PDA

View Full Version : +50% experience bonus.

nilbog
08-29-2012, 02:15 PM
The additional +50% experience bonus for Kunark is still active.

I've been quite busy with real life, and figured it wouldn't hurt to leave it in longer.

Does it need to remain? Does it need to gtfo?

Nirgon
08-29-2012, 02:51 PM
I'd rather see a higher pop and no bonus, but it would surely kill off a decent portion of the remaining players at this point.

tefog
08-29-2012, 02:52 PM
nilbog please take a look at the people who voted against the bonus. Most no longer play the server and come here to troll from time to time.

Bumsock
08-29-2012, 03:03 PM
Is this EXP bonus for both servers or just one of them?

I want to be a returning player but i'm hesitant due to time grind of leveling.

I will be starting over because I cannot remember my old account info.

PhantomRogue
08-29-2012, 03:06 PM
I didn't think it was still active? At least it didn't seem like to me.

Lazortag
08-29-2012, 03:18 PM
I voted to leave the bonus in, although I admit I have very little investment in this server and only log in once a month or so.

For my own enjoyment of the game I'd like no exp bonus, but as for what's best for the server, I think the bonus needs to stay. The majority of returning players came back for the exp bonus, and there are other players considering returning who are turned off by the idea that the exp bonus is going to go away. I think increased exp is sort of a manufactured need, but if a large number of people can't enjoy the server without it, it's best to leave it in. If the exp becomes too fast then people will be able to break rules and roll new characters with impunity, but a 50% bonus is hardly going to cause that to happen.

I'd also suggest that the exp penalty on death be removed, since it's pretty much been empirically proven that it doesn't deter bind rushing, that it wasn't needed in classic, and that it's an unnecessary annoyance for players who are already frustrated with slow exp.

diplo
08-29-2012, 03:26 PM
I didn't think it was still active? At least it didn't seem like to me.

i could tell it was active, got a tick per kill solo at 53, was nice. leave it in imo as i think removal will hurt the already shaken population.

Bumsock
08-29-2012, 03:31 PM
This for both servers or just one of them?

gloinz
08-29-2012, 03:36 PM
jesus h christ the xp bonus is still active? boy lvl 51-60 not so ez the amount of large rats that have to be slain is quite high.

LEAVE IT ACTIVE is my vote

Smedy
08-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Leave it in permanently, the grind is tough enough already, actually making 1-46 even easier would probably be a good idea, people will get addicted 2 box if they can get to 46+ and actually start having some fun in a short period of time.

goalie
08-29-2012, 03:40 PM
actually start having some fun in a short period of time.

Not a troll, but thats why a lot of ppl left, because they didn't find it fun to grind 200 hours for 1 blue. Exp bonus can only help, not hurt . Games should be fun, not feel like i'm a sweatshop slave

goalie
08-29-2012, 03:51 PM
Nilbog, we have a very similar exp curve to you over at Legacy of Zek...

If you're finally willing to make concessions to save your server (as they are and have been much needed), we should really work together and with some compromises I'm sure we could have a booming server for all these guys to play on once again.

There's no point in us both running 50 pop servers if neither are going to use classic exp or really truly classic experience as the backbone...

What do the players think? Is it worth discussing?

http://leadgraffiti.com/users_images/portfolio/poster-hell-yes-370.jpg

Lazortag
08-29-2012, 03:52 PM

If you're finally willing to make concessions to save your server (as they are and have been much needed), we should really work together and with some compromises I'm sure we could have a booming server for all these guys to play on once again.

There's no point in us both running 50 pop servers if neither are going to use classic exp or really truly classic experience as the backbone...

I sense a troll.

heartbrand
08-29-2012, 03:54 PM

The only issues remaining are the EXP is still too slow currently for 1-50 given the lack of pop for those levels, you basically have to find someone to PL you at this point if you roll a melee there are no groups, it's just not happening. Hot zones. Need this bad, I would be in favor of removing 50% and just putting hotzones in. YT. This has been voted on 100x and wins every time.

And the biggest issue... fixing the fucking resists. That's it.

Advisor
08-29-2012, 04:16 PM

Yes, please.

Devnoob is a guy with true heart and dedication to a thriving PVP Server.

