PDA

View Full Version : the spiral of death

mitic
09-25-2012, 03:52 AM
at this point id consider a server reset and back to classic with YT enabled. noone is srsly going to join the server as a complete newb at this point and we don't have the pop to justify the current 1.0.

it's just going to be worse from now on than it was at the beginning of this year (20players online)

I see the new 2.0 with a playerbase of 150+ players since it would attract blue players and ppl who jumped ship would come back. eq is all about replayability and those sayin they would quit with a wipe, won't.

Atennu
09-25-2012, 04:00 AM
No, it's time to pull life support on the pvp server once and for all. You kids had your fun, wipe the server put a fresh blue server up with current blue - and watch as you have 4-5 guilds compete for classic dragons.

Fuck red and everything it stands for

Smedy
09-25-2012, 04:04 AM
How do you compete though, there's no competition, you just sit straight out and wait until the dragon spawn, yes/no?

Blue is cool since it has a population, but i doubt it has anything to do with people from blue being better.

It's probably because blue had a lot of shit red99 never had from the start, i heard blue for example had global ooc for a long while, while red99 never had it when it mattered.

mitic
09-25-2012, 04:06 AM
No, it's time to pull life support on the pvp server once and for all. You kids had your fun, wipe the server put a fresh blue server up with current blue - and watch as you have 4-5 guilds compete for classic dragons.

wrong board matey, this is red and will stay red

Atennu
09-25-2012, 04:09 AM
If there was an alternate blue server i'd like to see a different set of raid rules than current server. Many good rules were discussed in server chat way in mid 2010 can easily pick one of those out rather than FTE.

Seeing blue start fresh now then when i first started (december 2009) would be amazing. No ooc, alot of bug fixes and just seeing EVERYONE fresh would make competition thrive.

You can keep restarting red over and over, and the server is always going to fall under a max population of 40 people. No one is just that interested it seems like. I'm all for in playing what you love, which is why i still play p99 rather than newer MMOs but why should 40 people have a server when we could see potentially 1200 people in a classic box on blue.

Atennu
09-25-2012, 04:10 AM
wrong board matey, this is red and will stay red

I'm sorry, you red's shit up the regular RnF all the time. I'll post where i please.

Smedy
09-25-2012, 04:10 AM
Red would be thriving if:

We had YT and Global OOC from start with boosted group exp and didn't have a lead GM that was involved in RMT and also punished one guild for doing things to raid targets while not punishing other guilds doing the same thing.

RMT is a bluebie thing, you bluebies sicken me straight up son

Atennu
09-25-2012, 04:12 AM
If red had a population like you think YT would give you, you'd also have RMT so don't make that an exclusive blue thing.

runlvlzero
09-25-2012, 04:13 AM
Atenuu come rule the box with an ironfits and greif everyone off so that u can get your blue server, powers in your hands, pst to miria or farraya and i'll come buff u in newb yard

but i doublt you'd be able to make the cut here anyway, not even solo on a necro to 60

I fuckin dare ya ;p

Atennu
09-25-2012, 04:16 AM
I play EQ for competition and Nostalgia buddy.

The only competition red has is staying active (lol).

This extra server could be used in so many better ways

runlvlzero
09-25-2012, 04:18 AM
Mitic don't feed the trolls we just need more of these shit talkers to come play, they'd see its all kittens and rainbows and shit here 99% of the time and be more then happy to help out pop

Also why not advertise that all that bad shit in the past is over with. I think server has a good chance for a fresh start if people slowly stick around, but pvp has its attrition.... if we kept 25% of the people that jumped on that'd be good

most people prefer the absolute security of blue... theres nothing wrong with that cant change it, just be proud that you on red with your shiny pixels mitic, be proud wizard of the red

runlvlzero
09-25-2012, 04:19 AM
We got a pro guild just for you, they'd probably give you a starter set with your legendery pve skills and pl you to 60, why dont you app to nihi, they probably take apps directly from blue

runlvlzero
09-25-2012, 04:21 AM
might even get a chance at some vp gear attenu wont have to wait in line, but you'd have to earn it by keeping your guild family alive here.

runlvlzero
09-25-2012, 04:24 AM
this deserves a quad post lol

http://static1.fjcdn.com/comments/Don+t+feed+the+trolls+_5cc6fc3b3b16fecf8d44f14604a cdfa4.jpg

Atennu
09-25-2012, 04:30 AM
Sure thing big dick. I love waking up to reading RnF's to find another bipolar message from you to the 40 people on your server about how to properly group and xp! It's charming.

