PDA

View Full Version : Wiz Quad Kiting

Negativefx83
10-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Where's a good spot for a level 42 to Quad kite? Just looking for some options.

Thanks.

mitic
10-10-2012, 10:39 AM
dwarfs at bb docks, 2 on shore 2 on dock =4. pull them coming from open water with levi and kite them south of the walls

Estu
10-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Yetis in Dreadlands are great. Once too many of those go light-blue, you can move on to spectres in Feerrott, Oasis, or OOT. After that, can go to Spirocs in TD.

Negativefx83
10-12-2012, 09:51 AM
ah i just hit 44 so may try specs or spirocs... anything i should know about these mobs?

Raavak
10-12-2012, 11:04 AM
Specs in Oasis rock. You can get just 4 easy (either the 4 corners or the tower) and you can loot all the scythes and sell them at the inns. The 4 in OOT are nice because its just 4 and you can circle the island as your kite path, but selling loot isn't quite as easy. For both just jboots and lev and have at it.

Estu
10-13-2012, 09:46 AM
ah i just hit 44 so may try specs or spirocs... anything i should know about these mobs?

Specs lifetap you if they're missing any HP and you're close enough to them. You can avoid this happening at all in a quad kite, but you have to be careful to keep your distance from them. Spirocs are much more straightforward but they have three types that all spawn in the same area: the lowest-level are Lightfoots, then Watchers, then Provens. Both mobs have social aggro. Specs are KoS and spirocs are not.

I did specs in OOT personally because it was the lowest-demand area and I hate competing for mobs. I bound myself at the island and kited them with levitate on, using the staff of temperate flux to pull. It takes some getting used to but can be done very smoothly.