PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: Trooper Scale Pauldron

Shamen
10-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Quest: ........ After all that you give the Grayish Liquid to a froglok slave in East Cab, which kills it and gives you Froglok Goo. Three spawn near the rock right in from the field of bone zoneline.........

........ so I gave it the Grayish Liquid and nothing happened :( he did not die. I killed him after maybe 20sec, dropped froglok meat.

Shamen
10-15-2012, 07:04 AM
I have managed to get new Geayish Liquid, but dont want to give it to frog slave until Im sure the quest works. Anyone have any clue what might be the problem? I think I am doing it right, at least according to P99 and alla.

Anyone done it with success? Please let me know. Thanks

nilbog
10-15-2012, 09:23 AM
NPCs that are kos eat items.

Find a way for him to con dubious or better and it will work.

The functionality behind this was discussed here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35688

Shamen
10-15-2012, 12:56 PM
NPCs that are kos eat items.

Find a way for him to con dubious or better and it will work.

The functionality behind this was discussed here: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35688

Thanks man!

Boilon
10-17-2012, 06:57 AM
well I still find this definitely interesting because the only way to get those frogloks to con anything other than kos is definitely a charm, because iksar warrior's can't hide/sneak/anything else to change faction, unless using invis trickery. Don't remember this being an issue on live and is a quest that should be able to be done solo by an iksar warrior.

taken from ZAM http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=813
How To
QuoteReply
# Jan 11 2001 at 5:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Anonymous

3. Take the poison to a Froglok Slave, per another posting I waited in the little ruins between the Bank and Haggle Barons by Shaman Guild for the Slaves to show up. Not sure if this works no matter where they are but after all of this I wasn't taking any chances. Anyway, trade your poison to a Froglok Slave (Toilmaster was standing there when I did it and I definitely wasn't Invis and had no probs) and it'll die. You'll see a message and notice another vial appear in your inventory so make sure you have a slot. It's called Froglok Goo.

Faction
QuoteReply
# Dec 29 2000 at 4:09 AM Rating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
I completed the quest and did not require anyone to cast invis on me while making the trade to the froglok. My faction with the frogs is terrible, so i assume that the problem was fixed in a patch. I handed the potion to a slave in the ruined building while the toilmaster was present. Dont know if that makes a difference or not.

So you're telling me that I can't finish this quest unless I get someone elses help to make them con not kos?

nilbog
11-11-2012, 06:02 PM
Faction
QuoteReply
# Dec 29 2000 at 4:09 AM Rating: Default
Anonymous
Anonymous
I completed the quest and did not require anyone to cast invis on me while making the trade to the froglok. My faction with the frogs is terrible, so i assume that the problem was fixed in a patch. I handed the potion to a slave in the ruined building while the toilmaster was present. Dont know if that makes a difference or not.

So you're telling me that I can't finish this quest unless I get someone elses help to make them con not kos?

Sounds like there was a similar problem on live where they made an exception to the rule. That's what it sounds like we need to do as well.

Until fixed, I recommend having someone charm the frog for you.

khanable
05-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Sorry to bump such an old thread, can anyone confirm as to whether or not this was fixed (so that we can turn in to KOS slaves)?

I saw nothing in the patch notes about it anywhere.

Thanks

khanable
05-23-2013, 01:48 AM
Definitely need a charm still. Good thing I made it a point to grab two of everything.

:)

I'll try to edit the wiki