Taunting me because i merely suggest to ruin your sandbox of 40 people to give to a possible 1200 people isn't going to make me side with you. Red is dead, you're all winners for griefing each other off the server!

runlvlzero
09-25-2012, 04:36 AM
You have a fantastic imagination sir. Enjoy your days reading my lulz ass rants that seem to get so many of you upset enough to come over to our RnF and cry like a bitch about not having enough space to share your blue raid mobs in.

runlvlzero
09-25-2012, 04:37 AM
More like what would happen is blue would end up splitting its pop between two servers and thered be 2 half assed maybe barely ok zergs on each, and a bunch of shitty guilds that could never even compete on blue. Wow, 2, 300 pop servers with one shit guild each, sounds like a plan to me.

mitic
09-25-2012, 04:38 AM
you already have your prospering blue server. stay there.

Atennu
09-25-2012, 04:40 AM
You slaying dragons bro? You slaying other reds? With 26 of you online right now i bet the pvp is insane!

Add me on LoL tho if you think you can out skill me in a game of mechanics

runlvlzero
09-25-2012, 04:41 AM
Oh and sorry mitic before i got distracted by the bluebie and started derailing your thread some.

Ummm yeah I would actually be ok with it even though ive invested quite a bit of time farming gear a fresh start wouldnt hurt me but I'de never ask for it on behalf of the 10-20 people still hanging in there, they deserve a bit more time i think.

mitic
09-25-2012, 04:42 AM
why don't you both take it to pm's and stop shittin up this thread ?

runlvlzero
09-25-2012, 04:44 AM
I said i was done bro easy boy... lol P.S. this is RNF were we can push the bounderies on forum pvp

Dullah
09-25-2012, 06:38 AM
I can tell you the vast majority of the active pop right now would never come back to play seriously after a wipe. We discussed it when it was the big idea on the forums months ago, and without exception, no one was interested in the slightest at the idea of doing classic over again.

Server needs a lot of help, and its only going to struggle harder and harder. GW2, new wow expac, now Darkfall announces unholy wars. I myself can't see playing here as the population continues to thin without any of the suggestions ever put into place. Stuff like YT, XP bonus moved to group only, fixes being applied timely (fungi tunic broken for a month on red until it had to be fixed for blue) and naked blue>red char transfers are the things the server is in dire need of. I love EQ, but so many people in this community are easily enticed by new games when they see the one they want to play being neglected.

mitic
09-25-2012, 06:49 AM
a one time naked blue xfer might be a better solution than a wipe. hopefully guilds sick of FTE would hop over bringing added competition

Smedy
09-25-2012, 07:07 AM
I think pop would pick back up rather quickly if they just took away penalties for hybrid classes / non solo classes and bumped the group xp tremendously, and on that added yellow text.

Starwars time keeps us from getting this, solution, ddos starwars time servers?

Discuss!

Nizzarr
09-25-2012, 07:08 AM
a one time naked blue xfer might be a better solution than a wipe. hopefully guilds sick of FTE would hop over bringing added competition

They rather have TMO humonguous cock fuck their ass over and over on blue than try red.

It's called fear, and its powerful.

Smedy
09-25-2012, 07:17 AM
supreme would open his third chin and consume all fresh bluebies into the raid machine, just bump exp so my vztz pals can make comeback and without a certain banned gm giving them cybersex on the sidelines there will be legit wars

mitic
09-25-2012, 07:18 AM
They rather have TMO humonguous cock fuck their ass over and over on blue than try red.

think positively !

Dullah
09-25-2012, 07:43 AM

Rofl. Apparently so. Not saying a transfer would be a cure all, but it might make things interesting. I honestly think a lot of the blue players would enjoy EQ pvp more than they'd anticipate given the incentive (char copies) to start here again with a more stable, more enjoyable server.

Ultimately, it all boils down to whether or not Rogean is willing to put the time into red necessary to keep it alive. Thus far, he hasn't. I've enjoyed my stay, and hopefully will continue to. I'm thankful for what they've provided for free, but there simply has to be more of a willingness to give the community enough of what they want to continue generating interest in the server. MMOs rely on perpetuating population. EQ pvp is a small niche and unfortunately requires more attention to keep people logging in. Otherwise, they will seek to quench their pvp thirst somewhere else.