The only thing that might be a problem is favoritisim or cheating (seeing as it happened on LOZ)

Cwall
08-29-2012, 04:18 PM
mite b fake

Cwall
08-29-2012, 04:19 PM
The only thing that might be a problem is favoritisim or cheating (seeing as it happened on LOZ)

w
u
t

Swampfeet
08-29-2012, 04:20 PM
"devnoob" yeah right haha

good troll potential though

Kief
08-29-2012, 04:26 PM
Make resists classic, add 500% exp bonus and wipe the server. A wipe would bring everyone back, especially with resists being fixed. That is the most important issue: resists. If they work correctly, zergs would not even matter - and pvp would be really fun. You would see a whole new "top shelf" set of guilds emerge with real classic like resists. Resists. Resists. Oh yeah, resists.

Notice even people on the blue server are complaining of the resist system P99 uses? I think that might be an indicator. Resists are really terrible.

Resists + Exp + Wipe = Thrive

Advisor
08-29-2012, 04:27 PM
Troll or not, it would be good.

Nirgon
08-29-2012, 04:28 PM
Yeah well, if that is devnoob and he's interested in getting things straight classic.. I'm glad to help.

Suspect troll though.

Kief
08-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Bluntly? Classic resists are a bad system. Is ours perfect? No, it needs work. However I do not think that effectively gutting a bunch of spell lines from the game is the solution.

This man is a full blown retard. Make resists classic.

Nirgon
08-29-2012, 04:36 PM
I think gutting whirl to your hurl happened in pve and needs to happen in pvp too.

Why can't we have a classic resist system again?

I, and others, had the same complaint about an iteration of VZTZ where people spammed root. It's stupid, didn't exist in live and not what anyone came here for.

I can understand if it was "live like" - like some of the elemental resists and other spells seem to be, but getting rooted on a first attempt at 170 magic resist is super fail. If Null still thinks that, maybe he can go over and help out at LoZ but it doesn't belong here.

Kief
08-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Nirgon, based on your explanation 0 roots should land at 51mr in pvp assuming even levels right?

pvpresistcalc: 101
pvpresistbase: 50
pvpresistcap: 33

101 to beat, at 50 to start = 51mr needed

compared to say pyrocuror which is basically unresistable:

pvpresistcalc: 135
pvpresistbase: -162
pvpresistcap: -194
resistadjust: -100

135 to beat, -100 resistadjust, -162 to start = 397fr needed

However if this method is correct then the following things would also be true:

Immune to Ice Comet at 117cr
Immune to Lava Bolt at 107fr
Immune to Venom of the Snake at 96pr
Immune to Anarchy at 71mr

This is 100% accurate. If resists were this way you would see actual PvP going down, not a server full of retards spamming the same shit in every encounter regardless of class vs class make up.

Barkingturtle
08-29-2012, 04:37 PM
I think this could turn it around for Red99.

I can almost smell the thrive.

Kief
08-29-2012, 04:38 PM
I think gutting whirl to your hurl happened in pve and needs to happen in pvp too.

Why can't we have a classic resist system again?

I, and others, had the same complaint about an iteration of VZTZ where people spammed root. It's stupid, didn't exist in live and not what anyone came here for.

I can understand if it was "live like" - like some of the elemental resists and other spells seem to be, but getting rooted on a first attempt at 170 magic resist is super fail. If Null still thinks that, maybe he can go over and help out at LoZ but it doesn't belong here.

Nirgon I think you are a retard, but you are correct in regard to the resist system.

Kief
08-29-2012, 04:38 PM
I think this could turn it around for Red99.

I can almost smell the thrive.

SMELL THE THRIVE THIS SERVER EMITS

Dullah
08-29-2012, 05:02 PM
If the pop was 200-300, there would be enough low and mid level pop to facilitate grouping, and thus, a classic exp rate would be fine. Since theres not, might as well expedite the leveling process and allow people to compete over high end exp camps and content.

I still don't think we need a bonus at 51-60 being that there will be plenty of 51+ players and exp camps are always something fun to compete over, but its whatever at this point.

More important concern than exp rates at this point should be resists. Rooted at 171MR today first try... ya..

lethdar
08-29-2012, 05:12 PM
It's unfortunate null seems so caught up on using his own pet resist system rather than what is nearly unanimously agreed upon to be the superior classic version. Just because some spell lines weren't used in pvp on live (sup whirl, retard snare/root spam against people with 150+ mr, etc) doesn't mean the whole system should be changed to incorporate them.

gloinz
08-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Leave it in permanently, the grind is tough enough already, actually making 1-46 even easier would probably be a good idea, people will get addicted 2 box if they can get to 46+ and actually start having some fun in a short period of time.

ya really the grind should be increased 1-50 significantly.

