PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Mobs gate in place...

Orruar
10-07-2012, 09:36 PM
I had a mob gate on me a minute ago. I then fought it at bind point and when it got down to 4%, it gated again. It had not moved an inch since gating the first time, so I'm sure it was at its bind spot. Of course, the gate caused it to heal 20%...

BigSlip
10-07-2012, 11:43 PM
Well you know, mobs that gate gate to thier bind spot just like you do....

Also its supposed to reset to something like 30% life. Its how it worked on live and its how its supposed to work here...

Nirgon
10-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Sounds fine to me actually. Gotta time that burst or find a way to stun/mez.

Tarathiel
10-08-2012, 12:27 PM
a couple of times while fighting Tola in seb we had him gate on us but somehow he ended up at the zone-in instead of his spawn point. while at the zone in we were unable to interact with him in anyway until he was reset by a GM

Raavak
10-08-2012, 12:50 PM
On Live we used to fight mobs like Gruplinort on their spawn point on purpose, so they wouldn't gate. I don't recall them gating on that point ever.

Nizzarr
10-08-2012, 02:04 PM
There was a radius around their spawn point where the mobs wouldnt gate.

apparently not on here!

Orruar
10-08-2012, 05:05 PM
I think some of you didn't understand my post. The first gate was fine, as I was fighting him a mile away. The second gate was not fine, as he was standing directly on his spawn point. On live, mobs wouldn't gate if they were somewhat close to their spawn, like Nizzarr and Raavak said.

nilbog
10-11-2012, 10:10 AM
There was a radius

somewhat close to their spawn

This is how I recall it. If we had to arbitrarily create a distance, what do you think it should be?

If someone can test this and report back.. even better.

Orruar
10-11-2012, 10:45 AM
I'd say the distance was in the range of 100-300. If I had to give a single number, I'd say 200.

nilbog
11-14-2012, 12:30 PM
bump for someone testing this or providing more arbitrary distances.

nilbog
01-26-2013, 11:29 AM
bump for someone testing this or providing more arbitrary distances.

Nirgon
03-05-2013, 06:00 PM
Found evidence on distance:

Source (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=4578):

We fight him twice today and he never gated, our 59 warrior is used to this fight apparently and on his advice we kept the emperor in the 1st room near the door to his spawn room, He never tried to gate, I guess our warrior was right

The guy's a pansy compared to any other 60 in the game. Always drops a 57+ spell as well as his usual drops. Fight him close to the door to his room, or else he'll try to gate. If he gates, you either have to run in and fight him there (adding about 6-7 mobs) or let him slowly summon you all to your graves.

Chottal is not hard at all. We killed him in a group of three (58sk, 60rogue, 58shaman). We had rogue pull him into blood room and if you keep him near door he won't gate. Ghetto mez pet and healed when necessary. I malosini'd first b/c I was worried about resists, but I think I could have gone to slow right away. In any case both stuck first time even though he was yellow to me. The SK with his life taps needed only two or three superior heals to stay healthy. Dropped nathans sword only (lame). All in all it was alot easier than I expected. Cpypt camp in general is not hard at all to do with two or three, just need a rogue to open the door and invis to get around gaurdians (wouldn't even think of trying these).

Arbitrary distance should be between Emp Chottal spawn and near the locked door to his room. Measure them pixels.

Gate should be 20% not 5%! And should allow multiple gate attempts if away from spawn multiple times.

koros
03-06-2013, 08:52 AM
From my semi-arbitrary but usually pretty accurate recollection, mobs would gate past 100-200 units from spawn.

nilbog
03-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Here is what I have posted for development.

#1. Npcs should not choose to gate if they are within 175 distance of their spawn point.

My test: Sebilis, Emperor Chottal room. From Chottal spawn to casket in next room is ~178 distance.

http://i46.tinypic.com/1zn659k.jpg

#2. When an npc begins to cast a gate spell, it should display " %t begins to cast the gate spell" instead of "%t begins to cast a spell." This lets people know to start bashing/trying to stun.

#3. Whatever % hp an npc starts choosing to cast gate spells is wrong. It should be 20-25%. Right now it seems lower. Unless it's already casting a spell when it reaches 25% hp, it should start trying to gate, unless within the 175 distance of its spawn point. .

nilbog
03-10-2013, 12:53 PM
#1. Npcs should not choose to gate if they are within 175 distance of their spawn point. Are we sure this isn't working? I tested it on Tolapumj, and he refused to gate near his spawn point. Gimme a way to reproduce.

Also tested on Hoshkar; he wouldn't gate near spawn.

Ambrotos
03-10-2013, 02:04 PM
I had never seen any issues with this.