PDA

View Full Version : The simplest (and craziest) solution for Red

Splorf22
09-09-2012, 06:28 PM
Start every new character at L30 (maybe even 40) with reasonable gear/skills/spells for that level. OK, this sounds a little crazy but it has two huge advantages: it compresses the limited population into a smaller range of levels and zones, and it allows new players to skip the horrible solo grind to 40 where they can actually meet other people.

Discuss. Or flame. or whatever.

CrystalBlue
09-09-2012, 06:40 PM
naw, the simplest solution is to convert all existing xp bonus into group bonus, with a full group of six recieving the equivilent of the current combined flat rate bonus.

Relationships keep people playing games like this, not soloing to level 60 the fastest.

We need to do things that encourage grouping.

Period.

Dullah
09-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Free epics also imo.

HappyTr33z
09-09-2012, 07:54 PM
Better yet how about everybody starts off with all end game dragon lewts so we don't have to even grind anything!

EVEN BETTER YET LETS JUST NOT PLAY AT ALL!

Splorf22
09-09-2012, 07:58 PM
I keep forgetting that the vast majority of Nihilum simply want their 40 man PVE server where they don't have to batphone :D

Splorf22
09-09-2012, 08:01 PM
I would like to add that 1-30 is probably about 15% of the total playing time to L60 if that, but why worry about that when you can make hyperbolic comments.

HappyTr33z
09-09-2012, 08:11 PM
Cutting through levels on a game like this negates the entire point of playing, if I just wanted a game where I could hop on and have a PvP killfest without having to develop and build my own char for more than a few hrs I would play retail WoW.

There is already double XP which is more than enough imo, groups are around at every level if you talk to people and make friends. I haven't had a bit of trouble so far, and I hear it only gets easier the higher you get.

SamwiseBanned
09-09-2012, 08:54 PM
The founding fathers of VV and I managed to level a guilds worth of toons with lower population. I am starting to think my destiny is to lead and organize newbs to end game where they then spread there wings and take flight. Seriously one of you noobs needs to take charge and level up a new force. If I don't see some iniative soon, I will be forced to lace up my leather boots and build a new army.

Splorf22
09-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Shrug I'm L20 already (some help from friends, a little PL, thanks Smalltalk). I just find soloing boring and thats as an Enchanter. I can only imagine some poor scrub who wants to roll warrior.

Shrubwise
09-09-2012, 09:41 PM
hi i dont find this server fun any more so it should be radically changed

Splorf22
09-09-2012, 09:47 PM
Oh I don't anticipate this happening at all. I'm just saying the current population low and if anything dropping; if you want more (and all the recruitment threads on blue seem to indicate some people do at least) you'll probably need some changes. It's one random idea.

But I guess I should have realized I'd just get a bunch of troll responses; the pvp forums are like blue RNF. Guess that makes me the idiot for expecting a rational conversation.

EQtrader
09-09-2012, 10:29 PM
i got a simple solution for this server....

power button off.

JenJen
09-10-2012, 02:10 AM
i initially rolled a warrior, got to 52 in about a month...there are groups just have to form them yourself or join a guild asap!

Dullah
09-10-2012, 05:48 AM
It takes a matter of hours to powerlevel a character to 30. Maybe a week to level to 30, if you have someone to level with.

Where will the trivialization end?

filthyphil
09-10-2012, 09:45 AM
I just started last night and after about 3 hours I am level 10. I would probably be twelve but somebodies geared alt kept killing me so I went to a shittier camp. I level so fast I can't keep up with buying my spells.

If you see.... GIVE ME SUM MUNEZ!!! <3

Shrubwise
09-10-2012, 10:01 AM
le sigh

Greegon
09-10-2012, 10:26 AM
EVEN BETTER YET LETS JUST NOT PLAY AT ALL!

JEANYUS

Greegon
09-10-2012, 10:28 AM
The founding fathers of VV and I managed to level a guilds worth of toons with lower population. I am starting to think my destiny is to lead and organize newbs to end game where they then spread there wings and take flight. Seriously one of you noobs needs to take charge and level up a new force. If I don't see some iniative soon, I will be forced to lace up my leather boots and build a new army.
double post-- samwise server MVP

Xantille
09-10-2012, 11:42 AM
why does red need a 'solution', it's not running like a well oiled machine atm?

