PDA

View Full Version : cast is tryin hard

mitic
08-30-2012, 02:37 PM
just got this pm here.

Want to see how much Nilbug (and Rogean) give a damn about Red99?

Here is a thread (http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34503) that Nilbug created regarding the transparency of NPC feet models, yes that's right, griping over a handful of NPC models feet and how they are supposed to look.

Here is the breakdown of posts in that thread alone by him vs. his contributions on the Red99 PVP forums over the Summer:

http://s11.postimage.org/funy37zoj/nilbug.png

You'd think that a man who was rolling out highly touted Kubark, that has an amazing 50-person population, and all the fixes you'd expect a Project Manager of a dying server to be trying, would have more than a single thread in the bug forum discussing NPC feet models.

The only conclusion is that Nilbug has GOT TO GO and be labeled as a FAILED project manager, or Red99 will sink further into despair only seen in the times of... well about a month ago when the population was barely hitting double digits (yes, 10 players was a lot).

What choice will you make? When will you ask for more than Nilbug has given you over this terrible year of 2012? Will you let raptor jesus take you into the afterlife without experience what Red99 could truly be?

Nirgon
08-30-2012, 02:39 PM
It's way easier to deal with what's fixed and not fixed as a non player.

I shall just return if/when any changes are made that make this a classic experience for me.

If he wants to fix graphical shit? Well, its a good thing for both servers.

Nilbog's actually a GOOD thing for this server.

nilbog
08-30-2012, 02:40 PM
Considering I'm lead content developer, and content exists for both the pve server and the pvp server, might want to count up all my posts in both sections.

http://dnbraptorjesusrave.ytmnd.com/

Nirgon
08-30-2012, 02:42 PM
Above ytmnd would be VERY relevant if we had the resist fix pow-wow and it went into effect here.

mitic
08-30-2012, 02:47 PM
its all about integrity, and nilbog has it oposed to vztz 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4,0, and LoZ owners

thats why people play here cause we all know that red99 IS HERE TO STAY

halfassed garageshitbox loz will be closed sooner or later so i wont invest a minute in that box.

Nirgon
08-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Fix resists, make pvp range 4 levels, add item loot.

Server will be classic. I'll even write a full pvp guide to encourage new comers as thanks.

Zereh
08-30-2012, 03:02 PM
Not sure who blew all the crack smoke up your ass, but I am 100% sure that I've never heard anyone say "I'll play R99 when Nirgon does" let alone a dev ever say anything even remotely similar to "I'll be happy with the server when Nirgon is". Get over yourself already.

Nirgon
08-30-2012, 03:03 PM
Pretty sure lots of people quit due to broken resists you ugly retard.

But seriously come at me.

Smedy
08-30-2012, 03:05 PM
man, cast cracks me up

hes a pal

nilbog
08-30-2012, 03:08 PM
Null is your resists champion. Resists at one point in time were purely content based as spells.. but that is not the case on the pvp server. I am not even involved with them.

My personal belief on resists, and nearly everything else.. is that we should start as classic as possible, and work from there. If something is deemed OP/broken, then look into non-classic changes.

As far as the pvp server goes, you have Rogean, Null, and myself as the original decision makers. Null was championing resists, and he did. If you are not happy with them as they stand, appeal to him. He is reasonable, and he might make strides for classicness, if that is what everyone wants.

Nirgon, what you are asking for is a classic Rallos Zek server. That's where I played and that's what I like as well. I have given my opinions on item loot time and time again. People can't handle it.

Nirgon
08-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Resists have to be fixed before item loot.

You can't have item loot on a server where people are easily spam rooted and blinded and shit.

We've made strives to get resists in line with a fairly unanimous decision on things. I have a few examples I can point to like mage pets chain rooting people, whirl and the basilisks in lower guk live side completely stun locking players at times when hasted.

Would you ever consider working on resist changes with a group of us testing if a community vote is passed? Or is this a Null only thing?

A great number of us played here for a classic pvp experience not a custom resist set and custom rules.

nilbog
08-30-2012, 03:28 PM
Would you ever consider working on resist changes with a group of us testing if a community vote is passed? Or is this a Null only thing?

