PDA

View Full Version : Ranger Dual Wield vs 2HB

SwordNboard
09-11-2012, 11:12 AM
So I have a Jade Mace/CSS and a Woodsman's Staff. The staff is sick, but is it really that much better? If I could get over it and sell it, I could upgrade some gear. Just not sure I want to considering how hard it was to find. Any opinions?

P.S. My only haste is FBSS unless I'm in a group with a haster.

Haul
09-12-2012, 08:08 AM
Yes the 2hb is better, 9/18 is freaking terrible. Maybe if you get a Wurmslayer or something not so shitty you could dual wield. Jade mace is only decent for low levels.

SwordNboard
09-12-2012, 10:28 AM
Its hard to get better than a .5 ratio on 1 handers without raiding though.

Ele
09-12-2012, 06:31 PM
You also get to cast fast spells during those longer 2hb/2hs delay resets.

SwordNboard
09-12-2012, 10:05 PM

I definitely do this when I use it. Can just squeeze a lil nuke in there for a nice triple hit sometimes.

Tecmos Deception
09-14-2012, 08:14 AM
There's other little perks to 2h over 1h, also. Your ripostes are bigger, you get riposted less often, and you take less damage from damage shields. Plus it's not like you can't sell the jade mace and CSS and then get some upgrades!

SwordNboard
09-14-2012, 09:07 AM
There's other little perks to 2h over 1h, also. Your ripostes are bigger, you get riposted less often, and you take less damage from damage shields. Plus it's not like you can't sell the jade mace and CSS and then get some upgrades!

I wouldn't feel right without some one handers.. but I've considered it!

twerklee
09-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Hmm, what about lammy and WS combo? Any love for that?

Pan
09-26-2012, 03:41 PM
Just parse.

(and you'll keep the woodsman)

Btw, level's pretty important in a discussion like this.

Baldwin
03-09-2013, 11:20 PM
OK, say you're lv 42. Lammy/WS or Woodsman? Also, at what level do you go to the other option? Extra bonus question... I've got 10k to play with. Current weapons owned are lammy, silk whip of snare, and mosscovered twig. I have no fbss. Whats best to spend the cash on?

Avon Barksdale
03-10-2013, 03:02 AM
Staff til epic.

End of story.

Avon Barksdale
03-10-2013, 03:07 AM
Also, go ahead and sell your snare whip since the spell is always going to be memmed anyway, casts quickly, and won't even dent your mana bar at higher levels. Spend your 10k getting/upgrading hp and ac in any slot you can. Get str after that.

You already have the Woodsman's, you're set on weapon til epics.

Kevynne
03-10-2013, 03:21 PM
OK, say you're lv 42. Lammy/WS or Woodsman? Also, at what level do you go to the other option? Extra bonus question... I've got 10k to play with. Current weapons owned are lammy, silk whip of snare, and mosscovered twig. I have no fbss. Whats best to spend the cash on?

Twig is complete garbage. Sell and get wurmy IMO.
Or save up for a staff

tommydgun
03-11-2013, 01:14 PM
the answer is to buy an fbss immediately... there is no point in getting a super sweet weapon when u already have decent weapons unless u already have an fbss

Doors
03-18-2013, 03:11 AM
I'm not sure where you people are getting this garbage but 2 handers on p99 blue are trash right now.

Woodsman staff until 40 or so when your dual wield/double attack skills up 200+ or so. Duel wielding is always better dps. Wurmslayer is nerfed so get a green jade axe for OH and a lupine dagger for MH.

When you can pull it off get a fayguard parrying dagger from HS and use green jade OH till epics. Anything else is trash, especially two handers even if its woodsman staff.

Ephirith
03-24-2013, 03:49 PM
I'm not sure where you people are getting this garbage but 2 handers on p99 blue are trash right now.

Woodsman staff until 40 or so when your dual wield/double attack skills up 200+ or so. Duel wielding is always better dps. Wurmslayer is nerfed so get a green jade axe for OH and a lupine dagger for MH.

When you can pull it off get a fayguard parrying dagger from HS and use green jade OH till epics. Anything else is trash, especially two handers even if its woodsman staff.

Do you have any evidence for what you are saying?

Nevermind a relative consensus in this thread, I parsed Woodsman's Staff extensively on my ranger, basically continuously from 40-54. Not only did it outdps dual-wield simply with auto-attack, but with clarity and well-timed nukes during the 2H swing timer it just left dual wield in the dust. I was consistently out-dpsing or matching many of the non-epiced monks I grouped with, particularly in the early 40's before their offensive skills outpace ours.

Tippett
03-25-2013, 02:50 PM
Not sure what Doors is smoking, anyone who has parsed knows Woodsman Staff is by far the best DPS until epic or VP weapons.

renordw
04-08-2013, 01:37 PM

AFAIK your delay resets when you finish casting.

fennixad
05-03-2013, 04:02 PM
i think fbss