PDA

View Full Version : noob advice

Reprobate
09-11-2012, 11:00 AM
What is a good solo pve class that is also decent in pvp? I don't really want to play a tank. I played a druid in vanguard and they were kinda op in pvp and ok in pve settings. Does the druid in everquest play anything similar to a vg druid?
I also enjoy playing rogue type classes but I dont have much experience in pvping with them.

After trying some of the new games i think im going to try eq to get my pvp fix. I'm a total noob to eq but played vanguard for several years now so im hoping they play similar.

SamwiseBanned
09-11-2012, 11:08 AM
hmm first i would look through the wiki and read each class description and maybe take a look at skills and abilities.

wiki.project1999.org

that being said Druid is a good class to start with. They can solo/group and also one of two classes who can port around so you can check Norrath out. i could write a whole novel on druids but a lot of stuff you need to see for yourself to understand.

Shrubwise
09-11-2012, 11:08 AM
Necromancer. Play a Necromancer.

mindsculptor
09-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Basically all the casters have decent solo ability and melee do not, but p99 wiki has alot of good info as samwise mentioned. Druids are great soloers ability to root/snare with DoTs and nukes or to use AE nukes to quad kite. They are pretty mediocre group members and usually serve as either a bad cleric or a bad wizard in a group, but on occasion their versatility can filll a nice gap in a group since they can snare, root, heal, nuke, buff, and port/evac(if the group wants to go somewhere else or escape a bad pull). PvP wise druids have alot of upside: spells that are hard to resist, track, ports, dots to counter zone dancing, pretty good nukes that are not magic based, root/snare(although these are resisted easily by someone with decent mr), but once you get going I am sure some real druids can give you better advice on pvping as a druid.

You should be warned if you never played classic eq that many aspects of the game are more harsh than other games. Traveling is pretty difficult for anyone other than a wizard or druid, death penalties are pretty big and leveling takes time(although this server has an xp bonus relative to classic xp it is still slower than what some seem accustomed too). That said I think that the death penalty makes fighting more intense/enjoyable and the slower xp rate makes the journey through the levels a bigger part of the game and there are fun things to do other than get max level and raid.

CrystalBlue
09-11-2012, 11:28 AM
Dont listen to the above poster or you will end up getting griefed off the server by level 17 like him:

http://i.imgur.com/wSAiW.png

Samwise and Mind gave you the best advice though.

Nirgon
09-11-2012, 11:36 AM
Human rogue or human warrior

Reprobate
09-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the advice guys. I didn't think to look on the wiki for info. I will look it over and see if I can make up my mind what class to play. Is there a shortage of any class? I don't really want to play a class that there is already an over abundance of.

Vile
09-11-2012, 01:19 PM
rogues

Vile
09-11-2012, 01:20 PM
Dont listen to the above poster or you will end up getting griefed off the server by level 17 like him:

why do you have like 8 forum accounts?

mindsculptor
09-11-2012, 03:37 PM
hit up mindsculptor for free starter jewelry once you get started

mindsculptor
09-11-2012, 04:31 PM
yeah roll with a human rogue i'd say, maybe even dark elf

put all of your starting stats into intelligence though because it's hard to get skill ups here(very important indeed)

there is a very good DE SK guide on this forum, perhaps he should go that route instead

Nirgon
09-11-2012, 05:29 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/33z92tc.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/ftlwz5.jpg

I kinda wish those were fake.

runlvlzero
09-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Druids kill me all the time ;p havnt had to deal with necros yet, i just gated to one the other night. They can pve just fine, but no were near as powerful as necro's or enchanter.

Sirken
09-12-2012, 08:38 PM

truth^^