PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Trakanon aggro radius

Nizzarr
10-11-2012, 02:04 PM
It is extremely wrong on both servers, it should be about the same as kunark outdoor dragons.

I remember waiting hours to pull the protector because you had to wait for trakanon to be at one exact spot deep inside his lair and protector had to be right in front near jumpalot.

You couldnt pull jumpy or get close to him when he would be in the "middle" of his lair.

Nizzarr
10-11-2012, 02:27 PM
He is also a necromancer, should not enrage and should run(due to not enraging)

BigSlip
10-11-2012, 08:53 PM
so wheres your proof?

Nizzarr
10-11-2012, 10:19 PM
He should also Trakanon touch trough divine aura

http://www.angelfire.com/freak/eqjonze/guides/kunark/sebilis/trakanon.htm

Pulling can sometimes be done by sending a necro with harmshield, bard with level 60 invul song, cleric or paladin in, they will get trak touched to the shrooms. Trak will run by dont mind him. Run into his lair and clear it as quick as you can

On the aggro range:
Just wait until he reaches the back and pull the juggers and the protector.

http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8798

Rule number 1 about Trakanons lair, and something you must never forget. Never ever attack anything, it'll aggro Trakanon. For the Protector to chase you, you literally have to stand under its nose.

Moriza, Trak aggros on sight, there is no aggro range on him, if he sees you he aggros. Is it possible that someone in your raid group wasn't hidden?

^^ a little overboard but gets the point across

http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8606&highlight=trakanon

whole thread discuss pulling strategies

As far as the necromancer thing, watch all those trakanon killing on youtube and youll see him running and casting a lot of necro spells and never enraging.

I remember a fight on live where he spent a whole 45 second casting stupid necro dots and died without even aoeing once.

about Trakanon running:

If trakanon has a few juggs in there "helping" him, he won't try and run.

just assign one group to deal with the adds -mez or slow, and have everyone else kill trak then switch to the assist once he's dead. if all the other golems are pulled aside from the protector, all you need is 1 tank on him and get him slowed.

again, with him there, you won't have to worry about trak running away.

What would happen is sometimes he'd run pretty fast at 15%, would get next to the bridge and gate back to his lair, going back to 25%.

He also should corpse camp for 20+ minute on any aggro. ie: if you aggro trakanon and feign, he will stay there for 20+ minute.

Nizzarr
10-11-2012, 10:24 PM
So pretty much, this encounter is about 200% too easy right now.

KefkaPalazzo
10-11-2012, 10:31 PM
So pretty much, this encounter is about 200% too easy right now.

Nizzarr
10-11-2012, 10:59 PM
Also mobs dont try to gate nearly enough as they should.

All kunark mobs AI should use gate whenever they can when under 10%.

Nizzarr
10-11-2012, 11:05 PM
You know thats pretty sad that were almost 2 year into Kunark, and this went under the radar for so long.

bamzal
10-12-2012, 10:25 AM
nihilum hoarded enough loot from this mob while it was trivial, and now want to make it impossible for the rest of the server. they resorting to old tactics

heartbrand
10-12-2012, 10:46 AM
Also mobs dont try to gate nearly enough as they should.

All kunark mobs AI should use gate whenever they can when under 10%.

I've also noticed this

BigSlip
10-12-2012, 01:13 PM
You know thats pretty sad that were almost 2 year into Kunark, and this went under the radar for so long.

Well maybe you should of made a bug post before yesterday if it bothered you so bad.

heartbrand
10-12-2012, 01:37 PM
He probably assumed someone already did

Tarathiel
10-12-2012, 01:55 PM
He probably assumed someone already did

its been brought up before just not in the bugs forums

BigSlip
10-12-2012, 02:39 PM
exactly

Treats
10-12-2012, 08:22 PM
Was discussed along with a few other mobs here:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=78200

Nizzarr
10-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Here's what needs to be fixed:

Trakanon:

Aggro radius needs to be 3-4 times what it is right now. Pretty much when hes in the back of his lair and protector is in front, thats the only safe spot you can pull protector -- if you can set it that the aggro radius is just behind that spot then you got it right.

Trakanon should corpse camp for 20 minute after being aggroed AKA doesnt roam back to spawn point for 20 minute.

Trakanon is a necromancer, cast all the kunark necromancer spells, have a chance to run under 20%, gates back to spawn point if far away from it(he does that while running if he gets out of his "non gating radius"). He also shouldn't enrage.

Trakanon's ability, "Trakanon's touch" goes tru all divine aura spells.

Again, /sad times no one researched this before. We're two years into kunark.

