PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: Tuesday September 18th, 2012

Rogean
09-18-2012, 06:18 PM
This patch contains new files. Please obtain the latest EQChanges V24 (http://www.project1999.org/files/eqchangesv24.zip) from the setup guide, or obtain the latest files via the EQEmu Launcher (http://www.moestaverne.com/eqemulauncher122.zip).

There is a 25% XP Bonus on both servers until Monday 9/24

Code
Rogean: Logging added for lost items in cursor bags (behind first slot) after zoning; This bug still happens but we can verify and reimburse if you petition.
Rogean: Added a server side check to prevent loss of items in the case of a cancelled trade; This check will prevent you from opening a new trade until you petition and get fixed. We will be watching these situations to determine an appropriate long term fix.
Kanras: All poisons are expendable. Previously, Vial of Rabid Froth was giving infinite poison charges.
Kanras: Increased NPC rotation speed to match that of players.
Kanras: Charmed pets can be targeted by hitting the "target self" hotkey twice.
Kanras: Items are now able to be distinguished based on server timeline. Please bump any threads where items are not correct for your server's era.
Kanras: The Compass and <s>Pet Window</s> UI components have been removed.
Kanras: Removed effect descriptions ((Worn), (Combat), etc.) from item descriptions.
Kanras: Removed DMG Bonus from item descriptions.
Kanras: Corrected pickpocket so it can only work on specific NPC types.
Content
Nilbog: Renux Herkanor now has faction.
Nilbog: Small and large cloth armor no longer have visible textures.
Nilbog: coerced smith of Dalnir is kos to Kly. He also now has a loottable.
Nilbog: Ambassador K`Ryn drops his Dragoon Dirk every time.
Nilbog: Ice blood no longer drops
Nilbog: Ivory Pendant will drop from fewer npcs in Plane of Sky.
Nilbog: Konem Matse now properly accepts the note from Phin.
Nilbog: Fixed several transporters in Paineel which would face players in the wrong direction.
Nilbog: Gnomes of Bertox no longer have issues with starting notes and tunics.
Nilbog: Vance Bearstalker max hit decreased.
Nilbog: There can be only one. Snowflake.
Nilbog: Cabilis East Crusaders no longer kill froglok slaves. Iksar newbies beware.
Nilbog: Killing guards of Erudin once again spawns water elementals.
Nilbog: Bondl Felligan should no longer bug out.
Nilbog: Trakanon's Tooth has 1 charge of Deadly Lifetap.
Nilbog: Boats on the Erudin to Qeynos route no longer collide. The route from Qeynos to Erudin will continue to make a stop at Kerra Isle, but the return trip from Erudin will not.
Nilbog: Frikniller Family quest now awards coin.
Nilbog: Ginesh no longer sold at vendors.
Nilbog: Tanalin Silverkale sells Chainmail Boot pattern.
Nilbog: Items previously displaying generic regeneration, mana regeneration or attack bonuses have returned to their classic descriptions. For example, Rubicite Breastplate displayed 'Regeneration +3' when classically it should display 'Rubicite Aura'. (fixed/working)
Nilbog: Corrected an issue with Ganelorn Oast not working properly.
Nilbog: Corrected an issue with Enderbite's quest rewards in airplane.
Nilbog: Hasten Bootstrutter has gained more haste. He now appears to be running, and his speed has been slightly increased.
Nilbog: Quest Hopeless Love part 1 has been fixed.
Nilbog: Tayla Ironforge quest now works.
Nilbog: Captain Bosec now accepts between one to four goblin ears at a time.
Kanras: Fixed Pick Lock skill cap progression.
Kanras: Locked doors in Veeshan's Peak require a skill of 210 to pick.
Kanras: Updated Ranger Dodge skill cap at 60 from 137 to 170
Kanras: Updated Ranger Parry skill cap at 60 from 185 to 220.
Sundawg: Many NPCs have had gained 'green' aggro.

JenJen
09-18-2012, 06:29 PM
does red still have the original 50% on top of this 25%?

Greegon
09-18-2012, 06:37 PM
errr.. so theres no longer a compass?

aerokella
09-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Has the regen been fixed so its working on things like fungi bp?

Itap
Kanras: Updated Ranger Dodge skill cap at 60 from 137 to 170
Kanras: Updated Ranger Parry skill cap at 60 from 185 to 220.

Go rangers go!

Swish
First the maps, now the compass! I'll have to roll a class that casts true north :D

Itap
09-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Has the regen been fixed so its working on things like fungi bp?

Nilbog: Items previously displaying generic regeneration, mana regeneration or attack bonuses have returned to their classic descriptions. For example, Rubicite Breastplate displayed 'Regeneration +3' when classically it should display 'Rubicite Aura'. (fixed/working)

See bold

Hailto
09-18-2012, 06:42 PM
No more compass and pet window? I mean i know its classic, but so was dialup internet....

Haul
09-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Rogean: Logging added for lost items in cursor bags (behind first slot) after zoning; This bug still happens but we can verify and reimburse if you petition.

Haha nice that happened to me when I used a levitate ring real fast overtop slot 1 backpack back in summer 2010. Poofed the bag and lost 7 black sapphires/8 diamonds/6 or 7 bds, and 5 jacinths. Along with jboots and 4 mage solro focus items. Good times.

