PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of going from Blue to Red, how would a pvp newb fair?

Hagglebaron
09-05-2012, 06:45 AM
Would I just be food for the sharks? I would be playing as a regular player, not as a tunnel goer. I was thinking Cleric or Mage, or maybe Druid if the environment was alright for traditional bluebies.

Scratch&Sniff
09-05-2012, 07:23 AM
you will do fine, thought i was gonna get owned as a rogue, but they tear up cloth wearing classes

Smedy
09-05-2012, 07:27 AM
You'll be fine, considering your great rep you could join the zerg and just sit and do nothing, or you could struggle like the rest of us 10% that are left and stick it to the man

HappyTr33z
09-05-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm pretty sure I have an Ogre War Maul rotting in the bank, and if not I can grab you one out of Najena real quick. If you make a small race CLR, I also have a Death Mountain Belt.

But as for how well you will do, I came to red after playing EQ1 for I think a week and a half maybe 2 weeks. Only long term MMO experience before that is WoW and a stint in WAR/SWTOR, and I am going 8 - 0 on my pally and something like 10 - 2 as a warrior. I got geared in the first 3 days of being here with a full set of banded, SBS, a crystalline blade and some earrings, and you being a prominent blue player will prolly help you get a hook-up even sooner.

PhantomRogue
09-05-2012, 08:10 AM
You'll be fine, considering your great rep you could join the zerg and just sit and do nothing, or you could struggle like the rest of us 10% that are left and stick it to the man

10%? Isn't that how often you login?

WHERE YOU BEEN BRAH?

Smedy
09-05-2012, 08:27 AM
10%? Isn't that how often you login?

WHERE YOU BEEN BRAH?

Working and then working out, then after work and theeeeen i login.

Tonight pal, first day off this week, i will do big things in norrath, ready your hotpockets

runlvlzero
09-06-2012, 12:57 AM
I'm pretty sure I have an Ogre War Maul rotting in the bank, and if not I can grab you one out of Najena real quick. If you make a small race CLR, I also have a Death Mountain Belt.

But as for how well you will do, I came to red after playing EQ1 for I think a week and a half maybe 2 weeks. Only long term MMO experience before that is WoW and a stint in WAR/SWTOR, and I am going 8 - 0 on my pally and something like 10 - 2 as a warrior. I got geared in the first 3 days of being here with a full set of banded, SBS, a crystalline blade and some earrings, and you being a prominent blue player will prolly help you get a hook-up even sooner.

YOu counting vs starwind in that 10-2... make that 9-2 ;p

Haul
09-06-2012, 01:12 AM
The xping is super quick. I'd just advise against joining Nihilum all they care about is their inner council and cycling through/burning out normal members like pawns in a chess game. They will act like they respect or like you, but it's all a crock of shit- Be nice to have you onboard though for Red Dawn if you're interested. All the best with either decision you make buddy! *salute

Dullah
09-06-2012, 01:23 AM
So says the guy who farmed manastones to sell during every raid, and yet was still award raid loot (white dragon scale) just days before he was banned for RMT.

Surprised you're even allowed on these forums.

Haul
09-06-2012, 04:37 AM
So says the guy who farmed manastones to sell during every raid, and yet was still award raid loot (white dragon scale) just days before he was banned for RMT.

Dude I played blue for 2 years b4 red99 and had shit stockpiled as well. I wasn't gonna let stuff collect dust just because you guys said I shouldn't do something. I prefer pvp over pve. You're a fuckin jealous little pety nerd. What I did didn't take away from all the hours I put in doing free JC, helping pvp, helping raid, being our #1 ench, dragging corpses of noobs like Supreme who constantly would die inside lguk, constantly going out of my way to buff people leveling, and being an excellent pvp teammate and respectful and caring guildmember. Eat a dick real talk. Everyones business is there own and what I did with my free time is absolutely zero of your business you piece of trash. You talk as if I stole stuff from the guild and used third party cheating shit :cool: Boils down to you being jealous I made guap, and moved on. Shows you're a fair weather friend and how you guys have little to no respect/loyalty for your fellow members unless they're sucking on your dick and they never farm for themselves. You and I did plenty of fun pvp together and you just toss all that aside like it never even happened. Some human being you are lmao. I would have farmed the exact same amount either way- God bless noob

CrystalBlue
09-06-2012, 10:23 AM
Haul, everyone hated you and thought you were greedy scum that was so low class in life and had nothing going on IRL that you had to sit infront of a computer all day/everyday turning chinese sweatshop gold farming dribble to pay for your drug habit.

Anytime you open your foul mouth in /ooc several people speak up in /guildchat with one of many "oh yeah Haul screwed me at such and such camp once too, said he "really needed" the drop and then RMTed the next day",etc.

I'm very sorry you have nothing going for you IRL and have to "work" while we all play. But dont worry, Obama getting 4 more years and job market lookin up.

Red Dawn: do NOT let this guy anywhere near the corpse of any mob over level 40.... you have been warned.

p.s. To the Admins: Why is this RMT kingpin scum still on the server and boards? Track down and ban every account he has touched, asap.

PhantomRogue
09-06-2012, 10:29 AM
p.s. To the Admins: Why is this RMT kingpin scum still on the server and boards? Track down and ban every account he has touched, asap.

Because like any good criminal, they know who to bribe.

jeffd
09-06-2012, 12:11 PM
lots of tldrs

some of you dudes need to have less emotions re: this 40 person server

Leftoverture
09-06-2012, 12:32 PM

Isn't this a model nihilum member?

diplo
09-06-2012, 12:56 PM
too many mad on this thread...@hagglebaron, i personally don't think you'd even see any pvp til like 40+.

runlvlzero
09-07-2012, 06:13 AM
maybe if your luck you'll get ganked in CB or unrest, but basically you can hit 50+ totally avoiding people atm. If thats your thing. But if you look for it, you will find pvp. Got to go play were its at though )

Labanen
09-07-2012, 07:03 AM
maybe if your luck you'll get ganked in CB or unrest, but basically you can hit 50+ totally avoiding people atm. If thats your thing. But if you look for it, you will find pvp. Got to go play were its at though )^^^ thats how it is pretty much. And the punishment for dying in pvp is very mild, just avoid going afk for a day or two like some people did in the past... its just not clever on this server unless you wanna go back to lvl 1.