KefkaPalazzo
09-25-2012, 08:15 AM
tried my hardest to be proactive about this. no need to say anything other than i warned you all. rip red, you were fun and glad i got to play eq one more time.

karsten
09-25-2012, 08:23 AM
every time I log on eq i have fun with people that i like. I think more people should do that. Also Atennu is a penisvagina, and if dullah is threatening to leave if something changes, then that's change I can believe in pals

KefkaPalazzo
09-25-2012, 08:27 AM
i miss my pals but at the same times its nice to have a population and pvp on live. really considering forking over 15 bucks and beating rogeans ass in star wars. game looks like crap but i will have my revenge.

http://www.twitch.tv/rogean/b/328370027

^Rogean, you have trolled me on this box. I plan to knock the chloridians off your 3rd chin.

Herb9
09-25-2012, 08:40 AM
If there was an alternate blue server i'd like to see a different set of raid rules than current server. Many good rules were discussed in server chat way in mid 2010 can easily pick one of those out rather than FTE.

Seeing blue start fresh now then when i first started (december 2009) would be amazing. No ooc, alot of bug fixes and just seeing EVERYONE fresh would make competition thrive.

You can keep restarting red over and over, and the server is always going to fall under a max population of 40 people. No one is just that interested it seems like. I'm all for in playing what you love, which is why i still play p99 rather than newer MMOs but why should 40 people have a server when we could see potentially 1200 people in a classic box on blue.

I couldn't imagine a sissier way of spending my time online than waiting in line for my turn at killing a monster. To this day I don't understand the point of blue Everquest servers, or blue servers of any game or any mmo.

So if 5 raid clans want the same mob that spawns once a week, you get to kill it once every 5 weeks? That's the kind of behavior I see out of cows at the ranch, waiting their turn for a salt lick. Where's your Y chromosome? You actually have to schedule your free-time around the needs of OTHER online clans. How emasculating is that?

You want to practice politics go wait tables while the businessmen slowly get stoned.

See how you competitively settle disputes in my sig.

Nizzarr
09-25-2012, 09:01 AM
I'd like yellow text as well =( We've been talking about it so much, GMs have also been talking about it.

Do we have to go grief rogean on star wars to get it?! is he working on a super version of it and thats whats taking time? can we just get the normal YT?

I'm all for things that brings people to this server.

Smedy
09-25-2012, 09:11 AM
Nizarr arrange your neckbeard army and fuck rogean up in starwars and we will see things happening in no time

Redeem your sins son

KefkaPalazzo
09-25-2012, 09:19 AM
Nizarr arrange your neckbeard army and fuck rogean up in starwars and we will see things happening in no time

Redeem your sins son

purchase complete, downloading now. gonna knock the mini chloridians off of rogeans chin. this is samwise final battle. see you all in the afterlife.

Smedy
09-25-2012, 09:42 AM
pras

Nirgon
09-25-2012, 10:07 AM
No, leave this box alone

I enjoy watching

KefkaPalazzo
09-25-2012, 10:09 AM
my hands are clean, i was baptized in green monster. download for star wars almost complete. gonna whoop that jedi ass if i can ignore the horrible game.

bigeasy
09-25-2012, 10:12 AM
mitic,, your intentions are clear i think it is best you just go back to blue,. how many times have you deguilded from Red Dawn when the going is tough??? the only interest you have in a server wipe is aligning with the right people from the start,, lesbianist here

Graahle
09-25-2012, 10:12 AM
purchase complete, downloading now. gonna knock the mini chloridians off of rogeans chin. this is samwise final battle. see you all in the afterlife.

Preach!

CrystalBlue
09-25-2012, 10:21 AM
at this point id consider a server reset and back to classic with YT enabled. noone is srsly going to join the server as a complete newb at this point and we don't have the pop to justify the current 1.0.

it's just going to be worse from now on than it was at the beginning of this year (20players online)

I see the new 2.0 with a playerbase of 150+ players since it would attract blue players and ppl who jumped ship would come back. eq is all about replayability and those sayin they would quit with a wipe, won't.

Nope, what a server reset would do is most of the people currently playing would move on for good.

Then the failures that come back for this "reset" will once again find things to bitch about and quit for good.

1+1= no one playing on the server.

Horrible idea. How about instead you rejoin <Red Dawn> and continue to grow with them and play the game legitimatly instead of asking for impossible "do overs".

CrystalBlue
09-25-2012, 10:23 AM

lol a reset blue server is a even more retarded idea.

Reset blue = half the current blue players move on and quit for good, and you are left with a half pop blue.