Zozo
09-18-2012, 06:47 PM
Bind your sense heading to your walk forward key for rapid skillup, or if a melee class throw it in your taunt/kick/whatever rotation. There was no compass through velious.

Hailto
09-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Everyone has the skill at 200 im sure, it still sucks to have to keep clicking the button every time you want to know what direction you're going. Its not like it makes the game more difficult, just more tedious.

liveitup1216
09-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Bind your sense heading to your walk forward key for rapid skillup, or if a melee class throw it in your taunt/kick/whatever rotation. There was no compass through velious.

Darn, time to bind sense heading to my movement keys. I sort of like this change, makes traveling even more risky.

Misto

Why's there a girl holding a pile of shit in your avatar.

uruend
WHY NO YT ROGAINE

Triangle
09-18-2012, 06:51 PM
Kanras: Increased NPC rotation speed to match that of players.

Can anyone explain to me what this means?

XiakenjaTZ
09-18-2012, 06:53 PM
ahh, now i see it.

Handull
09-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Can anyone explain to me what this means?

when mobs turned to run, they turned super slowly....until now.

no pet window is gunna suck :(

Pringles
09-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Arent we worried about server population? Is removing pet windows and compass (above and beyond maps already gone) really going to help server population?

I get it.... its classic, but why implement something now, 3 years later, like this that has the chance to drive people away vs invite them in?

I couldnt care less about the compass or pet window.... but new players will certainly struggle with this.

Itap
09-18-2012, 06:57 PM
Regen items get fixed?

holy shit do you guys even read

Misto
09-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Arent we worried about server population? Is removing pet windows and compass (above and beyond maps already gone) really going to help server population?

I get it.... its classic, but why implement something now, 3 years later, like this that has the chance to drive people away vs invite them in?

I couldnt care less about the compass or pet window.... but new players will certainly struggle with this.

We are classic dawg. Prepare to have your internet connection throttled to simulate 56k. Now suffer.

Shaniril
09-18-2012, 06:59 PM
25% exp bonus isn't classic. :confused:

Varren
09-18-2012, 06:59 PM
Thanks for the patch!

Rogean
09-18-2012, 07:02 PM

Haha nice that happened to me when I used a levitate ring real fast overtop slot 1 backpack back in summer 2010. Poofed the bag and lost 7 black sapphires/8 diamonds/6 or 7 bds, and 5 jacinths. Along with jboots and 4 mage solro focus items. Good times.

Not the same situation. This applies specifically to when you have multiple bags on your cursor queue and zone. It will delete all the items in any bags behind your first cursor slot.

RaiyneReborn
Everyone's Twink gear for lowbies is gonna include a compass item.

Rogean
We are classic dawg. Prepare to have your internet connection throttled to simulate 56k. Now suffer.

That's not a bad idea...

Danth
09-18-2012, 07:05 PM
Since we're on the Titanium UI you can more or less make a replacement pet window easily enough. Simply open a new hotbar and create the proper buttons for it. The buffs were already disabled from the pet window so you only lose the pet health bar.

Dialup isn't classic unless you were poor, a kid with parents who didn't care about the internet, or lived in the boonies. I had cable internet in 1999, thank you very much.

My wife is mad at you for disabling the compass, Kanras. Not having the maps was bad enough for her.

Danth

contemptor
09-18-2012, 07:13 PM
I understand going for the classic experience all the time... but this server has been around for over 2 years. It's one thing starting out with things like no pet window, but quite the worse experience for something to be "nerfed" away after 2 years of having it.

Misto
09-18-2012, 07:15 PM
No compass / map in EQ?

#firstworldproblems

Edit: Shaved my beard while the servers were down.

Danth
09-18-2012, 07:18 PM
There are a couple items I recall being commented on as being fixed in various bug threads, but that don't appear in patch notes. Two that come to mind is slam skilling up bash for large races and hide de-synching when used during a spellcast so as to stop hide-pulling. Are these patched with this patch?

Danth

Malevz
09-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Slam skills up bash? Shut it down and get it fixed, positively game breaking!

deneauth
09-18-2012, 07:23 PM
Having compass gone is totally classic, and if you don't have the zones memorized then you haven't played classic long enough! Awesome update, and as always thank you for this amazing server!

Danth
09-18-2012, 07:23 PM

Your sarcasm aside, I recall from the thread the issue was that slam wasn't raising bash for warriors/SK's and should be. I also recall something to the effect of it supposedly being fixed for the next patch (which would presumably be this one).

Anyone who was able to actually use the compass should have good sense heading skill anyway since it doesn't work at zero skill. Shouldn't be a big issue for most folks.

Danth

Misto
09-18-2012, 07:24 PM

Redirecting all the funding I give to starving African children to the P99 Project until this is solved.

Edit: last troll post. -_-

Delfofthebla
09-18-2012, 07:28 PM
I'm confused. Why remove useful UI utilities? I can understand not having a map, and I totally agree with that, but the compass? The pet window? I'm sorry, but classic or not, those were great additions to the game and should not have been removed.

