PDA

View Full Version : a simple poll

mitic
08-25-2012, 03:50 PM
yes, quite simple

gankstar1868
08-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Garbage poll. 4th option to add 500% for those who don't live in basements

true story - i live on the 6th floor of an apartment building so could we do 600% too maybe?

Dullah
08-25-2012, 07:39 PM
Considering that within a week, I'm seeing an absolute ton of 55+ players, its safe to say exp should go back to normal levels. Trivializing this will only make accomplishing anything feel less meaningful.

Swampfeet
08-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Trivializing this will only make accomplishing anything feel less meaningful.

Ok so now that you used the bonus to get to 60 therefore "trivializing" the accomplishment no one else should be able to?

Sounds legit

SamwiseBanned
08-25-2012, 09:38 PM
plz remove xp bonus after Nihilum hits 60, thanks.

TheLieka
08-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Considering that within a week, I'm seeing an absolute ton of 55+ players, its safe to say exp should go back to normal levels. Trivializing this will only make accomplishing anything feel less meaningful.

Love the logic, haha.

SamwiseBanned
08-25-2012, 09:51 PM
gotta admit, grinding out levels has no meaning for me :/

SearyxTZ
08-25-2012, 09:58 PM
would rather see hotzones than static bonus. even just 1-2 low to mid level zones.

I'm level 22 atm and because everyone is so spread out, you don't really see anyone

if a hotzone meant 15+ players in the same zone people would be more willing to tolerate the grind because it wouldn't be so much of a solo experience

TheLieka
08-25-2012, 10:04 PM
would rather see hotzones than static bonus. even just 1-2 low to mid level zones.

I'm level 22 atm and because everyone is so spread out, you don't really see anyone

if a hotzone meant 15+ players in the same zone people would be more willing to tolerate the grind because it wouldn't be so much of a solo experience

^^ This. It's tried and true. It also brings the boys to the yard for ganking levelers. It creates a fun atmosphere, and (though whining is a constant) it changes the direction of the whining.

HappyTr33z
08-25-2012, 11:41 PM
I vote hotzone idea, anything to promote pvp, that's what I came here to do :P and so far it's been pretty hard to be able to do it.

Vile
08-26-2012, 12:47 AM
Garbage poll. 4th option to add 500% for those who don't live in basements

Dullah
08-26-2012, 12:55 AM
Ok so now that you used the bonus to get to 60 therefore "trivializing" the accomplishment no one else should be able to?

Sounds legit
Everyone could take advantage of it. Those who stick around get the benefit of the bonus. Limited time offer, like many things in life. Do you argue with walmart managers for not having rollback prices 365 days of the year?

I'm personally against exp bonuses, period. I don't feel like I need them, but I understand others do. I like EQ to be classic. EQ requires time and people. Its about having fun, making friends and accomplishing stuff together. Trivializing EQ is only selling yourself short.

SamwiseBanned
08-26-2012, 01:13 AM
Everyone could take advantage of it. Those who stick around get the benefit of the bonus. Limited time offer, like many things in life. Do you argue with walmart managers for not having rollback prices 365 days of the year?

I'm personally against exp bonuses, period. I don't feel like I need them, but I understand others do. I like EQ to be classic. EQ requires time and people. Its about having fun, making friends and accomplishing stuff together. Trivializing EQ is only selling yourself short.

so you leveled to 50 grouping as a wizard?

Dullah
08-26-2012, 02:21 AM
I grouped as often as I could. Was much more enjoyable grouping than solo.

Gustoo
08-26-2012, 03:10 AM
Hot zones would be amazing.

gankstar1868
08-26-2012, 04:36 AM
Hot zones is necessary. There are a lot of people playing this that do not have the time required to get to 50-60 range. Would really appreciate a constant boost. I don't mind the added PvP from hotzones. Makes it more interesting.

TheLieka
08-26-2012, 10:36 AM
The basic problem here is that you guys (the self-proclaimed voice of the people) are trying to push ideas to the staff by holding population numbers as the carrot. The server's staff cannot, and (if they're smart) will not make knee jerk decisions with the direct goal of increasing the server's population. Making decisions with the goal of increasing the server's population always amounts to pandering. Pandering makes the game easier. Making the game easier is better for a player, but worse for the server.

