PDA

View Full Version : hey whats up with red?

doublefresh
09-11-2012, 01:59 AM
Last time i had my interest peaked in red I made a "hey whats up whats a good class to come to server with" thread and it got flamed down hard. So as I feel pretty discontent with alot of blue (lack of grouping, gears, or grinding) its just PL/twink/raid (if you can)
THought I might make a red char and give yall a shot.
with that being said I played rallos zek on live but never went past like lvl 22 or somethin on my troll SK. So I dont know eq pvp super well whats a good class to jump in (obviously would lean troll SK if thats viable)

tehruoh
09-11-2012, 02:04 AM
play a solo class not alot of lower level groups aside from random_alt099 who may be willing to duo

jeffd
09-11-2012, 02:19 AM
if you see a single person before level 45, i'll be genuinely surprised. make something that can solo if you really want to play here.

BigSlip
09-11-2012, 02:36 AM
if you see a single person before level 45, i'll be genuinely surprised. make something that can solo if you really want to play here.

little exaggerated

mindsculptor
09-11-2012, 02:43 AM
there is an xp bonus that makes the low levels move quickly. low level groups may be hard to come by(but there is a fair bit of grouping, fighting, etc at 40+), but if you really look I doubt too hard to find a partner to xp with. Could always see if someone you are friends with on blue or elsewhere wants to start up same time with a complementary class.

Play a class that is appealing to you, most classes have their advantages in pvp. If you liked your sk, I think that is a quality choice, harm touch is obviously huge for pvp encounters, plus get alot of utility and good melee dmg. I personally think sks are one of the best pvp classes. Sks are also able to solo, albeit slowly, but that is certainly nice if you have trouble finding a partner at times.

mostbitter
09-11-2012, 02:46 AM
if you have to play a melee play a monk as you wont be depending on gear like other classes, otherwise play a necro

Nirgon
09-11-2012, 02:53 AM
A classic player such as yourself should have no problem dominating as a solo pure melee here

Scratch&Sniff
09-11-2012, 03:54 AM
not giving up is important, i do play more hours then most. but there are people to group with, most people of lower levels just want exp to, everyone on the server now is pretty much over low/mid level pvp, but the mid level pvp that happens is amazing. red is great fun, and tbh i like the lowish population, i like feeling like every person is important, so, at the same time i encourage you to join the server and level a toon, i kinda enjoy the >100 population.

there are mid level groups, groups before level 20 are gonna be tricky, bit better 30+ but all in all groups are tricky, i have had good luck and found a duo partner early on, who plays the same times and likes to grind like i do, i admit this has made it easyer for me, but perhaps its not to hard, throw up a /ooc new player seeks duo partner/group helps alot

/ooc is your biggest tool in red99 grouping/duoing, use it wisely and you will not fail. be respectfull and dont cry if you cant get a group/buffs/sow/port/rez. dont flame people, let people know that you would be fun to group with, be good at your class, these are all things that will take you though the low levels quickly.

tehruoh
09-11-2012, 04:26 AM
dont listen to the resident troll cwall. hes just mad.

HappyTr33z
09-11-2012, 05:29 AM
/ooc is your biggest tool in red99 grouping/duoing, use it wisely and you will not fail. be respectfull and dont cry if you cant get a group/buffs/sow/port/rez. dont flame people, let people know that you would be fun to group with, be good at your class, these are all things that will take you though the low levels quickly.
This, a million times. I may have been super duper uber lucky, but there wasn't a single day that I played on either of my red chars that I went without a group and I came here having my only prior EQ experience being the blue server for about a week. Didn't know a soul, didn't play a druid, had no problem leveling/gearing/making friends/pvping or anything else you would want to do.

Welcome to the box! If you need any help starting up send me a tell in game and I'll lend a hand if possible.

Tecmos Deception
09-11-2012, 09:19 AM
Last time i had my interest peaked in red I made a "hey whats up whats a good class to come to server with" thread and it got flamed down hard. So as I feel pretty discontent with alot of blue (lack of grouping, gears, or grinding) its just PL/twink/raid (if you can)
with that being said I played rallos zek on live but never went past like lvl 22 or somethin on my troll SK. So I dont know eq pvp super well whats a good class to jump in (obviously would lean troll SK if thats viable)

diplo
09-11-2012, 09:44 AM
i'd say 90% of the 'actual' population is 45+

it's going to be a lonely road until you hit that.

heartbrand
09-11-2012, 09:53 AM
Plenty of helpful people in game. Seek out someone with Red Dawn tag and im sure they'll be willing to help.

RoguePhantom
09-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Plenty of helpful people in game. Seek out someone with Red Dawn tag and im sure they'll be willing to help.

Looks like someone got unbanned.

HippoNipple
09-11-2012, 11:11 AM

So I dont know eq pvp super well whats a good class to jump in (obviously would lean troll SK if thats viable)

Dead man walking,

may God have mercy on your soul.

tehruoh
09-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Plenty of helpful people in game. Seek out someone with Nihilum tag and im sure they'll be willing to help.

fixt..

ok I guess some Red Dawns would be willing to help :)

mindsculptor
09-11-2012, 03:36 PM
if you see mindsculptor in game send me a tell I can hook you up with some cheap jewlry to get started