PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Mage focus item drop rates.

taypost
05-29-2010, 06:05 PM
The drop rates for these items has to be far off from what it used to be on classic.

I have been in and out of Najena for 4 days in a row now up to almost 8 hours a day trying to farm for these focus items.

I have not seen a torch drop at all, and even today after spending 8 hours in here killing ALL dark bone skeletons and ALL the mages and ALL the goblins, one stein dropped. -- Nothing else, no broom, no shovel, no torch, just a stein.

I am not the only one trying to figure out why these things are hardly dropping, there have been a few mages coming in and out as well as other higher levels trying to get them for alts. The focus items are just vary rarely dropping.

These items never had this rare of a drop rate to my knowledge. If someone could look into this I'd appreciate it.

tnyadno
05-29-2010, 06:27 PM
Nod, use to take an hour or two tops to get everything, including multiples of some. I did the focus items multiple times I attempted to create a twink mage.

reynar
05-29-2010, 06:30 PM
farmed for 8+ hours in my late 40s and still missing the shovel.

magic
05-29-2010, 06:41 PM
This isn't a bug. I'll let you guys in on a little pro tip.. Kill alligators in Cazic-Thule. That's where the focus items dropped during classic era. It wasn't until after Kunark that the mobs in Najena had begun to drop the focus pieces commonly. It will take you about 2 hours to get all 4 while camping the golem, I guarantee it.

taypost
05-29-2010, 07:08 PM
This isn't a bug. I'll let you guys in on a little pro tip.. Kill alligators in Cazic-Thule. That's where the focus items dropped during classic era. It wasn't until after Kunark that the mobs in Najena had begun to drop the focus pieces commonly. It will take you about 2 hours to get all 4 while camping the golem, I guarantee it.

I'll check this out .

Xantarr
05-29-2010, 08:01 PM
I got the shovel on the very first magician I killed, ever.

Not trying to rub it in your faces or even say that it's not broken - just sayin. :]

Well, maybe I'm trying to rub it in just a little :]

taypost
05-30-2010, 01:10 AM
yep, thx for pointing this out :]

until the revamp it seems the drop in najena are really rare, but in the gator pit in CT these things drop quite often.

Ropethunder
05-30-2010, 04:43 AM
I'll give you a synopsis of my drops and drops I've heard of:

I camped several magicians for about 14 hours, several of those hours with random high level people coming in and helping me clear other groups as well around the dungeon.

Finally, I got a broom. 3-4 mages later I got a torch. Then the very next kill was a shovel.

Later that day some random guy comes in, clears a goblin camp, and gets a torch on his first try.

A friend was clearing mages for a couple hours and saw three torches and three steins drop (he wanted a shovel). He also saw two torches drop the day before.

Another group yesterday was clearing mages and said I could have a stein if one dropped (hehe, I thought). About 20 minutes later one dropped.

I also killed some random mage while passing though last night and saw a broom drop.

It may seem completely and absurdly random but I can promise you they DO drop.

eqdruid76
05-30-2010, 05:11 AM

This.