If you're going to argue "they aren't classic", then um,
25% exp bonus isn't classic. :confused:

This seems so dumb. I'll live without a compass, and I'd manage with a pet if I was playing a pet class, but you're adding unnecessary complexity for no reason other than to say "that's how it was at classic".

Are you older players THAT obsessed with the classic experience that you'd go to such lengths? Shouldn't the server take what was great about classic, and then enhance it with the new of today? Was a compass that much of a gamebreaking concept? Did the pet window give levels of control that were previously unreachable? (HA!) Instead you guys are reverting more informative item tooltips and removing ui components--dumbing down the game for no real reason what so ever.

In all my days of MMO playing I've always loved reading patch notes. I get giddy awaiting all the cool new changes that would await. But today I load up the P99 forums and see this crap. I'm quite disappointed.

Deanob
09-18-2012, 07:28 PM
poor move on the compass ui removal from a logical point of view. (imho of course)

deneauth
09-18-2012, 07:31 PM
Classic is classic as far as compass removal goes! Who can argue with that? Personal arguments aside.

XiakenjaTZ
09-18-2012, 07:34 PM
with a rubi BP i am regening the same if I wear it vs. if I dont. Im on Red99.

Nizzarr
09-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Fungi tunic arent working after patch

Triangle
09-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Is anyone else unable to log on due to crashes? Is this a UI problem? I get to character select, try to log in, it shows my character and everything and it just crashes.

Malevz
09-18-2012, 07:41 PM
with a rubi BP i am regening the same if I wear it vs. if I dont. Im on Red99.

Still broken. This sucks, there's a hundred rubi bps out there and for soloing it sucks without regen. This is a real pain in the ass.

Ouzin
09-18-2012, 07:42 PM
I need to get setup with some dial-up internet for the full "classic" experience to go along with the lame UI changes.

Nizzarr
09-18-2012, 07:43 PM
I just dinged lvl 53 from a quad at 51 on red

theaetatus
09-18-2012, 07:45 PM
I'm now unable to log in with my SK on my computer or my girlfriend's. I just crash to Desktop as soon as it has finished loading zone files.

Ouzin
09-18-2012, 07:46 PM
I'm now unable to log in with my SK on my computer or my girlfriend's. I just crash to Desktop as soon as it has finished loading zone files.

Ditto. Wonderful! Even more of a classic experience!

runlvlzero
09-18-2012, 07:46 PM
Make sure to run in 800x600 on a voodoo2

P.S. Rogean this is your project amen and these guys can create their own Multigenerational server. i would like to see it happen, PEQ is not gonna be it anytime soon.

RaiyneReborn
09-18-2012, 07:48 PM
accidentally set XP bonus to 250% instead of 25%? :P

Ouzin
09-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Be nice if I could log into take advantage of it lol.

lunchbox
09-18-2012, 07:50 PM
whatever you did i cant log in now. 4 crashes in a row.
i installed the patch 2x. and i cant petition its under construction

Renian
09-18-2012, 07:53 PM
i'm client crashing after char select also. i removed my duxaUI folder and it's still happening

Younggotti
09-18-2012, 07:55 PM
Good job not implementing YT

way to go on takin out compass and pet window what a fucking GAME CHANGER

devs really stepping they game up

Nordenwatch
09-18-2012, 07:56 PM
are you fucking kidding me

Nordenwatch
09-18-2012, 08:02 PM
I never played on classic and did not know that any of these things weren't classic, its like you've given me a bunch of sweet gifts and are now ripping them away from me one by one

Boilon
09-18-2012, 08:03 PM
same as when they implemented Wu crafting and ripped it away. Also cannot log in either, crashing during character select. WOOOOO
Don't understand why add things in to take them away later, absolutely stupid IMO

kanras
09-18-2012, 08:05 PM
If you're crashing after char. select, PM me your character name and the contents of UI_xxxxxx_project1999.ini file for that character.

Treats
09-18-2012, 08:05 PM
I don't think anyone remembers how hard this shit actually was with the Classic/Velious User Interface.

Having the Titanium UI decreases level of difficulty by about 50%.

If Nilbog ever figures out a way to make the actual Velious interface work and make it mandatory, I think everyone would be crying their pants off.

hijinks
09-18-2012, 08:08 PM
easiest thing to do if your crashing guys is to delete your character ui file in your c:\EQ or whatever ur installation folder is, just rename it if you had hotkeys on ur UI to the petui u will crash unless u reset ur UI by deleting or rename those UI_playernamehere files

lunchbox
09-18-2012, 08:10 PM
easiest thing to do if your crashing guys is to delete your character ui file in your c:\EQ or whatever ur installation folder is, just rename it if you had hotkeys on ur UI to the petui u will crash unless u reset ur UI by deleting or rename those UI_playernamehere files

say what?? wtf i now have to change ui files cuz this shit come on

SwordNboard
09-18-2012, 08:13 PM
Sundawg: Many NPCs have had gained 'green' aggro.

Clarify? So the SolA complex has spread? Or does this mean the issue has been addressed? :confused:

Rogean
09-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Client Crashes: http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=727586

nabsev
09-18-2012, 08:14 PM
nm

Malevz
09-18-2012, 08:27 PM
Exp bonus removed entirely? Any ETA on that and regen items being fixed?