Right now with mostly everyone 40+ its basically a 3-4 day real time pointless large rat slaying grindfest to get to a level where u can actually pvp/see other people who play the game. This is a MASSIVE barrier to entry because really who wants to spend weeks of time (if ur a casual) leveling up completely alone? Plus if you want to be a melee and you aren't bringing friends forget about it. I see so many folk roll a rogue on this server for god knows what reason (rogues are cool i guess) and then quit at level 10.

Idk if killing the 1-50 grind significantly would help but it def can't hurt

gankstar1868
08-29-2012, 05:30 PM
I played on Rallos zek from 2000ish to 2006-7 so i am no stranger to how the grind was for EXP.

I came back now 6-7 years later with a buddy and played on p99. Grind was tough but there was no PvP and being big into that we quit. With the launch of kunark we decided to come back and play.

Already we are being turned off with just the thought of the amount of time we both have to dedicate to getting 45+. With brand new characters and an insane 35% penalty (sk/shaman which looks like will be forcing me to reroll to a warrior) the grind is absurd for this day and age. No one in their right mind should expect to retain and significant number of players unless you make getting to the populated areas much faster.

1-40 200% exp
40-50 100% exp
50-60 normal exp

something along those lines would help players not only get to 10 a lot quicker so we can ask questions, but let us go back and get gear/farm easier with higher level chars. We really want to invest time into this box but with such little available due to rl stuff, we find ourselves being drawn to other games because of the grind.

I am all for hard core, losing items, death exp, corpse run etc etc. But i cant afford to give up so much time only to see 1, maybe 2 people in a zone if i am lucky and chances are they will be twinked and gank meh.

Just my 2 cents from a possibly prospective player.

JenJen
08-29-2012, 05:33 PM
its true regarding melee. im often LFG now for 3-4 hours before any groups form up and then its p much bed time.
roll an alt but the grind still sucks, especially since ive done it once now on red and about 4 times on blue.

moar bonus required for 1-50!!

JenJen
08-29-2012, 05:34 PM
agree the above poster's XP bonus brackets p. much

Kevynne
08-29-2012, 05:45 PM
i would like for this to stay in, because there is currently a low player base for low lvls (30ish and under.. specifically 10 and under) and the xp helps lvl faster and catch up to the already high levled playrs...
Me and some guildies were at sisters in lfay and were getting CRAZY xp even when it turned teal! (we also pulled orc cheif old dinsuifgsd...the named fae draek, and emperor fae drakes, which dinot give nearly as much xp) not to mention it was a group of 4 people just raping those half elves... we went to unrest and xp EXPLODED. although its not classic; it does help the player base alot. maybe curve the bonus at lvl 30ish or so?

sonicjoose
08-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Leave it on, makes up for the server going down and groups dieing because of it. Woot Woot

gloinz
08-29-2012, 05:55 PM
i would like for this to stay in, because there is currently a low player base for low lvls (30ish and under.. specifically 10 and under) and the xp helps lvl faster and catch up to the already high levled playrs...
Me and some guildies were at sisters in lfay and were getting CRAZY xp even when it turned teal! (we also pulled orc cheif old dinsuifgsd...the named fae draek, and emperor fae drakes, which dinot give nearly as much xp) not to mention it was a group of 4 people just raping those half elves... we went to unrest and xp EXPLODED. although its not classic; it does help the player base alot. maybe curve the bonus at lvl 30ish or so?

theres another xp bonus currently that linearly goes down as you level from 50% at 1 to 0% at 50 i think so no need to do anything different with that

SearyxTZ
08-29-2012, 05:58 PM
Agreed on all this shit. LMK when it happens or this gets any sort of dev response

I will be grinding up anyway because I have to finish the mission I started (KILL SUPREME AND NIZZARR) but I plan do so while bitching and moaning in OOC periodically about how slow it is. :)

Loli Pops
08-29-2012, 06:57 PM
leave it in for the butt hurts

perhaps they too can be try hards

heartbrand
08-29-2012, 07:39 PM
Here's my biggest issue with Null's logic. He's saying he implemented a custom system because the classic one is "bad." however, we are forced here to endure plenty of bad things from classic such as xp penalties, op items, lack of post velious changes that were made to balance the game such as priest healing, and forced to endure the clumsy eq ui (no guild interface for example) because "that's classic." umm ok?