The discussion of blanket xp bonus vs no xp bonus is moot; it really comes into reducing the time it takes to level, thus reducing the content with which players interact, thus reducing lifetime of the available content.

The discussion of hot zones vs no hot zones has the goal of promoting interaction amongst the existing population without forcing it. Increased interaction should make the experience more fun (or at least more memorable). A fun and memorable experience will generate more buzz, which will attract new players and keep existing players without making it the express goal of the action (i.e. better game, better experience, better population, no pandering required)

TL;DR:
1) The staff should not make project decisions in an attempt to increase population.

2) The staff should make project decisions to make the box more fun; if the box is fun, the population will increase as a result (without pandering).

Summary: Hot zones are good. Blanket xp bonuses are bad. If you want to know why, read the rest of the post, numb nuts.

heartbrand
08-26-2012, 11:04 AM
The lifetime of the zones is diminished when people quit and never utilize them because of the grind. The issue really goes beyond exp, it's the combined difficulty of gettin a group with PVP.

TheLieka
08-26-2012, 11:15 AM
The lifetime of the zones is diminished when people quit and never utilize them because of the grind. The issue really goes beyond exp, it's the combined difficulty of gettin a group with PVP.

People don't quit because of the grind. People quit because they aren't having fun. If your only reason for playing is to get to level x and get item y, then you will quit after you get it anyway, and your opinion cannot be seriously considered.

Rushmore
08-26-2012, 11:29 AM
There is work being done in this thread

Rushmore
08-26-2012, 11:30 AM
People don't quit because of the grind. People quit because they aren't having fun. If your only reason for playing is to get to level x and get item y, then you will quit after you get it anyway, and your opinion cannot be seriously considered.

whats your opinion on YT? the people want it! what have you say!

mitic
08-26-2012, 11:32 AM
daxum, so you say easy exp is bad... why have we been able to box and get lvl 50 within a week playing casualy on your server 3 years ago ?

iam not sayin that i want it as easy as vztz was but iam rly amazed about daxums writings in here

TheLieka
08-26-2012, 11:34 AM
I learned a lot of things over the years. I just shared one of them with you.

mitic
08-26-2012, 11:42 AM
thinkin about it, hotzones might be the best idea.

hotzones helps new players to stick together/to group and also helps to find pvp!

i could see following zones as hotzones

faydwer:
crushbone
unrest
mistmore

antonica east:
oasis
najena

antonica south:
lower guk

antonica central:
runyeye

antonica west & north:
blackburrow

kunark:
that low lvl dungeon at field of bone

odus:
lol whut?

Awwalike
08-26-2012, 11:52 AM
I tell ya h'whut

TheLieka
08-26-2012, 12:13 PM
Well, if you're getting into specifics, here are my two cents. It's list time!

There are a few things you have to keep in mind before choosing Hot Zones.

Do not make newbie zones "hot zones".
Make sure people can't farm inintended high level NPCs from hot zones (either by buffing the NPCs or lowering the NPCs' levels).
Hot Zones should not be common. Going to a Hot Zone should be exciting, not a time that you plan to zone in and take a smoke break.
Hot Zones are great at bringing players to content that they would not typically experience. I do not believe that giving players a cookie for experiencing content that they would have experienced anyway is a good idea.
Finally, the worst thing that a staff can do is increase drop rates in Hot Zones.
Yes, a Hot Zone should attract players, but monkeying with the loot tables in order to attract players is a bad idea. Stick with the Hot Zone xp bonus, and leave it at that.

Now for the actual zones that I would pick:

Beholder's Maze (Antonica)
8 - 25

Kerra Island (Odus)
15 - 35

Kaesora (Kunark)
30 - 45

Kedge Keep (Faydwer)
35 - 50

either:
Howling Stones (Kunark)
50+
or
The Hole (Odus) <-- My preference, but I understand why promoting the new Kunark content would be preferable.
40+

SearyxTZ
08-26-2012, 12:21 PM
The basic problem here is that you guys (the self-proclaimed voice of the people) are trying to push ideas to the staff by holding population numbers as the carrot. The server's staff cannot, and (if they're smart) will not make knee jerk decisions with the direct goal of increasing the server's population. Making decisions with the goal of increasing the server's population always amounts to pandering. Pandering makes the game easier. Making the game easier is better for a player, but worse for the server.

