PDA

View Full Version : Monk solo?

Mythdar
10-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Looking for 50+ monk solo locations? Any ideas would be great, thanks guys!

pasi
10-05-2012, 03:28 AM
In general, stay out of Kunark.

SolB was the definitive 50-60 monk solo spot. If you got money (and a fungi/T-staff/fbss+ already), buy a white gold necklace (500), a frog crown (2k), and a wurm scale coat (8k or so).

SolB Bats 51-55 - stun with a DD component so it's resisted a lot even with low MR, but a tiny bit of MR doesn't hurt. Low HP/DPS for the mob levels.

SolB LDCs 55+. Really low hp/dps for the mob level. With decent FR (Frog Crown + Wurm Scale Coat + White Gold Necklace), you should resist the DoT most of the time. Bring pumice for when the DoT does land and buy a bracer of the hidden if you don't know how to check for Guano without it.

HHK Nobles 51-55 (Can bind, bank, and buy/sell food and bandages in the same zone, perfect). Another viable option, nobles are rogues so they have low HP.

The Hole Entrance 51+ (can go deeper as mobs light blue out)

These are all good since you can bind nearby, there's bandage vendors not terribly far, and the mob HP levels are pretty low relative to similar level mobs.

Lower Guk (Dar-Hall) is also an option, but SolB/HHK is superior in every way. Stay the fuck out of live side though, mobs running with sow into healers and friends is not a recipe for success.

Mythdar
10-05-2012, 06:01 PM
Thanks Pasi

theguyy
10-06-2012, 04:00 AM
Any more spots some experienced monks could add, solo wise. From 1-60?

Thanks

pasi
10-06-2012, 05:44 AM
You're a monk - basically deathproof provided you aren't a complete homer. Basically, chase the ZEMs.

HHK is the best monk spot from basically 30 until 54 imo. You can bind there, it has almost the largest ZEM in the game, you can use sneak to buy/sell food and bandages. There is even a fucking bank to bank the crazy amount of platinum guards will give you.

Unrest is also solid from 15-40. It's definitely worse than HHK on basically every level other than

For 1-15, Iksars go to FoB/Kurns.
Humans - abuse Gnoll Fangs from 1-20 if in Qeynos or player buffs (Thorns/Regen) in EC.

theguyy
10-07-2012, 03:39 AM
Thanks for the info. Does this hold true for the new monks in crappy gear? Or would I have to wait until 35 to take on guards?

godbox
10-07-2012, 10:43 PM
if ur new duo is ur best friend without fungi/haste/good weps ull always gain more duo with.... shaman
you guessed it

theguyy
10-08-2012, 11:22 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I hit up unrest and was able to plow everything near my level by myself. The problem I found was as soon as a couple decent people enter the zone all the mobs just vanish. So I found LOIO a much better solo zone at the moment. Warsilk was also good if I could group it, are there anymore really good spots from 25-35. Considering the sub par gear.