PDA

View Full Version : Spell Research & Necromancer Fear Kiting.

Shrubwise
09-07-2012, 10:52 AM
Playing my first Necromancer past level 13. I have a couple of questions:

1- Spell research. What's the best way to skill up? I leveled it to 25 via skill points at the guild trainer. Now what? I'm under the impression I can only skill up by combining words. If this is the case I'm going to need a shit ton of words, no?

2- The whole 'lower cha = better fears' as a necromancer. I've heard this said several times but could never get official confirmation. What's the word on this?

Namaste bitches.

Lucky
09-07-2012, 11:09 AM
You can make "practice spells"

http://wiki.project1999.org/index.php/Skill_Research#Practice_Runes

Lower cha = better charms, dont think so for fear BUT U NER KNO

Raavak
09-07-2012, 11:32 AM
2- The whole 'lower cha = better fears' as a necromancer. I've heard this said several times but could never get official confirmation. What's the word on this?

Thought this was confirmed false.

filthyphil
09-07-2012, 05:36 PM
As far as spell research goes, you will never be able to trivial research a spell your level. So your best bet is to have a higher level necro do it for you. I've had no trouble getting my spells researched by another player.

& for the Charisma... I've heard it was false, & I've heard it was true. Alot of people believe it to be true because many necro only items have -cha on them. Those who believe it to be false, probably do so because somebody else told them it was false, who was told it was false by another, who was told it was false by another, who may or may not have googled the question 8 years ago on live. Someone needs to test it here & now to be able to say if it does or does not.

Lucky
09-08-2012, 11:57 AM
def lower cha works for charm, i know because i grinded 420aa at level 60 in veksar.

to have it reliably safe was orb of tishan + -cha items, both count toward the formula for charm breaks

Nordenwatch
10-01-2012, 02:11 PM
def lower cha works for charm, i know because i grinded 420aa at level 60 in veksar.

to have it reliably safe was orb of tishan + -cha items, both count toward the formula for charm breaks

You mean tashing through orb of tishan right, not simply just holding it?

Nagash
10-01-2012, 06:39 PM

1- Spell research. What's the best way to skill up? I leveled it to 25 via skill points at the guild trainer. Now what? I'm under the impression I can only skill up by combining words. If this is the case I'm going to need a shit ton of words, no?

As said, you'll never be able to trivial the new spells you should get and leveling research is a PITA, best find a necromancer who can do the research for you and find the words. I'm happy to do your combines (hit me up on Nagash or Petitpas online if you see me).

Don't worry, the only effect CHA has for you is the value of stuff you buy/sell from/to merchants. I'm affraid it stats and ends here for us.

Nagash

Autotune
10-03-2012, 04:51 AM

Namaste bitches.

1) I spent right at around 2k paying to max out research on my necro (long before kunark came out)

2) CHA = for selling and maybe undead lulls (I never worried about it for lulls)

Silo69
10-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Thought this was confirmed false.

the above statement is true