PDA

View Full Version : New to P1999

Arisonius
10-05-2012, 08:59 PM
Hey guys, Just started up again and would like a hand. A bit rusty in trying to recreate how to get quests and how to find NPCs. Seems the finds and the maps don't work? Any assistance would be appreciated!

add294
10-05-2012, 09:03 PM
maps and many other features you might remember are disabled. Bringing it back to 1999.

Arisonius
10-05-2012, 09:11 PM
Right. Is there any guilds out there that cator to returning players? I have been getting keys the way I like them, but I can't figure out why I can't get quests going and whatnot, ever though I am talking to the NPCs.

deneauth
10-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Welcome to the community, always nice to see new people come aboard!

wiki.project1999.org/ is an in depth wiki site for project 1999 with start up guides for every character. Its a great way for new players to familiarize themselves with project 1999.

Bleui
10-05-2012, 11:44 PM
wiki.project1999.org/ is an in depth wiki site for project 1999 with start up guides for every character. Its a great way for new players to familiarize themselves with project 1999.

Be wary although there is a lot of useful information on the wiki. Some of the class guides give wrong information for new characters.

Welcome to the server:)

Clark
10-06-2012, 03:01 AM
EC 1-9 / Nro 9-11 or 9-12 / Oasis crocs 12-20 is the safest/quickest way to level. Excellent xp and best part is you're nearby the EC Tunnle to get tons of buffs from highend folks hanging out (just ask nicely and let them know you appreciate it). Also remember stressing over gear isn't that important especially if you're a caster. Xp > All. Welcome to the server hope it's an enjoyable experience for you.

Arisonius
10-06-2012, 06:43 AM
Thanks for the well wishes all. I will definatley be checking out that wiki site. Thanks.

Arisonius
10-06-2012, 06:53 AM
Is it worth it to quest or should I try to grind? I remember popular quests like Orc Belts and what-not, are things like that still popular?

Bubbles
10-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Is it worth it to quest or should I try to grind? I remember popular quests like Orc Belts and what-not, are things like that still popular?

The Crushbone Belt quest in Kaladim (Dorf warrior guild Canlos Nutsack or something like that) has always been a decent boost to levelling plus a lot of free patchwork armor for rewards. But yeah, for the most part it's kill monsters and get treasure.. EQ didnt give very much reward (xp or loot) for newbie quests until much later in the timeline than this server would really go to.

Bleui
10-06-2012, 02:49 PM
I think for early levels you can't beat black burrow. You can turn in singles with fangs that yield massive xp. They don't weigh nearly anything, and the run back and forth from black burrow and the quest turn in isn't nearly as annoying as the run for the Crushbone belts. Another thing to note is the crushbone belts don't stack, and weigh a lot.

But it all depends where you like spending your time more. Black Burrow is kinda in the boonies, unless you start out in Halas or Qeynos. I like grouping in Crushbone more myself tho. The thing that is really neat about black burrow is you can solo way easy there, because you mainly just farming fangs not mobs for xp.

But after around 15, you won't really be doing quests for a good source of xp. (As far as my knowledge goes anyway.)

davedeck42
10-06-2012, 06:36 PM
after getting to 15 or so in blackburrow move to bandits in the karanas and farm sashes, dont weigh much and you turn them in for so so exp but bronze weaps and money.. can make a few hundred plat that way while earning good safe exp.

Clark
10-07-2012, 05:49 PM

Get a port near ec and bind freeport for the best xp brother. Check my post above about getting tunnle buffs. Quests are overrated you don't need to quest at all. All about grinding as many mobs as you can for solid xp. Money and will come easier 30+. Happy hunting and all the best :cool: Trust the 10 yr vet.