PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Talisman of Shadoo and Resist poison should not stack. The Classic Trakanon and you.

Nirgon
09-21-2012, 04:45 PM
First of all here's the raw data proving these should not stack between classic through Velious, Kunark included. I recalled this from memory and then of course have the proof because this is something tangible:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2yknnkk.jpg

Second of all Trakanon's breath appears to be resistable at like 120 poison here. This spell should be on a -150 resist check and resisting it as a lvl 55 or lower char without 300 resist is very wrong to the point of making this encounter very trivial imo.

http://i49.tinypic.com/a3nkfo.jpg

Comments from Rogean / Nilbog / Kanras / etc only please (no comments from the peaut gallery). Appreciate you looking into this etc.

Applies obviously to both red and blue servers. This mob is the big undead boss / scourge of Cabilis and right now his breaths are too commonly resisted making him quite a push over compared to his original self.

Autotune
09-21-2012, 05:08 PM
First of all here's the raw data proving these should not stack between classic through Velious, Kunark included. I recalled this from memory and then of course have the proof because this is something tangible:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2yknnkk.jpg

Second of all Trakanon's breath appears to be resistable at like 120 poison here. This spell should be on a -150 resist check and resisting it as a lvl 55 or lower char without 300 resist is very wrong to the point of making this encounter very trivial imo.

http://i49.tinypic.com/a3nkfo.jpg

Comments from Rogean / Nilbog / Kanras / etc only please (no comments from the peaut gallery). Appreciate you looking into this etc.

Applies obviously to both red and blue servers. This mob is the big undead boss / scourge of Cabilis and right now his breaths are too commonly resisted making him quite a push over compared to his original self.

heh, i've had over 300 and got blasted with his breath a few times on blue @60. 120pr vs his breath on blue and I doubt you'll resist the one breath he will get off lol.

Nirgon
09-21-2012, 05:13 PM
This isn't a debate thread

(no comments from the peaut gallery)

quido
09-21-2012, 05:33 PM
Second of all Trakanon's breath appears to be resistable at like 120 poison here.

Let's see some evidence towards this ridiculous claim, Nirgon.

Nirgon
09-21-2012, 05:43 PM
Jeremy I really like you and I'll let that comment slide.

They are perfectly capable of using GM commands to adjust their level and spam this spell on themselves to check its frequency.

If you'd like to know why this fix benefits your guild the most, feel free to join my RNF thread and we can chat.

I talk to people and I know these things :).

quido
09-21-2012, 05:47 PM
This is a bug discussion forum. Let's discuss the bug. I contend that 120 PR will allow you to resist maybe one out of hundred of Trak's AEs. How many resists have you seen at 120PR?

Nirgon
09-21-2012, 05:52 PM
Let's discuss that you disagree with the above in my RNF thread.

There is no room for discussion sir, there is hard data and evidence. I am criticized for not posting enough evidence or my evidence is always spun by those trying to subvert the review process to promote their own interests.

I've asked I not be questioned in this thread, I've presented hard data. The end.

It can be looked into and fixed at the leisure of the server administrators and I have good faith, especially in Nilbog, to make the right choices when he does get around to responding to these threads.

With a -150 resist check, I'm not saying its impossible or not to resist at 200. I'm saying the ability to resist it is way easier than it should be and needs testing done by a dev at various character and resistance levels.

Further, given he is a lvl 65 NPC people lvl 55 or under should be taking hardcore poison breaths to the face.

The shadoo stack is also a general and glaring bug.

Please direct all non-classic tears here and not to bug report thread responses (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=83376)

Nizzarr
09-21-2012, 06:04 PM
I dont think anything is wrong with the trakanon ae on blue or red.

since you have access to this tool, can you check if circle of winter/summer and talisman of jacinth gave 45 resist instead of 40.

I agree that shadoo stacking with PR was probably something that happened within two patches and for a limited time only. Not something that should be on these servers.

I'm kinda getting used to the "well show us proofs or youre a retard" community here though. I dont believe nirgon is here to harm these servers but to help make it more classic. I'm also a firm believer that we need to fix glaring balance issues with these servers(invis pulling,shadoo stacking to say the least).

Nirgon
09-21-2012, 06:11 PM
I'm kinda getting used to the "well show us proofs or youre a retard" community here though. I dont believe nirgon is here to harm these servers but to help make it more classic. I'm also a firm believer that we need to fix glaring balance issues with these servers(invis pulling,shadoo stacking to say the least).

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/27145653.jpg

quido
09-21-2012, 06:16 PM
I'm not worried about being able to kill/resist Trakanon. I just think you pull figures out of your ass and treat your (often clueless) suspicions like fact. It kind of makes you look like a turkey with your occasional ridiculous claims out of left field. I have taken probably 200 Trak AEs here with varying amounts of resists (sometimes very little) and while it's not hard evidence, my experience is definitely evidence and I say that you are way the fuck off. How many Trakanon AE's have you been subjected to on P99/R99, Nirgon? I'm not sure you know this, but it is really easy to get 250+ PR even without Shadoo and Resist Poison stacking. So say they shouldn't stack, but to come here and say that Trakanon's -150 resist check isn't working and that people with 120PR are able to resist his AE just because you think people are killing him too easily or some other whimsical bullshit is just plain dumb.