Advisor
08-29-2012, 07:47 PM
Here's my biggest issue with Null's logic. He's saying he implemented a custom system because the classic one is "bad." however, we are forced here to endure plenty of bad things from classic such as xp penalties, op items, lack of post velious changes that were made to balance the game such as priest healing, and forced to endure the clumsy eq ui (no guild interface for example) because "that's classic." umm ok?

I couldn't agree more.

It's very frustrating playing on a server the decides what is good classic and what is bad classic.

I wouldn't solely blame Null though, Rogean has a lot to do with the final decisions in both Red and Blue.

SearyxTZ
08-29-2012, 07:51 PM
leave it in for the butt hurts

perhaps they too can be try hards

http://i.imgur.com/wvzOM.gif

Swampfeet
08-29-2012, 08:07 PM
Raise it to 100%, I just want people to play with and 100% isnt too insane.

Still like 20 days /played for 60.

Casey II
08-29-2012, 11:10 PM
pras nilberg

Wamorn
08-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Keep it in. I am playing my SK and to be honest, if it was removed I would probably quit because hybrid penalty is already like pulling teeth with the bonus.

I finally got out of the level 40 hell level, no one will group with hybrids and doesn't seem like much pvp at 40 anymore and not willing to dedicate 100 hours to be able to pvp.

Dullah
08-30-2012, 02:36 AM
Raise it to 100%, I just want people to play with and 100% isnt too insane.

Still like 20 days /played for 60.
Considering people grouped to 51-60 in under two RL weeks, that would be a huge exaggeration.

heartbrand
08-30-2012, 03:08 AM
Considering people grouped to 51-60 in under two RL weeks, that would be a huge exaggeration.

Those same people didn't log for 2 weeks straight.

Smedy
08-30-2012, 03:50 AM

It's hard to emulate classic resists though cause everyones opinion is different and all spells seems to have had a custom code.

All i can remember from classic (started in kunark) was that at 120 mr i was pretty much immune to root but snare did land every once in a while.

Another issue is that once you hit 90% resist rate every % over that makes a huge difference, the last curve i saw from null did have around 93% resist rate at 140 mr, which i think is a little low.

I think if this curve was bumped to around 95% resist rate at 140 mr and cap at around 98% it should be fine.

In other words, the resist curve just needs to be bumped up a few % to make that huge difference in end results.

Smedy
08-30-2012, 03:52 AM

Meanwhile a fifth chin appears @ supremes face.

People who can spend 24/7 like a korean kid plowing through to 60 in a week does not reflect your average red99 player.

bilbobaggins
08-30-2012, 10:25 AM

yeah lets all listen to what this guy has to say.

'300 level 50s sitting on the sidelines waiting for kunark'

SMART

CrystalBlue
08-30-2012, 10:34 AM
In my opinion the flat xp bonus needs to go. It took less then a week since kunark came out for soloers and duo'ers to hit 60. They were the ones who needed the xp bonus the least.

Instead of any flat xp bonus after 50, what is needed is grouping bonus. Give groups a 20 percent xp bonus for each member in the party, i.e. a full group would be getting that 100 percent xp bonus that currently everyone (even solo druids/enchanters) now have.

This is the way to do it, encourage grouping and put the xp bonus where it is needed most, with group dependent classes.

REMOVE all xp bonus from 51+. Put that bonus instead into grouping bonus.

That would serve the server and population way better. Soloers need zero help atm. We need something that encourages them to group.

Shannacore
08-30-2012, 10:36 AM
In my opinion the flat xp bonus needs to go. It took less then a week since kunark came out for soloers and duo'ers to hit 60. They were the ones who needed the xp bonus the least.

Instead of any flat xp bonus after 50, what is needed is grouping bonus. Give groups a 20 percent xp bonus for each member in the party, i.e. a full group would be getting that 100 percent xp bonus that currently everyone (even solo druids/enchanters) now have.

This is the way to do it, encourage grouping and put the xp bonus where it is needed most, with group dependent classes.

That would serve the server and population way better. Soloers need zero help atm. We need something that encourages them to group.

Nilbog mentioned in IRC that the equation for the XP bonus is changed/reduced once you hit 50. I don't recall what it was exactly, maybe he can enlighten us in this thread.