1+1 = you are worse off then you started. Instead of asking for impossible "do overs" how about organizing yourselves better so you can contest TMO (or wtf ever you bluebies do) more?

CrystalBlue
09-25-2012, 10:26 AM
You slaying dragons bro? You slaying other reds? With 26 of you online right now i bet the pvp is insane!

Slaying dragons and the spiroc lord with just 20. You sound mad TMO wont let you do any of that. Oh well, stay mad bro. People on red doing what u cant, case in point:

http://i46.tinypic.com/2q8aqex.jpg

Feels guud, man.

Nirgon
09-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Gee wonder if Sirran in being charmed aka not classic here.

This is now a ship sinking image thread:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qzRKPxVkci8/S60l--BrlpI/AAAAAAAAAGA/jBB7ErdMfs8/s400/south+korean+ship+sinking.jpg

Nirgon
09-25-2012, 10:29 AM
The truth is pvp resists need work and so do raid mobs and pulling mechanics.

I'd wager more people left over guard assist and lag than any amount of griefing any of us have been able to muster. Face it.

CrystalBlue
09-25-2012, 10:30 AM
Gee wonder if Sirran in being charmed aka not classic here.

This is now a ship sinking image thread:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_qzRKPxVkci8/S60l--BrlpI/AAAAAAAAAGA/jBB7ErdMfs8/s400/south+korean+ship+sinking.jpg

Im told was just one enchanter in air and he did not have dictate. You sound mad.

CrystalBlue
09-25-2012, 10:32 AM

26 you say? Why yes, Trakanon was dropped by 26 players most of whom were nowhere close to being level 60.

Are you mad reds are slaying-the-dragon while you are stick farming lguk on blue?

ouch:

http://i50.tinypic.com/kawed.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/2remrsj.jpg

done with 26 people..

hang in there Red Dawn.

Nirgon
09-25-2012, 10:32 AM
You see that fix to Shadoo + poison resist stacking?

Stop screwing up my ships thread. Hopefully Sirran will be fixed soon.

CrystalBlue
09-25-2012, 10:35 AM
You see that fix to Shadoo + poison resist stacking?

Stop screwing up my ships thread. Hopefully Sirran will be fixed soon.

I'm told do to dispel issues , all the AE's with dispel components are unresistable damage. I'm also told they still get dropped by flys by a small skilled raid force most of whom are not 60.

The knife cuts both ways, and you sound mad. (and jealous)

Lets hear some probs out of you for all the dragon kills done w/ unresistable AEs... (oh and the Spiroc lord droping to 20 without dictate).

Oh... Did I mention I'm told the Spiroc Lord was also duel wielding? I wonder if holocaust can handle that sort of thing.. oh wait.

Nirgon
09-25-2012, 10:48 AM
you sound mad

No u

Safon
09-25-2012, 10:52 AM
The losers now residing on LoZ likely ruined any chance of significant migration from blue to red. Why didn't you decent red folks said anything when they were shitting up our forums day in and day out, which was likely seen as approval if not support for their asshatery?

The good thing that came from the bile that was Holocaust was seeing them griefed off the server by bluebie migrants. After all that shit talking...lol what a pathetic show

CrystalBlue
09-25-2012, 10:55 AM
The losers now residing on LoZ likely ruined any chance of significant migration from blue to red. Why didn't you decent red folks said anything when they were shitting up our forums day in and day out, which was likely seen as approval if not support for their asshatery?

The good thing that came from the bile that was Holocaust was seeing them griefed off the server by bluebie migrants. After all that shit talking...lol what a pathetic show

yeah lol, was pretty funny. They got so crushed, ended their dreams of classic red EQ for all time.

I guess pvp without MQ, training and the like is not so ez.

Lucky
09-25-2012, 11:06 AM
So glad I was able to take a shit before work today, now I won't have to hold it in.

Greegon
09-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Server wipe could be a bad idea though---what if it just dies again? While it is hard for me to advocate a server wipe and I do have fun grouping up with all my good pals doing blueb things I'll admit server still in dire health. Needs more TLC and attention in here preez!:(

Greegon
09-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Soo... who wants to play darkfall:unholy wars with me :D

RenianVZ
09-25-2012, 02:11 PM
<-

KefkaPalazzo
09-25-2012, 02:12 PM
doing research on animal learning for my ethology class.