The discussion of blanket xp bonus vs no xp bonus is moot; it really comes into reducing the time it takes to level, thus reducing the content with which players interact, thus reducing lifetime of the available content.

The discussion of hot zones vs no hot zones has the goal of promoting interaction amongst the existing population without forcing it. Increased interaction should make the experience more fun (or at least more memorable). A fun and memorable experience will generate more buzz, which will attract new players and keep existing players without making it the express goal of the action (i.e. better game, better experience, better population, no pandering required)

TL;DR:
1) The staff should not make project decisions in an attempt to increase population.

2) The staff should make project decisions to make the box more fun; if the box is fun, the population will increase as a result (without pandering).

Summary: Hot zones are good. Blanket xp bonuses are bad. If you want to know why, read the rest of the post, numb nuts.

Agreed on all of this.

Pandering to whiners is a door you don't even want to crack open, because once you set a precedent for it then it never stops (and good god did I ever learn this the hard way).

Separating real feedback versus a players personal preferences is not always easy especially with this community, but I do think the polls give a lot of hard data.

And there's a wide chasm of difference between "I want to level fast because I'm lazy and want to play Counterstrike With Elves. DO IT" and "I'm leveling on your server and it isn't fun because I've seen five people since I started and have to solo grind and opportunities to pvp are extremely fleeting due to the size of the world combined with the size of the playerbase combined with the lack of design considerations to funnel players in the same areas". I really think the 1-40 player experience is what needs a look. I think the high level experience is probably pretty damn solid and has lots of good pvp opportunities, which is the only reason I'm playing and gutting it out. I know I'll be able to roll into KC or Seb and find plenty of people to kill.

The staff here have very rarely communicated with the players on the forums though Dax, about anything. To some extent I'm sure you can understand why. It's not.... fun, dealing with this kind of player discontent. I think Nilbog actually does care but he's been doing this for some 3+ years now and is also responsible for the blue server iirc.

I also think this box is like one patch away from being in a state where it can be left alone, and players have this tendency to exaggerate minor gripes or complaints. Like "I'm not playing because this server doesn't have YT".... really? Of all the reasons you could not play on an EQ PvP server, that's what's holding you back? You were cool with Monks kicking for 300 and MQ2 script kiddies running shop and incomplete item/npc databases five years ago, but you're not cool with this?

thinkin about it, hotzones might be the best idea.

hotzones helps new players to stick together/to group and also helps to find pvp!

i could see following zones as hotzones

faydwer:
crushbone
unrest
mistmore

antonica east:
oasis
najena

antonica south:
lower guk

antonica central:
runyeye

antonica west & north:
blackburrow

kunark:
that low lvl dungeon at field of bone

odus:
lol whut?

This server needs 2 hotzones. No more 3.

Any more than that defeats the purpose. We have 50-100 players to work with, spread across 60 levels.

Rotating would be fine. I personally wouldn't highlight zones in out of the way locations, as cool as some of the lesser-visited zones are. I'd stick to Kunark. That's where people are going to be anyway, and travelling in EQ is a god damn pain. Something as simple as this:

Low/Mid Hotzone: Lake of Ill Omen (or Overthere)
High Level Hotzone: KC (or Seb/Chardok)

bam -- lowbies are leveling in Lake. Instead of being spread across Lake, Overthere, Warsilks, FM, Oasis, Guk, Unrest, Crushbone, Blackburrow, Solusek A/B, etc.... they're in that one zone. They're fighting eachother. They're grouping. It almost resembles a classic red server.

SamwiseBanned
08-26-2012, 12:23 PM
why make it the less populated zones, everyone knows unrest is the place to be for lowbie pvp, no reason not to make it a hotzone. tbh hotzones arent needed, how about just keep xp bonus. people are gonna level where they are going to level regardless of hotzones. if you make it some zone noone wants to go to people wont come, maybe a power leveler but i would go to unrest whether its a hotzone or not.

SamwiseBanned
08-26-2012, 12:26 PM
make runnyeye/kedge a hotzone, bet itll be as empty or low populated as it was before hotzone.

