PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: Hasten bugged with second player's aggro

Anathuril
08-23-2012, 07:14 AM
Yesterday (around 4PM EST, Aug 22) I was working on spawning Hasten with all of the items for the jboots quest on my person. I killed maybe my eighth drake and had to go afk for a short while. Apparently, the next spawn was Hasten. Several people had been waiting for him, and one of them decided to try to help me by keeping Hasten at the spawn point - he did this by engaging Hasten in battle. When I got back, I saw Hasten almost dead with this monk fighting him - said "please don't kill, need for quest", not knowing the monk's motivation for killing Hasten.

The monk feigned death. I started the transaction with Hasten, going through the conversation to the point of Hasten explaining the trade he called for and placing the gold in the trade window. Before I could place the other items, the monk got up, drawing aggro from Hasten. Hasten canceled the trade and ran after the monk, but the gold was apparently gone. The monk feigned again, and I caught up with Hasten, giving him the remaining items and figuring he had the gold. Hasten took the Ring of the Ancients and the shadowed rapier, and said "we do not trade" or such, then ran off.

I petitioned and got a response a few hours later indicating that it might be quicker for me to get the items back myself. Well, getting the Ring of the Ancients back is not something I would say would be quicker for me to retrieve - the AC is almost always camped - I was lucky to have gotten it in the first place. So, if I can't get the ring back, I am going to exit stage left - can't continue to play if I can't even do a simple quest without having to do it twice due to crazy crap, especially one like jboots. I logged in this morning to say goodbye to those I consider friends, and found the 3250 gold sitting on my cursor.

Since I doubt this gold was put there by a GM, I would say there is a bug with Hasten. If he is given the gold for the quest and then drawn away from the questor for some reason, cancelling the trade, the gold apparently disappears until the questor relogs - at least that is my take of what happened. I have screen shots of the transaction text, if needed.

At any rate, kudos to staff for a fine job of re-creating the general environment from earlier EQ, and hope that you all have fun. If I can't get the ring restored, I will just have to find another game to play.

Incident Details -
Server: 1999 Blue server
Date: Aug. 22, 2012; approximately 4:00 PM EST
Character: Shtaka, L51 iksar monk
Zone: Rathe Mountains
NPC: Hasten Bootstrutter
Quest: Journeyman Boots
Lost Items: Ring of the Ancients, Shadowed Rapier
Requested Item Restoration: Ring of the Ancients
Bug: If gold in trade window (only item entered so far) and Hasten aggro'd, gold disappears until re-log; if Hasten given other items for quest (questor believing he took the gold), he takes those items without honoring trade.

Included screenshot - note - loss of encumbrence after first trade - that was the gold

Ele
08-23-2012, 10:02 AM
http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=82137

We get tons of petitions about people putting items in a trade window, and someone closes the window and items poof. Happens with plat also.

Typically all you need to do is camp and come right back and the items/money will be on the cursor. If by chance this doesn't happen, petition on the petition section detailing:

Toon Name
Items
Date

There is nothing in game Sirken or I can do. It has to be traced through logs to make sure people had the item and to track down the bugs associated with it. So the wait can be long.

Ele
08-23-2012, 10:08 AM
Sorry man, but you didn't lose the items to a bug you started a multiquest process that wasn't completed. If the same Hasten is still spawned you can give him the 3250 gold and get your jboots, that is if someone else hasn't already completed it.

Hope you get the recourse you seek, but I would just go camp AC again.