Play it and find out... On second thought don't play it. If you're involved in college you really wanna graduate. EQ will addict you so much you'll forget about work. I don't know why it is. I really HATE RPG's but EQ is just extremely fun. It's got a weird aura about it, all I can say. [m, 16]

Almost everyone who has taken an introductory psychology course in high school or college has heard of B.F. Skinner. Skinner is an important figure in Behaviorism, and developed a learning theory known as Operant Conditioning. Skinner claimed that the frequency of a given behavior is directly linked to whether it is rewarded or punished. If a behavior is rewarded, it is more likely to be repeated. If it is punished, it becomes suppressed. This deceptively simple and straight-forward theory may explain why EverQuest is so addictive.

The rewards cycle in EverQuest begins with instant gratifications. When you start a new character, everything you need to do is close by - finding the guildmaster; finding mobs to kill. The first few mobs you attack die in several swings and you make level 2 in about 5 kills. By the time you make level 3 half an hour later, you are more aware of the underlying skill points, the accumulation of money, and gain a desire to get better equipment. Gradually, it takes longer and longer to get to the next level. The simple tasks that you did to improve trade skills have become trivial, but the rewards you get - the blue skill points and the metal bits - drive you to perform tasks more elaborate than before because trivial tasks are no longer rewarded. The one-click reward disappears, and is gradually replaced by rewards that take more and more clicks to get. And suddenly, some of us find ourselves clicking away for hours in front of a forge or jewellery kit.

This process of guiding an individual to perform more and more elaborate and complex tasks is known as shaping in Operant Conditioning. It is usually explained in textbooks in conjunction with Skinner Boxes. Skinner boxes are small glass or plexi-glass boxes equipped with a combination of levers, food pellets, and drinking tubes. Laboratory rats are placed into Skinner boxes and conditioned to perform elaborate tasks. At first, the rat is rewarded with a food pellet for facing the lever. Then it is rewarded if it gets closer to the lever. Eventually, the rat is shaped to press the lever. Once the rat learns that pressing the lever is rewarded, a food pellet does not need to be dropped every time and the rat will still continue pressing the lever. It is in the same way that EverQuest shapes players to pursue more and more elaborate blacksmithing or tailoring combinations. Moreover, EverQuest players continue to attempt elaborate combinations in the face of many costly failures.

There are several schedules of reinforcement that can be used in Operant Conditioning. The most basic is a fixed interval schedule, and the rat in the Skinner Box is rewarded every 5 minutes regardless of whether it presses the lever. Unsurprisingly, this method is not particularly effective. Another kind of reinforcement schedule is the fixed ratio schedule, and the rat is rewarded every time it presses the lever 5 times. This schedule is more effective than the fixed interval schedule. The most effective method is a random ratio schedule, and the rat is rewarded after it presses the lever a random number of times. Because the rat cannot predict precisely when it will be rewarded even though it knows it has to press the lever to get food, the rat presses the lever more consistently than in the other schedules.

A random ratio schedule is also the one that EverQuest uses. Both melee and trade skill points increase after a random number of attempts. You know you won't get skill points unless you practice the skill, but you don't know how many attempts it will take to get another skill point. Level increases also take a random number of kills. You know that you won't gain a level by standing around, but you don't know exactly how many mobs you need to kill. Because the time it takes to level can be estimated however, one might argue that level increments follow a fixed ratio rather than a random ratio schedule. It is the presence of experience penalties from dying that randomizes this estimation, because it is hard to estimate deaths. The ability for certain classes to use effective strategies (druid quad-kiting for example) at certain levels also means that a higher level may be completed in less time than the level before it. Veteran players know that just because you can get a bubble of experience in half an hour today doesn't mean you can do it again tomorrow, because class demand and grouping conditions change even in the same zone from day to day.

A completely transparent experience points system would be a fixed ratio schedule because you have a very good grasp of how many more solo kills it takes to gain a level. Thus, if EverQuest exposed the underlying numerical experience points and told you how many points a mob gave you, and how much more experience you need to gain a level, it would be less effective as a reinforcement schedule. A system that can most effectively hint at progress without sacrificing this opacity maximizes the random ratio schedule, and this is why the recently implemented blue macro-view line in the experience bar enhances the schedule already in place. This is particularly true for mid-level players who would get frustrated by the normal experience bar that moved too slowly, and thus made them feel that progress was not being made.

