PDA

View Full Version : add group xp bonus/remove flat rate bonus

CrystalBlue
09-21-2012, 11:08 AM
and remove the flat xp bonus that applies to soloers.

Just stumbled across this little gem from a blue player:

Id rather invest my time into stuff around the house etc, group exp vs solo just not worth my limited playtime. I can wait :)

How much more does this apply here on red, with our inflated xp bonuses? Soloing just has too much going for it and its costing us players. People here are left with the choice of rolling up a solo toon, or quitting once they hit the group dependence brick wall in the 20's.

In game player interaction and relationships, many times built up while grouping together, is what keeps people playing games like this, not soloing to 60.

Take our flat across the board xp bonus OUT, and instead put it into a scaleing group based bonus. Give people a reason to group.

We have to hit this issue from both sides. People can still solo sure, and there are a great many advantages to it. BUT, we dont need to add even one extra bonus xp point to that long list of advantages soloers enjoy. Save all that bonus for groups, the larger the group the bigger the bonus.

The server can't afford even one more day of half the group dependent classes sitting around /lfg in ooc while the druids quad and the clerics are busy duoing with enchanters for phat xp.

CrystalBlue
09-21-2012, 11:12 AM
wow fiegi, its kind of sad that you DO lurk on the forums 24/7 for a game you lost and got thrown out of.

This has got to be the 30th thread ive seen you reply to within seconds of it being created.

Is your life thriving? by your forum presense and reaction time im gonna say... NEWP!

SamwiseBanned
09-21-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm sure Destin will answer that as soon as hes done rubbin his mommas feet.

CrystalBlue
09-21-2012, 11:16 AM
so server not thriving after all?

"The server can't afford even one more day.."

Months later, poor Fiegi still hopeing server gets deleted.

Keep waiting princess, keep waiting.

so mad

Tycko
09-21-2012, 11:17 AM
Posting on your anonymous account to encourage friendships and in-game relationships is silly. If you were not trolling you wouldn't have to hide your identity. Your constantly giving your opinion and feedback from a phantom "45 enchantress" which gives you zero credibility in my personal opinion. If you have friends, they don't know you.

CrystalBlue
09-21-2012, 11:24 AM
The Lord once spoke through a Donkey.

braaabraaabraaa

Nirgon
09-21-2012, 11:29 AM
zero credibility

See sig for cred check and thrive

CrystalBlue
09-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Here is more of what im talking about, from a recent post of a cleric here on red99:

I made a new guild named Hamburger Helper. We are really cool. For now, "we" just means me. I soloed level 1-51 as a cleric and probably will be working on 51-60 in the coming weeks.

I wonder how many group dependent players quit while clerics like this were soloing. Soloing because its just far better xp/loot/convinience.

And we wonder why the pop has dropped. No fun begging for groups all day, asking the soloers to nerf their xp by inviting you.

But hey, Gustoo the cleric is gonna get to 60 all the more faster thanks to the flat rate xp bonuses!

If we are going to "add" things, like xp at double the normal rate (or more), then at least lets do it in a way that encourages grouping and player interaction. We must try.

runlvlzero
09-21-2012, 04:54 PM
I think you are misunderstanding, gustoo would have done his thing regardless. He didnt do it because solo xp was soooo good.

I agree group xp should outweight solo xp. And it doesnt... hell a twink war with some easy to obtain crafted can hit 40+ fast alone.

But attacking a persons prefered playstyle are not a means to an end.

CrystalBlue
09-21-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm not attacking it, its just that our xp bonus scheme should benefit the groupers, not the soloers (at all).

This is a MMO.

Soloers can go solo all they want, but there should be a downside to getting to afk when u want and keeping all loot for yourself.

Right now there is no downside, you get all the positive aspects of it PLUS way better xp then a full group that has to run themselves into the ground frantically trying to keep pulling enough mobs to feed their xp machine.

Its a joke.

runlvlzero
09-21-2012, 05:16 PM
much better

i just rolled a wiz, i'll probably still group some, but mostly plan on soloing and being a nightmare ;p

mitic
09-21-2012, 07:01 PM
remove supergay hybrid penalty, problem solved.

Littlegyno 9.0
09-21-2012, 07:03 PM
SERVER THRIVING.

mitic
09-21-2012, 07:10 PM
SERVER THRIVING.

It would as soon they stop implementing "features" for classics sake. Red is not in the condition to allow this.

JenJen
09-21-2012, 08:13 PM
mitic got a point there

SamwiseBanned
09-22-2012, 08:51 AM
need 3 guilds so if one is to fall, we can still game. see cnc3 Uprising. Japs came in to rapeface after the soviets beat the allies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=XK-ArPlw8Jw

CrystalBlue
09-22-2012, 10:20 AM
Crystal already solod to 60 obviously

You could not be farther from the truth if you tried.

Kevynne
09-22-2012, 11:57 PM
I had duos or trios and sometimes quartets put to about twenty fiveish and then I leveld slowly since as previously stated I hit the dependent group wall and since we could never find a tank or healer we would give up and go solo. If I still had a group I would probably be level fiftyish by now.