SamwiseBanned
09-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Nothing wrong with server. Emu vets just mad cuz they got slapped around by people they consider bluebies. Did you really expect to dominate this server without resistance? Can't believe you guys are still butthurt about losing a few rounds to Nilly. Get over it bros, log back on, and whoop some ass. Or keep QQing up the forums.

SamwiseBanned
09-10-2012, 12:15 PM
I remember the last time a few of you logged in. I was thinking to myself, "sweet let's team up and go fight Nihilum." not a minute later you guys start training a 40s group in solb. I dont get. You guys claim to be pvP gurus but in all honesty none of you have impressed me besides Lewis. Hella bad, hella mad, and a whole lotta sad.

CrystalBlue
09-10-2012, 01:37 PM
Good posts samwise, very true.

Nirgon
09-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Nihilum had all but disbanded and quit once their dragon exploit tactics were stolen and they were spawned camped in Lavastorm. Crystal (trollborn) wasn't there when the real pvp happened :). But please, continue talking about the server you joined after most people left... and course, your victories.

SamwiseBanned
09-10-2012, 02:34 PM
samwise reading red99 history books written by nihilum

Actually my account of server history is not biased towards holo, ff, or nilly. I had something against each of them hence why Samwise remained guild less after IF broke up. Please tell me what really happened.

Nirgon
09-10-2012, 02:34 PM
samwise trying to join nihilum

SamwiseBanned
09-10-2012, 02:37 PM
NEver would I join Nihilum or another dominating guild. I came here to fight not sit back and take handouts

heartbrand
09-10-2012, 02:49 PM
^ poster burnt hundreds of hours on LoZ farming PVE pixels. credibility? zero

SamwiseBanned
09-10-2012, 02:53 PM
holocaust v IF
lovely exploits to level up
breaks off from IF and forms nihilum with other bluebies
nihilum mass recruits anyone who wants to join
exploits content and brags about it on forums
some holocaust members that stuck it out through the god awful grind got in range, beat them at their own game
holocaust banned/disbanded
no punishments for nihilum other than taking away (some) exploited dragon loots MONTHS after the fact
rogaine totally MIA despite a plethora of server issues
founding fathers tries to stand up against the zerg
jersey crew sucks and loses and quits
server dead for months
vae victus formed and mass recruits to become a lower level tier version of nihilum
amelinda removed from GM status due to RMT corruption
kunark brings pop back to 150 for a day or two, then falls down drastically once people realize that kunark isn't what the server needed at all
server dying yet again

there is your red99 history

am i missing anything?

Lol who cares about Lovely. As far as banning goes, what a bunch of losers to cheat at a 13 year old emu. Should Nihilum have received a ban for same thing? Duh but weren't caught in the act. Kinda like real life when the one time you decide to meet a 15 year old you met on yahoo for sex and it turns out to be a dateline to catch a predictor sting. Shit happens. Some people get away with murder some don't. It doesn't change the fact that cheating scum got caught. VV mass recruited during 40 pop? Lol amelinda is gone so why bring her up. On phone so can't write novel but the shit you are complying about has nothing to do with red99 now

Nirgon
09-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Lol who cares about Lovely. As far as banning goes, what a bunch of losers to cheat at a 13 year old emu. Should Nihilum have received a ban for same thing? Duh but weren't caught in the act. Kinda like real life when the one time you decide to meet a 15 year old you met on yahoo for sex and it turns out to be a dateline to catch a predictor sting. Shit happens. Some people get away with murder some don't. It doesn't change the fact that cheating scum got caught. VV mass recruited during 40 pop? Lol amelinda is gone so why bring her up. On phone so can't write novel but the shit you are complying about has nothing to do with red99 now

They were caught in the act by everyone who read the forums :P. Lovely posted his own photographic evidence of them doing it and Hughman lulzing his brains out over it.

Anywho.