The presence of multi-layered and overlapping goals in the game allow players to pursue multiple rewards concurrently. You need more experience to gain levels so you can kill bigger creatures. Along the way, you need more money to buy better equipment. You may want to develop trade skills, complete quests, travel across Norrath, or camp a rare spawn. Most of the time, you'll be doing several of these at the same time. In fact, the game forces you to. You can't keep up with mobs if you level but don't buy new gear. You can't continue blacksmithing if you run out of money. What this means is that you're always close to a goal - a reward. You are seldom far away from all possible rewards.

But something more intensely provoking has happened in EverQuest which makes it addictive. Another frequently encountered figure in introductory psychology textbooks is Maslow, known for his proposed hierarchy of needs. Maslow sees human needs in a pyramid scheme. At the bottom are basic hunger and thirst needs. Then follows security. At the top of the pyramid are aesthetic needs and personal achievements, which would only be possible on a strong foundation of sated hunger and security needs. Thus, even though personal achievements are more rewarding than filling an empty stomach, these achievements are only possible once you've filled your stomach. But EverQuest makes it possible for Joes and Janes to become heroes. EverQuest makes it so that you can slay Vox in a guild raid on an empty stomach. What happens when people can feel achievement through continuous mouse-clicking? What happens when these achievements are more rewarding than "real life" achievements? And what if it's easier to click the mouse than to cook dinner?

One important tenet of Operant Conditioning is that behaviors are not inherently rewarding - they are made rewarding through reinforcement. It is the shaping process in EverQuest that makes the in-game "achievements" rewarding. It is the shaping process that make "achievements" achievements. People who don't play EQ don't see the appeal in clicking "COMBINE" in front of a forge for hours. They don't see why players would camp Quillmane or ice cougars for hours, even days, for an item that usually doesn't drop. To outsiders, the time players spend playing the game is mind-boggling. But it's hard for those of us inside the construct to realize this because the game has conditioned us to pursue these rewards.

Many things set EverQuest apart from other available computer games. Unlike other RPG's, there is no story-line or super-ordinate goal. In fact, there really isn't even any kind of plot, which allows the player to feel in control. Games like Diablo II give constant instant gratification, and do not gradually take more and more time to reach rewards. Game-play at level 25 in Diablo feels just like game-play at level 10, whereas that is not the case in EverQuest. No one would play Diablo if you needed to camp a mob that only sometimes dropped an item. In fact, no one would play Diablo if you had to wait for a mob to spawn. But what sets EverQuest apart is that it is multi-layered and complicated in a way that few other games are. Everything from trade skills to faction, from mobs to their loot, from zones to planes, is complex and well-textured. Finally, it is different because it is massively multi-player, but while most multiplayer games are completely destructive, EverQuest has a decidedly constructive and cooperative tone to it. There is no blood in the game. No disemboweled intestines splatter on your screen. Instead, players often find themselves chatting while waiting for a mob to spawn. The ranger may be fletching as he recounts a particularly close battle. The warrior chugs some Dwarven Ale. There may be some emotes with playful, sexual overtones. In contrast with Quake or Diablo, this scene feels awfully relaxed and idyllic.

The massively-multiplayer nature of the game takes the virtual construct one step beyond just an elaborate Skinner Box. The problem with many people is that you can't have one box tailored to all of their reinforcement needs. But having them all in their separate Skinner Boxes is not interesting. The internet solves this problem by allowing individually tailored Skinner Boxes interact with others. And in this way, EverQuest has created a system of inter-connected Skinner Boxes, a Skinner Network even, where each Skinner Box is tailored to its host's needs and reinforcement schedule, and where individuals can interact with each other without sacrificing the integrity of their own construct. It is like the Matrix where everyone is isolated in their own nutrient vat, but where they can interact in a digitally-constructed world.

Click … click … click … mad typing …. Click .. click .. Click .. click … click … mad typing …

D=

uruend
09-25-2012, 02:20 PM
WIPE IT

hagard
09-25-2012, 02:22 PM
wipe is the only way. even if it doesnt work it would still be lulz to see nihilum with /200days played lose the pixels and /wrist AMIRITE??

CrystalBlue
09-25-2012, 02:29 PM
Would not change anything, wont happen, keep dreaming.

Spoiled
09-25-2012, 02:40 PM
was talking to rogean on starwars. He said wipe on 1 oct.