SearyxTZ
08-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Unrest would be fine. That's probably the only old world zone worth considering (maybe Upper/Lower Guk).

Something like Unrest and Dreadlands/KC being highlighted would work wonders.

Keeping in mind that there are ~106 zones in the game with Kunark. Also keeping in mind that traveling on foot across Antonica and then taking the boat to Kunark can take upwards of two hours.

SamwiseBanned
08-26-2012, 12:30 PM
exactly and at low to mid levels youll want to be near a trainer/spell vender which for most class/races will be a bitch if you are bound in Kunark. Hotzones is a good idea in theory but i dont think itll help with pop. I think the most important thing is to keep the xp bonus in, without it, I am afraid things will go sour.

Awwalike
08-26-2012, 12:30 PM
kurns tower hot spot wud b epic

SearyxTZ
08-26-2012, 12:32 PM
Actually, Unrest is a perfect example.

Why is this zone semi-popular on the server? Well, because it's good for PL'ing, but *also* because it has a big zone EXP mod. It's like a quasi hotzone already.

If they tagged Unrest as the lowbie hotzone with sticky on this forum with "Unrest: +50% exp bonus" (+ whatever mid/high level zone), that would alleviate a ton of the griping about the early grind + be way more fun and way closer to a classic experience. It'd probably have 15+ people in it on the regular.

SamwiseBanned
08-26-2012, 12:32 PM
besides Iksars, it would be a pain in the ass to get lowbies to kurns. just sayin people dont even wanna wait on the boat from antonica to faydark. not only does it take forever but getting a bind can take even longer if you are a melee. not practical to force lowbies into kunark

TheLieka
08-26-2012, 12:34 PM
If the goal is to get the players together, then I agree, OT and Chardok would be good Hot Zones. If the goal is to get players to unvisited content, then I fall back to my list.

I would imagine that 70+% of them are 50-60, and would be in Chardok / Seb / Howling Stones anyway (most likely Chardok if they can stay alive). At that point, the other hot zones would be for the new players trying to level up.

make runnyeye/kedge a hotzone, bet itll be as empty or low populated as it was before hotzone.

Really? Let's put it this way. Would you suck a dick for a dollar? What about 20 dollars? What about 50 dollars? What about 75 million dollars? Maybe you don't have a price, but most people do. If you make the zone xp attractive, people will be lining up to suck that dick.

Just sayin.

SamwiseBanned
about 3-4 weeks ago VV contantly had 10+ in unrest. the main reason is that I designated Crushbone>Unrest>MM as the guild leveling path. I suggest the server decide on something like that too for easy groupage. That path is pretty standard anyway except no highkeep but again that zone is out of the way and you cant really do anything until you are bound there.

SearyxTZ
yeah Kurns wouldn't work

its a low level zone that requires traveling through massive dangerous outdoor zones (EJ) with no reasonable bind location or cities nearby unless you are 1 race out of 13

SamwiseBanned
08-26-2012, 12:37 PM
If the goal is to get the players together, then I agree, OT and Chardok would be good Hot Zones. If the goal is to get players to unvisited content, then I fall back to my list.

I would imagine that 70+% of them are 50-60, and would be in Chardok / Seb / Howling Stones anyway (most likely Chardok if they can stay alive). At that point, the other hot zones would be for the new players trying to level up.

Really? Let's put it this way. Would you suck a dick for a dollar? What about 20 dollars? What about 50 dollars? What about 75 million dollars? Maybe you don't have a price, but most people do. If you make the zone xp attractive, people will be lining up to suck that dick.

Just sayin.

id rather level in places i wanna level, not be pushed into some ugly ass unenjoyable zone. halflings have best xp modifer yet people still make ogre warriors. not all about xp per kill.

TheLieka
How is the economy on Red99? Is plat worth anything?

SearyxTZ
about 3-4 weeks ago VV contantly had 10+ in unrest. the main reason is that I designated Crushbone>Unrest>MM as the guild leveling path. I suggest the server decide on something like that too for easy groupage. That path is pretty standard anyway except no highkeep but again that zone is out of the way and you cant really do anything until you are bound there.

At this point I'm wondering if this could even be player-mandated. Just pointing at a handful of zones (ie: Unrest + KC/DL) as the go-to zones. It wouldn't be as effective without an exp bonus obv, but I dunno.

