PDA

View Full Version : New Player!

Grubbz
05-26-2010, 11:46 PM
Hey guys its me Grubbz, So i just started playing the server today. I made a Ogre warrior and am lvl 7 at the moment. I met a guy name Brutillus from the remedy guild and after he pwned me in a duel he gave me some sweet gear and a wep.

Now my question is: Is there a website or warrior guide for the items i need to try and get pre raid? now i realize this will take me awhile to get that high in lvls but i want to try and get the gear i need for raids while i lvl.

Any info on a warrior on this server would be useful to me.

Thanks Grubbz!

girth
05-26-2010, 11:50 PM
Yeah that Brut is a really nice guy no homo.

Elendae
05-26-2010, 11:55 PM
Someone was putting together a pre-planar equipment guide. The thread should still be kicking around. Not sure if warrior was filled out yet.

Grubbz
05-26-2010, 11:58 PM
Yeah that be nice to see hehe im just one of those players who likes to do more then 1 thing at a time. Ill take slower exp over faster exp if it means im getting geared in the process.

Myth
05-27-2010, 12:04 AM
welcome to project 1999!!
Are you new to EQ or new to the warrior class? Just curious. People might throw out stuff like "hate list", "aggro", "cornering" and if you are new to EQ you may have no idea what this stuff means.

Warrior is fairly 1 dimensional. You auto attack, kick/slam and occasionally hit taunt. You will want to get fast weapons, preferably ones that "proc" such as gnoll hide lariats. Your bread and butter weapons are SSOYs (short sword of the ykesha). They sell for a hefty sum, 10k-13k plat, so start saving now. Though as time goes by the price will come down.

Check everquest.allakhazam.com for the warrior quest armor (crafted armor). You'll want to quest for some of these pieces or buy them from other players. For a list of gear that is best, search the forums for the gear reference thread. I don't know for sure if warriors have a fully populated list of the best available gear but it's worth a look.

Hope that helps.

Grubbz
05-27-2010, 12:08 AM
Thanks im just new to P1999 and im loveing it so far as it brings back SOoooo many memories. it also brings back the thing i love most about the game and thats taking hours to get 1 lvl while u chat with your friends and kill mobs over and over.

Thanks for the SSoY info i take it this is the best wep for warrior pre raids?

Brut
05-27-2010, 12:51 AM
Har, brotherly ogre encounters should always include boasting and inevitable brawling. Guggek knows this.

Fast weapons like Bladed Thulian Claws (think about 75-150pp) are decent before the proccing stuff like Obsidian Shards (which I think are earliest good proc weps, think 300pp and up is the price range). Gnoll Hide Lariats are easily the cheapest ones to go with, but I think the proc for those isn't working until lvl30.

And yah, SSoY is what defines a warrior. =p

Grubbz
05-27-2010, 01:16 AM
Good to see you again king Brutillus. As you may know i am lvl 8 now and getting stronger by the minute. Once i get to 50 we will duel again to see who is king of crakneks!

Jete
05-27-2010, 01:53 AM
Welcome to the server!

P.S. - re-roll a bard!

Grubbz
05-27-2010, 03:08 AM
ok so i see people selling banded armor and stuff at 1p per AC so this gives me a couple more questions.

1: With this being a classic eq server whats more improtant AC or HP? i know your going to say both and i know both is good but which one is more of a need.

2: is there a tradeskill guide i can use? i wanna make the banded stuff and greater gear if possible.

Thanks Grubbz.

Pyrocat
05-27-2010, 04:39 AM
1. Depends on each amount. 100hp is worth more than 10ac for example.

2. web archive + eq traders

Omnimorph
05-27-2010, 05:51 AM
banded you should be paying 8gp/ac, bronze is 1pp/ac.

I wouldn't say blacksmithing is a very good tradeskill whilst you're levelling up, probably better just to buy the banded (can get full sets for like 70-100p or so).

Just my thoughts.