PDA

View Full Version : MUSIC! Need help

Taluvill
08-23-2012, 04:31 PM
Throwing together a mix for a party on saturday, and with the random mix of people on here, I figured this might be a good spot to shout out for some help :p There's gotta be some DJ/Druggy/EQ player on here that has tons of good music.

I've got near 10k songs, but a lot of it is metal and rock, not really party material. I have enough stuff to put something together, but I need newer stuff, obviously, although if you have an old favorite LMK because I might not have it ( probably don't lol )

Anyone got some good tracks? Links to downloads of those like 1 hour mixes, or large song torrents? I can only find top 40's, and many of those overlap or aren't really party music.

Thanks in advance, I'll be back :p

azeth
08-23-2012, 04:32 PM
Throwing together a mix for a party on saturday, and with the random mix of people on here, I figured this might be a good spot to shout out for some help :p There's gotta be some DJ/Druggy/EQ player on here that has tons of good music.

I've got near 10k songs, but a lot of it is metal and rock, not really party material. I have enough stuff to put something together, but I need newer stuff, obviously, although if you have an old favorite LMK because I might not have it ( probably don't lol )

Anyone got some good tracks? Links to downloads of those like 1 hour mixes, or large song torrents? I can only find top 40's, and many of those overlap or aren't really party music.

To be honest man, just get ahold of Girl Talk - Nightripper and let it play through. By the time it's over you'll be drunk enough to not realize it's repeating.

Also is this in MA or NH? Can i come!

quido
08-23-2012, 04:38 PM
I would just play They Might Be Giants - Particle Man on repeat the whole night. Everyone loves that song.

Diggles
08-23-2012, 05:08 PM
<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Le4_YYSo_Vk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Le4_YYSo_Vk?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

put it on repeat

Massive Marc
08-23-2012, 05:24 PM

Review the "What are you listening to right now" thread. Lots of good stuff there.

Would need a better idea of the genres you want. Lots of good electro summer tracks out there right now.

Taluvill
08-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Ha, its in upper new york. But yeah, I was looking for the techo remixes of stuff, good dubstep/techno stuff, rap...

People aren't into the rock scene for parties and I don't know why... lol. I'll check out that thread though, thanks!

Thana8088
08-23-2012, 06:44 PM
I recommend:

Drink the Sea by The Glitch Mob (notables are Fistful of Silence, Drive It Like You Stole It, Fortune Days and Animus Vox)

58 Degrees by Mimosa (notables are Up In The Clouds, Flourescence, Dead Like Me and Stairway)

Good electronica/party stuff!

azeth
08-23-2012, 06:55 PM
I recommend:

Drink the Sea by The Glitch Mob (notables are Fistful of Silence, Drive It Like You Stole It, Fortune Days and Animus Vox)
!

YYESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Karue
08-23-2012, 06:58 PM
Bands

Rusko
Phutureprimitive
Avicii
Massive Attack
Little People

Also, just for you, Have you listened to Gojira?

Taluvill
08-23-2012, 07:05 PM
No. All of this is really good stuff, keep it comin = P

Everythin is fillin up so fast *tear*

Taluvill
08-23-2012, 07:08 PM
Btw, the goal here is to turn on my laptop, plug it in and forget about it, if that helps = P

Karue
08-23-2012, 07:13 PM
Check out Gojira - L' Enfant Sauvage
I just saw them in concert monday, one of the best shows I have seen in a long time and full of the nicest people... which was bizarre but awesome!

Taluvill
08-23-2012, 07:27 PM
Gojira sounds good, at least the song you linked. Sounds like it would be badass live with all their highs and lows constantly.

Hasbinlulz
08-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Tallivul is a ninja looter, don't help him.

Hasbinlulz
08-23-2012, 11:33 PM
^seriously

Woobi
08-24-2012, 01:52 AM
Diplo Essential Mix

Pokeman
08-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Diplo Essential Mix

nah just this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF1lU-CrQfc

and maybe a lil

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-cT6SwFIHA

SyanideGas
09-02-2012, 02:36 AM
I would just play They Might Be Giants - Particle Man on repeat the whole night. Everyone loves that song.
Oh dear god noooo.

Knuckle
09-02-2012, 05:23 PM
people still listen to dubshit?

FoxxHound
09-03-2012, 01:19 AM
people still listen to dubshit?

Hellz yeah.

Mainly metal though. Little punk too.