I do have that stickied thread on this forum (which I'm currently using as a repository for pictures of red pandas)

TheLieka
08-26-2012, 12:38 PM
id rather level in places i wanna level, not be pushed into some ugly ass unenjoyable zone. halflings have best xp modifer yet people still make ogre warriors. not all about xp per kill.

That's because halfling warriors get stunned by frontal melee attacks. It's a shitty analogy.

SamwiseBanned
08-26-2012, 12:38 PM
better yet make permafrost a hotzone and see how many mid levels pour into that one.

SamwiseBanned
08-26-2012, 12:39 PM
That's because halfling warriors get stunned by frontal melee attacks. It's a shitty analogy.

my argument was that xp is not the deciding factor in things. sol a is pretty good xp but something is way jacked up with the pathing in that zone so youll never see me leveling a toon there.

SearyxTZ
08-26-2012, 12:41 PM
plat is more valuable on red than on blue, at like a 6:1 ratio

there's a lot of plat trading between the two servers

SamwiseBanned
08-26-2012, 12:41 PM
Crushbone > Unrest > Mistmore > SolB was the VV path and for the most part the most populated path I've seen on this server. yes Oasis can go in there somewhere as well as Guk but thats pretty much it. Excluding soloers in the karanas and other places.

SamwiseBanned
08-26-2012, 12:42 PM
i would keep some blue plat, red plat loses/gains like a rollercoaster here do to population dips. I think at one point you couldnt even trade red pp for blue pp (when pop hit 20 daily)

SearyxTZ
08-26-2012, 12:44 PM
I'd think that KC would replace SolB with the addition of Kunark

but other than that, yeah that looks pretty smart. All those zones are close to eachother too. Only downside being some difficulty for evil races to do it.

SamwiseBanned
08-26-2012, 12:48 PM
luckily evils can bind in gfay far away from guards :)

SearyxTZ
08-26-2012, 12:50 PM
they can't train/buy/bank, though. this is where that Neriak pot in LFay would really make sense to have

SearyxTZ
08-26-2012, 12:52 PM
and my pick of Lake of Ill Omen is because that was THE low/mid level pvp zone on Tallon Zek

we're talking 80+ people on at primetime with a solid 50/50 divide between lighties and darkies. My guild spent years there intentionally staying at levels 20-30 and just pvping for zone control.

it's centrally located and accessible by all races (Cabilis, FV outpost, OT outpost)

SamwiseBanned
08-26-2012, 12:53 PM
true but easier to get a port (gfay spires, SF rings, BB rings) to and from faydark than getting dropped in the middle of dreadlands or w/e dangerous places for lowbies in kunark

SamwiseBanned
08-26-2012, 12:54 PM
hmm i cant remember where i leveled on sz, it definately wasnt kunark but on Druzzil Ro it was definately LoIO, OT, KC ect.

SamwiseBanned
08-26-2012, 12:57 PM
non iksar melees are at the mercy of casters to bind them in Kunark before they can even think about xp. this is why soulbinders are needed. pop too low. I remember in January it took a couple of days (3-4 hours total) to get my ogre warrior bound in gfay. the hardest part was not getting pked by the people coming to bind me but either way that was 2 days i couldnt do jack shit because i was bound in feerott.

TheLieka
08-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Good point. You're right. The game would be more fun if you didn't have to try.

I will admit that my list was based on more than just "helping you level" and "getting people together". Here's the thing, someone had to go through and populate the spawn tables. Someone had to create the itemization tables. Someone had to put in faction tables. Someone had to balance their levels. Someone had to write their pathing. Then some dude bitched because it was wrong, so someone else had to go in and adjust it. Someone had to write their quests. I could go on...

It is nice to see people actually use zones like Kedge Keep and Kerra Island and enjoy the work that has taken over 8 years and thousands upon thousands of man-hours to produce. If that takes you 20 minutes out of your way, and you can't sit in Unrest, then you don't have to use it. If no one uses it, then that's fine too - the staff of the server cannot be expected to adjust human behavior. If they were really concerned with getting you out of Unrest, they would just remove it from the game.