Swish
08-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Levelling during euro hours is about as fun as a trip to hospital. If the XP bonus goes I know the mountain will be too steep for me to continue - would be nice to PvP without all this levelling BS :)

JenJen
08-30-2012, 11:17 AM
Meanwhile a fifth chin appears @ supremes face.

People who can spend 24/7 like a korean kid plowing through to 60 in a week does not reflect your average red99 player.

JenJen
08-30-2012, 11:17 AM
ive been 52 for 2 weeks almost pals. where the xp bonus at?

CrystalBlue
08-30-2012, 11:31 AM

Because all the solers have zero incentive or need to group with your warrior. When you can't kill a mob, your xp bonus is ZERO. The non-soloers currently have a xp bonus of zero on this server. Fact.

That is why we need to be encourageing grouping with group xp bonus. Not solo flat rate xp bonus.

CrystalBlue
08-30-2012, 11:32 AM

(p.s.)

Ask the server's level 60 druids and enchanters where the xp bonus is at. They'll tell you ;)

Nirgon
08-30-2012, 11:33 AM
Trollborn, ladies and gentleman. Let's give em a big hand.

JenJen
08-30-2012, 12:20 PM
for me red is already dying slowly. i havent been able to play properly for 1 week already its mainly a LFG session followed by a camp out

Vile
08-30-2012, 12:27 PM

Dismiss this troll(born) please.

http://vilesyntax.com/images/donttrollmebro.jpg

CrystalBlue
08-30-2012, 12:31 PM
for me red is already dying slowly. i havent been able to play properly for 1 week already its mainly a LFG session followed by a camp out

I can understand why you'd say that.

Current flat rate xp bonus just gives soloers more reason to solo and less reason to group.

I think most melees will soon just fade away after getting tired of LFG and being groupless. A few will make it to 60 to support the raiding game, but the rest? Forget it.

If only our xp bonus was in the form of group bonus, we'd retain so many currently LFG players.

Its a shame.

Vile
08-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Melees have faded away since the 3rd week of the box.

Dig up my post Trollborn.. I called this shit months ago. Melees were screwed on Red99 from day one.

CrystalBlue
08-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Should of had group xp bonus from day 1.

Its not too late to correct this mistake. Wipe out this gross 100 percent bonus in effect and instead add 20% grouping bonus for every party member added.

We dont need more druids at 60 solo, we need more players in general to stay and not just quit after LFG for a week straight like poor Jenjen.

JenJen
08-30-2012, 12:37 PM
after a week of LFG i find myself semi afk eating my lovely luscious dinner only to be rudely chased around by some no life necro (red con to me, so i assume unemployed and lvl 60) named zozo who then got mad cos i zoned away from him (obviously!) and sent me some rather lol-tastic tells. then another lvl 60 shows up. good times for lonely melees on red 99 pals!

now where did i put my nintendo ds :(

heartbrand
08-30-2012, 12:38 PM
bigger issue is no clerics but thats to be expected on a 75 player box where you can only group within your guild

CrystalBlue
08-30-2012, 12:41 PM
after a week of LFG i find myself semi afk eating my lovely luscious dinner only to be rudely chased around by some no life necro (red con to me, so i assume unemployed and lvl 60) named zozo who then got mad cos i zoned away from him (obviously!) and sent me some rather lol-tastic tells. then another lvl 60 shows up. good times for lonely melees on red 99 pals!

now where did i put my nintendo ds :(

Zozo you can almost always find soloing.

My point is proven.

Need group xp bonus now, before we lose Jenjen and all the players her type represents.

Time running out.

CrystalBlue
08-30-2012, 12:42 PM
bigger issue is no clerics but thats to be expected on a 75 player box where you can only group within your guild

And VERY greedy enchanters more often then not steal clerics from melee groups to go duo with and get that "uber xp".

If only we had group xp bonus instead, they'd be less inclined to do this.

Nirgon
08-30-2012, 12:43 PM
Maybe less people in Nihilum should be greedy and xp (rest of server) shouldn't suffer as a result.

Let me know when you think this will save the server like Kunark btw.

Barkingturtle
08-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Melees were screwed on Red99 from day one.

To be fair that's actually a classic mechanic and working as intended.

