do and people to do it with. And yeah, with a bit more staff involvement and implementation of some of the things that the staff can agree that the majority of us players think will be good for red -- that can only help things.

And I mean, let's not err on the side of caution! Let's try this stuff out and if it turns out ultimately not to help population we can always revise it.

tehruoh
10-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Epics aren't going to "help save" anything. The server is doing as well as its gonna do under present circumstances. I'd say taking the server from 25 people to 125, and now stable at 80-90 prime time was a win.

I think epics should come according to our accelerated timeline, no rush. We still have the hole to look forward to, and VP keys to work on. Plenty to keep people occupied until epics.

What we do need is suggestions from the last year to be implemented, especially the opportunity for some sort of naked blue to red char transfers. Without getting red pop at least doubling, a lot of new players will always turn their nose up at the server.

Still gotta lol at the mads like mostbitter who swore kunark would do nothing for the server and still stands by it while the server has 4x the pop it did prior..

^^^

Nirgon
10-17-2012, 12:04 PM
I think epics going in along with the fixes to WHIRL (HI!!!), root + snare would be an awesome patch and a sure pop booster.

heartbrand
10-17-2012, 12:21 PM
I have been rooted I think once with over 100 MR on this server in the last six months

Nirgon
10-17-2012, 12:34 PM
How about people with 70 MR of gear they bought with blue plat coming here and getting root spammed in unrest to death :P.

I just saw pics of someone getting chain whirled here and it was in the Kunark fire pots.

Heartbrand come on son.

Not to mention these fixes are badly needed for guerilla warfare on both sides.

(Read: raid disruption to the uninitiated)

mostbitter
10-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Kunark did EXACTLY as I predicted, it spread the population out and further reduced random skirmishes. The experience bonus is what brought people back, and if you were not trying to spin the argument to support Kunark being released it would be obvious as we had even more players before it dissapeared, a few days after Nihilum hit 60 across the board. Furthermore the reason you see more players is because a second guild is trying to get their shit together. Which would be the case with or without kunark. The only difference being that this type of population on classic would provide ample pvp because the environment would match the amount of players.

Critical
10-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Character Transfer @ any level with 0 equipment/plat

mostbitter
10-17-2012, 12:47 PM
This blue character transfer idea is RIDICULOUS. The whole stance against increased experience is that it created throwaway characters that would be used to train and take the bullet for all sorts of douchery. Now people are starting to argue for an even easier way to get away with that than increased experience. This is what I would expect out of a community who's valid ideas have been shot down for so long. You have to have hope I just don't see how this is a better solution than increased experience.

Nirgon
10-17-2012, 01:11 PM
I mean I did expect the xp whining from the pvp emu crowd, no offense to them they don't like pve. But, when that's all you really have to attract at this point, I guess that's what you gotta do.

Personally I think a more classic server and delaying the launch would have been best. However, what we can do now is at least get a few solid PvP changes in. Along with epics.. it would be great thing.

huggies
10-17-2012, 01:33 PM
give them epics so they can get them then quit

the end

jeffd
10-18-2012, 03:12 AM
i'll never understand why you guys spend so much time doing armchair theory re: this server

considering it takes 3 weeks to get rogean to reboot kithicor, i wouldn't count on any more big changes

Dullah
10-18-2012, 08:37 AM
Kunark did EXACTLY as I predicted, it spread the population out and further reduced random skirmishes.
One can only conclude you have not played at all to make such an ignorant statement.

On a daily basis, pvp can be found at KC, sebilis, droga, TD/pots, dalnir and pretty much any place in between. Just as I said before kunark came out. PvP will always happen in the places where lewt and xp can be found.

Character Transfer @ any level with 0 equipment/plat
I would also add to that, 0 spells or 0 spells > lvl 50. Spells are a source of competition, economy and pvp. Also, mage epic is a spell...

Dragonzord
10-18-2012, 10:04 AM
One can only conclude you have not played at all to make such an ignorant statement.

On a daily basis, pvp can be found at KC, sebilis, droga, TD/pots, dalnir and pretty much any place in between. Just as I said before kunark came out. PvP will always happen in the places where lewt and xp can be found.

I would also add to that, 0 spells or 0 spells > lvl 50. Spells are a source of competition, economy and pvp. Also, mage epic is a spell...

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/tumblr_lvnv62xWLg1qmnwwpo1_r1_400.gif

Humerox
10-18-2012, 11:54 AM
This blue character transfer idea is RIDICULOUS. The whole stance against increased experience is that it created throwaway characters that would be used to train and take the bullet for all sorts of douchery.

And I have a plethora of maxed blue toons I could transfer.

mostbitter
10-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Dullah do you understand that random skirmishes do not include group pvp at the few popular dungeons? I assume you just have no argument for the rest of my post and really wanted to disagree with me because you're so hot for pixel.

Until the last two weeks there hasn't been an increase in any sort of PVP. Now there's a fight here and there between the two head guilds. The same as it was during classic, with the exception that people are fighting outside of these zones less often. People also now have several options to choose from when leveling, and will pick less desirable spots in order to evade pvp.