CrystalBlue
09-25-2012, 02:43 PM
Was just talking to him on IRC and he told me to link this:

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=732434&postcount=2

Spoiled
09-25-2012, 02:47 PM
He plays for the other team now..

bigeasy
09-25-2012, 03:15 PM
server wipe would solve nothing,, has it ever occurred to you in that peasized brain of yours,, that server population is directly affected by new games??? fucking morons, you're playing a 14 year old game,, what the fuck do you expect,, how many people do you still see turning on their god damn nintendo over their ps3?? hello??? anyone there???

there has always been a limited target audience for this server,, regardless of how it is managed, a portion of that population ran away when it got its ass handed to it,, and the rest have just moved on or tried other games,, you have to be hardcore into EQ to not at least even think about GW2, that new wow expansion and this new darkfall revision that is coming out,, seriously if you dont think that directly affects that people that logon to red99 PVP then you're kidding yourself or just delusional

wipe would do nothing but appease to the crowd that lost and sold their chars or had them banned,,

CrystalBlue
09-25-2012, 03:18 PM
wipe would do nothing but appease to the crowd that lost and sold their chars or had them banned,,

Very true, and everyone knows it.

Every crai post for a wipe = the sound of tears landing on keyboards.

mitic
09-25-2012, 03:31 PM
allow blue xfers, the sooner the better, do it!

goalie
09-25-2012, 03:33 PM
Allow training!

CrystalBlue
09-25-2012, 03:42 PM
was talking to rogean on starwars. He said wipe on 1 oct.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showpost.php?p=732471&postcount=6

heartbrand
09-25-2012, 03:43 PM
Crystalblue is a character owned by Cast that is used to troll people in game telling them the server is being shut down. Therefore you're either Cast, or your forum sig is lie. Which is it?

hagard
09-25-2012, 04:18 PM
Crystalblue is a character owned by Cast that is used to troll people in game telling them the server is being shut down. Therefore you're either Cast, or your forum sig is lie. Which is it?

INTRADESTING

hagard
09-25-2012, 04:18 PM
In all serious though something drastic needs to happen or pop will continue to bleed out until its back at 15-20 primetime

Atennu
09-25-2012, 05:25 PM
Slaying dragons and the spiroc lord with just 20. You sound mad TMO wont let you do any of that. Oh well, stay mad bro. People on red doing what u cant, case in point:

Sorry kid, i led the charge on first spiroc kill on blue.

TMO was busy RMT'ing off IB when i left the raid scene in September of 2010. Please tho, continue on!

Safon
09-25-2012, 05:38 PM
No responses as to why none the decent red players lifted a finger or made any attempt to let the blue community know that holocaust did not represent the red community?

This server is circling the drain, it's a shame the non scumbag players here didn't do more to save it

Nizzarr
09-25-2012, 05:45 PM
Wipe the blue server, ATENNU SAID SO

BigSlip
09-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Taking a break myself for a while.

classic wow pvp here i come!

JenJen
09-25-2012, 05:47 PM
red is just fine. thing will get more exciting in a month or two for sure. chill pals

BigSlip
09-25-2012, 05:49 PM
red is just fine. thing will get more exciting in a month or two for sure. chill pals

Pretty sure it will die down to 20 pop again, like last time i took time off.

o wellz

Nirgon
09-25-2012, 05:50 PM
Death spiral

BigSlip
09-25-2012, 05:50 PM
amen

Nizzarr
09-25-2012, 05:52 PM
No responses as to why none the decent red players lifted a finger or made any attempt to let the blue community know that holocaust did not represent the red community?

This server is circling the drain, it's a shame the non scumbag players here didn't do more to save it

And what is that again? everytime we'd post on the blue boards, it was only hateful response from drooling retards.

I'm not gonna spend my days fighting for this server with forum trolls, I already do my part -- I play on it every day.

Nirgon
09-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Anyone know a good game where I can get rooted by mage pets in full magic resist gear / buffs? Couple bros were talking about this and I heard it might be good.

hagard
09-25-2012, 06:46 PM

riiiight

runlvlzero
09-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Nirgon and many others deep ties to blue community pretending to be red, but desperately trying to get things changed in their favor so they have their own 1 group sandbox to play in.

Not sayin I don't have deep ties... but its obvious you guys arent picking up on the spirit of pvp. Mad sad fat and bad about game mechanics...

Its like the kids who search through 12 obscure reference manuals to find the one flaw in the rules at a tabletop rpg to save their dieing rogues life from a deathtouch.

hagard
09-25-2012, 08:00 PM
u have no clue about nirgon duder

runlvlzero
09-25-2012, 08:03 PM
Yup don't see him around, except to tell us people still on the box whats up. And that he's real pals with Kevynn appearently and a few other preeples. My post was partly a jibe to get him to come out of his little box a bit and tell us about his perfect plan and the people who can fix it all.