I voted in favor of keeping the bonus, but I don't think it goes far enough. More than any other emulated EverQuest server, bros and brosephinas on Red99 have very active real lives, in the real world. These are real alphas: Future Leaders of America and Beyond. Thus, they can't be wasting their time killing the same non-challenging artificial intelligence ad infinitum when they could be out pumpin' mad iron, building their fortunes and mackin' hoes.

I'd be in favor of eliminating the hybrid penalties immediately, and perhaps adding further incentive to grouping. Something must be done, because if the fair denizens of Red99 are driven away I will have to use google to find my tranny porn, like a weirdo.

Vile
08-30-2012, 12:49 PM
To be fair that's actually a classic mechanic and working as intended.

I am not debating that at all. Going the "classic" route is absurd for many reasons... rampant exploits first few weeks of the server (quests, mage swords, etc..), population no where near "classic" levels, resists, etc...

Some of us have been playing the PvP servers on the emulator for over 4 years now... we know what keeps the population around and what deters it.

Rolling a melee on this server is like shooting yourself in the foot, unless you have hours to play, get twinked, and power leveled around the clock.

Dullah
08-30-2012, 04:30 PM
Group exp bonus does make more sense than a flat exp bonus.

Nirgon
08-30-2012, 04:35 PM
If some things were correct out of the gate, you wouldn't be debating this.

The xp needed is a direct relation to the fact there's almost no one to group with, and new people won't stick around here for more than a week if there's no groups and xp sucks.

This xp buff is an effort to push more people to the level range where most of the current population is.

Critical
08-30-2012, 05:31 PM
We need exp decrease, full item/bag loot.

Kevynne
08-30-2012, 07:29 PM
anyonelse notice nrigon is banned? xD

EQtrader
08-30-2012, 07:47 PM
yea ill never play here unless they go classic and fix this power level type exp

PhantomRogue
08-31-2012, 07:20 AM
yea ill never play here unless they go classic and fix this power level type exp

You will never play here... Which means you DONT play on the box.

Thus your opinion means shit.

Go away.

This is asking whether the current players want to keep the EXP Bonus in place. Not whether or not you will join the server.

Kevynne
09-02-2012, 11:36 PM

for once i agree with crystalBLUE

gankstar1868
09-03-2012, 03:23 AM
Don't forget that new players also have NOTHING for gear/items/money which makes it much more difficult when there is no one around to group with.

All these duo/soloers that reached 60 in a week did it twinked.

Using a rusty shan'tok woolok decaying skeleton sword hurts after a while. Not to mention being decked in 2 ac armor for most your levels.

Graahle
09-03-2012, 09:24 AM
Don't forget that new players also have NOTHING for gear/items/money which makes it much more difficult when there is no one around to group with.

All these duo/soloers that reached 60 in a week did it twinked.

Using a rusty shan'tok woolok decaying skeleton sword hurts after a while. Not to mention being decked in 2 ac armor for most your levels.

This^

mitic
09-03-2012, 10:01 AM
gankster just ask ppl u see for stuff, newbies usually are getting helped on this server

canardvc
09-03-2012, 10:25 AM
Dat's true. Mitic is even porting newb like me for free <3

I got stuff from someone else, so ask everyone in sight for stuff.

JenJen
09-03-2012, 12:39 PM
ive got loads of junk in my bank just gatheirng dust hit me up with class/race ill check for you

Grahm
09-03-2012, 12:44 PM
you guys are more nerds than the bloobies lol

gankstar1868
09-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Yea, been rolling my iksar SK but after watching my buddies iskar shaman roll through the first 12 levels like nothing i am doubting my persistence with this exp penalty. Especially if it carries over to our group. Might go back and go iksar warrior, monk or necro. So hard to decide.

runlvlzero
09-03-2012, 04:45 PM
you guys are more nerds than the bloobies lol

compliment

/thanks

gankstar1868
09-03-2012, 04:55 PM
Well in that case, anyone got some necro gear i could borrow (forever). I can be around cabilis any time today. 35% penalty was hitting me hard.

JayDee
09-06-2012, 12:15 AM
Exp is debatable, but these are not:

Duck and sit should interrupt cast
Make auction global (people auction in ooc)
Remove pvp death exp penalty, it discourages pvp and promotes defensive play
Hire more active GMs

These are clear things that have come to my attention within my first hours of playing here.