The point is some of us would move past that if developmental interest improves on the server and past mistakes are remembered going forward. Lots of others? Gone for good and it's too bad :(.

heartbrand
09-10-2012, 03:04 PM
I actually posted that picture, having been on that raid, and Lovely had quit @ that point.

SamwiseBanned
09-10-2012, 03:04 PM
the point is lovely was bragging about tons of exploits on the forum and GMs didn't care

there was a thread with over 1000 replies in rnf where rogean exposed nihilum's exploited dragon kills by posting their logs, but didn't do anything other than supposedly remove some dragon loot items several months after the fact(highly unlikely considering he was immersed in tortanic at the time)

please continue to spout retarded false bullshit when you weren't around when it happened
Damn dude. If one persons exploits on a 13 year old emu Are troubling you this much, I suggest professional help. Lovely isn't even relevant anymore move on bro

heartbrand
09-10-2012, 03:05 PM
^ poster spent well over 12 hours straight farming giants in frontier mountains for a 10 ac +7 str ring on LoZ simply because it says "best in slot" on the p99 wiki

hilarious hearing mornin when he logged on your enchanter and immediately asked in vent, "why the fuck does heartbrand have 34 forest loops in his bags?"

Unlike you I don't hide my enjoyment of EverQuest behind "pvp," btw, has anyone ever seen cwall PVP before? Haven't encountered this badass yet in game I'm confused?

Nirgon
09-10-2012, 03:09 PM
I'm not denying PvE is a major part of classic EQ PvP. The PvP vets here are bored of that same old content and really do enjoy EQ PvP. Hence, you may see them say OK let's reduce this PvE grind and let us get straight to the parts we like.

I just want classic. It involves alot of PvE, but a lot of PvP too :P... both involve a lot of TIME. Time I don't want to spend any more if there's no intentions of making things like they're supposed to be. The "rogues backstab for either 1000 or 30 and root spam to victory" servers have been a dime a dozen.

has anyone ever seen cwall PVP before?

He was stomping faces I believe on the beta on his shaman. He quickly got bored I think with the level grind.

SamwiseBanned
09-10-2012, 03:11 PM
I just find it funny that instead of logging On, leveling up, and "schooling" Nihilum they instead cry or log on and train lowbies for lulz. Meanwhile the people who holo considers "non factors" are out pveing and pvping them. I'm guessing years of garbage boxes made them actually believe they were good but got a wake up call on this server.

heartbrand
09-10-2012, 03:12 PM
It's just laughable that the so-called PVP badasses of this server keep thumping their chests on these forums. They know where Nihilum is. Got a group @ fungi king, group @ crypt, a few in howling stones. Prolly a couple more in seb. Do they go there seeking this PVP they crave so much? No, they're scattered around Norrath doing solo exp Specters or quad kiting or bard kiting. These are your pvp champs folks. When they cry about pvp on this board, they cry about not enough unguilded newbs to killshot mid fight with NPC's that they can get e-peen over. The real pvp, the one for the pixels, is right there for the taking, but they know they would lose.

SamwiseBanned
09-10-2012, 03:13 PM
you are literally retarded if you haven't gotten the point of what i'm saying yet

i won red99 because i didn't waste days and days of my life levelling up to get banned because the GMs simply don't like my guild

you never saw me pvp on LoZ because you were busy farming 10ac 7str rings in frontier mountains

No one was banned for just being in holo hence why clean whistle Nirgon is still here.

heartbrand
09-10-2012, 03:15 PM
I was in holo and I didn't get banned either. Only the idiots who purposely walled Nagafen after being told by the staff not to got banned. Should Nihilum have been punished also? Sure. Does that make it right what they did? Nope. But I'm a bit confused anyway. I thought PvE was easy? Didn't cwall and pals tell us that again and again? Why did they even need to wall Nagafen? Couldn't they just have walked right up to him with those superior pve skills that are so ez and down him? Bit confused on that...

