PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever wondered

huggies
10-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Why project 99 wont let you box?

The original answer was , to encourage players to group to defeat monsters and content , noble goal right?

But heres the real kicker , they never put in any kind of bonus for players to group , so if you group with 1 person your exp goes down by 4x

So? Whats that do?

Ill tell you what it does , it makes people solo , because otherwise exp is shit.

And no one wants to invite hybrids either right ? i know i wouldnt want to share exp penalty considering how AWFUL exp is , me and my buddy went to lake of ill omen last night and after a nightmare of trying to bind in firona vie i just gave up and got some exp

4 hours was half a level and we consistently killed monsters.

Now , i could have soloed and killed many less monsters and gotten more exp , but what about my friend ?

I know this has been a nightmare since launch , and i dont expect any further exp bonus to be added , casters can already level plenty fast , but they were never the ones that needed it

are people oblivious to the real reasons population is low?

Cwall
10-11-2012, 11:32 AM

it would appear so

heartbrand
10-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Boxxing brings some positives and some negatives, personally I think the positives outweigh the negatives but the issue is a non starter here.

huggies
10-11-2012, 11:49 AM
i dont want boxing , i want group exp bonus , so players have a REASON to group

they did it in DAOC and it built communities , you could solo but grouping was always better

and by the time people were high level guilds and alliances were formed

here everyone just random pks everyone , shits on everyone and you have 3 choices once you get high level

be a nilly poopsocker and suck balls for pixels all day

join the cause and fight for the red dawn to shit on the nillys (* i want to do this but MANY LEVELS TO GO <<<<< * )

or , be a outcast and farm guk and RMT FBSS's

removing hybrid penalties and giving some type of bonus for undergeared players to group would have made this server pretty much win from day one

in crushbone at level 10ish in a full group you can get a yellow in like 3 hours its just hilarious how little you get

KefkaPalazzo
10-11-2012, 11:54 AM
eq with a low pop is not for the casual.

Vile
10-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Allow boxing for characters under lvl 50 imo..

Humerox
10-11-2012, 01:08 PM

No. But the real reasons aren't what you think they are.
And if you need a bind somewhere send Samwise a tell if he's online, or me...I have a wizzie that can port and bind.

jeffd
10-11-2012, 02:43 PM

no, we've been saying this shit since 2011

real talk, the devs abandoned this server a long time ago

Cwall
10-11-2012, 02:45 PM
real

huggies
10-11-2012, 03:01 PM
not true i would , the group penalty and hybrid penalty are ridiculous

the exp bonus around kunark release is the way the server should stay , people can actually accomplish something instead of full time gamers dominating everything

Tycko
10-11-2012, 03:26 PM
EQ was not designed for all players to experience all the content. That is why we have issues with casual players who get frustrated trying to keep up with no-lifers. It's a design point that has advantages and disadvantages. It seems like your proposing to narrow that gap for valid reasons ( low population, etc) but I think when you start messing with the mechanics you depart from classic which is ideally why we all play here.

Dullah
10-11-2012, 03:42 PM
EQ was not designed for all players to experience all the content. That is why we have issues with casual players who get frustrated trying to keep up with no-lifers. It's a design point that has advantages and disadvantages. It seems like your proposing to narrow that gap for valid reasons ( low population, etc) but I think when you start messing with the mechanics you depart from classic which is ideally why we all play here.
Great post.

I still think there should be a group experience bonus though, as well as 2boxing. I think they should only disallow boxing in raid zones. Could even play a second box while raiding, just not both in the same zone. PvP would limit boxing just fine.

huggies
10-11-2012, 03:47 PM
the whole classic pvp to me is all about twinks rolling groups in CB and people HAVING To group to not be rolled , but people hate grouping because you throw your exp away

say yes to group exp bonus

Dullah
10-11-2012, 04:05 PM
I don't think anyone is saying no to group exp bonus except those who are needed to implement it.

JayDee
10-11-2012, 05:43 PM
1-50 is fucking cake. i stopped playing once i hit 54. exp rate is indiscernible from p99 and cant find any spells.

Dullah
10-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Granted, 54 is slow, its definitely not "indiscernible" from p99. Its way faster. I just played a friends char for 2 hours and made him over 10% of his level in 54.

Shrubwise
10-11-2012, 06:57 PM
i dont want boxing , i want group exp bonus , so players have a REASON to group

Your REASONS to group are to 1) form comradery, 2) kill more monsters faster, 3) kill harder shit you can't solo, 4) drop mad beatbox beats during med breaks.

NEXT QUESTION

jeffd
10-11-2012, 07:31 PM
I don't think anyone is saying no to group exp bonus except those who are needed to implement it.

for further reading, see also: yellow text, resists, compass

KefkaPalazzo
10-11-2012, 08:27 PM
guys just need to quit your jobs and remove yourself from your families. 60 will come in no time.

runlvlzero
10-11-2012, 09:14 PM
^^

huggies
10-11-2012, 10:04 PM
3 pages bro shit is getin real

huggies
10-13-2012, 12:54 PM
bumping this i want more people to think about a group exp bonus so people dont just solo and quit

im huggies and i approved this message