Hot Zones are a carrot, not a stick. It's up to each individual on whether or not they choose to utilize them. If you tell me that it's going to take me x days to get y levels, or I can travel for an hour and then I will get those same levels in much less time (not to mention getting a group and pvp), then you bet your ass I'll travel. I think most people would do the same.

aborted
08-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Hot zones would be amazing, and id like to see the xp stay the same for atleast 1-51. So people can get to kunark lvls if they want too.

SamwiseBanned
08-26-2012, 01:07 PM
Good point. You're right. The game would be more fun if you didn't have to try.

I will admit that my list was based on more than just "helping you level" and "getting people together". Here's the thing, someone had to go through and populate the spawn tables. Someone had to create the itemization tables. Someone had to put in faction tables. Someone had to balance their levels. Someone had to write their pathing. Then some dude bitched because it was wrong, so someone else had to go in and adjust it. Someone had to write their quests. I could go on...

It is nice to see people actually use zones like Kedge Keep and Kerra Island and enjoy the work that has taken over 8 years and thousands upon thousands of man-hours to produce. If that takes you 20 minutes out of your way, and you can't sit in Unrest, then you don't have to use it. If no one uses it, then that's fine too - the staff of the server cannot be expected to adjust human behavior. If they were really concerned with getting you out of Unrest, they would just remove it from the game.

Hot Zones are a carrot, not a stick. It's up to each individual on whether or not they choose to utilize them. If you tell me that it's going to take me x days to get y levels, or I can travel for an hour and then I will get those same levels in much less time (not to mention getting a group and pvp), then you bet your ass I'll travel. I think most people would do the same.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/1159820564freshprincewtc343gj9.gif

I appreciate the work but that doesnt make certain zones any more enjoyable for me :(

SearyxTZ
08-26-2012, 01:10 PM
I just want to not be the 1 person in a zone I'm grinding in

as a player I think I'd still go to those other zones for item drops. For exp grinding though (and pvp), it should be centralized

Rushmore
08-26-2012, 05:23 PM
Well, if you're getting into specifics, here are my two cents. It's list time!

There are a few things you have to keep in mind before choosing Hot Zones.

Do not make newbie zones "hot zones".
Make sure people can't farm inintended high level NPCs from hot zones (either by buffing the NPCs or lowering the NPCs' levels).
Hot Zones should not be common. Going to a Hot Zone should be exciting, not a time that you plan to zone in and take a smoke break.
Hot Zones are great at bringing players to content that they would not typically experience. I do not believe that giving players a cookie for experiencing content that they would have experienced anyway is a good idea.
Finally, the worst thing that a staff can do is increase drop rates in Hot Zones.
Yes, a Hot Zone should attract players, but monkeying with the loot tables in order to attract players is a bad idea. Stick with the Hot Zone xp bonus, and leave it at that.

Now for the actual zones that I would pick:

Beholder's Maze (Antonica)
8 - 25

Kerra Island (Odus)
15 - 35

Kaesora (Kunark)
30 - 45

Kedge Keep (Faydwer)
35 - 50

either:
Howling Stones (Kunark)
50+
or
The Hole (Odus) <-- My preference, but I understand why promoting the new Kunark content would be preferable.
40+

agreed to everything u ever said till you picked hot zones.

TheLieka
08-26-2012, 05:54 PM
You're not the first one. ;) So far, I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that thinks its a good idea to give people an incentive to go to underutilized content.

but dude... it's been years since I've ganked a group in Kedge. You don't know joy until you have killed with dispel. And I held that joy until dispelling levitate in mass pvp fights over Klandi... oh mama.

Renk
08-27-2012, 04:52 AM
I tend to think keeping the current boosted exp is the best baseline, for both fun and population, because the "reducing lifetime of the available content" argument isn't as applicable here due to PvP already slowing down PvE consumption, and PvP itself isn't typical PvE content that gets linearly consumed.

Also, hotzones seem to be the best additional option for boosting activity (be it pve grouping and/or pvp), and doesn't clash with some people's feelings as harshly as the YT/LB things do.

The biggest thing about hotzones I would say is, while some people mentioned not wanting too many at a time as to not spread people out too much, for each level bracket (low/mid/high or whatever) there should be 2 at the same time. One in kunark and one in the old world, or such, for some of the excessive travel reasons previous posters mentioned in some cases.

