PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Can you not recharge items on red?

diplo
09-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Took a really long hiatus and now I'm back and I was pretty sure I was trying to recharge my spider nets. Did the dev's take it out or is it broken?

If it was taken out, I hope it wasn't due to Lovely's actions =(

karsten
09-04-2012, 02:31 AM
was taken out, and was at least in part due to our ol pal lovely

Yukahwa
09-04-2012, 08:10 PM
I guess devs never played EQ pvp? Abusing clickies has always been in place.

Pringles
09-04-2012, 08:40 PM
was taken out, and was at least in part due to our ol pal lovely

For those of us that dont play on Red, what did Lovely do?

Yukahwa
09-04-2012, 09:41 PM
Think about what someone could do to help dev's decide to remove item recharge?

Probably using 500DD planes wizzie only clickies and with a friend recharging them (they are lore).

Thats just my guess.

Nirgon
09-05-2012, 03:32 PM
It should be removed from blue too, but I don't need to fight a 30 point war.

Nirgon
11-05-2012, 01:02 PM
No its a game breaking bug that trivializes content.

Things like manastones dropping or levitate being in plane of sky are features, this stuff is just really dumb. I still can't believe they have it on blue.

Lazortag
11-05-2012, 01:02 PM
There was a huge outcry to have this removed, now people are asking for it back. The same is true of casters respawning with mana. I really don't get you guys sometimes.

The fact is, item recharging compounded all of the other problems with this server. If root was landing too frequently, root nets became utterly insane. Also conflag wands, ivandyr's hoops, gate items (like the WC cap), would all be ridiculous if they were rechargeable. They make pvp encounters very formulaic and dependent on who has the most of a certain rechargeable item, which is lame. Trust me, you don't want item recharging to be reimplemented.

bamzal
11-05-2012, 01:31 PM
huge outcry????? two people asked for this back.. and how many asked for mana back?
total: not worth your crypost

edit: just found the 1 guy asking for mana on respawn. He just started playing EQ for the first time last month, and was not even aware it was previously changed. I guess your rant is warrented..... NOT

Nirgon
11-05-2012, 01:37 PM
I think the midnight mallet and wc gate caps in their current state of abuse are just completely game altering and frankly ridiculous on blue. Shame upon them.

Lazortag
11-05-2012, 01:44 PM
edit: nvm

heartbrand
11-05-2012, 03:31 PM
I just wish the non-pvp items could be recharged, no reason things like Puppet Strings shouldn't still be rechargeable for example. /shrug

bamzal
11-05-2012, 04:24 PM
oopa my bad