Zereh
09-18-2012, 08:29 PM
Global /ooc isn't working.

Malevz
09-18-2012, 08:31 PM
Global /ooc isn't working.

So some good came out of the patch anyway

mendan
09-18-2012, 08:31 PM
regen items not working,
rez boxes not popping up,
ooc not global,
no compass,
no pet windown,
more green aggro,
items deleted from cursor,
wtf.... break the game to the point that no one wants to play... good work.

Ouzin
09-18-2012, 08:34 PM
rez boxes not popping up,

Interesting.

Bigcountry23
09-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Getting less exp from mobs (it appears about 1/2) than before the patch. Not sure if you are still tweaking with the exp bonus, but it appears to be set in the wrong direction (on blue).

In Lower Guk if ZEM is a factor.

Malevz
09-18-2012, 08:38 PM
it's broken on red too, you're not alone

Rogean
09-18-2012, 08:43 PM
it's broken on red too, you're not alone

It's only active on red >_>.

Malevz
09-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Any word on the regen items being fixed sir!

SamwiseBanned
09-18-2012, 08:52 PM
In case things get ugly, I got your back Rogean!

Rogean
09-18-2012, 08:56 PM
In case things get ugly, I got your back Rogean!

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?p=727646#post727646

Sic' em!

Bleui
09-18-2012, 08:59 PM
I just want to say I love this server, but some changes are imo kinda weird. So no more compass, means I get to spam my chat with sense-heading. I know I can create a new window just dedicated to that function, but I'm running with a POS low res 15 inch monitor. Which was probably more classic than some of the mega resolutions you guys are running.

Really at the end of the day you have to ask yourself is, where do you draw a line? I mean I love this server and it's really the only mmo-server available that I can have fun with. I know it probably takes a lot of work to run and maintain a server like this, but why add these changes so late in the game? You guys took out the map a while ago. Which I'm all for, but was it that hard to take the compass out when you did that? Again maybe I don't understand the difficulty to do such a thing. But the fact that some of these features have been in game for a long time, and are now only being removed is alone not classic.

Where's the classic UI btw? I see people who cry about things not being classic, and then probably go use a UI that isn't in the current time frame or a UI-mod.

I just think there should be a vote for certain features that use to be on this server prior to this patch.

I know you can't have everything done and be classic. But where do you draw the line?

Ele
09-18-2012, 09:10 PM
I just want to say I love this server, but some changes are imo kinda weird. So no more compass, means I get to spam my chat with sence-heading. I know I can create a new window just dedicated to that function, but I'm running with a POS low res 15 inch monitor. Which was probably more classic than some of the mega resolutions you guys are running.

Really at the end of the day you have to ask yourself is, where do you draw a line? I mean I love this server and it's really the only mmo-server available that I can have fun with. I know it probably takes a lot of work to run and maintain a server like this, but why add these changes so late in the game? You guys took out the map a while ago. Which I'm all for, but was it that hard to take the compass out when you did that? Again maybe I don't understand the difficulty to do such a thing. But the fact that some of these features have been in game for a long time, and are now only being removed is alone not classic.

Where's the classic UI btw? I see people who cry about things not being classic, and then probably go use a UI that isn't in the current time frame or a UI-mod.

I just think there should be a vote for certain features that use to be on this server prior to this patch.

I know you can't have everything done and be classic. But where do you draw the line?

If Rogean could implement the original ui and resolution he would.

SamwiseBanned
09-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Everything is working properly and as intended.

http://mcclane.zonalibre.org/00intro.1.jpg

Iancain123
09-18-2012, 09:40 PM
Root and snare should stack.

Delfofthebla
09-18-2012, 09:49 PM
If Rogean could implement the original ui and resolution he would.

Why?

feanan
09-18-2012, 09:58 PM
It's not like the compass magically worked without skilling it up.

You know what's fun about this server?

It's the opposite of the original everquest. As the original moved along, they fixed the annoying things, and they added in convenience.

Here, we started out with all the goodies, and they remove them a little bit at a time.

yeah, I still miss my target ring. sue me.

gloine36
09-18-2012, 10:23 PM
Screw classic. It is vastly underrated. Put the compass back in the game. I worked sense heading up to 200 so I could glance at it and know where I was. Put maps in too. People are playing in windowed mode and using the wiki anyway.

Critical
09-18-2012, 10:42 PM
make window mode illegal unless they have a copy of EQWindows

Also, Root and Snare should stack... Especially in a Necromancer's case, they always stacked because the snare is a dot on top of a movement decrease. Not to mention the entire line of spells are completely different.

Chebasaz
09-18-2012, 10:58 PM
*Sobs at his horrible regen rate with fungi + chloro*

nilzark
09-18-2012, 11:05 PM
Seriously ... if you haven't learned these zones by now and "need" a compass, you are never going to learn them. Everybody knows if you drop your sword (I suggest a rusty one from a decayed skel) on the ground, it points north. ;)

The subtitle of this server is "Classic Everquest". Believe it.

Now go out there and kill some Sarnaks and dream about Velious!

Thanks for the patch ya'll!

