PDA

View Full Version : NEWSFLASH: Man rolls twenty-sided die. Rolls twenty on first attempt! NERF DICE!

Vayder
09-11-2012, 01:37 PM
How could this happen? Die maker must come forward and make a public statement about his "custom" dice. Classic dice didn't work this way.

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSVnYXbZZ1JDyw5xD3OxG8akOvjSiTDd Le_cYYCzJet-3OEmALyjw

Nirgon
09-11-2012, 02:18 PM
If you kids understood Everquest resistance mechanics, you'd understand that meeting a certain value makes you impervious to certain spells.

Go try to land magic based shit on the stone spider. It's not because "he's special", it's because that NPC has a certain resistance value set. That value set flags him as being able to outright all magic based spells.

But you're probably right, the eqemu source code is a perfect classic Everquest rendition. Lawl.

Nirgon
09-11-2012, 02:24 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/3508gfr.png

Dullah
09-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Beyond what Nirgon said, if there was only a 1 in 20 chance to be rooted first cast, why out of the last dozen or so battles where I was rooted, did it land first cast about half of the time? Why did I get first cast rooted at 171 MR last week? If its really a 1 in 20 chance, then there is obviously some bug.

Vayder
09-11-2012, 03:04 PM
If this method is correct then the following things would also be true:

Immune to Ice Comet at 117cr
Immune to Lava Bolt at 107fr
Immune to Venom of the Snake at 96pr
Immune to Anarchy at 71mr

I don't think you understand what I'm making the case for. I'm saying I believe the best solution is to use current Lucy data for all classic spells.

Vayder
09-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Beyond what Nirgon said, if there was only a 1 in 20 chance to be rooted first cast, why out of the last dozen or so battles where I was rooted, did it land first cast about half of the time? Why did I get first cast rooted at 171 MR last week? If its really a 1 in 20 chance, then there is obviously some bug.

Or you know, math works that way.

If it's really a 50% chance to flip heads, why did I flip tails 8 times in a row?!

Vayder
09-11-2012, 03:09 PM
If you kids understood Everquest resistance mechanics, you'd understand that meeting a certain value makes you impervious to certain spells.

If your method is correct, Ice Comet should never land on me either. Neither should Starfire, etc.

Nirgon
09-11-2012, 03:47 PM
If you meet a certain resist value? Yeah.

I don't have the ones for starfire on ice comet on hand.

I had 180 some fire resist buffed and it just was about fucking impossbile for druids to wildfire me on live.

Nirgon
09-11-2012, 03:48 PM
If this method is correct then the following things would also be true:

Immune to Ice Comet at 117cr
Immune to Lava Bolt at 107fr
Immune to Venom of the Snake at 96pr
Immune to Anarchy at 71mr

Those lucy values might not reflect classic resists. Being immune to VoS at 96 poison doesn't sound bad though... you'd be suprised what a simple DMF could do against that line of spells in the classic era.

Nizzarr
09-11-2012, 03:55 PM
sounds pretty accurate to me

Vayder
09-11-2012, 04:06 PM
sounds pretty accurate to me

Those lucy values might not reflect classic resists. Being immune to VoS at 96 poison doesn't sound bad though...

Get behind my platform then bros! Current Lucy resist values for all classic spells!

Nirgon
09-11-2012, 04:39 PM
I was thinking more on it.

Against geared casters like Kringe's necro Taskman, we'd have some fuckings around duels.

I don't remember ever landing an ice comet on him, at least for any meaningful amount if I tried to use it on him without dispelling resist cold. Had to use lures.

Necro with dflux was pretty fuckin brutal. A geared one versus the proverbial naked 51 wizard PK was an absolute hilarious joke to behold.

Nirgon
09-11-2012, 04:40 PM
Remember also though wizard spells have a -5 or -10 (I can go look, I think it's 10) resist calc. They are not (or shouldn't be) flagged as standard resist.

^ More things I'm not making up either.

Vayder
09-11-2012, 05:50 PM
Remember also though wizard spells have a -5 or -10 (I can go look, I think it's 10) resist calc. They are not (or shouldn't be) flagged as standard resist.

^ More things I'm not making up either.

Most either have a modifier or an adjusted pvpresistcalc (i.e. 130+) and some have both!

Lures obviously have a large modifier