PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: Crushbone Slaver Key Quest

EVocati
08-23-2012, 10:08 PM
The slaver key quest is currently not working for turn-ins. This is pretty much the only way to gain kelethin merchant faction which means I can never sell as a Gnome Necro. Are there plans to fix this?

nilbog
08-25-2012, 11:44 PM
Can you be more specific on what isn't working? There are many different keys.

Cfullard
03-07-2015, 04:04 PM
Hi Nilbog,

I just found this thread after doing a search and I think it needs a necro. Ok so the quest is to get keys off of Orc Slavers and turn them into random slaves around Crushbone. The problem is that none of the slaves are wanting the proper keys.

This is the original thread for what the quest does :

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=119

All of the slaves regardless of who they are make the reference to the Taskmaster quest. Each of the slaves in there has a specific quest for them, and each of them raise faction depending on the turn in. This is not as bad as it sounds unless you're an 'evil' race trying to improve your reputation in Kelethin because in my experience this was one of the only ways to raise it.

nilbog
03-09-2015, 01:59 PM
Hi Nilbog,

I just found this thread after doing a search and I think it needs a necro. Ok so the quest is to get keys off of Orc Slavers and turn them into random slaves around Crushbone. The problem is that none of the slaves are wanting the proper keys.

This is the original thread for what the quest does :

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=119

All of the slaves regardless of who they are make the reference to the Taskmaster quest. Each of the slaves in there has a specific quest for them, and each of them raise faction depending on the turn in. This is not as bad as it sounds unless you're an 'evil' race trying to improve your reputation in Kelethin because in my experience this was one of the only ways to raise it.

After trying these turn ins, I didn't have an issue with the slaves wanting the wrong keys. They want exactly the keys mentioned on the allakhazam page.

However, there were missing factions and dialogue.

Pending update,
-Correct faction hits for female/male dwarven slaves
-Added negative Dark Reflection hit for Retlon
-Correct dialogue for small wood carving
-Correct faction hits for wood elf female/male slaves
-Correct dialogue for faded wedding cloth
-Correct dialogue for torn letter

Note, those are only the correct faction name hits, not the actual values. If someone can test the values, I will update this in the future.

Cfullard
03-09-2015, 09:39 PM
Tested :

Dwarven Female key - Turned in by Dark Elf Female - Level 11 - Gave correct key which Zam shows as 17.

Result : This did nothing, no quest text or response at all and no faction hits at all. Also, not sure if this is important when I hailed the dwarf she said nothing about keys only the taskmaster.

Not sure if this is what you were refering to, but I did test it :p

Portasaurus
03-27-2015, 09:22 AM
Pro-tip: If you want to be sure you're handing the right key to the right slave, give the slaves 1 copper piece and they will tell you which key they are looking for. If i recall correctly, they say something like "No, I don't need that! I need key # X"

I ruined my Kelethin Merchant faction years ago making a batch of Elven Veal from slave meat. It's quite tender, you know...