heartbrand
09-10-2012, 03:16 PM
yeah let me just spend a month of my life to level up a character to pvp on a server with shitty resists and bias GMs

okay dawg let me get right on that

wasted month playing on server where melees hit for 500+, trak dies to 6-8 people, hoops are rechargeable, resists non-existent

heartbrand
09-10-2012, 03:19 PM
yeah let me just spend a month of my life to level up a character to pvp on a server with shitty resists and bias GMs

okay dawg let me get right on that

pve isn't hard legit but killing nagafen with 7 level 40 characters is impossible

both guilds were doing that, holocaust got banned, nihilum didn't

if one guild is doing something to get an advantage without punishment, why couldn't the other guild beat them to it?

dum

First of all, when I was in nihilum, we never did Nagafen with "7" people, we did it 20+. Secondly, I was on multiple nagafen attempts with Holocaust and they all involved those "zerg" numbers you speak of. If it was only 7 level 40's who attempted nagafen that fateful night the ban hammer came down, the vast majority of holocaust would have never been suspended. The facts are eluding you pal.

heartbrand
09-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Let's not even discuss the week that he put those PoP disc's in and Xant and Meatplow one shotted everyone in game. Yup, LoZ legit as fuck pals.

SamwiseBanned
09-10-2012, 03:22 PM
pve isn't hard legit but killing nagafen with 7 level 40 characters is impossible

both guilds were doing that, holocaust got banned, nihilum didn't

if one guild is doing something to get an advantage without punishment, why couldn't the other guild beat them to it?

dum

melees hit hard, but caster spells like bane of nife are 3 second casts, making it somewhat balanced

melees are a bit stronger in certain situations i agree but you spent an equal amount of time poopsocking worthless pixels while i spent a majority of my time pvping
It's good you learn that life isn't always fair. Btw why are you wasting time on these forums if you have no I tensions of playing?

Nirgon
09-10-2012, 03:45 PM
No one was banned for just being in holo hence why clean whistle Nirgon is still here.

Clean whistle Nirgon is still here because he wasn't standing there watching. If I can incriminate myself for a moment? I was killing other players while my guild was exploiting the dragon to keep them out, consider me involved in all that then. I don't have a problem telling the truth unlike some people who transferred exploited loots as many times as possible to be as big as pain in the ass to Rogean as possible. Well being a pain in the ass is a side effect of it, they were trying to save their precious (sploited pixels).

Might I add lvl 33 Hpt (Heather) the wizard was banned just for standing around there.

Perhaps from the last comment you can see that an "influenced" (happy to assist in melting that face btw!) dumb bell made the calls there and Rogean likely took her on word (fine) and then ONLY on what she told him. After another certain community exile blew the situation up and attracted his attention.. luckily he listened. Then I imagine he rubbed a few brain cells together and, he corrected most of the issue. But then, he unfortunately went back to Hoth or wtfever before really following through. I'm not saying he can't take a break from P99, but well, maybe he can't if the people he leaves in charge are going to do the shit they were doing. I only fault him for being gone really because of what happened if I really think things through.

If he's back for good? Great. I think Sirken and Ambertis are fine GMs so far but haven't dealt with them in game here yet.

HappyTr33z
09-10-2012, 03:45 PM
It's good you learn that life isn't always fair. breaking life rules is one thing, but breaking Everquest rules is just low. I mean we are all automatically losers because we play this game, but if we couldn't even play this game the legit way.... that's like double, maybe even triple loser-dom!I would not think such feats of failure have yet been performed by mortal men...

But gm favoritism =/= cool, I know I would definitely drop this shit if I ever witnessed people being allowed to break the rules because they know a GM or get special treatment in any way. I'm just not gonna leave based on hearsay of it :P

SamwiseBanned
09-10-2012, 03:51 PM
breaking life rules is one thing, but breaking Everquest rules is just low. I mean we are all automatically losers because we play this game, but if we couldn't even play this game the legit way.... that's like double, maybe even triple loser-dom!I would not think such feats of failure have yet been performed by mortal men...

But gm favoritism =/= cool, I know I would definitely drop this shit if I ever witnessed people being allowed to break the rules because they know a GM or get special treatment in any way. I'm just not gonna leave based on hearsay of it :P

So if you get a speeding ticket it's not because you are speeding but it's because the cop is playing favorites?