Splorf22
09-18-2012, 11:25 PM
I don't *need* a compass, its just convenient. Not having it makes the game more annoying and provides no benefits. The same thing goes for targeting rings, spell sets, pet windows etc . . .

As an engineer people going out of their way to make things harder just makes me rage. Its something in the training.

Barkingturtle
09-18-2012, 11:35 PM
COMPASS RAGE

Say it out loud and try not to laugh at yourself.

clericaccount
09-18-2012, 11:36 PM
Sweet yes keep it EXACTLY classic!

So mages can summon the fire pet that casts the dmg sheild .. 56?
and when the pet pop and begins to cast .. you can spam your shovle/torch/broom/stien to reclaim energy getting mana every click.. since you can't reclaim him while summoning.. there by getting full mana in 2 pets in about 45seconds? was like this on live for kunark - 1/2 of velious. me and another mage would camp freeti and disco NP at all..

Befallen bank was it.. changed coin to plat in a 1 to 1 ratio for about 3 days

where are the gm events? one of the GREATEST parts OF classic live EQ...

can you pull mobs to the room in KC and they can't come in?
can you pull mobs to the ent of dalnir and dot them while standing on the wall and get no agro ?

if your going 100% classic i mean.... just saying there are in fact a ton of things Id imagine you are "leaving out" so why not "leave in" a few that are in no way game breaking... no one i don't think is saying he we want a free epic vendor or 1 kill 1 lvl xp etc..

why does /pet report not tell me what buffs the pet has? pretty sure that was classic also... i was a mage and used it a ton

Aelzrith
09-18-2012, 11:54 PM
why does /pet report not tell me what buffs the pet has? pretty sure that was classic also... i was a mage and used it a ton

I'm going to do some research on this and bug report because I vaguely remember this working in kunark. I think there was even a patch that read "/pet report will now return a list of the current buffs on your pet"

Delfofthebla
09-19-2012, 12:16 AM
poor move on the compass ui removal from a logical point of view. (imho of course)
It's not like the compass magically worked without skilling it up.

You know what's fun about this server?

It's the opposite of the original everquest. As the original moved along, they fixed the annoying things, and they added in convenience.

Here, we started out with all the goodies, and they remove them a little bit at a time.

yeah, I still miss my target ring. sue me.
I don't *need* a compass, its just convenient. Not having it makes the game more annoying and provides no benefits. The same thing goes for targeting rings, spell sets, pet windows etc . . .

As an engineer people going out of their way to make things harder just makes me rage. Its something in the training.

Sweet yes keep it EXACTLY classic!

So mages can summon the fire pet that casts the dmg sheild .. 56?
and when the pet pop and begins to cast .. you can spam your shovle/torch/broom/stien to reclaim energy getting mana every click.. since you can't reclaim him while summoning.. there by getting full mana in 2 pets in about 45seconds? was like this on live for kunark - 1/2 of velious. me and another mage would camp freeti and disco NP at all..

Befallen bank was it.. changed coin to plat in a 1 to 1 ratio for about 3 days

where are the gm events? one of the GREATEST parts OF classic live EQ...

can you pull mobs to the room in KC and they can't come in?
can you pull mobs to the ent of dalnir and dot them while standing on the wall and get no agro ?

if your going 100% classic i mean.... just saying there are in fact a ton of things Id imagine you are "leaving out" so why not "leave in" a few that are in no way game breaking... no one i don't think is saying he we want a free epic vendor or 1 kill 1 lvl xp etc..

Pretty much all of the above. What's the point of making these kinds of changes if you aren't going 100% classic? What's the fucking point of going 100% classic in the first place? Changes were made because developers decided that they should be made for one reason or another. Sure, not all of them are great, and maybe some expansions weren't really what the game needed, but regardless of how many bad changes there were, there have been a very large amount of GREAT changes to the game that just weren't around in classic.

*Pet UI for better pet control
*A compass so that you can have a more acurrate sense of direction and avoid chat spam.
*More descriptive tooltips
*bug fixes

ect, ect. What is the point of "rolling back" the server to match the lowest of the low--the most imperfect version of the game?

Honestly, I'm not that mad about the compass/pet ui BS. You can totally control your pet without the UI, and you can still find your way with sense heading. It's not what you changed, but the simple fact that you did. What's next? Stripping us of all our UI? Introducing bugs that were fixed? Breaking the boats?

As this guy said:
I just want to say I love this server, but some changes are imo kinda weird. So no more compass, means I get to spam my chat with sense-heading. I know I can create a new window just dedicated to that function, but I'm running with a POS low res 15 inch monitor. Which was probably more classic than some of the mega resolutions you guys are running.

'just where do you draw the line?' Quite frankly, I don't feel comfortable playing on this server anymore.

Who knows what else will be taken away just to make these elitest assfucks feel like they're better than everyone else:
Seriously ... if you haven't learned these zones by now and "need" a compass, you are never going to learn them. Everybody knows if you drop your sword (I suggest a rusty one from a decayed skel) on the ground, it points north. ;)

The subtitle of this server is "Classic Everquest". Believe it.

Now go out there and kill some Sarnaks and dream about Velious!