I think it is telling that you chose to disregard the other points made in my post. You're not interested in this server being a healthy environment for pvp. You're interested in it being a place to farm as many pixels as possible. A place where you can convince all of your blue friends to transfer over to. Because when they eventually quit as most do you can grow your alt toon army.

You act the same way in game that you do on the board. Your presence, along with the rest of your guild is nothing but a detriment to the servers population. You have all the best loot on farm, you're the only guild capable of doing several encounters, you have the most members. Yet when you lose a fight you do everything you can including breaking all the rules and demoralizing all the people who play here. Doing things like training, logging an alt army, and bind rushing for hours on end seem to be the run of the mill tactics for nihilum.

Now you're here on the board again pushing for pixels much to the dismay of the community. I'll just have to hope the staff is doing their usual routine of ignoring the community so that they don't fall for your ruse.

jeffd
10-18-2012, 01:13 PM
People also now have several options to choose from when leveling, and will pick less desirable spots in order to evade pvp.

just thought i'd sliiiiide this in here before anyone claims this isn't true

http://i.imgur.com/KGQpn.jpg

tehruoh
10-18-2012, 02:10 PM
LMAO@ freez tells the guild, "DONT WORRY NIHI ISNT ON SO WE DONT HAVE TO GRIND IN KC =D"

rolfrofl

Autumnbow
10-18-2012, 02:46 PM
yeah like i said i just want the servers to catch up really...so that people arent like "oh this ones further along? eff that gotta get mine"

I joined blue because single player EQ isn't fun, and I wish the server wasn't as far along as it is so that I could experience true classic EQ with everyone else. As things are now I'll probably raid PoH/PoF/PoS a couple times each with groups of 60s, and that's not going to be nearly as challenging. Then it will be all Kunark stuff, and we'll have the advantage of epics.

heartbrand
10-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Actually it looked like no one mentioned kith was down and once it was brought up on forums it was done in under 2 hours

tehruoh
10-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Actually it looked like no one mentioned kith was down and once it was brought up on forums it was done in under 2 hours

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Cwall
10-18-2012, 03:42 PM
what does that say about the server population when no one notices if a zone is down for 3 weeks

Humerox
10-18-2012, 03:49 PM
Well...it kept going down and coming up and so on...

don't think anyone cared enough to report it, lol

Nirgon
10-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Cwall no grasping at straws, sir.

We are men of dignity.

Go whirl some people dawg.

Cwall
10-18-2012, 05:31 PM
gotta get dat whirl fix before a pvp server with decent resists comes along

Zereh
10-18-2012, 05:34 PM

Did so! (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=86111&highlight=kithicor)

Cwall
10-18-2012, 05:40 PM
i like how rogean is batphoned to fix kithicor forest but not any of the other issues plaguing the server

huggies
10-18-2012, 09:53 PM
so dont play?

Dragonzord
10-18-2012, 10:01 PM
i like all the ads about buying plat for everquest. why do we support rmt?

huggies
10-18-2012, 10:33 PM
you are seeing cookies , this site dont pick the adds , if you game your cookies show game ads , if you are a phone tards youll see the new i phone

for a neutral ad clear your browsing history then come here , and youll get a general population ad , usually a phone ad ( cause most idiots are on the phone )

Zalaerian
10-18-2012, 11:04 PM
dont worry pals...velious on LOZ in a month...all is well

heartbrand
10-18-2012, 11:07 PM
ya cant wait till sleeper killed with 3 people on that shit server

Zalaerian
10-18-2012, 11:53 PM
are you saying r99 is more legit or something ?

Lazortag
10-18-2012, 11:59 PM
are you saying r99 is more legit or something ?

It is more legit. The numbers it takes to kill raid mobs are roughly in line with the numbers needed in classic. Since you can't refute this you'll probably just list a bunch of bugs that have been fixed already though.

Cwall
10-19-2012, 12:33 AM
lazorfag please go no one ever liked you what makes you think that changed

Nizzarr
10-19-2012, 07:09 AM
lazorfag please go no one ever liked you what makes you think that changed

depressed kid trying to bring people down to his level.

Sorry pal, better luck next server.

Zalaerian
10-19-2012, 07:31 AM
YT in? Resists fixed yet? No? Ya not legit

Herb9
10-19-2012, 08:13 AM
YT in? Resists fixed yet? No? Ya not legit

MQ doesn't work here... Not legit.

tehruoh
10-19-2012, 08:43 AM

roflowned

Vayder
10-19-2012, 09:26 AM

Cwall
10-19-2012, 05:24 PM
depressed kid trying to bring people down to his level.

Sorry pal, better luck next server.

still waiting on your /played across all characters

huggies
10-19-2012, 07:11 PM
It is more legit. The numbers it takes to kill raid mobs are roughly in line with the numbers needed in classic. Since you can't refute this you'll probably just list a bunch of bugs that have been fixed already though.

yea right it took like 100 people to kill anything on classic , mobs are a joke so are raid mobs

nothing is legit on project 99 , nothing at all

jeffd
10-19-2012, 07:32 PM
http://i.imgur.com/4X3Uq.gif

nothin at all

nothin at all

nothin at all