SamwiseBanned
09-10-2012, 03:53 PM
"life isn't always fair" is a pretty shitty excuse for obviously corrupt GMs

stop sucking nihilum's dick, it's seriously so pathetic to see

Lol my sole objective has been to destroy Nihilum. Meanwhile your bluebie has was farming it uP on LoZ.

Nirgon
09-10-2012, 03:55 PM
Well, he wasn't watching his guild get fucked in the ass by Devnoob over there either. Think whatever you want pals, your disillusion is funny yet sad.

SamwiseBanned
09-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Didn't realize getting suspended for exploiting was getting assfucked.

SamwiseBanned
09-10-2012, 04:00 PM
And as soon as Amelindas rmt stuff came to light she was swiftly removed from staff.

Nirgon
09-10-2012, 04:01 PM
You're missing on other pieces of history too, pal. There's a lot you "don't realize". It was a continuing trend of ridiculous shit.

How about the rule about CT? They abused it and I was told "it was OK". Then after we really put that to work against them and ruined a night and a half of raiding? That rule was later overturned to support a larger guild being allowed to do it to a smaller guild.

The point is everyone, including me, was fet up at that point. The time investment we made was before you guys all got the xp bonus and there weren't people with trade skills or jewelry to buy, we hadta carry melees (zomg no lvl 49 druid thorns/skin/regen! lol @ the melees complaining now) and farm shit as non 50s.

PS You guys be looking at a hard ban if you keep using specific terms about "that situation". I'd go back and erase :P, 4real.

heartbrand
09-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Dude omg stfu about CT. Literally one time Troriste came in, and in all honesty, likely aggroed CT by accident setting off the cycle. Your brilliant idea was then having lethdar / letsjoe bind underneath CT. If you fail to see the difference I really can't help you.

CrystalBlue
Cwall getting exposed and destroyed from all sides in this thread lol love it.

btw, has anyone ever seen cwall PVP before? Haven't encountered this badass yet in game I'm confused?

why yes Heartbrand, see below:

http://i.imgur.com/wSAiW.png

heartbrand
^ lol

SamwiseBanned
i'd consider it assfucking when the opposition is allowed to without punishment

I find it hilarious that cheaters are mad at cheaters. I can tell you guys aren't sorry but sorry you got caught. I dare say you guys would have used that exploit had you found out about it. Again I'm anti Nihilum but if you think I'm going to kiss your ass you are mistaken.

Nirgon
09-10-2012, 04:05 PM
Dude omg stfu about CT. Literally one time Troriste came in, and in all honesty, likely aggroed CT by accident setting off the cycle. Your brilliant idea was then having lethdar / letsjoe bind underneath CT. If you fail to see the difference I really can't help you.

My idea wasn't to bind him there, they came up with that and yes if that's allowed it's a brilliant idea. What's not a brilliant idea is how it was allowed in the first place and how there was no real set of rules besides what the current single GM had been convinced was OK on blue.

And Heartbrand? Really? You said that was one of the best nights of your EQ career.

Nirgon
09-10-2012, 04:09 PM
And to think we actually had Rogean getting interested again... gj team, hadta bring it up.

Nothing wrong with server. Emu vets just mad cuz they got slapped around by people they consider bluebies. Did you really expect to dominate this server without resistance? Can't believe you guys are still butthurt about losing a few rounds to Nilly. Get over it bros, log back on, and whoop some ass. Or keep QQing up the forums.

^ Credits given to Rocket Surgeon Samwise. I've lost so much faith in you son.

SamwiseBanned
09-10-2012, 04:12 PM
The situation could have been handled better but at the same time it's sad it had to come down to gm intervention. They reverted bans, fixed exploit, and took some dragon loot. Overall I think the issue was resolved. So can we move on now?

Nirgon
09-10-2012, 04:13 PM
Yeah I think a lot of people can especially if you stop bringing it up to try and score cool points.

Dullah
09-10-2012, 04:14 PM
ITT: heartbrand grows wiser, recovers from Holocaust brainwashing. many clues gotten, learns importance of pve in pvp.

cwall, still horrible, cries of injustices continually ignorant of facts.

SamwiseBanned
09-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Yeah I think a lot of people can especially if you stop bringing it up to try and score cool points.