Thanks for the patch ya'll!
COMPASS RAGE

Say it out loud and try not to laugh at yourself.
Classic is classic as far as compass removal goes! Who can argue with that? Personal arguments aside.
Having compass gone is totally nclassic, and if you don't have the zones memorized then you haven't played classic long enough! Awesome update, and as always thank you for this amazing server!

Yeah, real strong arguments you got there guys. 'IT'S CLASSIC!' seems to be becoming a catch-phrase.

But whatever, keep stroking those e-peens gents, I know you guys need the self-esteem boosts.

Bartleby191
09-19-2012, 12:37 AM
Im having A lot of trouble getting the Launcher anyone else getting these issues?

Rasah
09-19-2012, 12:53 AM
Stealth nerf to faction in this patch too. I used to be dubious in Firiona Vie on my iksar from spending 5 levels killing pirates. Now I'm back to scowling.

Bartleby191
09-19-2012, 12:57 AM
So Everytime I try to go Download this, boom I get nothing..... And my launcher is all screwed up. http://moestaverne.com/download.html?/1/eqemulauncher122.zip WTF do I do?

Bartleby191
09-19-2012, 01:11 AM
Wow, How is it possible that there are 90 post's caring about the stupid Compass being removed, not one response to my legitimate issues?

Raynz
09-19-2012, 01:22 AM
Well I can tell you my launcher isn't working either. Tried manually updating patch files and I can get to server select, but will not actually let me log into server. Gives me unknown error which I'm pretty sure is due to files being out of date with server because of patch.

Bartleby191
09-19-2012, 01:26 AM
It keeps telling me that the it can't connect to EQemulator.com I'm assuming there is some Server issue.

Bartleby191
09-19-2012, 01:31 AM
Just let me log on, you should check it out.

JenJen
09-19-2012, 02:24 AM
spells file list is outdated still

rcw1990
09-19-2012, 02:37 AM
Fungi's regen effect defnitely isn't working. Not sure why everyone is so anal about things as simple as item descriptions, as my grandpa always said don't fix it if it ain't broken.

RaiyneReborn
09-19-2012, 03:40 AM
All i'm saying if your gonna go Full Classic then go Fully Classic. Don't pick and choose what you want to be classic and take away stuff that is already in game that wasnt classic after its been there for 2 years.

deneauth
09-19-2012, 04:19 AM
Disc window never existed in classic either, I remember having to type out my own macros for that and add them to the hotkey bar.

greppy
09-19-2012, 07:39 AM
I know that I am a newer player to this server, so if I decide to leave it's not going to feel like I wasted HUGE amounts of time. I have had fun over the last couple of weeks playing here, the nostalgia has been awesome.

However, removing the Compass and Pet UI are a bit of a downer. I understand the desire to be as close to classic as possible, but there are reasons that these things were added into the game. A blind goal of trying to make this server JUST like Kunark and then Velious is going in the wrong direction, in my opinion.

For now, I have moved "Sense Heading" to slot one of Hotbar 4, and bound "E" to it.

I haven't logged in my necro to mess with pet commands yet... I'll probably do something similar for those.

nilbog
09-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Any word on the regen items being fixed sir!

This is being looked into.

Screw classic. It is vastly underrated.

I'm going to do some research on this and bug report because I vaguely remember this working in kunark. I think there was even a patch that read "/pet report will now return a list of the current buffs on your pet"

There was no way to determine what buffs were on your pet. /pet report would return only a % of pet's hp. This was changed in Luclin or later.

All i'm saying if your gonna go Full Classic then go Fully Classic. Don't pick and choose what you want to be classic and take away stuff that is already in game that wasnt classic after its been there for 2 years.

I said this long ago, but I will reiterate the following:

I hope it is known that the server will become more classic as time progresses. As live servers would patch in new content or features, we patch out newer content or features.

We will restore prekunark, Kunark, and Velious to the best of our abilities. We will put polish on them, and they are free for you to roam. Some content and features may be patched out before others, but do not be of the mindset that present non-classic elements are here to stay. It is only a matter of if they can be fixed, how they can be fixed, and when we can fix them. If there was a switch to immediately and completely revert this to classic, I'd flip it. Until there is, we will occasionally ask you for your feedback.

I haven't logged in my necro to mess with pet commands yet... I'll probably do something similar for those.

Some helpful shorthand pet hotkey making:
/ho attack /pet attack --- will create a hotkey for /pet attack
/ho health /pet report health --- creates a hotkey for pet's health
/ho backoff /pet back off --- creates a hotkey for pet back off.

etc

Last but certainly not least:

there is an actual compass that can be purchased from the gypsy camps.

http://i46.tinypic.com/4zxp35.jpg

liveitup1216
09-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Shot in the dark here guys, but some of you do know that EQLive still exists and will hold your hand and bleach your butthole if that's what you're looking for?

Ele
09-19-2012, 10:25 AM
I never played on classic and did not know that any of these things weren't classic, its like you've given me a bunch of sweet gifts and are now ripping them away from me one by one

Such is Everquest.

Hagglebaron
09-19-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm confused. Why remove useful UI utilities? I can understand not having a map, and I totally agree with that, but the compass? The pet window? I'm sorry, but classic or not, those were great additions to the game and should not have been removed.

