PDA

View Full Version : Considering joining

Autumnbow
08-31-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm kind of wary of doing this, because of the low population, but unless something miraculous happens and a new game comes out that actually seems interesting this is like my only option. What's it like, being a new player here? Will I have anyone to group with? I don't like soloing; this is an MMO and I should be grouping and being social instead of playing a single player game.

I am the sort of player that likes to help people, and not be mean to others, so I was thinking maybe a cleric as my character? Are there lots of clerics, or would people be willing to group with me? Is everyone max level already?

Vanguard recently went free to play, and I would be playing there except they do not have a PvP server. I used to play EQ PvP, but was never much into the raid scene and I'm the sort of player that gets lots and confused a lot.

heartbrand
08-31-2012, 12:57 AM
Clerics needed badly, welcome to the server

Autumnbow
08-31-2012, 12:58 AM
Wow, that was a fast response. Will there be friends for me to play with?

diplo
08-31-2012, 01:05 AM
"peak" times are around 8pm-1am EST. but global ooc could help you get started with some exp groups.

Autumnbow
08-31-2012, 01:10 AM
Okay I will begin to download the game, at least to try it out for a short while. This may seem like a silly question, but which races do you usually see as clerics? I want to be somewhat unique if at all possible, and was considering either high elf, halfling or erudite.

Autumnbow
08-31-2012, 01:13 AM
Or do you think I might be more helpful to people if I were to be a druid, for teleports?

diplo
08-31-2012, 01:14 AM
dwarfs are cool bc of their shoulder roll.

Autumnbow
08-31-2012, 01:16 AM
dwarfs are cool bc of their shoulder roll.

I think dwarves are ugly, sorry :(

jeffd
08-31-2012, 02:24 AM
What's it like, being a new player here? Will I have anyone to group with?

i leveled my bard 1-47 in completely empty zones. i never saw a single person until i got to dreadlands, and that's only because the same 5 people are usually in or near KC every night.

the population was 140 when kunark was released; it's barely a week later now and it rarely breaks 70 at primetime. i'd give it another two months or so before the population's back down to 30 on raid nights.

honestly, if you don't already have a 40+ toon kicking around, i wouldn't bother. this server's going to be a ghost town by the time you're high enough to see anyone else.

Heavydrop
08-31-2012, 02:34 AM
go Dark Elf (or can grudgingly admit to Halflings) all the way for pvp.
Nothing is sweeter than having a melee class coming at you to kill you
and hitting my "hide" button and have them stumble around unable to target me
anymore ;)

Shrubwise
08-31-2012, 10:31 AM
I am the sort of player that likes to help people, and not be mean to others,

Leave. Leave now. Before it's too late. Save yourself.

diplo
08-31-2012, 11:25 AM
Leave. Leave now. Before it's too late. Save yourself.

roll blue.

Advisor
08-31-2012, 11:30 AM
LOL

Red is not a friendly PVP server.

Though what PVP server is?

I say you roll Blue too

gloinz
08-31-2012, 11:31 AM
roll red and slay all these girlymen who said you couldnt make it like rocky

mitic
08-31-2012, 11:41 AM
clr would be the best choice, clerics are realy needed right now and ull get instantly groups when u log in at any lvl!

Malevz
08-31-2012, 11:49 AM
DE clerics get hide, look badass, and worship the God of Hate. Win.

JenJen
08-31-2012, 12:36 PM
halfling clerics also hide plus sneak and are cool
I have one lets be pals

gloinz
08-31-2012, 12:48 PM
don't listen to these cleric pushers be a druid/wizard so that you can port around and slay folk

Autumnbow
08-31-2012, 01:58 PM
I feel as though I have been vastly misunderstood, and for that I apologize.

I don't do blue; there is really no point in making or having friends if everyone is forced to be nice and hold hands regardless. If the red server could maintain the blue population, I would have been playing for months now (since I found out about Red99). On live, along with anyone who was cool enough to have played the game properly, I was on a red server. I died a lot, and did not get many kills. What separates me from the average bluebie is that I never once cried about it or ragequit. In all honesty, some of the times I had getting owned were the best times I had playing video games.

Unlike every other PvP game I have found, EQ allowed me to be whoever I wanted to be. If I don't want to kill people, and would rather make friends, then that was always okay as long as I was able to stick it out. I really miss that. I like light roleplaying, too, and while the dark elf/halfling hide skill is certainly useful, I wanted to be someone that might bring about some harmony, peace or sense of communal love to Norrath. This is why I wanted to either be a High Elf, or Quellious Erudite.

EQ PvP players don't need to be bloodthirsty fefs if they wish not to be, but if the population truly is as low as everyone says I'm afraid I'll have to stay away and hope that sometime in the future another sandbox PvP MMO is created :(

Thank you for your time.

SearyxTZ
08-31-2012, 02:05 PM
ur more than welcome to come heal me while I bash people's brains in

pvp champs are all about communal love and harmony across norrath

goalie
08-31-2012, 02:06 PM
I like light roleplaying

My Gaydar focused in on that and the rest didn't matter. Have fun !

TheLieka
08-31-2012, 03:03 PM
Cleric? Erudite.

Casey II
08-31-2012, 03:21 PM
erudite cleric

Critical
08-31-2012, 03:53 PM
We are getting troll'ed so hard by Cast.

Autumnbow
08-31-2012, 07:01 PM
I'm still torn about whether I should play or not. A game should be more than a chatroom; I need friends to play with. Seems I need to mess around with my PC some to get it running better, as well.

Why erudite? Are there tons of high elves running around? Honestly, I've always loved playing as an elf, but the erudite lore fascinates me.

EQtrader
08-31-2012, 07:06 PM
try speaking with heartbrand, he has every race and class max level, you can find him on between the hours of 8 am and 4 am standard eastern time

Zereh
08-31-2012, 07:33 PM
Cleric? Erudite.

All the way!