PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Getting Weapons Back from dead Charmed Pets

Splorf22
10-01-2012, 12:45 PM
This is classic but not implemented due to concerns over transferring no-drop items. So why not simply add all droppable items to the loot table when they pet receives them?

Nordenwatch
10-05-2012, 02:46 PM
100% agree. I'm so tired of stockpiling pet weps

cyryllis
10-06-2012, 01:29 AM
yeah at least let dropable weapons get reclaimed from pets.

Raemius
10-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Found some potential evidence from 2003, not conclusive but indicative that looting weapons off dead charm's may have been possible:

http://www.therunes.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=1172

I can help you with some of these. The summoned pets duel weild at a certain level (I forget which but look in the descriptions for animation spells on caster's realm). You can NOT get weapons back from summoned pets, but for charmed pets you can get them back by looting their dead corpse.

also, only certain kinds of mobs can weild weapons (eg: I don't think a sword does any good to a frog). I don't think it really matters on level.

I didn't really mess with charming much till level 40ish.. Great Divide was great for charm soloing.

Ele
10-29-2012, 12:53 PM
Kael Giants with Yaks were awesome.

Lazortag
10-29-2012, 12:57 PM
This is classic but not implemented due to concerns over transferring no-drop items. So why not simply add all droppable items to the loot table when they pet receives them?

Actually, it has nothing to do with no drop items. It was disabled because of a duping exploit (hilariously, most emu servers haven't disabled it). I think Kanras said he'd fix it one day but that it would require 80 hours of work, so let's wait for velious first.

Splorf22
10-29-2012, 02:44 PM
I really don't see how it could be hard. My understanding is that the loot table for each mob is checked when it spawns, and then it just has a list of items (thats how guides can see which mobs have RBGs and such). Adding an item to that table should be a 1 liner, with another to check if its nodrop.

But hey I have never seen the code.

Splorf22
12-30-2012, 01:38 PM
3 month bump!