As it stands now, it's a Null-only thing. If you're asking me if I would support a classic spell resists system, then yes I would. That does not mean I have the time nor desire to do it myself. Plate is very full already in regards to rl and eqemu.

I will say, however, if Null was interested in doing this, he would needs people to consolidate relevant information for changes. It would help him and everyone else. So, moving forward, have that in mind.

mitic
08-30-2012, 03:31 PM
can we just get over it with item loot dear sirs ?

they took it out from live for a reason. noone goes camping dropable stuff for hours to lose it in one lagspike in pvp. we would have a server full of naked wizards blasting every mele in sight

thank you

mitic
08-30-2012, 03:33 PM
and since we have a nilbog apparition in this thread, eta on yt? it is very needed to get people back to red99, especialy from loz.

Nirgon
08-30-2012, 03:36 PM
Well responses to things like this get a lot of people excited.

As far as the NAKED wizards? I found them to be a humongous joke on my friend's 55 necro.

If resists worked correctly, you could deflux spam down most wizards and an ebolt will still bury them.

You'd hafta pay more attention to /who when wearing your full suit of great shit.

Keep in mind, if resists were fixed? You'd be very safe from roots etc.

Nihilum has the most access to no drop gear, and with a working system should be in favor of this.

Players new to the server that don't have a guild will also have something to play for.

It's more win/win than you think.

nilbog
08-30-2012, 03:40 PM
I thought this thread was about me failing as project manager.. not a request buffet.

Anyways!

I voted yes on yellow text, but I'm not the person to write, implement, compile, or restart the server with the changes.

p.s. I'm not interested in taking players from other servers. People can play wherever the hell they want to play.

p.p.s. Mitic, you posting this thread is giving Cast more acknowledgement than his private message to you. I hope you see that.

Nirgon
08-30-2012, 03:45 PM
This thread started to become getting the best / most active developer involved in fixing PvP resists. If you have higher developmental priorities (like Velious) or things where only you can fix them that help bother servers one way or another, so be it.

But I think you or Kanras need to be the people to fix this right now.

Null's been busy IRL, but for a long time and he got involved to at least get the base work in place which is appreciated. But there's still some very massive glaring problems that I feel could be very, very quickly stamped out so at least it is "live like" - if not perfect (see fire and cold being 'live like' but not perfect). We're really just asking for a few spells to be fixed, not an entire system over haul.

mitic
08-30-2012, 04:10 PM
I thought this thread was about me failing as project manager.. not a request buffet.

Anyways!

I voted yes on yellow text, but I'm not the person to write, implement, compile, or restart the server with the changes.

p.p.s. Mitic, you posting this thread is giving Cast more acknowledgement than his private message to you. I hope you see that.

and he has it right with YT, just with that. btw, daxum was on the forums yesterday and he knows the code, i bet also null since he coded a good portion of vztz back the day! and you do a good job sir!

Nirgon
08-30-2012, 04:27 PM
Why is YT a better solution that a leader board we could post on main page?

Record # of players in zone (who they were too) grouped by killing party and killed party?

Having a log of it would be nice and again generates hits to page. It was also a classic element of SZ.

runlvlzero
08-30-2012, 05:39 PM
I think the quests, code, and content on R99 are pretty solid, just because someone doesn't agree with the rules-set doesnt really begat generating statistical tomfoolery.

This IS the best server blue or red otheriwise. Even hidden forest has its glaring issues with end game content and pushing the game engine to remain challenging within EQ's limitations.

bigeasy
08-30-2012, 07:35 PM
loz was a shit boxx,, ppl only played there because classic was 8 months going on red99 and you could only do so much of that shit,, but LoZ feels like an arcade,, it just doesn't feel real its like comparing NBA LIVE 2012 to NBA JAM,, nba 2k has more substance and playablity,, but while NBA JAM might be more fun to pick up real quick and play,, although the novelty wears off fast...,

that pals is my analogy of the two,, in the long run so long as the devs on p1999 show interest and engage the community it will always be > any garage box popping up,, do not let the naysayers and the small but very vocal group of individuals who were on the wrong side of an anus rape tell you otherwise

Barkingturtle
08-30-2012, 07:42 PM
Fuck this shit I'm gonna go find an NBA JAM emulator.