PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Guk Faction Broken

Reiker
11-13-2009, 05:59 AM
Started as an Erudite Magician, dubious to live frogs.

Spent probably 30 hours of constantly killing undead frogs. We're talking hundreds of frogs here.

Still dubious to live frogs.

I killed EE and PH maybe 6-7 times tonight and now I'm kos to live frogs. Haven't received ANY other -Live faction hits at all.

This does not seem right.

Sadad
11-13-2009, 02:32 PM
I had the same thing. I killed a couple fungus mutants after I killed about 200 dead frogs, and I'm still kos. I don't know if this is broken, though.

Aeolwind
11-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Ratio of negative to positive faction hits is very high. Remember, for every ah shit, it takes a thousand attaboys to wipe it out....and no the ratio isn't 1-1000, just an example.

Goobles
11-14-2009, 01:09 AM
All faction is borked. Trust me on this.

Here's the thread I started on the topic....

http://project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=448

I know for a fact that faction is borked. There's no way in hell that I should have gotten from 8 to 12 on that Koalindl quest without one single faction upgrade. I know on Live, it took like 5-6 fish from Amiable to become warmly. But as insisted, I don't know how faction works..

Smashed
11-14-2009, 01:56 AM
Reiker, this is about right.

Dubious is a *very* large faction level, and you only receive one faction point for killing frogs(on live at least). I dunno what era it was, but there was an illusion wood elf crown quest that most warriors were doing which involved getting live side faction. If you want, you can click these links to read horror stories:

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1081
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2275

I spent about a week in guk, at a much higher level than you are, killing a lot faster...and I can testify that faction in guk always moved verrry slowly. I was ready to quit after the first day, but I always kept thinking "im almost there". I kept logs of it and I think i killed like 4000 frogs before I got the faction I needed. Guk faction is a real faction grind, not some walk in the park like going to crushbone for a couple hours and turning in belts for ally.

Goobles
11-14-2009, 03:42 AM
Maybe the problem is that EVERYTHING is set at 1 faction point for increase? I'm about to go back to Live and conduct my own tests...

nilbog
11-14-2009, 12:37 PM
Most kill increases were done on the basis of +1 bump. I played a magician from Kunark - PoP, and increasing faction was primarily what I did.

Examples of things that took days :

-Chardok faction by killing in Droga
-Lower guk for wood elf illusion hat
-Mistmoore for Ring of Scale faction

Now I'll tell you the biggest issue with the eqemulator servers was that by default all the mobs are -30 hits, and all +10 positive. As this is completely wrong, most mobs do give a +1.

There are instances where the faction hits are MUCH bigger, both positive and negative. (killing sir lucan yields much worse faction than killing brother jenry) This is purely situational as per the mobs/turn ins in question. Especially regarding certain quests.

If people want to list what hits would differ per zone by unique case and the big quest issues, they can be fixed with specifics. I simply cannot research every aspect of every npc and quest :(

Goobles
11-14-2009, 06:20 PM
If people want to list what hits would differ per zone by unique case and the big quest issues, they can be fixed with specifics. I simply cannot research every aspect of every npc and quest :(

How shall we go about doing this, Oh Lord?

Bubbles
11-14-2009, 06:43 PM
I'm rocketed through kindly and amiably vs. live frogs.

But that's only recently, and I've lived in guk deadside since level 30.

GL to the rest of you. ;)

Goobles
11-14-2009, 07:43 PM
Come rez me.

Reiker
11-15-2009, 05:47 AM
I got max ally in Chardok in a few hours in Droga.

BuzWeaver
04-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Reiker, this is about right.

Dubious is a *very* large faction level, and you only receive one faction point for killing frogs(on live at least). I dunno what era it was, but there was an illusion wood elf crown quest that most warriors were doing which involved getting live side faction. If you want, you can click these links to read horror stories:

http://www.thesteelwarrior.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1081
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2275

I spent about a week in guk, at a much higher level than you are, killing a lot faster...and I can testify that faction in guk always moved verrry slowly. I was ready to quit after the first day, but I always kept thinking "im almost there". I kept logs of it and I think i killed like 4000 frogs before I got the faction I needed. Guk faction is a real faction grind, not some walk in the park like going to crushbone for a couple hours and turning in belts for ally.

Is the Crushbone Belt turn-in still working? I turned one in to Canloe Nusback, but he just ate it. On live I'd turn them in 4 at a time, but thought you could do one at a time (in general). I know he has the Lego Pad trun-in that require two at a time.

Omnimorph
04-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Is the Crushbone Belt turn-in still working? I turned one in to Canloe Nusback, but he just ate it. On live I'd turn them in 4 at a time, but thought you could do one at a time (in general). I know he has the Lego Pad trun-in that require two at a time.

Think it's 2 for turning in belts.

BuzWeaver
04-21-2010, 12:02 PM
Think it's 2 for turning in belts.

Makes sense. As I mentioned I typically do 4 at a time. I'll check it out today. Thanks.