If you're going to argue "they aren't classic", then um,

This seems so dumb. I'll live without a compass, and I'd manage with a pet if I was playing a pet class, but you're adding unnecessary complexity for no reason other than to say "that's how it was at classic".

Are you older players THAT obsessed with the classic experience that you'd go to such lengths? Shouldn't the server take what was great about classic, and then enhance it with the new of today? Was a compass that much of a gamebreaking concept? Did the pet window give levels of control that were previously unreachable? (HA!) Instead you guys are reverting more informative item tooltips and removing ui components--dumbing down the game for no real reason what so ever.

In all my days of MMO playing I've always loved reading patch notes. I get giddy awaiting all the cool new changes that would await. But today I load up the P99 forums and see this crap. I'm quite disappointed.

Get out

Hagglebaron
09-19-2012, 10:35 AM
This is being looked into.

There was no way to determine what buffs were on your pet. /pet report would return only a % of pet's hp. This was changed in Luclin or later.

I said this long ago, but I will reiterate the following:

Some helpful shorthand pet hotkey making:
/ho attack /pet attack --- will create a hotkey for /pet attack
/ho health /pet report health --- creates a hotkey for pet's health
/ho backoff /pet back off --- creates a hotkey for pet back off.

etc

Last but certainly not least:

Doin God's work Nilbog, keep it up brother :) and thank you and all the staff for your dedication to providing a clean, classic server

Safon
09-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Pretty much all of the above. What's the point of making these kinds of changes if you aren't going 100% classic? What's the fucking point of going 100% classic in the first place? Changes were made because developers decided that they should be made for one reason or another. Sure, not all of them are great, and maybe some expansions weren't really what the game needed, but regardless of how many bad changes there were, there have been a very large amount of GREAT changes to the game that just weren't around in classic.

*Pet UI for better pet control
*A compass so that you can have a more acurrate sense of direction and avoid chat spam.
*More descriptive tooltips
*bug fixes

ect, ect. What is the point of "rolling back" the server to match the lowest of the low--the most imperfect version of the game?

Honestly, I'm not that mad about the compass/pet ui BS. You can totally control your pet without the UI, and you can still find your way with sense heading. It's not what you changed, but the simple fact that you did. What's next? Stripping us of all our UI? Introducing bugs that were fixed? Breaking the boats?

As this guy said:

'just where do you draw the line?' Quite frankly, I don't feel comfortable playing on this server anymore.

Who knows what else will be taken away just to make these elitest assfucks feel like they're better than everyone else:

Yeah, real strong arguments you got there guys. 'IT'S CLASSIC!' seems to be becoming a catch-phrase.

But whatever, keep stroking those e-peens gents, I know you guys need the self-esteem boosts.

Seriously, shut your whiny mouth and get off the server.

Safon
09-19-2012, 10:50 AM
Shot in the dark here guys, but some of you do know that EQLive still exists and will hold your hand and bleach your butthole if that's what you're looking for?

Very true, you whiners out there should first demand a refund from the p99 staff (oh wait...) then take your care bear asses to live.

webrunner5
09-19-2012, 11:04 AM
No pet window sure as hell isn't a welcome addition for people that Charm. On a Enchanter getting hit is not really a option. Not looking forward to getting hit between the eyes with my X Charmed pet to know it broke lol.

I can live without the Compass but to new players the Pet window and the Compass did help them.

Pitborn
09-19-2012, 11:05 AM

+1

RaiyneReborn
09-19-2012, 11:12 AM
So when is Ivandyr's hoop gonna be changed back to classic. When are you going to remove item links?

Vicatin
09-19-2012, 11:13 AM
its like an automaker bringing back a retro style and putting a carbureted engine back in it.

Itap
09-19-2012, 11:25 AM
So when is Ivandyr's hoop gonna be changed back to classic. When are you going to remove item links?

I hope it is known that the server will become more classic as time progresses. As live servers would patch in new content or features, we patch out newer content or features.

We will restore prekunark, Kunark, and Velious to the best of our abilities. We will put polish on them, and they are free for you to roam. Some content and features may be patched out before others, but do not be of the mindset that present non-classic elements are here to stay. It is only a matter of if they can be fixed, how they can be fixed, and when we can fix them. If there was a switch to immediately and completely revert this to classic, I'd flip it.

If you will take 5 seconds and read nilbogs posts, you might stop making shitty posts. Devs have real lives and real jobs, they patch when they can. I can almost guarantee when they remove item linking, if at all possible, we will see you crying on these boards once again, clueless about the server you voluntarily decided to play on.

Dalron
09-19-2012, 11:28 AM
ZOMG you took away the compass! That makes the game so much impossibly harder now that I actually have to click a button once to find out what direction I'm facing. I am so pissed right now I can't see straight, and with no compass how will I know whether I am ever seeing straight? It takes so much effort to click a button and takes like minutes longer to do than just looking at the compass. Don't you realize my time is valuable? So valuable in fact I barely have enough time to play any more than 6 or 8 hours a day! And now I have to waste like half of that time actually having to click a button to see where I'm headed. This is so frustrating that I will have to stomp around in my baby crib for the next few days throwing a massive tantrum and hoping the grown-ups take notice.