Nirgon
10-15-2012, 11:55 AM
All of this is very true. If these points are not the case here, they need to be. I just haven't locked horns with him in melee ever on live but I know the stuff about his aggro and touch are very, very true.

Trakanon was a big scary, toothy, dirtbag life tap rng proccing son of a bitch with super hard to resist poison attacks.

Was not the case here boys and girls.

This fucker took some progerssion work from Fires of Heaven, nuff said.

Dullah
10-15-2012, 01:26 PM
nihilum hoarded enough loot from this mob while it was trivial, and now want to make it impossible for the rest of the server. they resorting to old tactics

I'm sure Nizzar is terribly worried about anyone else killing trakanon soon.

These are legit bugs being reported, and people still envy rage because now they weren't timely enough. Make up your mind.

Raavak
10-15-2012, 01:38 PM
I very much remember the long wait time on Traks pathing in order to pull the lair. Also having to /q alot to get the big ugly off my case when I had fd'd.

Nirgon
10-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Damn I don't remember seeing him stop to cast but if he's flagged as a necro NPC, then I'd guess he had to have done that.

Not sure, I was only there to pump rounds into him and loot a mana robe.

Sundawg
10-23-2012, 11:05 PM
Increased agro radius of Trakanon.

Trakanon will now flee at low health.

Lord Nagafen will now flee at low health.

Fixed, pending update.

Nirgon
10-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Nice, do you have Trakanon casting necro spells when no one is in his melee range?

I don't recall that nor do I see anyone talking about pulling him otherwise. Never pulled him myself.

He is labeled as a necro though I believe and this behavior would be consistent with him.

I don't think an NPC being flagged as a certain class immediately gives them a set of spells or even specific spells according to their level.

I also never recall seeing a Trakanon skele pet which would debunk, at least for me, any notion he should cast necro spells -- take CT for example though having pets...

And on that CT note, I recall him having like 2 or 3 pets on live lol, dafuq.

Sundawg
10-24-2012, 03:07 PM
He is a necro and he does cast some necromancer spells.

I know he should be casting a wider variety of necro spells then he currently is set for. As far as him summoning a pet, that I am not sure about. Not altering his spell set just yet.

Him enraging or not is something else that needs to be researched. Yes he should flee, but that should not automatically disqualify him from being a mob that can also enrage. There are mobs in EQ that can both enrage and flee.

Nirgon
10-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Yeah I never saw a Trakanon pet in all my days, CT absolutely.. but he's an SK not a necro

Intredasting

Trakanon firing up a long necro dot would completely make the encounter WAY easier.. so I think he only casts when something isn't inside his melee range?

Could be used to trick him into casting then rush him.. I don't recall him casting necro spells on live, but again, I was just dumping lures into him

Nizzarr
10-24-2012, 05:51 PM
EQmac trakanon doesnt enrage.

Can the EQmac people check if VP dragons enrage too? I believe only warrior NPC can enrage and its too broadly used right now on this project.

Nirgon
10-24-2012, 06:33 PM
All the tahm?

Nirgon
10-26-2012, 02:02 PM
OK well emperor chottal casts a spectre pet, I never ever saw Trak (so he is likely not a necro?) with one of those.

Breath should be much harder to resist here aka you get banged with it for sure under 200 as a level 60. None of this chance to resist with 150 bull shit and certainly people should be getting murdered by it 55 and lower. I don't see any cure fest fights in the recordings here. It just doesn't seem to land very much which is disappointing.

I actually don't think he'd cast any spells.

Rampage and flurry came in Velious so that's a no go.

I don't remember him fleeing or even enraging. If he has another mob assisting him, he definitely won't flee like other mobs.

Reiker000
10-27-2012, 08:55 PM
I definitely remember Trakanon casting necro spells, and you can find evidence of that from a simple Google. Most of them are a little ambiguous like "Trakanon casts a lot of poison spells," but here's one from eqclerics posted on June 2002:

Trakanon casts Funeral Pyre now =\

This was in response to a recent patch that changed caster AI. After Kunark, mobs' melee attacks started to become a lot more powerful than spells. Right now, you tend to burn casters down faster as they can really fuck you up quickly, but mob melee damage scaled a lot faster than available spells (as did player resistances), making caster mobs a joke. This only affected mobs that were previously casters, such as Trakanon.

I'm pretty confident that he never cast a pet, though.

I thought Arzak just did faction work, now he's making changes to the very mob he raids daily?

/facepalm

None of the changes Sundawg listed make the fight any easier, so what the fuck is your point besides being a stupid cunt?