PDA

View Full Version : New to red

CrowsNest
09-23-2012, 06:52 AM
Well lookin to start up and toon over here and was thinkin ranger for the track ext....or is this a god awful bad idea? Lol

Delita
09-23-2012, 09:09 AM
server died 9 months ago id suggest investing time in RL, because any time invested here is a complete waste

Supreme
09-23-2012, 10:20 AM
server died 9 months ago id suggest investing time in RL, because any time invested here is a complete waste

Can we just start banning all the trolls and defeated whiners.

CrystalBlue
09-23-2012, 10:48 AM

Jibeken, your corpse had 5 days left on it at the south ro wiz spire.

get to it

Gustoo
09-23-2012, 12:32 PM
^ confirmed.

Ranger is pretty tough going. You don't get panic animal until velious era so your soloing is pretty hampered. If you want to do a hybrid an ogre SK is a better bet because you can fear kite pretty effectively for most of yer career.

But if you really do want to play a ranger.. it aint too bad. EXP penalty on hybrids kinda hurts though.

Personally I'd roll an iksar necro.. but pick a class you like and roll with it.

You can send me a tell in game (Gustoo) and I can give you some buffs and stuff to get you started.

aborted
09-23-2012, 12:55 PM
play whatever you want, hit me up in game if ya got any questions, punkrock.

CrystalBlue
09-23-2012, 01:26 PM
You will have a very hard time finding groups as a Ranger. You are basically a very weak class and come with a big xp penalty the group gets to partake in.

Nizzarr
09-23-2012, 02:38 PM
dont do a ranger, youll quit

JenJen
09-23-2012, 03:09 PM
so much negativity on the red forums makes me sad :(

its actually quite active most evenings euro time, so im guessing when im asleep it must be even more so.
get some levels, pick a guild, get a good set of pals and take it from there!

if u get ganked dont let it get to you, or put you off. win some lose some just like all walks of life my friend!!

Tycko
09-23-2012, 03:10 PM
The only realistic way to play a melee on this server is to either know higher levels who plan on PL'n you or start with a few good friends who you plan on leveling with. Pick up groups don't exist here. Even 50+ you will find your only grouping options are with your guildies. So if your fresh to the server you can expect to solo a LOT without a few friends to level with. So if your flying solo, i would not recommend a ranger. Besides, track here for PVP purposes doesn't seem to work as most would believe it should.

Delita
09-23-2012, 03:18 PM
Jibeken, your corpse had 5 days left on it at the south ro wiz spire.

get to it

its Jibekn and i sold my account a few months ago so you are looking for Jibekn 2.0

Tycko
09-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Sucks for the buyer of that account, hope he didn't pay too much because that character is gonna get greifed off the server a 2nd time. lol

Delita
09-23-2012, 03:32 PM
jibekn had about 250 kills 2 deaths, both deaths were from holocaust. but yes the GM's did grief me off the server. i sold him for 150k

Kevynne
09-23-2012, 04:38 PM
if you join flowers will give you free stuffs and PLs :D

Scratch&Sniff
09-24-2012, 03:59 AM
dont listen to all the people, everquest pvp is balanced, just gotta have tatics/teamwork to bring the balance to the fight. play whatever class you want to, play the class you want to play the most, dont give up, perseverance pays off, i mean, isnt that what draws alot of us to EQ, the challenge. play what you want, roleplay it, create the char you want to. the ranger life has always been a hard one. some paths are easyer then others, but if your goal is to be the top <instert class here> on the server, come to red, your not even givin that chance on blue, sure items are somthing, but does that BP really mean anything if you dont fight for the honor to wear it.

ps fuck editing, fuck spelling.

runlvlzero
09-24-2012, 04:11 AM
Servers down so brennard giving advice on the forums =P

Play whats fun is exactly right, peoples advice here, create a little nest egg with an easy char =)

Nothing will be as easy as you remembered, not until we get more people =) stickin around, and levelin up. Being able to do things yourself is always nice at the end of the day, but doesnt win the game.