Dalron :)

RaiyneReborn
09-19-2012, 11:34 AM
If you will take 5 seconds and read nilbogs posts, you might stop making shitty posts. Devs have real lives and real jobs, they patch when they can. I can almost guarantee when they remove item linking, if at all possible, we will see you crying on these boards once again, clueless about the server you voluntarily decided to play on.

Ive got no issue with thing being CLASSIC. But make everything classic. If you gonna take 2 years to remove the compass or pet window that weren't live but then patch other items that arent gamechanging before they are nerfed on live just makes no sense. Game changing items sure nerf right away but stupid things like hoop get nerfed before compass gets removed makes no sense. I get it I'm a whiner because i just want things made classic in the order they were made classic. I get that will not happen. I just find it funny that they say they want to make server classic but do things that aren't classic. Not sure how hard that is to see through your rose colored glasses. I played on live for 13 years. I quit live because it got to the point a 2 year old monkey could play it. I do like a challenge thats why i play actual sports and no just play video games. I just find people who contradict themselves funny and have no faith in anything they say.

Rogean
09-19-2012, 11:47 AM
So when is Ivandyr's hoop gonna be changed back to classic so we can kill mobs in 5 seconds with 0 effort because we've mastered all the old classic exploits?

Fixed. QQ More.

Safon
09-19-2012, 11:49 AM
Fixed. QQ More.

Amen, Rog for pres

Pitborn
09-19-2012, 11:51 AM
So what was the update sirs?

Itap
09-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Ive got no issue with thing being CLASSIC. But make everything classic. If you gonna take 2 years to remove the compass or pet window that weren't live but then patch other items that arent gamechanging before they are nerfed on live just makes no sense. Game changing items sure nerf right away but stupid things like hoop get nerfed before compass gets removed makes no sense. I get it I'm a whiner because i just want things made classic in the order they were made classic. I get that will not happen. I just find it funny that they say they want to make server classic but do things that aren't classic. Not sure how hard that is to see through your rose colored glasses. I played on live for 13 years. I quit live because it got to the point a 2 year old monkey could play it. I do like a challenge thats why i play actual sports and no just play video games. I just find people who contradict themselves funny and have no faith in anything they say.

Fixed. QQ More.

If removing compass is game changing to you, i feel sorry for you, and the PCs you played with for 13 years.

RaiyneReborn
09-19-2012, 12:02 PM
No it's not gamechanging but it also was in game for 2 years to use and then all the sudden removed. I can still move around zones fine without one but have fun trying to lead people to camps and stuff that have no idea where they are going.

Also QQ isnt Classic thats from WoW. You can add it to the server though since this isnt classic either :P

Rogean
09-19-2012, 12:04 PM
QQ is most certainly classic, people used it all the time on The Nameless. Along with ccc and wuwu and all those korean abbreviations.

Anyways, it was removed when it started being abused and became a problem. I don't need to argue this again, go look up the dozens of threads on the topic back when it was changed. Simply put, allowing things like that to stay classic would result in a game that is not fun to play because everyone knows everything there is to abuse.

Hurley
09-19-2012, 12:08 PM
So many things not classic on this server it's kinda funny the compass and the pet window were the focus.

azo313
09-19-2012, 12:12 PM
The part I'm confused about is that we cannot have a compass because it's not classic, yet you can still get rooted 20-30% of the time with 100+ MR in PvP (also not classic). Glad to see the dev's have their priorities straight.

Ferok
09-19-2012, 12:34 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/4zxp35.jpg

I like that the compass is 'magic'. Fucking magnets, how do they work?

Nerocon
09-19-2012, 01:42 PM
I love how most of you think there is some sort of manual, or how-to on making a classic server. Don't you think if they knew how to remove every little thing that was not classic they would of done so from the start? These guys have to spend their free time researching, testing, breaking, re-testing over and over to get this shit figured out.

Obviously the compass and pet window were not high priority and are just now getting looked at and fixed. If you want the compass, target rings, pet window, and non-classic UI then why don't you just play on any server that disables luclin+ expansions and call it a day? This is a CLASSIC server, and they are working hard to get it classic.. It does not happen over night. Anyone claiming they want a classic experience, but leave things like target rings, shadows, and titanium UI enabled can STFU. Personally I am looking for a real classic experience, it kills me that I have to use titanium but that's how it is for now. So I take what steps I can on the client side to support the stuff on server side and slowly but surely its getting more and more classic and that kicks ass!

Thank you dev team, for continuously bringing us a classic experience.

elbeebui
09-19-2012, 02:37 PM
:confused:I have downloaded the eqemulauncher122.zip and /also- the eqchange24.zip: They both show up as downloaded in my Documents file for My Computer: HOWEVER: I still cannot access the game and I do not know nor understand how to place these files into my designated EQ folder - will somone please help me and let me know how to do this properly? I enjoy the game and want top continue . TY in advance.:confused:

TheLieka
09-19-2012, 03:47 PM
I love how most of you think there is some sort of manual, or how-to on making a classic server. Don't you think if they knew how to remove every little thing that was not classic they would of done so from the start? These guys have to spend their free time researching, testing, breaking, re-testing over and over to get this shit figured out.

qf motherfuckin t.