PDA

View Full Version : NEW PLAYERS LEVELING

SamwiseBanned
09-13-2012, 12:29 PM
About to get ready to go so this will be brief and to the point. I am not against Hot Zones but I do not feel they are not needed. If New Players decide on a popular leveling path then groups will not be so hard to find. I am going to offer my suggested plan, you can take it or leave it but if you all cooperate and follow it groups will be hard (as well as PLing by me)

1-15 - Newb Areas/Crushbone
15-30 - Unrest
25-40 - MM
40+ - Sol B

At 40+ you really need to think about joining a guild if you haven't already. So by 47 you should be in a guild and from there they will take care of you. Follow the path and reap the rewards or everyone do there own thing and solo it up :) And I will be PLing at these locations only. Have a great day and welcome to red.

EDIT: When I am on, yes I will port/bind you near these locations.

JenJen
09-13-2012, 12:34 PM
samwise saviour of red 99.

Vile
09-13-2012, 12:40 PM
So classic pvp server promotes bluebie-ism to get you to be able to finally participate in PvP?

Everyone used to say these are the prime levels for classic PvP (which those of us with brains and that have played on the emu for a while already knew...)

I know this would never happen, but you're etter off making instant lvl 40 imo like someone else had suggested.

Cut out all the bullshit and right to the pvp bros.

SamwiseBanned
09-13-2012, 12:49 PM
These locations are also prime pvp :)

gloinz
09-13-2012, 01:48 PM
samwise clearly racist against ogres/trolls

SamwiseBanned
09-13-2012, 01:49 PM
throughout my days, ive seen (and buffed) more Ogres than halfling in unrest.

gloinz
09-13-2012, 01:53 PM
ya but those fat ogres would rather u buff them in guk

you make them travel across the galaxy to get buffs from u cuz ur racist

SamwiseBanned
09-13-2012, 01:55 PM
because id rather the undead fall then those poor frogs in guk

gloinz
09-13-2012, 01:58 PM
oh so now ur racist against poor zombies just tryin to find employment cutting grass and trimming gardens in mistmoore

Iate
09-13-2012, 02:01 PM
It's a conspiracy. Low skills for ogres/trolls due to leveling fast with Sam's buffs + nowhere to bank = easy pvp kills for cash

SamwiseBanned
09-13-2012, 02:04 PM
http://vaitor.com/other/Archiv%2047/wwf.gif

SearyxTZ
09-13-2012, 03:06 PM
About to get ready to go so this will be brief and to the point. I am not against Hot Zones but I do not feel they are not needed. If New Players decide on a popular leveling path then groups will not be so hard to find. I am going to offer my suggested plan, you can take it or leave it but if you all cooperate and follow it groups will be hard (as well as PLing by me)

1-12 - Newb Areas/Crushbone
12-30 - Unrest
25-40 - MM
40+ - Sol B

At 40+ you really need to think about joining a guild if you haven't already. So by 47 you should be in a guild and from there they will take care of you. Follow the path and reap the rewards or everyone do there own thing and solo it up :) And I will be PLing at these locations only. Have a great day and welcome to red.

EDIT: When I am on, yes I will port/bind you near these locations.

I thought about this too, but it's pointless unless this gets stickied and universally agreed upon + not as effective without some bonus kicked in and the communication coming from the staff (and maybe in the MOTD).

So I don't think this is going to work even as a ghetto/lite version.

I also think most of your zones are very difficult to get to for some races.

1-15 isn't an issue. People will blaze through those levels and not venture too far from the starting city.

15-50 needs one zone. One. People are going to want to be in Kunark by 40+, not old world. There's good reason I suggested Lake of Ill Omen for this.

Vile
09-13-2012, 03:28 PM
http://whataredo.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/gif-zach-head-shake.gif?w=500&h=380

^pretty accurate

SamwiseBanned
09-13-2012, 03:45 PM
these zones are easy to get to with a quick port and bind in gfay. with global ooc not hard to get a port. been buffing in FoB the last 20 min, 3 iksar monks 1-10 and still going

SamwiseBanned
09-13-2012, 03:48 PM
I can assure you more people will travel to unrest than LoIO

SearyxTZ
09-13-2012, 04:33 PM
No, they won't. Evil races and Iksar can't even get there, much less train or shop/bank anywhere on the entire continent. Not everyone is getting ported and powerleveled by a druid.

It would make more sense to choose Kunark zones considering 80% of the population will be there at higher levels already. Moving to Lake or Overthere around level 15 was always the leveling route on the servers I played on.

Graahle
09-13-2012, 04:36 PM
I'll take you up on this again Sam. Grab your 5 hour energy though..17 Troll SK chillin in Unrest inc

HippoNipple
09-13-2012, 04:43 PM
The point of hot zones isn't so bluebies can gather to slay for exp. It is to force people into the same zone so pvp occurs.

Vile
09-13-2012, 04:43 PM
The point of hot zones isn't so bluebies can gather to slay for exp. It is to force people into the same zone so pvp occurs.

Someone seems to understand!

SamwiseBanned
09-13-2012, 04:54 PM
Make Kedge a hotzone and see how populated it gets. If i was brand new to server and LoIO was a hotzone, i would not go simply because of travel. Some people wouldnt even leave antonica to goto Faydark simply because of travel and you expect them to go to Kunark. the leveling path i posted works, have faith in samwise and you shall be rewarded with groupage and xp.

Tumdumm
09-13-2012, 06:12 PM
STAY OUTTA GUK ... BASICALLY HAHA BASICALLY

a+ post

SearyxTZ
09-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Make Kedge a hotzone and see how populated it gets. If i was brand new to server and LoIO was a hotzone, i would not go simply because of travel. Some people wouldnt even leave antonica to goto Faydark simply because of travel and you expect them to go to Kunark. the leveling path i posted works, have faith in samwise and you shall be rewarded with groupage and xp.

No, it doesn't, dude. I like what you're doing here but how is an iksar or dark race supposed to get to Unrest or Mistmoore? I also think it makes more sense for people to be in Kunark over old world.

If you want to pitch having the Neriak/LFay pot work again then I'm all for that, though. Making travel times "classic" isn't so reasonable given the players-to-zones ratio here.

SamwiseBanned
09-13-2012, 07:01 PM
No, it doesn't, dude. I like what you're doing here but how is an iksar or dark race supposed to get to Unrest or Mistmoore? I also think it makes more sense for people to be in Kunark over old world.

If you want to pitch having the Neriak/LFay pot work again then I'm all for that, though. Making travel times "classic" isn't so reasonable given the players-to-zones ratio here.

why do you think im bound in FoB :) i already got that covered bro. i see your point tho. On sz i dont think i ever went to kunark but on druzzil ro everyone leveled in kunark. I never leveled in Unrest/MM until p99. I am now a firm believe these are the best places to level. Surely i am not the only porter on the server who will help people get where they need to go. The only people that are screwed right now are barbarians and even then they just have to wait 15 min for me to get to them.

SearyxTZ
09-13-2012, 07:27 PM
I'm not against Unrest which in itself is a fantastic zone (although train-heavy for pvp). If that was "the zone" designated for leveling though, it'd need an easier travel route to and from that wasn't dependent on one guy being online doing ports.

Getting there from Cabilis on foot is a two hour endeavor that requires using multiple invis potions.

And then finding a bind (good luck). And then going all the way back to train skills, bank, or sell shit.