Nirgon
09-21-2012, 06:19 PM
I think I'm not worried about you guys being able to kill Trakanon either.

Autotune
09-21-2012, 06:57 PM

There is no room for discussion sir, there is hard data and evidence.

I've presented hard data.

you're the one fluffing up your on thread.

Treats
09-21-2012, 07:05 PM
There could be another issue here with a hard coded check on the Resist system.

Some said that on live the maximum cap on resists was 255 (hardcoded server side) even though the client would go above this.

If you look at all of the skills (nothing over 252) it would kind of make sense. It was not overhauled to go higher until Planes of Power when the level cap was changed to 65 and skill levels were increased.

Here is the data on Lure of Ice from the Velious spdat (Notice the Very Hard to Resist):

Lure of Ice
Very Hard to Resist
Decrease Hit Points (HP) by 825 (L60)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Classes: Wiz (L60)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Range to Target: 200 feet

Skill: Evocation
Allowable Targets: All

Resistance Check: Cold

Mana Required: 320
Spell Duration: Instant
Casting Time: 4.50 seconds
Spell Recovery: 2.50 seconds

Spell cast on you: You succumb to the lure of ice.
Spell cast on someone: Soandso succumbs to the lure of ice.

Looking at Lucy in the resist adjust it shows -300:

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/spellraw.html?id=1769&source=Live

It shows it was changed on this date from 0 to -300.

This was when the new spell system was put into place before Planes of Power.

2002-09-04 11:33 Changed Resistadj from 0 to -300

(It very well could have only been shown server side before this though as the Sony database in Nirgon's earlier post from 5-1-2001 shows Poison Breath with a resist adjust of -150)

The patch notes from the spell system change:

Resistance Changes:

We've made some fairly drastic changes to the way the spell resistance system works. Previously, there was only the smallest benefit to having resists over a certain value. We've reworked resistance in its entirety, completely replacing the old system with one that is more logical.

The idea behind the changes is pretty simple: Resists should matter in a way that makes sense.

Important things to note about the new resistance system:
Resists matter more for PCs. There are now tangible differences between having 50, 150, and 250 in a given resistance, for example. Resistance buffs, bard songs, and resist gear have actual value, all the way up the line.

Could this have been in regard to the value of 255 for Spell Resists? Kinda sounds like it.

jpeute
09-22-2012, 01:49 PM
i just resisted trakanon AE poison with 110 resist poison on my shaman :/ sad face

uygi
09-22-2012, 02:02 PM
Trakanon's breath appears to be resistable at like 120 poison here.

You may have some understanding of game mechanics. MAY. You MIGHT even remember a little bit from live. But you have almost zero idea how P99 currently functions; you certainly do not have firsthand high end raiding experience on P99 (or if you do, you're in the running for dumbest forum troll ever). And your self-righteous demands based mostly on personal opinion are ridiculous.

Kudos to you for digging up what would appear to be some serious evidence though. If that database access is real and era-appropriate that's pretty badass.

kanras
09-22-2012, 10:46 PM
Fixed, pending update.

kanras
09-22-2012, 10:53 PM
Also, you didn't need to flex with the DB access and all of that. EQCaster + kunark spdat + velious spdat would have proved the same thing.

Nirgon
09-24-2012, 10:13 AM
I shall not flex again

Nirgon
09-24-2012, 11:34 AM
Might I add in addition to the likeliness that this needed a resist rate bump (in line with other dragon breaths BUT it is an all or nothing type check like EB), it should also interrupt spell casting in many cases because of the spell push on the type of poison line this is on.

Nirgon
12-05-2012, 02:02 PM
Word on the street Shadoo and resist poison still stacking

nilbog
12-06-2012, 09:05 AM
There hasn't been a patch since it was fixed.

Nirgon
02-20-2013, 02:45 PM
Bump for breath being comparatively trivial to resist versus live.

I obviously can't stand in front of Trakanon and do hard parse testing on it.

(Try on lvl 55 player with 120 poison.. noting also difference between player and npc as well.. envenomed bolt seems harder to resist)

heartbrand
02-20-2013, 03:52 PM
You keep talking about it being trivial but yet you've never raided Trakanon on this server.

Nirgon
02-20-2013, 04:01 PM
I've raided Trakanon on blue many, many times. Jeremy knows how deep I lurk but is forbidden to permit such information.

Where do you think that staff of the four I linked myself for trolling ooc came from? Hm? Hm?

SamwiseRed
02-20-2013, 04:35 PM
HB questioning the Doctor of Classic Everquest. lul

Smedy
02-21-2013, 10:09 AM
HB questioning the Doctor of Classic Everquest. lul

mind games.