Haul
09-06-2012, 12:25 AM
I say keep the bonus for sure. If the population was 300-700 I'd prefer the super tough grind, but with how much it struggles and the xp loss on pvp death the bonus absolutey needs to stay. Also we are all older now and have less free time (well not me I have vast amounts of free time due to my poor health, however I mean the typical person). OG Natural/Lookout -

Haul
09-06-2012, 12:27 AM
I'm also in total agreement with Jaydee in regards to removing the pvp xp penalty and the duck sit to interrupt. Not to mention the active GM thing. I've had a freaking petition active in the petition forums and rebumped for like 3 weeks with no response yet. There's no excuse with how low both server populations are that yall can't take 2-5mins out of your day to make someone's day who is in desperate need of your authority.

Dullah
09-06-2012, 12:37 AM
Duck and sit actually doesn't come in until velious according to patch notes. Wish it was in now too, but its not supposed to be.

Supreme
09-06-2012, 12:59 AM
I think it should stay in but not exceed 50%..EVER.

Pringles
09-06-2012, 01:10 AM
Exp is debatable, but these are not:

Hire more active GMs

wut

JayDee
09-06-2012, 02:16 AM
Duck and sit actually doesn't come in until velious according to patch notes. Wish it was in now too, but its not supposed to be.

works on blue

Dullah
09-06-2012, 03:52 AM
Ya, but its not supposed to.

------------------------------
June 27, 2001 3:00 am
------------------------------

** Gameplay Changes **

- Spell and Item Interruption: Ducking will now interrupt a spell
instantly. You will no longer be able to sit while using items or
casting spells. This will not affect bard songs, which will still work
as they always have, but will affect all items, even those with song-
like effects.

Haul
09-06-2012, 04:50 AM
works on blue

+1 fix for red plz

bamzal
09-06-2012, 10:32 AM
sitting while casting is classic? nice!

Dullah
09-06-2012, 11:06 AM
I've been vindicated by EQ patch notes (like I didn't know). Chew on that Jibekn you no-skill gem clicking retard.

mostbitter
09-06-2012, 12:06 PM
ive been against the exp pen on pvp since before the server went up. citing the same discouragement of pvp.

PhantomRogue
09-06-2012, 12:33 PM
ive been against the exp pen on pvp since before the server went up. citing the same discouragement of pvp.

You really think EXP penalty curbs PvP more than ITEM LOOT would?

I can get 3% EXP a shit load faster than I can re-farm a PKT or fungi.

I also think you should get as much XP as the person lost. With diminishing returns so you can't exploit it. And Yellow Text so we can all see who is trying to.

Nirgon
09-06-2012, 01:11 PM
(You can be fine with running in no drop if resists are fixed)

mostbitter
09-06-2012, 01:17 PM
You really think EXP penalty curbs PvP more than ITEM LOOT would?

I can get 3% EXP a shit load faster than I can re-farm a PKT or fungi.

I also think you should get as much XP as the person lost. With diminishing returns so you can't exploit it. And Yellow Text so we can all see who is trying to.

Did I mention anything about item loot?

Haul
09-06-2012, 01:23 PM
wtb item loot for more diversity

Yukahwa
09-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Held items were only lootable on very early rallos zek and would certainly not be lootable here (because it would penalize melee disproportionately)

Item loot without XP loss would be great. It would certainly encourage people to PVP. It would be different PVP but I know that I'd be encouraged to hunt other players if there was a possibility of an even half decent item to be looted.

heartbrand
09-06-2012, 02:11 PM
Item loot will just result in an even larger nihilum type guild as people band together to limit their risk.

SamwiseBanned
09-06-2012, 02:19 PM
Held items were only lootable on very early rallos zek and would certainly not be lootable here (because it would penalize melee disproportionately)

Item loot without XP loss would be great. It would certainly encourage people to PVP. It would be different PVP but I know that I'd be encouraged to hunt other players if there was a possibility of an even half decent item to be looted.

Just bought a lvl 60 wiz, wants item loot

heartbrand
09-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Item loot will destroy PVP forever. No one wants to lose their shinies. The majority of people will be in one guild, sort of like how it is now except even worse, those people will also have all the raid loot (non-droppable VP gear), and will proceed to rape the so-called "hardcore pvpers" here for dat item loot. Really bad idea on this server.

mitic
09-06-2012, 02:31 PM
lets focus on YT first myladies

Yukahwa
09-06-2012, 03:00 PM
Just bought a lvl 60 wiz, wants item loot

Lol you think Gunnagetcha actually sold his account? that is a good plan tho.

