PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous: Item Issue: VP key should be body bound and not soul bound for a while

Nirgon
10-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Not sure your plans for the time line, but the VP key needs to be body bound not soul bound for a while.

nilbog
10-04-2012, 10:35 AM
You are correct. It was not only for VP, but all keys which later became soulbound. There was no support for handling these cases until July 2000, when they made these and others soulbound.

This is not something that is planned for r99 because we had no support for limiting items per era when either server (pve/pvp) was initially released. If this persisted for longer than a few months on the timeline, I would make it happen.

Keyed Dungeons: The key for Charasis (Howling Stones) is now NODROP per the patch message from a couple of weeks ago. Furthermore, when your character dies, keys for Charasis, Sebilis, and Veeshan's Peak, will no longer remain with your corpse, but will instead return with your character to its bind point. We made this change to reduce the difficulty and corpse-loss potential of these zones, and eliminate the need to do the key quests multiple times.
http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20000719.html

Nirgon
10-04-2012, 02:02 PM
Just when I am about to lose hope, big Nilbog always steps in.

On a personal note, thanks for always trying to keep it classic big dog.

Nirgon
10-04-2012, 03:16 PM
Add sleeper key to the list

nilbog
10-07-2012, 07:24 AM
Add sleeper key to the list

This one is..

MARCH 19, 2002

Sleeper's Tomb Key is now Soulbound.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020319.html

Soulbound in Luclin

Nirgon
10-08-2012, 02:43 PM
Well ain't you sharp as a tack.

That was more of a caveat regarding that particular key so you could hit two birds with one stone while you're going through. Not that anyone is going to be raiding Sleeper on day 1, but maybe on week 2. I wasn't sure its base value/setup here so I dropped a mention.

Hopefully Sleeper's will be an FFA zone here like VP.
(^ commentary on this elsewhere not in this thread!)