PDA

View Full Version : A Unique Look at XP For Population Building and Grouping.

runlvlzero
08-29-2012, 03:05 AM
This is seriously the best solution:

A flat xp bonus accross the board is actualy deterimental to any forms of grouping.

If you want people to group and have fun and play the box you need to give bigger rewards for doing just that.

XP rate on this server should be normal. The pop is low and its hard to catch up. So we want better xp this is cool.

But to fix it without hurting the melee, hybrid, low end group factor what needs to happen is 100% bonus for any group on top of normal bonus's. Then 150% for a full group.

This will encourage people networking early on even twinks and PL groups will want this bonus and it will make an hr long boat ride or run to group with that other newbie on a low pop server worthwhile. It will also make ZEM's less relevant so people can group were they choose or find a good mutual place rather then "having" to group in the uberest ZEM. Which realy hurts some folks.

Just my 2cp. Take it or leave it. Ide rather have sick insane fast 8 day max level powerleveling in groups rather then people soloing lots.

The pro's don't care about any actual xp anyway they already have their PL' teams set up or are working on them now and have planned for the future. This is for the noobs and new players.

This works well because even two warriors or 2 rogues can form a great duo with a good enough xp boost for doing so. Why penalize mages? Its not a penalty for them they can always duo with a war who can pull for them while they sit and med.

Vile
08-29-2012, 09:59 AM
lol

runlvlzero
08-29-2012, 10:16 AM
Lol trolling from sooo long ago like a year +, yet... its pretty obvious why everyone solo's. The mechanics dont support ez group play and giving people fast xp for soloing wrecks it even further destroying the core game mechanics. This is for the 1-40 game. The 50+ game is fine, not gonna be broken if you dont go past velious. As stuff is just hard enough and its more about the camps and dungeons, rather then getting just 10 more levels... usually.

Anyway if ya'll wanna dwell in the past thats fine by me, oh well. But yeah I was wondering when someone would DREDGE up that oldy but goody ;p

I'm pretty sure R99 wasn't even out. Furthermore the context I made that post in is "People were whining hardcore about no pvp server". So I pointed them in a mildy constructive direction (even if it was trollish). At least for the time being.

Vile
08-29-2012, 10:53 AM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/25814261.jpg

Nirgon
08-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Darwoth coming out swinging

runlvlzero
08-29-2012, 12:02 PM
LOL Darworth ;p

Arillious
08-29-2012, 12:03 PM
Darwoth coming out swinging

Darwoth is IP banned on these forums and doesnt care enough to figure out a way around it. This is just another nut huger.

CrystalBlue
08-30-2012, 10:41 AM
This is seriously the best solution:

A flat xp bonus accross the board is actualy deterimental to any forms of grouping.

If you want people to group and have fun and play the box you need to give bigger rewards for doing just that.

XP rate on this server should be normal. The pop is low and its hard to catch up. So we want better xp this is cool.

But to fix it without hurting the melee, hybrid, low end group factor what needs to happen is 100% bonus for any group on top of normal bonus's. Then 150% for a full group.

This will encourage people networking early on even twinks and PL groups will want this bonus and it will make an hr long boat ride or run to group with that other newbie on a low pop server worthwhile. It will also make ZEM's less relevant so people can group were they choose or find a good mutual place rather then "having" to group in the uberest ZEM. Which realy hurts some folks.

Just my 2cp. Take it or leave it. Ide rather have sick insane fast 8 day max level powerleveling in groups rather then people soloing lots.

The pro's don't care about any actual xp anyway they already have their PL' teams set up or are working on them now and have planned for the future. This is for the noobs and new players.

This works well because even two warriors or 2 rogues can form a great duo with a good enough xp boost for doing so. Why penalize mages? Its not a penalty for them they can always duo with a war who can pull for them while they sit and med.

I agree 100 percent.

Flat xp bonus just means the druids and enchanters solo faster. What we always needed was all xp bonuses to be in the form of group bonuses.

Vile
08-30-2012, 12:31 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/25893906.jpg

CrystalBlue
08-30-2012, 12:40 PM
Who is trolling? Druids getting to 60 faster at raptors does not help our community.

Encouraging grouping does.

Need flat xp bonus removed pronto, need grouping xp bonus in its place super pronto. Get those Druids out of TD and into groups. Get those Enchanters away from duoing with desperatly needed clerics and instead get that duo into groups supporting the groups like the GROUP/SUPPORT clasess they were designed to be.

its 2012, the jig is up, EVERYONE knows solo is better. Game mechanics must step in and reverse that.

Time is now, before more chronic LFG players quit and we back to dead box of 35 (on raid nights..).

heartbrand
08-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Wait, I thought box was at 35 because everyone got griefed off by Nihilum? Now it's because..... the mechanics here on p99 aren't optimal? What a shocker!

Nirgon
08-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Time is now, before more chronic LFG players quit and we back to dead box of 35 (on raid nights..).

I don't think that's avoidable..

runlvlzero
08-30-2012, 05:26 PM
For me, I think I'm going to stick it out and level an enchanter, and cleric alts. Nuui. I'll pick up Starwind when I have the gear to make soloing or duoing more pleasurable. I feel pretty bad making a good soloer' carry my hybrid xp penalty. It took me 35 levels to realize this, but its really ugly from the other side of the fence (those not playing the hybrids). The flat xp bonus makes it even more obvious to good solo classes.

I'm not whining or trying to troll. I am just trying to offer suggestions and being informative. Code and EMU box is still more stable and tolerable to me then LoZ's (which never took off for me even after my promotion of it). R99 Box is still +1 player from me.

Thanks for your affermation CrystalBlue.