PDA

View Full Version : Question about display resolution

Droog007
09-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Currently playing on a laptop in 1600x900. This is pretty good, but when playing a large race, it feels a little cramped in 3rd person. I can't see much above/ahead of me. Also, I noticed that at character select some races will have their name barely visible above their heads.

I recognize that the game was designed when screens were mostly 4:3, but I'm not going to use a 4:3 monitor, I like playing in fullscreen mode, and I really don't want to operate outside my monitors' native res.

Here's my question: If I run at a higher 16:9 resolution, say, 1920x1080 - will I see more of the world around my character in 3rd person views, or will things just scale up? Maybe I'd be happier with an 8:5 (1680x1050) monitor?

As I type this, I've almost convinced myself that 1920x1080 is the way to go (but will my UI elements be microscopic?)... but I'd love some confirmation from someone who has experienced the same thing.

Thanks,

doacleric
09-03-2012, 06:12 PM
The answer is - don't play in 3rd person. Its buggy and doesn't look right because the game was made to be played primarily in 1st person.

sykotic
09-06-2012, 11:33 AM
I use 1920x1080 and everything works pretty well, except some of the text gets fragmented. But that could be unrelated. Yes the UI gets pretty small.

I play 3rd person pretty much 90% of the time and there's plenty of room around my char to see even as a large race. Just have to zoom out a little.

I couldn't take staring at a sack of fat though so no ogre/troll for me.