PDA

View Full Version : Bards - Lag Death

Eyry
09-24-2012, 09:47 PM
Hey All,

I have gotten pretty good at kiting a group of mobs. But every so often, i will get an instant lag spike and it will turn me 180 degrees and i run right into the group of mobs. Ultimately I die. Anyone know how to reduce the chance of this happening?

Calabee
09-25-2012, 12:40 AM
Anyone know how to reduce the chance of this happening?

Yes, dont AE kite.. it's gay anyways~

Estu
09-25-2012, 10:13 AM
If these lag spikes don't occur too often, you should still be getting enough EXP to balance out the EXP lost due to death and still level far faster than anyone else in the game. Not being a bard I don't have the best insight into minor server lag, but it's my impression that server lag doesn't happen very often - most play sessions, I don't notice a single spike. If you're getting more lag spikes, perhaps it's an issue with your Internet connection. Also, it's possible that changing how you rotate your bard during kiting (I hear there are different methods bards use) may make you more likely to survive a lag spike, since your character might end up running straight instead of turning 180 degrees.

greatdane
09-25-2012, 11:43 AM
It happens when people enter the zone, which is also why bards tend to find that they die so much more often when they move to Overthere -- people zone in so often. You can find some info about this if you dig in tech support or some of the older bard kiting threads. I can't remember exactly what it is, but it's something about running the game directly from system memory.

Eyry
09-27-2012, 07:58 PM
Keeps happening. Just now, hate this...

Eyry
09-27-2012, 09:08 PM
Ok, I had 2 successful pulls in Oasis of all the orcs at orc highway 15-20. Still noticed the delay, however, i focused less on mouse driving and more on tapping the keys. I made it a point to try and dot every pass for practice. Needless to say, I do not do this anymore because of the lag death. I will pass when the dot has either dropped off, or if a lot of mobs resisted. So in Summary:

Only mouse drive when you absolutely have to and to apply DoT
Only apply DoT when you absolutely have to

Decreases deaths LoL. Imagine that...

Eyry
09-29-2012, 09:02 AM
Bump for another lag death...