And if they are rotating (possibly among specific zones for each bracket like people mentioned, not too many giant outdoor zones like karanas), then some days they would be a place you want/usually level in, other days they might be that more unused kerra/kedge type that might bring new people to experience them (or not, that's ok too). I think that variety would be good initially to see how it goes. Some give, some take, one wouldn't necessarily expect or want to be in a hotzone every single day.

Maybe a 50% hotzone boost is too high if we keep the current bonus, but something in the 20-50% range I suppose (additive I would also guess, not multiplicative). And if there was one in a lvl50+ zone maybe it should be less of a mod than lower level zones or such. Just throwing some things out there.

Smedy
08-27-2012, 07:27 AM
Been playing since Kunark launch and spent way to much time in EQ, however it for once actually feels like i progress at a acceptable rate.

I voted to keep the exp bonus, the amount of time you have to invest is still high enough with the bonus.

aerokella
08-27-2012, 07:31 AM
Smedy is always so funny and on point.

Vote smedy for president this year at the booths.

Smedy
08-27-2012, 07:32 AM
Considering that within a week, I'm seeing an absolute ton of 55+ players, its safe to say exp should go back to normal levels.

Meanwhile at supremes face a fifth chin is making an appearance.

These people are playing 24/7, some people call it "quantum computing research" but we all know you ain't doing shit.

Takyn
08-27-2012, 07:58 AM
Meanwhile at supremes face a fifth chin is making an appearance.

These people are playing 24/7, some people call it "quantum computing research" but we all know you ain't doing shit.

Lol

Swish
08-27-2012, 08:24 AM
It's a dull job soloing. Obviously respect for anyone who has managed to level up without much help... but the numbers online are tied to my motivation to carry on. If it starts dropping off more then I'm probably going to disappear.

So essentially, if people won't stay without the exp bonus then those levelling up wanting a half decent population will be disappointed and play elsewhere as well. Sad, but true.

diplo
08-27-2012, 08:50 AM
50% exp forever please....the grind sucks.

Nirgon
08-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Well xp loss on death merits a bonus I think in a classic world. It doesn't hurt with the lower pop either. Nihilum may bleed members at some point and have to PL and it helps new people get out of the "push auto attack and stare" levels for hybrids and shit. /shrug , it makes most people happy too.

Not that there were any 4 level limit FFA servers with xp loss on a death or a bonus on live... which I'll just stop talking about (you're welcome).

gloinz
08-27-2012, 04:47 PM
xp bonus is desperately needed pvp champ calculates 15 hours to grind from 51 to 52 by med alt tab kill tactics

runlvlzero
08-27-2012, 05:41 PM
I voted for +50% because its what the:

A. Masses want
B. provides more noobs to entertain
C. makes my life easier

Though I dont exactly feel like it is a "perfect solution" to population...

Having low level groups and things is nice... if everyone hasnt raced to level 9000 yet. There even has been !FUN! to be had at lower levels on this server... just ask Cwall, Pallene, Chellsea etc all.

gloinz
08-27-2012, 11:16 PM
xp is sooo slow somebody think of the poor folk trying to get to at least lvl 50 so they can start playing the pvp box

Kevynne
09-02-2012, 11:16 PM
i find it dificult to level a hybrid or a class with xp oenalty; with out the experience bonus laid in; i would say remove them once the pop is about the same as blue like 400 peak time and 100 low time.

canardvc
09-03-2012, 10:23 AM
xp IS SLOW already, even with this +50% bonus. And i'm just in my early 20s. So I'd say keep the bonus.

Though I like the idea of hotzones to centralize players around few zones. The main problem actually isn't xp rate, it's the rate at which you cross other players.

Why not cutting the pear in two and having 25% constant bonus + 25% in hotzones ? Really need to gather level 1-40 players in few zones so they can group.

Kevynne
09-04-2012, 10:53 PM
xp IS SLOW already, even with this +50% bonus. And i'm just in my early 20s. So I'd say keep the bonus.

Though I like the idea of hotzones to centralize players around few zones. The main problem actually isn't xp rate, it's the rate at which you cross other players.

Why not cutting the pear in two and having 25% constant bonus + 25% in hotzones ? Really need to gather level 1-40 players in few zones so they can group.

^knows his/her shit.