If I brought it uP I apologize but I thought you guys did.

HippoNipple
09-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Banning Holocaust was the worst thing that ever happened to this server. Population was still rising and pvp was good on all levels. Once it happened it gave people a reason to question the integrity of the server. Holocaust made it worse by blowing it out of proportion but the damage was done either way. I wasn't high enough level at the time, I was only level 30, but it seemed like a couple weeks later I was the only one in the zones leveling anymore.

Once a population is in decline and there is a negative outlook on how fair a server is things go south. You are supposed to look forward to high end content not thinking you are getting ripped off by others cheating or getting special treatment. Even if it was a rumor it did its damage.

I don't know why Nihilum got special treatment or overlooked on their exploits but it hurt the server. Whether it was their fault or not. It looks like they don't care at the moment anyways since competition/pvp isn't what they were after.

CrystalBlue
09-10-2012, 05:46 PM
He just needs drama in his life. Makes him feel alive.

Dullah
09-10-2012, 06:27 PM
dribble...

I had no idea what happened between holo and nihilum regarding Nagafen or exploits, bannings and leniency, but I talk like I do

...dribble

EQtrader
09-10-2012, 07:07 PM
cwall exploting the truth, can you picture heartbrand's life without everquest?

Dullah
09-10-2012, 07:10 PM
admission of ignoring people on forums is openly declaring your incompetence and inability to defend or rebut an argument

Tradesonred
09-10-2012, 09:31 PM
must have a pretty awful life if you spend all of your time being terrible at everquest

Gotta wonder though about the lives of people who come here every day to bitch and moan when they apparently havent played for months.

When i left blue, my forum activity consisted of "Sup Uthgaard? Still an asshole? See ya in 6 months!"

Scratch&Sniff
09-10-2012, 10:19 PM
not newb to this server, started day 1 on grunnballs troll'hats, just took a year off, saw to many shamans when i got back, rolled rogue to show people that rogue is viable pvp, there is balance in the game, and im 3 to 1 pvp cuz i use teamwork (a part of eq pvp), EQ pvp is balanced, its balanced by the skill of the player.

anyone who knows me from blue will know that i am far from newb.

I rolled rogue cuz i am not newb, i knew it was going to be one of the hardest classes to play on this sever, and i think i have done a good job showing that it is not.

props to chewie, the only player so far to kill me when i was behind the keyboard, i have had 2 deaths to PKers i dont count because i was afk naked at the dock waiting for boat.

PK naked afk rogue, you dishonor your famiry.

To any blue players reading this, im not gonna say blue is weak or nothing like that
i will say, come to red, kill for honor and valor, bathe your swords in the blood of fallen enemy's and bring honor to yourself.

Prove your worth on the field of battle, show everyone that only you deserves to have the title of (best insert class here) dont talk, act, zen says walk dont wobble, get on red and show everyone how hard your body and mind is. and if you cant take it, well i guess blue is more the place for ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OMTB8YwILY

Scratch&Sniff
09-10-2012, 10:31 PM
PS give casters back full dmg spells, they dont have enough power, and im not fucking joking, cleric should rape me, but nukes dont hurt enough.

HippoNipple
09-11-2012, 04:16 PM
... I get it... nice quote.

Everyone knows the story because it is told on these forums every day. The reason it is talked about is because it was a defining point for this server.

This server sucks right now and there are about 20 people defending it because they have sunk the most time into it. The competition on this server is terrible. I'm not saying it is Nihilum's fault, they are the only ones sticking it out playing on the server, but the fact is the server sucks right now. It isn't the rules of the server, it is the population and therefore lack of competition.

You will most likely say you like the server how it is and maybe you do, but obviously the majority don't. People complain and point fingers on here every day because it pisses them off that this server, which they have been waiting forever for, is a failure for some reason.

Giovanni
09-11-2012, 10:24 PM
I had fun pvping the week before Kunark launched.

Then Kunark came out. Ever tried pvping in Sebilis behind locked doors on a server where training is a bannable offense? I don't, never even tried...

jdklaw
09-11-2012, 11:35 PM
training should be legal