He seems like an alright dooder on the forums most of the times, but he is also definately one of the so called "elites" from blue that believe a hoard of angry zerglings entitles them to EQ mastery FOHer status.

Tr0llb0rn
09-25-2012, 08:04 PM
I already do my part -- I play on it every day.

Yep, this right here is the best one can do for the server, not spend all day everyday (like Nirgon) being:

like the kids who search through 12 obscure reference manuals to find the one flaw in the rules at a tabletop rpg to save their dieing rogues life from a deathtouch.

Still looking for that perfect server I see? Hold your breath while looking. The rest of us will continue playing:

hagard
09-25-2012, 08:05 PM
server bleeding out slowly needs wipe bad

runlvlzero
09-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Its like the perfect moment were picard learns to slow time, except its in EQ and its for the top dawgs of R99.

http://www.dadzoolife.com/wp-content/uploads/images/worst-10-star-trek-movie-moments-20090506035312486-000.jpg

runlvlzero
09-25-2012, 08:09 PM
server bleeding out slowly needs wipe bad

Hagard mad by default its why he makes such a great battle troll, doesnt talk much just furiously presses slam and autoattack all day while frothing at the mouth like a rabid wolf.

You sir RP troll so godamn well you are like my favorite troll warrior of all time.

hagard
09-25-2012, 08:10 PM
twat did u say???

hagard
09-25-2012, 08:10 PM
u disgusting anti pk

runlvlzero
09-25-2012, 08:12 PM
You sir RP troll so godamn well you are like my favorite troll warrior of all time.

Big letters for you senior.

EQtrader
09-25-2012, 08:12 PM
whos going to win this fight the nerd with 3 inch glasses or the fat obese 40 year old playing dungeons and dragons .. lol nerds

runlvlzero
09-25-2012, 08:13 PM
LOL so much love for you at this moment bro, you are the best. Glad I have a new label.

I respect pk's, i know it may not be coming across but I think you are a great person, and a wonderful addition to the server man

hagard
09-25-2012, 08:15 PM
intradesting

Nirgon
09-25-2012, 08:29 PM
Yup don't see him around, except to tell us people still on the box whats up. And that he's real pals with Kevynn appearently and a few other preeples. My post was partly a jibe to get him to come out of his little box a bit and tell us about his perfect plan and the people who can fix it all.

He seems like an alright dooder on the forums most of the times, but he is also definately one of the so called "elites" from blue that believe a hoard of angry zerglings entitles them to EQ mastery FOHer status.

You might notice they care a lot more about pve fixes and helping get something fixed on both servers is the way to go about getting red fixes. Who knows when lava breath will be fixed on red.

Dunno why you think I'm closely associated with Kevynn. Only people I really like around blue are Nilbog who is probably sick of me, Sirken because he's a legit GM and Treats because he knows what's up.
Everyone else is somewhere between tolerable and needing a lot of work to come back to the light.

If you think I want a 12 person server, run a few /who all Nirgon commands until it sets in. No ghost box for me thx.

runlvlzero
09-25-2012, 08:36 PM
I'm all for getting blue fixed up and shiny, red 99 IS the best pvp box right now (despite its low pop) because of blue. And I even endorse blue being a priority since thats were this entire project started.

I was a lil confused I guess it seemed like you really seemed mad about things for a second comin in here with 1 liners like.

Death spiral

And looking real mad about resists.

Anyone know a good game where I can get rooted by mage pets in full magic resist gear / buffs? Couple bros were talking about this and I heard it might be good.

Ive been rooted, and I have resisted it plenty of times, Ive talked to a few people on both sides, there's allot or extreme rants here one way or the other, but it felt as if your were beggining to take it seriously.

Man RnF is confusing as shit, sometimes its super hard to pick up sarcasm on the internet.

Anyway thanks for the educational post. I definately give you koodos for post count and being around on the project forever. I just wonder if you are jumpin to the defense of people out of loyalty or logic sometimes. Or if its just a joke lol.

Either way whats said here is just RnF bullshit. (notice I curb my mouth frothing in general quite a bit).

Woodcon Valor
09-26-2012, 09:17 AM
Still looking for that perfect server I see? Hold your breath while looking. The rest of us will continue playing:

Well said. There is nothing in this world that is perfect but some of you guys continue to complain about it and GUESS what? It's free, so shut up already!

KefkaPalazzo
09-26-2012, 09:35 AM
only epics and AAs can save the server. make it happen.