PDA

View Full Version : Spells: particle effect "upgrades"

Tecmos Deception
09-28-2012, 10:09 PM
What I mean by upgrades is, when a level 1 casts minor shielding, the particle effects are green and only green. Later on, orange gets added in. Still later, blue gets added in.

On live, I recall the first "upgrade" to particle effects coming at 25, and the second at 50. I just made 39 with my enchanter on p99 though and am getting the red+orange+blue on shielding spells already.

Can't find anything about this in a quick google search, and it's not a big deal. I was just curious if anyone else remembered this like I did, or if my memory is just off.

Vermicelli
09-29-2012, 01:04 AM
I remember this being brought up kinda recently.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=65450&highlight=particle+effect

I don't remember what level the blue particles were added to the spell effects on live, but 39 seems acceptable to me. Prior to my linked "fixed, pending update," blue particles on some spells were actually being applied way before level 39.

Dullah
09-29-2012, 06:04 AM
I know they were in before 50, because when I got 44 on my wizard I remember the first thing I did was cast conflagration and was amazed at how huge the particle effect was (poor bb dwarf). I later noticed that all spells had new effects.

Nirgon
09-29-2012, 06:15 PM
Its 1, 24, 39

Not looking up anything tho thx

koros
10-01-2012, 02:12 PM
The levels Nirgon mentioned are correct.

Telin
10-21-2012, 11:44 PM
I remember being so excited for levels 24 and 39 because I loved how the spell effects progressed. No other games does this, not even the new spell effects that replaced these effects later in EQ.

Telin
10-24-2012, 08:14 AM
So I figured out it must be the eqgame.exe for the most part. Because classic effects are still broken on EQMac if u run it with an eqgame.exe file that is newer than 2004 or so. The effects do come out of the hands properly though (going down) instead of up, but many particles were still missing or showing up too early in level. WTB Verant dev to fix it lol.

Nirgon
01-15-2013, 02:01 PM
Sup on this one?

Telin
02-25-2013, 03:44 AM
Spell particle effects are extremely complex. The pre-luclin ones are working on eqmac if you delete the spellsnew files. http://imageshack.us/a/img854/8381/test1lt.jpghttp://imageshack.us/a/img690/9443/test2iwa.jpg

However, even if you play on a mac and don't delete these files the healing effect and a few others will be incomplete. The effect now looks like the healing you see on this server, just two blue streams from hands and a ring of blue around the target. My suspicion is that it happened after they updated to their newer Intel client which may be based on a client that used the revamped spell effects that live uses now. The way the broken healing animation behaves is similar to the behavior of the bright white cloud-like healing effect the live servers use with the casters hands having particles and the target getting one rising particle effect. It must not even be easy for them to fix.

Nirgon
02-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Pras mac