Good point about non Nihilum high levels getting smashed by no drop geared nihilum guys. WTB pop

gankstar1868
09-06-2012, 03:02 PM
--Warning *new player* please do not flame to death--

I made a character on Legacy of Zek and r99 to see what the main differences were. I played 10-15 hours on each as an iksar SK on r99 and an iksar SK on LoZ

r99
-very difficult to level, especially without gear or people to group with.
-Extreme amount of mobs around field of bone makes it difficult to solo pull anything.
-the 35% penalty HITS really really hard. My friend i managed to get playing leveled a shaman at the same time i was and was easily outpacing me. Almost forced to reroll war or necro
-OOC is filled with bickering back and forth. Being unable to ask questions or for help pre-level 10 can be tiring.
- The classic feel is nice

Legacy of Zek
- Currently every zone is a hot zone. I leveled up very quickly and was able to get on my feet within 2-3 hours of roaming field of bone
- I think the mob spawns were somewhat broken resulting in less mobs in FoB. This made it manageable though as i could pull mobs easier.
- Having text labeling merchants and having spell merchants near the trainers helped a lot as well as beginner mobs in the city. After time i could have it all memorized but as a new player it slowed down my process without labels and or a city map in the beginning.
- Yellow text was actually really cool and i had forgotten how exciting it made things. Seeing a lot of it pop up with the who and where was neat. It let me know right away who was a danger and who wasnt as well as what guilds were competing against each other.
- Damage on mobs has been increased to hit for cap more making it easier to solo.

I played EQ when i was 10 until 17-18. I am 24 now and going back brought a lot of nostalgia, especially on r99. I am a hard core player and for the most part i do not have trouble investing my time into grinding (i prefer grinding over questing any day of the week). The problem i see is that from 10-18 i had PLENTY of free time to do whatever i wanted. Now with a career and all kinds of other bullshit, my time is very limited. Had the server a population of 250+ i could easily see a hardcore grind with minimal exp bonus viable. With the current population though, the amount of time it takes to build up my character/gear (in a very item based game) is just not realistic for most that will find this game.

People can go ahead and flame me but i am speaking from what an outsider with limited time would say to this box. The feeling is there, the nostalgia is there but the convenience is not. In order to pull in new players you need to DRASTICALLY speed up the process to get from low pop to where all the people are. That means:

1-30 is fast as hell (150-200% increase and maybe low level loot/money)
30-40 is still fast (100-150% increase in xp/loot/plat)
40-50 is winding down the progression (50-100% increase in xp/loot/play)
50-60 is normal or maybe 25% increase etc.

There is no way unless i had months off and my parents decided to give me all their money that i would be able to invest the time required on r99 to reach where the community is at now. Is it possible for the gem in the rough? Sure. But to keep the most players/highest pop you are going to need to facilitate getting to the end.

Not to mention almost any person i saw near my level during that time was twinked to high heaven.

Lazortag
09-06-2012, 04:28 PM
Item loot is a HUGE penalty for dying - keep in mind some items on blue have a market value of over 200k, so if you lose your BCG or donal's BP when you die (possibly to a bug that didn't exist in classic), you're losing hundreds of thousands of plat just for participating in pvp. I think item loot is fun, but I also think perma death is fun, and obviously you can't have a healthy server in the long-term with such a harsh punishment for losing in pvp. It will just cause people to horde exploits more than they already have. Theoretically someone could kill someone with macroquest, transfer any valuable item before they get banned to a friend, and still get to keep their spoils. It's not like the staff has the time to police every little item transaction from someone who's been banned, and it's not like you would even know if a person got banned for MQ, so you couldn't ask them to investigate. A less extreme situation might be if someone stacks resists or stats so that they have 300+ in every resist due to an exploit, or if someone has the bug where they see you in a zone but you don't see them, or if they're speed-bugged so that they move twice as fast (something that happened to me the last time I logged in). If players figure out how to consistently use these exploits, and you have harsh punishments for pvp like item loot, you can expect the server to fail. Maybe if the server had more staff to police every little pvp encounter to make sure it was fair and no one cheated, then item loot would work, but I don't see that ever happening and I don't even think we'd want that.

jdklaw
09-07-2012, 09:15 PM
rofl did u really poll that?