PDA

View Full Version : PvP guide?

rednewb
10-06-2012, 09:52 PM
I was wondering if there was a pvp guide out there I could read. Just rolled my first ever pvp char a few hours ago, so I don't really know how this all works.

tehruoh
10-06-2012, 10:30 PM
resists most important namely MR, which youll need alot of to resist root and mez (other than rapture). I still get rooted at 182 MR with nulls shit resist system, so stack it up.

Carry Crimson potions to break mez.

and pumices to dispell people.

Youll also want to get JBoots asap

rednewb
10-06-2012, 10:40 PM
Currently rocking 3 pieces of cloth and a rusty scimitar, I don't think I'll be able to get jboots any time soon lol. But I'll keep those things in mind once I get up in levels

Humerox
10-07-2012, 04:11 AM
PvP Guide:

Don't whine in tells, ooc, or on the forums when you die.

Roll a farming toon to fund your "real" character.

Learn as you go, ask questions and ignore the trolls in and out of game.

Have fun.

Don't whine in tells, ooc, or on the forums when you die.

Tumdumm
10-07-2012, 04:53 AM
good list

also

dont go to guk

runlvlzero
10-07-2012, 05:19 AM
Guk is fun. (especially if your a troll).

Classes with innate defensive ablities (sow, selo's, DA, DB, gate, shadowstep) are inherently much harder to kill in pvp. (thoughs shamans are pretty boss)

Dont be afraid to dispell yourself if you get rooted/dotted. Save crimson pots for when you seeeee a hostile enchanter, dont use it up when their in zone. Their sold along with pumice. Their the best way to deal with mez. Also bards.

Pumice works the best unless you have a "Golem Metal Wand" (which is pretty rare afaik).

The easiest way to handle clicky items is just to have a bag with them all in it on your hotbar to open and quickly swap with the clicky for dispell/buff. Have that on your main hotbar at all times. Try to plan ahead if you know someone is going to open with root/dot then have that pumice ready to go. Use everything you have at your disposal, bandages may come in handy if you can hide and you have a friend distracting or chasing away attackers. 20% hp from 2-3 bandages could make a big difference in a pvp battle.

People with sow can still outrun jboots. So sow pots are handy later on, or early to escape if you can avoid having it dispelled.

Run, jump, and strafe to get away.

Levi is something to watch out for as casters will use that to get the upper hand on melee's. Having mage levi rings, pegassas cloak or some other item to counter that is nice. (pumice might help if you can dispell your enemies i.e. their in range).

Try to carry all your plat in the form of gems, rubies, saphires etc.

Run, until you get gear and some practice at least pvp, picking your own battles and ganking is the only way to get better. Some people will still probably own you even if you try to gank them. Respect the people who own you in unrest while your getting pld, its their zone. Hide can tip the scales well against classes that don't see invis and as far as I know theres not that many see invis items around. But a dedicated PK team will get you no matter what =) Learn what the enemy classes can and cant do, rangers cant innately cast see invis for example, but can hide, warriors become much more dangerous to joust when they are berserk (may have to run when they are low if you are also low on hp), wizards can shadowstep (fight in a hall or small room instead of the open plains, get inside a hutt) etc. Don't expect guards to work 100% of the time or at all their kinda wonky in the cities.

How to get MR gear. Split paw hide mask, hollowed bone bracers, dwarven ring mail tunic, wolfs eye agate wrists, shiny brass sheild (maybe even an MM shield might be not to expensive for a newb if you find a nice high level with a spare). Blackened iron crown (easy enough to get 30+). Also searching equipment by class>slot and sorting by MR is a great way to find low level MR items on the P99 wiki. Should be able to get into the 50+ range unbuffed and 80-100 range buffed which will give you a much better chance then none. The sheilding line I think may have MR on it (I know wizards get pretty good self elemental buffs). And another quick +5 mr item is a blackenned wand for casters in befallen, MR items are all over just have to hunt them down online or ask around in game were people get their stuff.

As for jboots, super nice, but theres other clickies, telescope you can get for 100-500p, curse has offered them for sale, their also tinkered. If your a caster, you can stack your own buffs much easier with junk buffs so its less important. The goblin earing with grim aura is pretty nice too. A buff stack is were you use some junk buffs to dispell before buffing other buffs. You can easily dispell fresh buffs in the first few slots once you click the junk ones off or use them to protect your better buffs in pvp. This is probably the hardest/most important thing to learn when facing casters. And once you have a good "buff stack" you can keep yours refreshed if you dont let them drop without having to re-junk buff. I always kept MR up and at least a solid hp buff if not more. (see invis of course if you have that) is important to have at all times.

*I missed another good one, always be Anon, always have /who hotkeyed or set up on the hotbar, learn who "pk's" are and skedaddle or hide when they get in zone. If you see an unknown player who is not a "friend" in zone assume they are a foe and buff up/get mana and hp and be ready for them, set an ambush up if your prepared you can really tip the scales on someone who thought they were going to have an easy gank, or fool them into going after you. Or they may simply leave you alone if your not an easy kill. Though the really good ones will just bring more friends to tip the scales in their favor. People are aslo super lazy on this server because its got allot more antipk's to pk's and the pop is really spread out. But as always if you let your guard drop thats when your going to get struck by lightening.

Never stand still and in plain open sight, try to LOS (hide out of line of sight) everything and keep moving probably #1 tip lol (if you didnt bother to read the rest). If your a caster try to get height, or out of range or hide so you can have a few more precious seconds to cast on your enemies or heal or gate. Always try to pick the ground you fight on for your own personal tactical pleasure dont let your enemies control the fight if you can help it. Sometimes a desperate escape is all you can afford, which is what you should be doing if your not winning.

Never ever fight fair. Unless you want a fair chance of dieing =)

runlvlzero
10-07-2012, 05:46 AM
^ never seen that happen lol

Tradesonred
10-07-2012, 03:29 PM
I was wondering if there was a pvp guide out there I could read. Just rolled my first ever pvp char a few hours ago, so I don't really know how this all works.

Just keep pvping till you get the hang of it.

Oh wait, pvp xp loss... fail mechanic